Glee's 'Break Up' Episode: 12 Quick Observations

Get More: Glee, Previews

Glee Break UpHere’s your TVLine shopping advisory for Wednesday, October 3, 2012: Head to the drug store and stock up on Kleenex. Because come Thursday evening, tissues will likely be selling at a premium, thanks to Episode 4 of Glee‘s fourth season, aptly titled “The Break Up.”

Suffice to say that if you love — or even used to love — any of the central couples on Fox’s high-school musical, you’re almost certainly going to shed a tear or two before the hour is over. You might even wind up bawling. At a bare minimum, you’ll get a lump in your throat.

Having just watched the episode from start to finish, here are 12 quick spoilery (but not too, too spoilery) observations:

* Don’t be fooled by the episode’s title: “The Break Up” implies singular, but more than one major relationship winds up in a body bag this week. And pretty much every major romantic relationship gets seriously tested.

* The phrase “Lima loser” once again rears its ugly, anti-Ohio head, and indeed it once again rolls off the tongue of one Finn Hudson.

* Speaking of Finn, let’s just say that wherever he spent the last several months completely freezing out Rachel — and not to worry, Ryan Murphy & Co. definitely fill in the blanks in his summer itinerary — treated him very, very well (at least from a physical standpoint). Our male lead has never looked quite this fetching.

* Someone finally addresses the absurdity of recent high-school graduate and coffee-shop waiter Kurt scoring a coveted Vogue.com internship simply by taking “photos of every ridiculous outfit he ever paired with a Cossack hat and a see-through raincoat.” (For the record, that someone is Santana.)

* Klaine fans might detect some trouble in the air very early in the episode, when Blaine’s “I love you” is met with the stinging slap of a dial tone.

* You may, at one point in the episode, find yourself shouting at your television: “WHO THE HELL IS THIS ELI C SKANK?”

* My favorite heated retort of the hour comes from Emma Pilsbury, responding to Schue’s insistence that they need to talk about whether or not she’ll take a sabbatical and join him in D.C. as he works on the Blue Ribbon Panel to Improve Arts Education: “We just did! You just don’t like what I have to say!” (I wished she’d added, “and you don’t have to keeping saying the entire name of the Blue Ribbon Panel to Improve Arts Education, either!”)

* “The Break Up,” without a doubt, provides the answer to the following question: “What is the polar opposite of Blaine Warbler’s ‘Teenage Dream’ performance from back in Season 2?”

* When Santana says she doesn’t want to be in one of those long-distance couples who hang in there for a few months, then “break up when someone eventually cheats or things get weird,” Brittany’s earnest, teary-eyed response hits like a sudden and unexpected blow to the soul.

* Saddest line of the episode, for me, came from a couple whose demise I didn’t realize would sting quite so much: “You know I will always love you the most.”

* The Marley-Jake-Kitty triangle gets some screentime, too. (Rejoice or kvetch here as you see fit.)

* Without giving too, too much away about Rachel and Finn’s final conversation this week, let’s just say it’s as intense as the tear-streaked car scene from the Season 3 finale. Is that intense enough for you?

Okay, that’s it from me. Why buy the cow if some guy with a screener has already milked the cow, pasteurized the milk, packaged it in a handy cardboard carton, and put it in your fridge? Um…okay, I’m not sure about that last sentence either. So just hit the comments with your anticipation level for “The Break Up.” Which couples do you think are doomed? Any couple whose demise you cannot abide? Ready, set, speculate!

