Fall TV Preview

The Mentalist Recruits Lost’s Henry Ian Cusick

Henry Ian Cusick is about to play one (potentially) shady brotha.

The Lost alum will join CBS’ The Mentalist for a three-episode arc in its upcoming Season 5, Deadline reports. He’ll play Tommy Volker, a rich thrill-seeker possibly tied to a TV reporter’s murder.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: The Mentalist, Even Amid Trust Issues, Makes a ‘Huge Leap’ in the Red John Hunt

Cusick recently left ABC’s Scandal, where he played an associate of Kerry Washington’s Olivia Pope. He also appeared in Fringe’s 2036-set “Letters of Transit” hour earlier this year and guest-starred in a pair of Law & Order: SVU episodes in 2010. And of course, the actor portrayed Lost’s lonely wanderer Desmond from 2005–2010.

RELATED | Exclusive: Mentalist Brings Back William Forsythe & Samaire Armstrong, Introduces Jane’s [Spoiler]

The Mentalist return to CBS Sunday at 10/9c.

Comments (9)

• But how will he be able to appear on Fringe then?? I was very much hoping we’d see his character again.

Comment by Dom – September 27, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is only on the Mentalist for three episodes. He probably could guest star on Fringe again if they need him.

Comment by CC – September 27, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fringe is only 13 eps….he could show up on Mentalist after.

Comment by Shaun – September 27, 2012 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no intention of watching The Mentalist anymore – I’m so sick of the Red John storyline. Now I’ll have to watch at least 3 episodes, I miss Desmond!!

Comment by Rain – September 27, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lost interest in the Mentalist last season as a must see TV show. I got tired of the Red John storyline as well. And this is a bit picky but Lisbon started getting on my nerves. Unlike Beckett, who is clearly the one in authority compared to Castle, Lisbon is not at all with Jane. It began to irritate me. :) Maybe this season will be better.

Comment by Kim R – September 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any scoop on whether or not he’ll actually appear on Fringe Season 5?

Comment by John DeMayo – September 27, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He will appear….that’s common sense,lol

Comment by Shaun – September 27, 2012 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is he one of the guys for the Lisbon arc that TVG spoke about earlier? I’m so stoked about Lisbon getting her own arc. She’s probs my fave character, besides Jane, on the show, because she’s so loyal, and selfless, and brave. I love how she’s always been there for Jane through it all. I thought it strange he’d be kissing that evil chick in the promo when he has an amazing, good, beautiful woman by his side all this time. Really, Jane? Evil chick who tried to cut off your finger, works for your worst enemy and asked for Lisbon’s head is better than Lisbon? Love Jane but sometimes I think he’s in dire need of a Gibb’s head slap.
    Anyway, thanks a bunch for the Mentalist news. Appreciate it. :)

Comment by Savannah – September 27, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked his character on Scandal and was sorry to see he was going to be on that show.

Comment by Michele – September 27, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post