TNT Renews Major Crimes for Season 2

Get More: News, Renewals

There will be more Major Crimes for Sharon Raydor to solve, as TNT has renewed The Closer‘s offshoot for Season 2.

RELATED | TNT’s Dallas Adds Walking Dead Alum as New Series Regular — Is She Related to [Spoiler]?

“With Major Crimes, James Duff and his amazing production team have crafted an incredibly entertaining show that not only honors the spirit of The Closer, but also stands alone with its own voice and spirit,” TNT programming boss Michael Wright said in announcing the pick-up. “We look forward to another season of this remarkable new drama.”

RELATED | TNT Renews Perception, Falling Skies, Dallas and Rizzoli & Isles

Major Crimes currently airs Mondays at 9/8c, with the Season 1 finale set to air Oct. 15. The 15-episode Season 2 will premiere in summer 2013.

Tags: ,

Comments (55)

• Not a surprise, but it’s a pretty boring show.

Comment by Lori – September 27, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watch something else then.

Comment by Lesa901 – October 9, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well lesa901. seems like you are aquainted to lori, if you and lori do not like the show, then watch something else. AMC has a lot of reruns of the ‘THE THREE STOOGES’ find one more friend
        with your mentality and you’ll be in good company!!
        Those of us who appreciate a well written script, and talented actors, that can interact with
        ease with the material given them with sincerity, humor and delivery that enhances the plot and
        keeps you involved, is rare. Major Crimes fills all of those requirements, those that do not
        appreciate this, are missing one of the best shows on TV. The only problem I’ve found is
        there are not more episodes to view, and I can’t bring it up constantly On Demand!!.
        Keep it up TNT, you’re the best of a New Breed, there’s not many left that will go out
        and find an awesome script filled with talented actors blending so naturally human.

TNT = do not pay any attention to the nay sayers of your programing line up, they do not know
        of which they spout!!! Your shows have received many avid viewers and I have many
        friends who feel the same way.
        Keep up the great work, I and my many friends will always keep you as our main channel.!!

Comment by sandra – April 17, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hate to be as rude as you are but please learn to spell! I DO watch other shows, seems like The Three Stooges are much more up your alley than mine! I enjoyed The Closer so I gave Major Crimes a shot, I didn’t like it so I won’t watch it anymore! I suggest that you stop watching mediocre t.v. and take some classes!

Comment by suzyku – April 17, 2013 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like MAJOR CRIMES. Raydor & the rest of Cast all do a great job!!!
      It’s not The Closer and I knew that going in to it. I think it’s great like it is. I like that Rusty has stayed with Raydor. It lets us see a more personal side of Raydor. I give the first season a Two Thumbs Up!!!! Looking Forward to many more Seasons!!!!@

Comment by John – April 16, 2013 03:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am NOT liking the new DA> EMMA at all. Give me a frickin break..She is Bitchy,Bossy, Arrogant,Stupid & grossed out by blood..WTF?! I HATE HER & I am not liking the show anymore because of HER.. Sad, because this use to be one of my favorite show…

Comment by shawna tristan (@hummer47bird) – June 21, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are someone who watches the wives of somewhere, and has no idea what a talented show can portray. if this is boring, i’d like to see your dinner parties. as if anyone would attend them!!

Comment by sandra – April 17, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I,for one, enjoy major crimes. it’s great that all tvs have on and off feature for those who do not appreciate a good show, Isabel buttorff

Comment by ISABEL BUTTORFF – April 22, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news. even though I miss Chief Johnson, I’ve come to really like Captain Raydor. Mary McDonnell has been excellent.

Comment by kate – September 27, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i am in love with Major Crimes and I stay up late to catch reruns of The Closer, It’s a win win on both programs.

Comment by Trish – March 26, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not as fun as The Closer,but enjoying it anyway. Good for them :)

Comment by Michelle – September 27, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brenda kinda went off the deep end there last season. I like how Captain Raydor is slowly winning over the respect of the team. Well written.

Comment by Alienate – September 27, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ive enjoy MJ but not as much as The Close. The Rusty storyline is getting too boring..and Sharon needs a life!

Comment by tahina – September 27, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Franklin and Bash dead?

Comment by amanda – September 27, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks, Matt. What about Leverage?

Comment by MoxieSue – September 27, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know how cable works. LEVERAGE is in midseason hiatus, too early for them to call.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 27, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is that a change? I think they renewed Leverage in August last year, despite the hiatus … Good for Major Crimes, though!

Comment by Lily – September 27, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rizzoli & Isles is in midseason hiatus and it was renewed back in June according to Kimberly Roots article from June 29th found here: http://tvline.com/2012/06/29/rizzoli-isles-renewed-season-4/. So why is it TNT has not renewed Leverage?

Comment by Tanjerine – October 2, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m getting use to it because of the original cast. Not crazy about Raydor, but love the story line. Tired of the Rusty character. Really??! This is an adult show, not a recurring kid soap opera. All the crimes are solved in one episode except his. Solve it and get him off! He’s young he can get another job.