Tags:

Comments (310)

• Love Finn’s story. Watch him become an epic character! He might be a Lima Loser to you now, but he will rise to become that one person who will overcome it all. Ryan Murphy said that most stories come from them (meaning the castmembers).. Cory’s life has been all about struggle and his journey to overcome difficulties! Finn will be that peson as well… he will find his dream eventually! Also just like Cory and Lea are a couple in real life, Finn and Rachel will also reunite!!
    Rachel’s story can also be compared to Lea’s life. Everyone knows that the young Lea used to be just like Rachel. Brody is a bit like a previous boyfriend (not afraid to say, maybe even like Theo) she had when playing on Broadway and living in NY…the hot man who is a perfect match to share dreams and similarities with…in a strange way! But watch her mature in that relationship and finally realize that she loves Finn more…

Comment by Diana – October 3, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show producers already said that Finn and Rachel were breaking up “for good.” (whatever that means) in this episode. I know that Chris and Darren both wanted “drama” for their characters, and I know that Darren had said in an interview that he wanted Blaine “to think about cheating on Kurt.” But I can’t believe he would do that because of how he reacted to Kurt’s texting relationship with Chandler and how he got so upset. I’m wondering if he didn’t actually cheat but found himself in a compromising situation with someone (Sebastian maybe?) but no actual cheating but just felt guilty for allowing something like that to happen. I hope he didn’t actually cheat. I really don’t want Blaine and Kurt to break up but I know that they both need to grow and figure themselves out, so if that means a temporary separation I am OK with that. But I really would like to see them reunite and when Blaine graduates he can be in NY with Kurt. What happens after that, we’ll see (if there is a season 5). I think Brittany and Santana will be together and the same for Will and Emma. This episode is going to be really hard for me to watch because I don’t like to see any relationship end. But I will be watching because I love the show.

Comment by Kay – October 3, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They did not say that Finchel would break up for good. Finchel have been endgame since the pilot, they are the main characters and will get back together because they have the most offline fans

Comment by Blair – October 3, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They mention “possibly for good.” That’s why they are throwing out the little negative insinuations about Brody (idea that he preys on freshmen, all the over-the-top compliments and sexual references)…to give themselves an out when the time comes. Cory always gives fans the scoop in a covert way. When they ask him what happens in the end with Finn and Rachel his answer is “Finchel is Forever.” Same thing he was doing in interviews the second half of season 2.

Comment by Nincompoop – October 3, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I’m happy that Finnchel and Klaine might be over. When I think of a great tv couple, it’s characters who bring out the best in each other. I don’t really see that in any of these pairings. Personally I liked Rachel better in season two when she wasn’t with Finn. Finn, on the other hand, I’ve never truly cared for and I’m still a little confused as to the massive love for this character. But everyone is allowed an opinion and that the character is not very likeable is mine.

Back to the couples issue though. Maybe they just need time to grow up and mature a little. Who knows? But personally I’ll be happy to see them end. I just don’t want to deal with the back and forth drama anymore. If the show is going to break them up this early, it’s going to be annoying if they’re back together by the end of the season like Finn and Rachel in season two. I hope the writers actually take the time to let these characters develop without the heavy focus on relationships.

Comment by Ty – October 3, 2012 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you like Finchel and Klaine watching Glee must have been hard for you….hahaha.

Comment by Liam – October 3, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you mean if I don’t like Klaine and Finnchel. And surprisingly no, it wasn’t hard to watch at all. Because there are other characters on the show. I realize that a lot of people tend to forget that but there you go.

And while I don’t care for those particular pairings, I happen to like both Blaine and Rachel. I’m really hoping that once Klaine is over, the writers will develop Blaine’s character and let Rachel actually be the confident young woman she proclaims herself to be. It’s one thing to say it but her actions prove the opposite.

Comment by Ty – October 3, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “You know I will always love you the most.” It’s Santana saying that isn’t it? Omg I’m not ready for this episode. Brittana is going to break my heart!

Comment by breyt – October 3, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^
      That’s what I think too. Heartbreaking.

Comment by LadyB – October 3, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boy it is easy to hate on cast and writers here. This article is no open invitation to hate on people. Let me be the first to show appreciation for this show. I have been a Gleek from day 1 and still am. Of course I haven’t loved every episode. Sure I think some storylines could have been told differently or left out. Sure I disagree with many things.. butI am also glad that Ryan kept almost the entire cast on board and still allowed them to explore other things. I will hold on to this show, because of the love I have for Glee. Glee is about being an underdog and how to overcome. Like a true Gleek I will overcome all this bullying here. If this is going to be the last season of Glee I am simply going to enjoy…just let me!

