Exclusive

Cougar Town Exclusive First Look: New TBS Promos Reveal What All the 'Buzz' Is About!

Apparently, when Cougar Town relocates to TBS on Tuesday, January 8, it won’t just be launching its fourth season, it’ll also be launching two new drinking games.

Oops, I said “new.”

You’ll understand why that’s important after you see the first of two new promos below.

VIDEO | Cougar Town Debuts Scoopy Music Video!

Anyway, press PLAY below to reacquaint yourselves with the wine-soaked cul-de-sac crew and perhaps raise a toast along with them to the TV gods that saved the quirktacular sitcom from extinction.

Oh, and be sure to get your friends who haven’t yet sampled the show to check out the second promo — it tells them everything they need to know to start watching.

Loading video...
Loading video...

1. Patty says:

Love how TBS is putting out promos now (while ABC never did this early). Can’t wait for January!

2. Balaji K says:

Haha, the second promo was not as good as Barney explaining HIMYM in under 60 secs. I liked the first promo.

3. dsm says:

The second promo is AWEWSOME!! Very funny :)

4. harry says:

amazing promos for the NEW season

5. Love the show! Can’t wait for it to return.

6. omabin says:

ahah looks awesome! Love the way they are being treated! I miss the cult de sac crew!

7. Liz says:

So excited! I’m loving how enthusiastic TBS seems about Cougar Town! What a difference from ABC who seemed like they could care less about my favorite show.

8. Mikael says:

TBS is already treating the show better than ABC did. I can’t wait to catch the reruns of Season 3 when they air! Is that why the DVD hasn’t come out yet, so as not to compete with TBS?

• Ava says:

Most DVDs aren’t released until just before the show airs new episodes. I would iamgine we’ll be able to get a copy right around Christmas time (or Hanukah, Judaism SON!)

9. Jeff says:

OK – let’s clear up a few misconceptions.

1. ABC treated the show very, very well. It got the best lead-in on ABC’s schedule for a year and a half, and was unable to capitalize on it. Yet ABC picked it up for three full seasons, even though the ratings didn’t justify it.

2. It’s not funny. Courteney Cox is not funny. The drinking games are not funny. The title and premise aren’t funny.

3. The ratings will be even worse on TBS. But you die-hards will blame those ratings on anything but the show’s poor quality.

My advice is to go watch your terrible show with it’s tiny fanbase and get down on your hands and knees and be thankful you have gotten as many episodes as you have. It’s certainly not due to the show’s quality or popularity. Perhaps Bill Lawrence made a deal with the devil.

• May says:

Who peed on your Cheerios? Why would you even come to read an article about a show you don’t like? How about doing something you enjoy? In your case, it must be torturing kitties or stealing lollipops from little kids. Get a life.

• Kathy says:

Hey May, how about you go stare into a mirror while sipping wine? You might find it more interesting than watching that dumb show.

Yeah, I came to this site specifically to pee all over your Cheerios. Deal with it!

• Ram510 says:

1 – Cougar Town did well behind Modern Family before ABC put them on hiatus for the failure Mr. Sunshine. It was getting anywhere from high 2’s to low 3’s, no reason to bench a show with those kind of ratings. That would be like CBS benching Mike & Molly, it should’ve never happened. After the hiatus ABC seemed to not have much interest in promoting the show and clearly showed in their actions
      2 – The show is very funny and quick witted
      3 – I figure TBS will be happy if Cougar Towns ratings are on par with Men at Work, this is still cable

• Kathy says:

I agree 100% except the devil part. I think Bill Lawrence is just a moron.

• Audrey E. says:

I think someone’s confusing the meaning of ”misconceptions” with opinions. People liking and finding Cougar Town funny isn’t a misconception, it’s their opinion. And so is your vehement disagreement with them.
      I don’t understand why even come to a posting about a show you hate so much. I despise The Vampire Diaries so I don’t go anywhere near stuff about it, much less write some vicious diatribe on a comments page on an article about it.

• Carm says:

You don’t seem to know the meaning of misconception.

10. Ava says:

I don’t normally engage the trolls but I have to say that ABC treated Cougar Town very poorly. It got ratings on par with the rest of ABC’s Wednesday lineup until ABC started pulling it from the air to randomly launch loser shows. I’m glad they have found their way to TBS, where hopefully the genius of Cougar Town will be appreciated.

11. Nikki says:

So excited to watch Season 4! I love all the promos and pics you’ve been posting, and am glad TBS realized what a gem this show is. Penny Can!!!!

