Fall TV Preview

Save the Dates: 65 October Premieres & Finales!

And you thought that you were done slogging your way through Fall TV decision-making and DVR prioritization. Ha.

No, October has some treats coming your way, and well before Halloween — though The Walking Dead and the new chapter of American Horror Story surely will set a sufficiently spooky mood soon enough.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on 47 Returning Shows

On the lighter side, the likes of 30 Rock (launching its farewell season), Community and Happy Endings will soon be back to make you laugh, while fresh fare on the horizon includes two of our favorite new dramas, Nashville and Arrow.

In keeping with the whole “circle of life” thing, also be ready to bid farewell to some shows, including Major Crimes, Switched at Birth and Boss. And for good measure, throw in Major League Baseball’s post-season, a few Presidential Debates and a wonderful fellow known as Dr. Horrible.

VIDEO | Spoiler Alert! Talks Up Nashville, Arrow and More of the Fall’s Best New Shows

Here is TVLine’s handy calendar of October dates, plus a cursory look at what November has in store (Browncoats!). New series/specials are in BOLD. Click on the thumbnail below, and save the dates!

Preemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills are never, ever infallible, so if you spot something that is (theoretically) missing, drop a polite note in Comments and I will (possibly) include it in an update.

Comments (37)

• Any news on the start date for The Transporter on Cinemax?

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 1, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TV Line – Love that Calendar – save it to my desktop! Love you guys – You remind me why I used to read TV Guide

Comment by Missy Kelly – October 1, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for this!

Any news on USA’s Psych?
    Thank you!

Comment by Rebecca – October 1, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can almost guarantee you that we will not keep PSYCH’s premiere date a secret once we have it. That’s simply not how we roll.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 1, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you!!!!
        Like everyone else, I’ll just keep waiting for iiiiiiiit!
        Looking forward to any updates!

Comment by Rebecca – October 1, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW shows come back!

Comment by Phil – October 1, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ARROW – only 9 more days…

Comment by Zai – October 1, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for PLLs Halloween episode and for Vampire Diaries,Gossip Girl to return as well as Nashvilles premiere.

Comment by Brandy – October 1, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hart of Dixie’s return too

Comment by Brandy – October 1, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow emily owens is going to premiere late.

Comment by Mick – October 1, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for the CW shows!

Comment by Anonymous – October 1, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Firefly!!! ahhhh <3 <3

Comment by browncoat – October 1, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I was wondering, and hoping, a calender would be created for October.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment by juli – October 1, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Project Runway All Stars starts on the 25th, so when does the current season end?

Comment by Kate – October 1, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The current cycle of PROJECT RUNWAY ends Oct. 18.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 1, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calendar looks great! However, “See Dad Run,” Scott Baio’s new show on Nick@Nite premieres on October 14th at 8:00pm . There is also a Sneak Peak on October 6th at 9:00pm.

Comment by TV Lover – October 1, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My parents watch Justified – I don’t – BUT they are huge fans and I remember at some point you posted the start date for it this fall/winter and now I cannot find it – can someone (or Matt) help me out here so my father stops bothering me about it — thanks oodles

Comment by H.Houston – October 1, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure we’re looking at a February return date for that. Maybe the end of January, but definitely not earlier than that. They barely start production in the next week or two. BTW, you should watch Justified. :)

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 1, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The bummer part is I really don’t like the show it just doesn’t do anything for me. But the ‘Rents love it.

Comment by H.Houston – October 1, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hearing mayyyybe January, probably February.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 1, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you – I will tell them they can start bugging me around Christmas for the start date

Comment by H.Houston – October 1, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Justified is frakkin’ awesome. I’m partial to gunslingers.

Comment by Velvet – October 2, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boss is ending?!

Comment by Teag – October 1, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The League! Score! Community’s return! It’s NOT the opposite of Batman! Oh man, I gotta watch American Horror Story too. Every time I see the trailer for that with the shot of Joseph Fiennes in the evil priest costume, I want to recreate that Jim Rash Community scene where he’s writhing on the floor screaming “Even his shadow!! Even his shadow!!!”

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 1, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL.
      October 19th. Yes. That will be a good day. It’ll be nice to see the “Community” gang again.

Comment by Angela – October 2, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for AFV, Suburgatory, and Touch!!!

I was going to watch Arrow and Hart of Dixie, but my DVR is recording 2 other things at the respective times already. Maybe I’ll catch Arrow online.

Any premiere date for the ReelzChannel miniseries World Without End?

Comment by nick1372 – October 1, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it may have been a mistake by the CW to delay the start of their shows. People will already have their routine for the new shows they watch by the time the CW premieres their new shows. Out of the new ones, probably only Arrow will make it.

Comment by Sg. Grant – October 1, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here is my thought on this issue. This is the CW. They royally effed up the third season of TVD by scheduling it so awfully. I’d rather they start later and have less breaks in between episodes. I wish they would do a 12 episode run then a 10-12 week break over the winter holidays then 12 more episodes then the summer break. I hate the way the CW breaks their shows! Basically, what I’m saying in a very roundabout way, I’d rather they start later and have less breaks than start sooner and include more off weeks.

Comment by Ava – October 2, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Note that the season finale of Hell on Wheels is 2 hours.

Comment by Sg. Grant – October 1, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the calendar. There seems to be a typo in Degrassi: The Next Generation.

Comment by Balaji K – October 1, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ewwwwwww that Jeff and Britta picture is not what I want to see. Why can’t it have been Troy and Britta? :{

Comment by Elle – October 2, 2012 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Coming up in November… LEVERAGE with new episodes on TNT.

Comment by Polska – October 2, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shake It Up returns on October 14 on Disney at 9.

Comment by Ayana – October 2, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • everything is TVD and nothing hurts!

Comment by Emma – October 2, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post