Comment by Lesley – October 3, 2012 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Finchel is breaking up, my tears will be tears of joy for Glee finally putting an end on the worst couple to ever exist in television. Enough with the emotional abuse Glee. Quit Finchel for good.

Comment by Tat – October 3, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you stupid? What the hell is wrong with you? Finchel is an amazing couple and they will get back together, everyone knows it. They have the most drama and screentime because they are the main couple. They are way better than all the other couples, for example, Klaine is too boring for words and their not even endgame because they’ve never even dated anyone else so they don’t know what they want

Comment by Blair – October 3, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Klaine is too boring for words and their not even endgame because they’ve never even dated anyone else so they don’t know what they want” spoiler alert, after Blaine cheats on Kurt he says he knows, more than ever, that Kurt is the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Kurt will date someone else this season I have no doubt, but if you think the show is going to let go of Blaine/Darren and hope whatever new guy they cast for Kurt gets the same amount of fans and success, you can keep hoping.

Comment by ace – October 3, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love this! Finnchel bring out the worst in each other. Separately they’re ok (though I’m not much of a Finn fan) but together they are quite possibly the most annoying and toxic pairing I’ve ever seen. I really hope that if they break, that they either stay broken up or actually mature enough to be in a functional relationship. Given the writer’s attention to things like plot and jar acted development as of late, I’m going to lean toward the latter.

Comment by Ty – October 3, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You people need to calm down and look at the big picture. Ryan Murphy is nip/tuck edgy and he likes to reboot stuff and see what happens. The problem is that glee is not nip/tuck and it had a brand all to itself basically the underdogs whether gay or straight making mistakes but in the end fighting the good fight together. The last episode he transformed the Rachel character into something totally different in a commercial break after the stunt casting parker did a pixie dust new wardrobe. This episode he will again make finn a joke ruining the army storyline in a montage and making his character question himself again. The audience loses the underdog feel to rachel and finn becomes a joke once again. This was planned before season 3 even began so that is why it hurts he made the audience feel
    like a bunch of chumps and that can never be forgiven or forgotten. It feels like the lea michele promotional video show with his second favorite character kirk along for the ride. Glee does not exist for me anymore. The brand is dead. Fox will promote this and we will still not give in shoving new characters down our throats on the backs of the originals is not cool and by the way this character was network tested so he is not going away anytime soon. If you feel his acting merits it watch, if you feel his acting does not do not watch. The other point is why does lea michele get 30 minutes of network air time and every one else scrambles for the rest this is the real problem with glee too much of her. America does not like being told what to watch and this fame reboot feels very much like that. Finn has deliberately been written as directionless for 2 and a half network seasons what a joke.

Comment by sam – October 3, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m actually sick of people like you who always talking negatively about glee. if you really don’t like it and do you think the brand is dead why do you bother to comment on it? first of all lea michele is ALWAYS the lead of the show and 30 minutes of air time? do we watch the same show? her screentime last week was not more than 20 minutes. and do you already watch this episode? you better watch the episode first before you said anything about finn storyline then we can comment about it properly. your comment really irks me as people who still watch and love the show

Comment by ullo – October 3, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And pray tell, what do you consider a “functional relationship?” Because a functional relationship has ups and downs, loved-up moments, times when you want to throw things at the other person. All the things that these two have done.

Comment by Nincompoop – October 3, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, I don’t know how his comment jumped to here it was mean for the ‘Ty” comment above.

Comment by Nincompoop – October 3, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lea Michele gets the most air time because she is the STAR of the show! If you’ve been watching Glee for 3 seasons, you should know that. She was not just another Glee club member.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I JUST LOVE FINCHEL SO MUCH

Comment by Blair – October 3, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Klaine and Britanna.
    But I think it’s time they saw other people. Or did things outside being in a relationship, at least.