12. JJ says:

Just saying…Cougar Town’s ratings were just fine on ABC Wednesdays until they put it on hiatus during it’s second season and then kept it off the air completely (no reruns or anything even hinting at its existence) for NINE months! They then finally aired a shortened 3rd season in a totally incompatible timeslot behind a low rated show with a totally different audience. It’s like they set the show up for failure. Bill Lawrence is the guy who not only created this hilarious show (look past the title and watch an episode that’s not the first 6), but entertained fans on twitter and funded parties throughout the country to show eager fans some episodes while ABC wouldn’t air them. He is nothing but funny, smart, and passionate about his shows and his loyal fans who support them. Loving TBS for recognizing all of this and rewarding such a great show!

13. Jake says:

I have to agree with the rest. ABC treated this show very poorly. The show did better (higher retention out of at the time lower rated Modern Family) than Happy Endings and Don’t Trust The B—-. It put no effort in promoting the show when it returned after the first hiatus. To make matters worse it was put on hold to midseason, which was then postponed until after Work It had aired its run (which bombed of course and Cougar Town was brought back before the previously planned March return date). It got no promotion for its return and had a very, very incompatible lead-in. Does any of that sound like a network that appreciates its show?

TBS has in the last 3 months done everything right, making viral videos for the show, announcing the return date early and actually started promoting the show’s return on air. And the show truly deserves the attention, it’s one of the most underrated comedy on TV. I love that there is a sitcom out there about people in their 40s. Rarely do we ever see shows that treat this age group as its focal point without being overwrought night-time soaps (affairs! murders!) or hacky laugh track sitcoms. Cougar Town takes its characters seriously and tells emotional and heartfelt stories about wasting your life away on the people you love. And I love the show for doing that.

14. nick1372 says:

I just discovered Cougar Town this spring, and I love it. It’s a smart, funny comedy.
    Sadly, I can’t watch these videos on my phone :( . I got the second from somewhere else, though.
    CT can actually be summed up in three words from that. “We like wine.” :-D
    I disagree with all of the people who say ABC treated CT terribly. When CT and Modern Family premiered they were both moderate successes. But when MF became a megahit CT didn’t grow very much. So ABC decided to (Gasp!) move a veteran that wasn’t pulling great ratings so they could (Gasp!) give a new show the best slot on the network. If you are grumbling about CT being put behind Last Man Standing, LMS was a moderate success and even though it wasn’t the best match in the world possibly (Gasp!) ABC didn’t want an extremely family-oriented show leading in to Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23!! Cougar Town could have thrived, it just sadly didn’t have the audience.

• Jake says:

I somewhat agree with what you’re saying, but not all of it :P

Of course ABC should have tested other shows out of Modern Family. Still doesn’t justify them shoving the show aside for so long, even going out of their way making sure that it wouldn’t even get the mid-season slot it was promised on Tuesdays at 9 alongside Don’t Trust The B in Apt 23. And not to mention the benching of the show for Dancing With The Stars repeats without warning when it came back. ABC needed to do what they had to do for their own sake, but it’s not like they even tried to promote the show for its season 3 return.

I agree that CT was never a big enough hit to survive outside of that wednesday block, but nothing they have tried outside of wednesdays have worked on the comedy side (LMS did almost as poorly as CT did in the spring pulling 1.7s on average and Work It bombed as badly as CT did). So it’ll be interesting for sure to see how Happy Endings and Apt 23 does it without Modern Family. I’m guessing (but not hoping, as I love those shows too) they won’t do much better. I think promotion and awareness is vital for any young-skewing comedy these days and it’s hard for shows to be noticed when wednesdays have become the home for comedy as far as ABC is concerned.

• nick1372 says:

I get a lot of what you’re saying, except for the part where ABC comedies don’t work out when there not on Fridays. Last year, Last Man Standing outperformed Dont Trust the B in Apt 23; 2.43 to 2.34.
        And they didn’t bench CT for DWTS repeats, they were recaps. Big difference.

15. Sasha says:

I’m from the UK and have to say CT is one of the funniest comedies from the USA. The humour is dry, which seems to go over a lot of American’s heads. In England we love love love it! We grew out of slapstick comedy and I appreciate it’s still big in your country, but to all you fellow CT lovers, holla! You have a higher intelligence to understand the comedy others just don’t get! Roll on season 4. I will be downloading the episodes as they air! Either stop hating or find a better use of your time as here, on this site, we DON’T care!

16. Sasha says:

17. George says:

All I can say is I wish my street was this cool!! What an awesome Show…. so witty and I wish I could un-wine-d every night with them!!