Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Friday Night Lights' Matt Lauria Joins the Braverman Clan!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

Matt Lauria makes his much-anticipated Parenthood debut next Tuesday (NBC, 10/9c), and we have your exclusive first look at the Friday Night Lights grad seamlessly finding his place among the Bravermans.

The following shots — from his second episode, airing Oct. 9 — seem to reveal that the close-knit clan wastes little time welcoming Lauria’s Ryan into the fold. As TVLine first reported, the actor joins the beloved drama’s Season 4 as a soldier formerly stationed in Afghanistan who strikes up an unlikely friendship with fellow war vet Zeek (Craig T. Nelson).

RELATED | Exclusive Parenthood Video: Max Is Dealt a Heartbreaking Setback in His Run For President

Peruse our pics below of Lauria and Co. at Victor’s first baseball game, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements!

Comments (30)

• Oh, I smell a romance with Amber coming.

Comment by mia – September 29, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmmm…I was trying to figure out his part in the scheme of things, other than being someone to get Zeke outside himself…

Comment by Criss Kramer – October 3, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But he’s wearing a wedding band the first time Zeek shows up at his place…

Comment by Erika – October 10, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeahhh Amber get you some!

Comment by Lauren – September 29, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay!! i adored him on FNL.

Comment by rebecca – September 29, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad Gilded Lilys didn’t get picked up, I was looking forward to it.

Comment by Xandra – September 29, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many new faces on this show.

Comment by forwarddad – September 29, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Katims bringing on FNL alums onto Parenthood.

Comment by dryedmangoez – September 29, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is he playing a love interest for Amber?

Comment by ggny – September 29, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn he’s bulked up since FNL. He looks even yummier, if that’s possible!

Comment by Christian – September 29, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d prefer a love interested for Drew over Amber.

Comment by YowzaPowza – September 29, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *interest

Comment by YowzaPowza – September 29, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That girl he was seeing JUST broke his heart. I’m glad for Amber to have someone who looks semi-normal.

Comment by Ari – September 29, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does that have to do with anything?

Comment by YowzaPowza – September 29, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has to do with Parenthood, obviously….

Comment by Olivia – September 29, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was responding to Ari, who responded to my comment that I would rather see him as a love interest for Drew, than Amber. Her response was that girl Drew was seeing just broke his heart, and that she would like for Amber to date someone who looks “semi-normal,” which makes no sense in response to my comment. Because Drew having his heart broken by a girl and Amber dating someone who “looks normal” is irrelevant. Obviously…

Comment by YowzaPowza – September 30, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Getting tired of story lines with Amber having an inappropriate or simply ill-advised work relationship/dalliance. how many times can they go to that well? If the intro of Matt’s character leads to something w/ Amber, at leat it’s a fresh take and could possibly last significantly longer.

Comment by Mr. E – September 30, 2012 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yikes–”least”

Comment by Mr. E – September 30, 2012 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t his character on FNL join the military? Rather fitting that he’s playing a veteran on here. I’d like him with Amber…but I’m not sure they’ll go that direction.

Comment by Robin – September 30, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I’m going to pretend that he is Luke back from war.

Comment by Andie – October 2, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll always remember him as the gay assistant Roy from Lipstick Jungle :)

Comment by Kristienne Opena – October 1, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t watch FNL, I remember Matt from the short-lived (unfortunately) Chicago Code. Loved him on that. Nice to see him on Parenthood.

Comment by Jen – October 1, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m reserving judgement about whether or not he’d be good with Amber, but I do hope it’s not another inappropriate relationship. She still seems so young to me, and I’m only 28. @Jen: Who was he on Chicago Code?

Comment by JessP – October 1, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he was great in FNL. Amber needs a solid relationship right now, hope its him (~:

Comment by linda west – October 1, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My snappy judgement – Sara is trying way to hard to be young. The hat and glasses are terrible!

Comment by gg – October 1, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with the comment about Sara wearing the hat & glasses. I really like Jason Ritter as an actor, but he’s too young for Sara’s character. I’m glad they added Ray Romano as a possible mature love interest for Sara.

Comment by Debba – October 1, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Amber with someone I enjoy looking at.

Comment by Julie Dawn – October 1, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amber needs a good realtionship for once! I also love that Jason Ritter is there too!

Comment by sarah – October 1, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wth is sara wearing? who wears that to a ball game? plus everyone else is wearing “summer looking” clothes and she’g got on a blazer…? Anyways, I really enjoy this show. Great cast!

Comment by Cakins – October 1, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not want to see Jason Ritter get hurt by the relationship btwn ‘Sara’ and Ray Romano.

Comment by Criss Kramer – October 3, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post