Comment by evudently – October 3, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the good ol’ days of less internet, when show writers wrote stories how they saw fit for their characters instead of caving in to “shippers”. I say break em all up & start fresh.

Comment by jjovana3 – October 3, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ya go away Finn Hudson son!

Comment by Weni Choi – October 3, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do not like Santana’s comment at all. Can’t the writers let Kurt be happy and successful at something without tearing him down a week later?

Comment by I hate glee – October 3, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad she makes that comment. The fact that Kurt was able to get that internship so easily was completely ridiculous. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve success and happiness. But him getting such a great internship in a city like New York just for showing photos of his clothes was pretty absurd.

Comment by Michael – October 3, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop, Slezak! I sorta want all of the couples to break up and am curious if their version of “The Scientist” has anything on the emotional impact of Katelyn Epperly’s performance on AI.

Comment by Nate – October 3, 2012 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately, I think it is going to be Finchel(pretty much confirmed) and Brittana( it will kill me) breaking up. I think the “leaks” are a little bit of reverse psychology. There has just been too much hype in the promos and such about Klaine that I think that’s where they want us to think it’s going. Brittana has kind of flown under the radar so far without much emphasis on their relationship, so I think the writers are going hit us hard now. My other thought is how else are they going to get Santana to NY. If Brittana are having trouble with the KY-OH separation how will they handle NY-OH? I am just bracing myself and trying to get my mind prepared. I would just as soon none of them break up, but that doesn’t look like it is happening. Hopefully each of them will grow and maybe find their way back to each other. Just won’t be the same-Santana and Brittany have always been together as friends &/or girlfriends. Gonna be sad.

Comment by dolfenluvr – October 3, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. We have been getting a lot of hints about Klaine and Finchel breaking up and nothing about Brittana. The fact that we’re not getting info on Brittana makes me believe that their one of the couples that break up. I hope they don’t though. They’re my favorite.

Comment by Michael – October 3, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^
      Agreed. It’s so sad to think of Brittana splitting up. Even before they were a couple, they were friends and allies. I’m not looking forward to their break-up.

Comment by LadyB – October 3, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • along the same lines i have been wondering if all these hints of a finn and rachel breakup are a red herring and that it will be brittany/santana and kurt/blaine. i like all 3 couples but feel like finn and rachel breakups have been done to death so i hope they stay together. santana and brittany are probably my least favorite of the three and i am loving the brittany sam pairing idea. kurt and blaine could use a shakeup.

Comment by murley – October 3, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE the idea of Finchel breaking up and I hope they find their way back to each other soon. I’m sure I’ll feel bad for the Klaine breakup but I’ve never liked Darren Criss so I hope this opens the door for a better romantic interest for Kurt. The Brittana breakup was so obviously coming that it’s not even a surprise.As for Jake/Kitty/Marley…who cares?

Comment by Caro – October 3, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finchel breaking up (yet again) is what’s annoying me most about this upcoming episode. Like, wasn’t their scene in Goodbye an unofficial break up? smh

Comment by Nix – October 3, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish finchel weren’t breaking up :( and please keep Rachel away from Brody, sorry but I just don’t like him, perfect people are boring. I hope Finn and Rachel use the time apart to grow up so that when they get back together they stay together.

Comment by LJ – October 3, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Finchel is over after this episode, I’ll be happy.

Comment by Steve – October 3, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as Britanna goes away, I”LL be happy!

Comment by Dingbat! – October 3, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me, but I don’t get the allure of Finn/ Cory Monteith, he’s not a very good actor, he’s mildly attractive, but not really, and his singing is okay. To me he is not the male lead of Glee, I would say that title would go to Darren Criss or Chris Colfer (HELLO! Golden Globe winner!!!) Darren is a way better singer than Cory and far more attractive and Chris is a far better actor than Cory. Not my intention to bash Cory, but these are the facts!!! Please tell me someone else agrees.

