Grey's Anatomy's Season 9 Trailer Features Wedding Buzz, a Sexy Mer and Der & More!

Get More: First Look, Video

Grey's Anatomy Season 9Fasten your seatbelts, Grey’s Anatomy fans.

In advance of Season 9′s second outing on Thursday, ABC has released an extended trailer featuring glimpses of not only this week’s post-plane crash flashback hour but episodes beyond that as well.

VIDEO | Grey’s Sneak Peek — Mark’s Alive?!

The most revealing takeaways: Jackson drops the M-bomb to April (could it be related to this?), Callie and Arizona have a rather intense argument in a shower, and, as exec producer Shonda Rhimes promised, Meredith and Derek are going to have sex. And we’re going to witness it.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your expectations/hopes/dreams for Grey’s in Year 9.

Loading video...

Comments (38)

• Grey’s is BACK.

Comment by David – October 2, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jackson and Aprilllll!!!!!

Comment by A – October 2, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boo. Not a fan.

Comment by Elf – October 2, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • then if you hate Grey’s Anatomy then you should go to Hell !!!

Comment by Reagan – October 6, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is seriously one of my favorite things to have happened, and I am excited to see where it goes. I’ve liked the idea of them since we met them.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 2, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! They are my favorite potential couple on the show. They have such an amazing chemistry.

Comment by Ashly – October 2, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seems to me that Shonda is trying to push a new Mark and Lexie.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 2, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Love this and cried again

Comment by lucy – October 2, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome promo! My favourite is the MerDer part. :)

Comment by Tia – October 2, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, and can we say FINALLY!! To get back some of the fun & sexy Mer & Der of season 1, 2 & (first part of 3).

Comment by Liz – October 2, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what`s the title of the song in the trailer?

Comment by olcz – October 2, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kodaine – All I Want

Comment by K. – October 2, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tell me Lexie is coming back at least as a corpse!!! Can’t wait this long to know how everything regarding the plane crash is resolved.
    I know it’s a big budget they would’ve needed, but aren’t there any other residents? The only one left was Lexie?
    I want The Nazi back!
    What happened to the pilot?

Comment by Olivia – October 2, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, how hard could it be for Shonda Rhimes to make Meredith pregnant with a boy, who will be named Mark Alexander? Just saying…
      It’ll be cool to see them when they are in front of the wrecked plane.

Comment by Olivia – October 2, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!

Comment by Trista – October 2, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn. I’m ready.
    If it’s even possible, GA is even more depressing this season (so far anyway).

Comment by anon – October 2, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please DIE Arizona.

Comment by Lisa Johnson (@Lisa_JDC) – October 2, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahaha love this comment!! Yes, please.

Comment by Aoife – October 2, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Arizona and Callie are the best of the show, so that’s no happening

Comment by Florencia – October 2, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Besides being a sick comment, it’s kind of disturbing as well. Good thing you can hide behind a computer screen….And no, Arizona is one of the best characters to ever have come on to the show.

Comment by Ana – October 2, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree with you. Jessica and Sara are amazing actresses and I’m eternally grateful to Shonda for giving us such an intense e profound story line for them.

Comment by Falling_from_cloud9 (@Rob_Qua) – October 2, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, no! Callie & Arizona have a HUGE fanbase (incuding me) and Shonda loves Jessica and the character of Arizona. You know there are characters I don’t like, but out of respect to their fans I would never post hoping they die off. Maybe that’s just me.

Comment by Jessica – October 2, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not just you, it’s just being civil. Most of us learnt about it in infancy. Not everyone did I guess. Arizona and Callie are amazing and what they’re doing not only for GA but for TV in general is monumental.

Comment by Lenaa – October 2, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • without lexie and mark……

….. how is this show even alive. i mean i know the show went on without them before but seriously idek why I SHOULD be still watching. Nope. Sorry, creators.

Comment by Jenna – October 2, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not everyone agrees with you. I found Lexi annoying, and I like Chyler Leigh overall.

Comment by KSM – October 2, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! Finally some MerDer extra time.

Comment by Lista – October 2, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some scenes from the premiere and some new too. Loved Derek looking at the plane reconstruction and Mer/Der loving. Thanks for this!

Comment by Suze – October 2, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Loved it too! I can’t believe I’m getting excited for Grey’s again. This promo trailer was well done and regardless of what’s coming it made me look forward to the show. I am excited to see sexy MerDer back but I am excited to see everybodies journey from that tragedy too, for the first time in a long time, I feel like I am interested in the show as a whole. Hope I dont get dissappointed once again. * crossing my fingers*

Comment by Gladys – October 2, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a big fan of Jackson and April, so the preview stuff for them looks great. I would love to see them be together. But this is Grey’s Anatomy, after all, so who knows what they’ll throw in as an obstacle.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 2, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calzona is going to break my heart, but I’m excited for the storyline!!!

Comment by Florencia – October 2, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally some real interaction between Callie and Arizona. JCap is going to hit this out of the park. So intense! But if she loses her leg after being up and around I will be pissed. Kinda hate Shonda but I’m kind of in awe how she has infused new life into Greys after 8 seasons. *hats off* Just hope that ‘the season of romance’ extends to Calzona as well because it would just be cruel to exclude them.

Comment by Ana – October 2, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you see the first episode? Episode 2 is about what happens after the plane crash (ie before episode 1).

Comment by kavyn – October 2, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone loves to complain about Shonda, but lets be real. She’s amazingly talented.

Comment by nicole – October 2, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so glad you posted this! I don’t know how many times I’ve read “I hate Shonda”, yet they still watch her shows. Love her or hate her (which is harsh), Shonda is able to pull emotions, whether they’re positive or negative, out of you just by watching her shows. I think people dog on her too much. She is incredibly talented and if you don’t like her, don’t watch her shows.

Comment by Jessica – October 2, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cristina all alone looking up at the helicopter…so sad. Makes you wonder how long until she or Mer were the only ones conscious during the week they were out there….

Comment by Freddie – October 2, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why arizona is not dead ??!! why … ??

Comment by danie – October 2, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post