Grey's Anatomy's Season 9 Trailer Features Wedding Buzz, a Sexy Mer and Der & More!

Grey's Anatomy Season 9Fasten your seatbelts, Grey’s Anatomy fans.

In advance of Season 9’s second outing on Thursday, ABC has released an extended trailer featuring glimpses of not only this week’s post-plane crash flashback hour but episodes beyond that as well.

VIDEO | Grey’s Sneak Peek — Mark’s Alive?!

The most revealing takeaways: Jackson drops the M-bomb to April (could it be related to this?), Callie and Arizona have a rather intense argument in a shower, and, as exec producer Shonda Rhimes promised, Meredith and Derek are going to have sex. And we’re going to witness it.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your expectations/hopes/dreams for Grey’s in Year 9.

Loading video...

1. David says:

Grey’s is BACK.

2. A says:

Jackson and Aprilllll!!!!!

3. lucy says:

OMG Love this and cried again

4. Tia says:

Awesome promo! My favourite is the MerDer part. :)

5. olcz says:

what`s the title of the song in the trailer?

6. Olivia says:

Tell me Lexie is coming back at least as a corpse!!! Can’t wait this long to know how everything regarding the plane crash is resolved.
    I know it’s a big budget they would’ve needed, but aren’t there any other residents? The only one left was Lexie?
    I want The Nazi back!
    What happened to the pilot?

7. Trista says:

AWESOME!

8. anon says:

Damn. I’m ready.
    If it’s even possible, GA is even more depressing this season (so far anyway).

• Aoife says:

Hahahaha love this comment!! Yes, please.

• Florencia says:

Arizona and Callie are the best of the show, so that’s no happening

• Ana says:

Besides being a sick comment, it’s kind of disturbing as well. Good thing you can hide behind a computer screen….And no, Arizona is one of the best characters to ever have come on to the show.

• Jessica says:

Um, no! Callie & Arizona have a HUGE fanbase (incuding me) and Shonda loves Jessica and the character of Arizona. You know there are characters I don’t like, but out of respect to their fans I would never post hoping they die off. Maybe that’s just me.

• Lenaa says:

It’s not just you, it’s just being civil. Most of us learnt about it in infancy. Not everyone did I guess. Arizona and Callie are amazing and what they’re doing not only for GA but for TV in general is monumental.

9. Jenna says:

without lexie and mark……

….. how is this show even alive. i mean i know the show went on without them before but seriously idek why I SHOULD be still watching. Nope. Sorry, creators.

10. Lista says:

Yeah! Finally some MerDer extra time.

11. Suze says:

Some scenes from the premiere and some new too. Loved Derek looking at the plane reconstruction and Mer/Der loving. Thanks for this!

• Gladys says:

Loved it too! I can’t believe I’m getting excited for Grey’s again. This promo trailer was well done and regardless of what’s coming it made me look forward to the show. I am excited to see sexy MerDer back but I am excited to see everybodies journey from that tragedy too, for the first time in a long time, I feel like I am interested in the show as a whole. Hope I dont get dissappointed once again. * crossing my fingers*

12. Mikaylah says:

I’m a big fan of Jackson and April, so the preview stuff for them looks great. I would love to see them be together. But this is Grey’s Anatomy, after all, so who knows what they’ll throw in as an obstacle.

13. Florencia says:

Calzona is going to break my heart, but I’m excited for the storyline!!!

14. Ana says:

Finally some real interaction between Callie and Arizona. JCap is going to hit this out of the park. So intense! But if she loses her leg after being up and around I will be pissed. Kinda hate Shonda but I’m kind of in awe how she has infused new life into Greys after 8 seasons. *hats off* Just hope that ‘the season of romance’ extends to Calzona as well because it would just be cruel to exclude them.

15. nicole says:

Everyone loves to complain about Shonda, but lets be real. She’s amazingly talented.

• Jessica says:

I’m so glad you posted this! I don’t know how many times I’ve read “I hate Shonda”, yet they still watch her shows. Love her or hate her (which is harsh), Shonda is able to pull emotions, whether they’re positive or negative, out of you just by watching her shows. I think people dog on her too much. She is incredibly talented and if you don’t like her, don’t watch her shows.

16. Freddie says:

Cristina all alone looking up at the helicopter…so sad. Makes you wonder how long until she or Mer were the only ones conscious during the week they were out there….

17. danie says:

why arizona is not dead ??!! why … ??