Comment by Eric – October 3, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cory Monteith is the best and most subtle actor they have, Lea being a close second. He is NOT mildly attractive, he is gorgeous, but only straight some would know. His singing in the third season was praised even by critics. He is the male lead because he is written as such. He takes the leadership role, ex. going to find Sam for sectionals, making his peace with Blaine, he gives up the limelight to others when needed. Chris Colfer although fantastic, does not have the stage presence to be the male lead cause he sings like a girl.

Comment by Finn is the male lead...get over it – October 3, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought you very actually a clever person. I was happy. Finally!¨
        And than you finish with such crap! Chris Colfer is amazing, talented and his singing is unique, but not girly. It´s not about who has the most talent, but who is written to be a lead. Because of the character.
        They are all amazing and you suck. Uff. I feel better now.
        And as far as s4 seems to be going, Darren is really written like a male lead. But things may change now that Cory is back.
        And who cares anyway?!

Comment by Guenon – October 3, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaine is the only thing keeping me interested in the show….I’ll be fine if they breakup and get back together at some point but this cheating rumour is just RIDICULOUS. And other love interests for either of them wouldn’t interest me at all.

I was actually ok with the way it was going, Blaine felt alone, Kurt was off with NY people and not making time for him, but once again the writers are making Kurt the victim if this cheating rumour is true. They always make Kurt, who I think of as a very strong person, the victim and make it seem like nothing good will ever happen for him.

Personally, I think with the way the storylines went of the Blaine/Sebastian and Kurt/Chandler stuff, Blaine would NOT be the one to end up cheating there. For once they should show that Kurt isn’t the perfect guy that all the crappy stuff happens to. Make Kurt the bad guy in this situation. If they just slowly grew apart because of Kurt’s new life and not having time for Blaine and like last week being too caught up in his NYC life to care about anything Blaine does, that would be fine. I would actually love to see Kurt be the bad guy again. But the Blaine cheating rumour is COMPLETELY STUPID. The writers are taking a strong awesome character and ruining him. This breakup didn’t need to happen in that ridiculous way and I’m hoping that this spoiler is completely wrong and the boys will end up together for “eternity” as Ryan Murphy stated on his Twitter.

Personally, I think the Klaine relationship and Brittana relationship are a very important part of the show and to have them end is very disappointing. Finn/Rachel have been over for a while, Will/Emma aren’t even on the show that much.

I’ll keep watching to see what happens but it seems like the writers look around at what fans are saying they want for Kurt/Blaine and do the EXACT OPPOSITE. I hate when writers ruin my favourite characters/favourite shows.

Comment by Mel – October 3, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers have said time and again that Finchel is the core of the show; that it embodies what the show is about. Now, tell me, where does that imply that Finchel is over? Just because your ships break up, doesn’t mean that you should dis another ship.

Comment by Nix – October 3, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like Klaine (or Blaine tbh), but I agree with a lot of what you said. Blaine cheating on Kurt is pretty ridiculous. And I hate how they always make Kurt out to be the victim. It would be more plausible for them to just drift apart.

Comment by Adam – October 3, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree!

Comment by Kay – October 3, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I’m sad for Brittana and Klaine fans cos this is the first time there ships break up but my main ship is Finchel and I’m going to be such a wreck tomorrow!

Comment by Janis – October 3, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m intrigued by the whole Kitty/Jake/Marley thing, but I hate that the other New Directions kids hardly get screentime! And, for the record, I’m seriously dreading Finchel’s millionth break up. Thanks a lot, Glee… a couple doesn’t need to break up once every season to keep us invested. LMAO

Comment by Nix – October 3, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I am praying for is for Blaine to not have cheated!! I can barely handle the fact that they will probably break up but as long as he didn’t cheat there is always a chance they will get back together sooner!! I am a bawling mess already and I haven’t even seen the episode!!