Comment by Joy – July 2, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news, I enjoy the show.

Comment by tara – September 27, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No word on Leverage or Franklin & Bash?????? hmmmm

Comment by Missy Kelly – September 27, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic! I agree very much with the quote from the TNT programming boss. It is an excellent show in its own right but totally honors where it came from. Great writing and characters! :)

Comment by Kim R – September 27, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adore this show. I like this news very much.

Comment by Norah – September 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good to me. I liked the Closer more, but this is a good show.

Comment by Justin – September 27, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad they are renewing it. I have grown to really like it, and have found some of the episodes really moving and outstandingly acted.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – September 27, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay…if they renew THIS then they have to renew Leverage and Farnklin & Bash =(

Comment by mac – September 27, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like how you say “this” like Major Crimes blows. I think Franklin & Bash sucks pretty hard, but I’ve managed to keep it to myself.

Comment by kate – September 27, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. Enjoyed the premiere season so far. Hoping for a classic Provenza/Flynn episode though!

Comment by Pat D. – September 27, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too…love them

Comment by Sara – September 27, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m actually not sure if it will ever happen…MC seems to be much darker-themed than the Closer, right now I dont know how they could fit in an episode like the one where P/F chase the two hookers who stole their car, ROFL.

Comment by Pat D. – September 28, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! The show started off slow but the last three episodes have been fantastic! Really well done.

Comment by Allison – September 27, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Franklin & Bash Matt? Have there even been whispers? I love that show.

Comment by catbean – September 27, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very happy to see Franklin & Bash renewed but I think Major Crimes is just kind of mediocre at best. It’s definitely not the Closer!

Comment by Susan K. – September 28, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked The closer but I really like the new Major Crimes. It seems to grow on you. I am so glad they renewed the show. Will be sad to see the last one and have to wait till summer for more

Comment by Shirley Bivens – October 5, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Major Crimes and it’s cast of characters. Happy! it was renewed for a second season.

Comment by Lorrie – October 6, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to Mondays because I love watching Major Crimes. I just can’t wait to see what happens next! Love the Rusty storyline. The team is beginning to respect Capt Raydor more. I’m gonna have a hard time waiting for season 2!

Comment by Lesa901 – October 9, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I look forward to Monday nights because of Bones, Castle and Vegas!

Comment by suzyku – October 9, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to you for that – those are some of my favorite shows also especially on Monday nite

Comment by Wayne Shook – March 16, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Great minds think alike”!!

Comment by suzyku – March 16, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy MC. Like the Rusty story line.
    Mondays won’t be the same until 2013
    Summer schedule

Comment by Claudia leach – October 10, 2012 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I “think” leverage is on the way out, there was a line form the first ep about all things ending,and you look at it they all are making some kinds of “nesting” moves,of course they could just be coming in and have something more to lose.

Comment by Mad Hobbit – October 14, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of the Rusty theme.

Comment by Bill M – November 12, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Closer started slowly as it developed characters and relationships. Major Crimes has great actors, scripts and delivery. I hope it is around for at least 200 episodes.

Comment by Pat Choate – December 1, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Major Crimes is just mediocre at best. And “Captain Radar” always looks like she’s constipated! What is the point of the Rusty character? The black female detective is just plain stupid and annoying so 200 episodes?

Comment by suzyku – December 1, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR SUMMER ON MAJOR CRIMES RETURN?

Comment by ISABEL BUTTORFF – December 30, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does TNT not allow us to watch the shows online? I missed a lot because I did not have a TV till x-mass last year. Most station you can watch all the shows CBS will not let you watch Person Of interest or Mike and Molly. We still get the commercials so what is the big deal? I like what little i saw of Major crimes, and miss Franklin and Bash and oh Leverage .

Comment by Vie – March 8, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am delighted Major Crimes will be coming back – good show, story lines, cast!

Comment by Agnes Mannix Regab – April 2, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeez this show is GAWD awful. Is it me or does this woman have no acting talent at all?

Comment by Bill – June 10, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the Closer, however I hate Major Crimes. Sharyn ruins it for me. She cold, monotone and emotionless. Even when it comes to Rusty, she barely shows any emotion or changes the tone of her voice. Even her line “I dont’ give a damn” is lacking any emotion or feeling.

Comment by sunny – June 11, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do not agree with the negative comments on capt raydor;s demeanor. I feel that she will warm up later. righjt now she is trying to prove herself. the rusty story is a lesson for all parents to contemplate. I, for one, love the entire cast and Major crimes. Isabel Buttorff

Comment by ISABEL BUTTORFF – June 11, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Brenda ever rejoin the cast in any capaity?

Comment by John nCharles – June 25, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why would Brenda want to join Major Crimes storyline? Sharon Rador portrayal is, in my opinion, is right on. Isabelle

Comment by ISABEL BUTTORFF – June 25, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I;m not crazy about DA Ass;t Emma either, Maybe I should give her a chance. Isabelle

Comment by ISABEL BUTTORFF – June 25, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post