Comment by Nycitynygirl – October 3, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely think that “saddest line” is Brittany to Santana.

Comment by dude – October 3, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From the spoilers I feel Brittany and Santana will be joining Rachel and Finn as exes. I think breaking Kurt and Blaine up would also be a good thing. All the characters would grow more and have more to do. I kinda always felt like Brit was just Santana’s first love. Will be glad to have Naya back on my screne either way. I would not mind some Quinn also, can’t really stand the newbees. I could do without the Ohio storylines so far.

Comment by Randy – October 3, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screen. Sorry

Comment by Randy – October 3, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Klaine break up I will be okay with that. I stopped shipping them in the beginning of season 3.

Comment by Michael – October 3, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s nothing I hate more than these “ship” names. They drive me batty. The worst one isn’t on Glee though (“Calzona” anyone?).

Comment by Jellymoff – October 3, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Greys anatomy, hehe… But I agree xD

Comment by Cole Thill – October 29, 2012 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brittany cheats. Ufff. Thanx god, I was kinda worried there for a while.

Comment by Guenon – October 3, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brittany cheats?

Comment by Ally – October 3, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think so. I´m pretty sure, actually. Nothing confirmed, just instinct. (I guessed most of the spoiler-confirmed stuff well :D)
        It makes way more sence than Blaine, and someone does cheat. I think they both could sleep with other people in the end, but it´ll take longer for Blainers.

Comment by Guenon – October 3, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brittana and Klaine are my favorite couples. I don’t want them to break up.

Comment by Tom – October 3, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here!

Comment by Jessie J – October 3, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol funny joke

Comment by Miss Dragon – October 3, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ummm, what’s so funny about me not wanting Brittana and Klaine to break up? It wasn’t a joke.

Comment by Tom – October 3, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think that Blaine tried to rape Kurt. He was drunk and he put the moves on his boyfriend and Kurt said no. I know that happens. My boyfriend gets a little amorous when he’s been drinking and if I’m am sober I say no, for basically the same reasons that Kurt did. He’s not trying to rape me.

As far as Blaine going on one meaningless date with Rachel, so what? Kurt and Blaine weren’t dating, Rachel was single, and that was it. Speaking as a gay man who came out in high school, I can say that I know how Blaine was feeling. You are 95% sure that this is who you are, but there is this nagging 5% and you need to get rid of that doubt. Also, Kurt was kind of being a jerk that whole episode. He was dismissing all bisexual people and being rude.

Comment by Eric – October 3, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this.^

Comment by Ally – October 3, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eric: I agree with you about that.

Comment by Kay – October 3, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Erm

Comment by Weni Choi – October 3, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!???!!???

Comment by Weni Choi – October 3, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds like Glee is preparing to break up all of its core couples. I just don’t see how viewers can continue to get invested in character pairings, if the writers are just going to jerk them around.

Comment by LadyB – October 3, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Adult relationships! Yeeeeeah

Comment by Weni Choi – October 3, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn Hudson a sissy boy and too pasty. So what to do? Bring on a new hot guy!!! Yeeeeah

Comment by Weni Choi – October 3, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I HATE Finn!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Miss Dragon – October 3, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “You know I will always love you the most.”
    I think that will either be Finn or Rachel…not sure just yet.

Comment by Robin – October 3, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeing Finn unhappy, with Rachel moving on will make my year :D I cant wait!!!

Comment by FinchelForNever – October 3, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whereas seeing a child who was raised to wish misery on others finally understand and aspire to be a compassionate adult would make mine. Maybe Glee should do a PSA.

Comment by Inigo – October 4, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This comment section, just like Glee, is obsessed with Rachel and Kurt. You know there are other, more interesting characters on this show. Not just obnoxious in your face divas. Just saying.

Comment by T – October 3, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finchel break up is gonna hurt like a bitch! but I have faith in them (mostly Finn right now)but they’re the ultimate ENDGAME of Glee so I’ll continue saying #FinchelForever

P.S: now is the time where the other fandom learns from first hand the hell we Finchel fans have been put through for 3 seasons!

Comment by Mafer – October 3, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We know that finchel is splitsville. Its been confirmed that wemma is safe. So only klaine and brittana is left. I would love is neither couple split but i know that wont happen. But they pull a twist amd have them broke break up that will be like a punch in gut. It wont be fair that only wemma gets to be happy this season.

Comment by Jeannie – October 3, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe people are seriously saying, “Blaine cheating makes no sense! That’s so out of character for him. OMG!” People in real life do “out of character” things all the time. Him cheating on Kurt is not that far fetched.

Comment by Tom – October 3, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!

For example, Mercedes cheated on Shane even though she said she didn’t want to be a cheater. Mercedes was the last person I would have ever though to cheat, but she did. you’re completely right about people doing out of character things all the time. ESPECIALLY on Glee.

Comment by ashley – October 3, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must admit to being slightly confused by all the Finchel comments, didn’t Finn break up with Rachel in the last episode of season three? In my eyes they have been done since then, she hasn’t heard from him until her showed up last week.
    Seriously all I want from tomorrow’s episode is a confirmation that this toxic couple are done and let us all move on.
    I know that a certain group of shippers will be unhappy no matter what happens, I would just hope that it doesn’t turn into all out war between fandoms, although based on previous events I think it will just escalate.
    For the record I am a Puckleberry shipper, and there is a couple who never were given a proper chance. Now we are expected to automatically ship this new version of our ship, I really don’t think so, why copy something you never gave a chance before.
    Let the reasons for any of the break up’s be valid and see how each character deals with the fallout. If we all give the writers a chance then we may end up pleasantly surprised.

Comment by carrie – October 3, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m not happy about them breaking finchel up again i’ve had enough i’m a major finchel fan but that’s it im through with glee now until finchel get back together

Comment by noro – October 3, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still riding on the high that Santana is B-A-C-K this episode.

Comment by Lexie – October 3, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I was Blaine, I would cheat on Kurt too tbh.

Comment by daved – October 3, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he’s a butterface

Comment by daved – October 4, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy that Finn is BACK!!!!
    I totally understand Finn and Rachel being apart right now. I think the thing is, we all knew Finn needed to find his true passion and believe in himself, but none of us realized Rachel was just as lost as he is..and I think that’s what the writers are trying to show us right now.
    It’s not just Finn that needs to be alone and figure things out, it’s Rachel too.
    Finally going to see some high quality in this show.

Finchel Forever

Comment by Siren – October 4, 2012 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t want Brittana to break up. They’re my favorite Glee couple. The rest I don’t really care about.

Comment by Kyle – October 4, 2012 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine became annoying after season 2. I was all for Klaine at first but Blaine in season 3 completely ruined that ship for me. And the crazy, obsessive Blarren stans.

Comment by harry – October 4, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Kurt stans are more cray cray.
      And Finchel stans
      Kurt/Finchel stans need to pipe down sometimes.

Comment by daved – October 4, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! Dont break Brittana. They’re my favorite. I hate it when Sam became Santana’s replacement. It doesn’t feel right. I wantz my Brittana on. No hard feelings but honestly, I dont like marley, jake, and kitty. I dont know why I dont like them. It’s weird.

Comment by dhezi – October 4, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly can’t get too upset over any of the relationships ending tonight, since Glee already broke my heart when they broke up Mike and Tina.

(and yes, I know no one else cares about them)

Comment by Liz – October 4, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care which couples break up, as long as one of them is Klaine. They should have been over.

Comment by samuel – October 4, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was so stupid..:[ I can’t believe that would happen with Kurt and Blaine. I just can’t believe it. Blaine isn’t that stupid. Personally, I couldn’t do that to someone. I don’t get how “it didn’t mean anything” fixed it!!! -_-

Comment by Cole Thill – October 29, 2012 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post