Glee Recap: Come on, Vogue? [Updated]

sjp gleeAfter three-plus seasons of watching Glee — and its myriad jaunty guest stars — I couldn’t help but wonder: Was it possible for Ryan Murphy & Co. to bring in one more bold-faced guest star who’d fit seamlessly into the fabric of Fox’s high-school musical while bringing it some much-needed dazzle and luster?

Tonight, that answer arrived from behind a rack of clothing, sporting a black, paneled minidress and a killer smile: Sarah Jessica Parker’s Vogue editor Isabelle Klempt rescued the fair Kurt Hummel from a life of serving coffee to beastly high-school cheerleaders and began the process of turning his penchant for “rather…bold clothing choices” into a possible career path.

Meanwhile, THAT FINAL SCENE! Finn arriving at Rachel’s apartment, smack in the middle of Rachel’s first kiss with Brody! I’ll confess two things: First, I have no qualms with the Glee writing team having Finchel explore other options — they’re kids, for cryin’ out loud! But on the other hand, wouldn’t it have been more interesting if Finn had knocked before Brochel (?!) made it physical? For me, it would’ve been a more layered and possibly unpredictable fallout if the show’s central couple was grappling with an emotional betrayal, or rather the seed of infidelity and not an actual sprout. Who’s with me? Also, was this actual infidelity in the wake of that heartbreaking scene in the car in the Season 3 finale?

But let me back up for a moment. In case you were trapped in the Vogue “Couture Vault,” here’s what you missed on Glee:

* Kurt landed himself an internship at Vogue, and while I could easily rail against the preposterousness of a recent high-school grad landing himself this kind of coveted gig based mostly on a portfolio of his homemade outfits, I just can’t bring myself to do it. I mean, with Ugly Betty off the airwaves, why object to any story arc that gives us weekly opportunities for hot fashion montages/she-beast editors/bitchy one-liners? (Side note: Is it too early for an America Ferrera guest spot? Of course not!) (Other side note: J’adored hearing SJP use one of my fave words — “verboten” — in a brainstorming sesh.)

* Turns out, though, that Kurt’s Ohio-born boss was filled with insecurities: She’s an artist, not a manager, and her inability to say “no” has led her to a point where she doesn’t feel like she can tell the difference between a good idea and a crazy one. But wide-eyed Mr. Hummel might be on the brink of reversing her fortunes. His makeover concept video — where he and Isabelle transformed Rachel from country duckling to city swan — scored Isabelle her first “Great” (via email) from an exquisitely succinct Anna Wintour. But Kurt’s work successes came with a price: Porcelain was so busy going to Grey’s Papaya for hot dogs and attaching hideous animal tails to his back belt loop that he completely ignored Blaine’s pleas for help selecting a bowtie for an important McKinley event. (More on that in a moment.)

* Oh, and the subject of that makeover — one Ms. Rachel Berry — began to feel a little more body confidence after rocking an insanely gorgeous tulle wedding gown and ablack dress with the sequined bodice and ruffly skirt (among other fashion confections). A hot rehearsal with suddenly omnipresent Brody led to an impromptu afternoon touring New York City’s Highline (with a momentary hand-hold in the street) which led to Rachel cooking, well, burning dinner for her new guypal, and the aforementioned smooch that he said he wasn’t going to plant. Oh the look of shock on Finn’s face when he saw Brody in repose over Rachel’s shoulder. But does Mr. Hudson have a right to feel hurt? Wasn’t he the one championing the whole “if you love someone, set them free, then don’t respond to their phone calls or emails for two whole months” philosophy?

* Meanwhile, back in Lima, OH, the kids of New Directions were involved in a class-president election subplot that was, in essence, the bland cracker designed solely as a vehicle for future plot developments. (“Who in God’s name gives a wet, hot, steaming dump about student government?” asked Sue, in a message approved by my inner grouch.) Still, the showdown between a bored-without-Kurt Blaine and incumbent repeating senior Brittany — with Sam and Artie as their respective running mates — yielded some innnnteresting developments. Sugar asked Artie on a date (proving his theories about women liking men with power). Brittany and Sam had their second “moment” in two weeks (they really do make sense as a couple, no?). And Sam and Blaine planted the seeds of a beautiful bromance.

* Oh, in case you were wondering, Blaine and Sam prevailed, thanks to the former’s pithy indictment of the Pierce Administration’s first term; the latter’s impromptu striptease (girl, look at that body; Sam works out!); and Brittany’s proposal to outlaw summer vacations and weekends.

* And finally, Mr. Schuester, out of ideas and out of inspiration, decided to apply for a Blue Ribbon Panel to improve arts education. Sue wrote his enthusiastic (if not entirely truthful) letter of recommendation, while Emma offered nothing but support despite the possibility that her man might have to leave Lima for a few months, and delay their nuptials. Will that come back to haunt her?

And with that, let’s recount the episode’s best zingers:

* “Unexpected leather should be in the back pages of the Village Voice.” –Kurt, reacting to a fruitless Vogue pitch meeting

* “Filipino: They’re very hard workers and family is important to them.” –Brittany, in response to the question “What’s your favorite color?”

* “Lose the bowtie: It makes you look uptight, or like a young Orville Redenbacher.” –Blaine, offering solid (and long overdue) fashion advice to Blaine

* Becky refusing to hype the announcement of the election results with a “xylophone flourish”

* “They prefer to lay their eggs in couture!” –Isabelle, explaining her long absence from NYC movie theaters

* “I thought you said you were straight.” –Rachel, reacting to Brody’s confession that he used to be a huge fan of Ace of Base

Before I hand things off to you, let me also grade this week’s musical numbers:

“Everybody Wants to Rule the World”: B+
“Celebrity Skin”: C
“The Way You Look Tonight”/’You’re Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile”: A-
“A Change Would Do You Good”: C+

What was your favorite musical number from “Makeover”? Were you thrilled with the arrival of SJP? And how about that final kiss? Compelling? Disgusting? Confusing? All of the above? Take our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Leanne says:

I just want Finn back and I do not like this new Rachel! Why is she changing so quickly? Also can Brody just leave now he is so creepy!

2. Fan says:

I’m so glad Finn’s back! Can’t wait for more of him next week :) I actually liked Brody in this episode.

3. Edie says:

I don’t like this new Rachel one bit! Especially the clothes because it feels like I am just watching Lea and it brings me out of the show! Also can Brody just leave now.

4. Helen says:

Sam/Brittany don’t make sense as a couple AT ALL. It’s just gross. Gross and disrespectful to Brittana fandom. It’s like Bartie 2.0 for us again. They both need someone who will develop them, and complement them. After Samcedes and Brittana, Sam/Britt romantic relationship is the degradation for them. They are too similar and will not be able to grow. Not to mention the fact that it looks like incest between children. They may be friends, to play together in the sandbox and go out with the compass, but for the relationship they need someone more real. Just my opinion

5. Love says:

Rachel’s awesome. She’s fun, she’s cheeky, she’s sexy… and she still does things like randomly practice songs just in case. She’s strong and assertive and is ready to experience life and I love it! I hope she makes some female NYADA friends as well. And I hope psychotic and obviously young and inexperienced “shippers” don’t keep the writers from moving forward with her. Change is good. i haven’t been this invested with her character since early season 2.

6. Ti says:

Wow. According to a lot of commenters here tonight, people should never grow-up and therefore change. Because change is bad and goes against true nature. And because when you’re 18 (as Rachel, Finn and the other graduates are) you already know who you are, what you want from life and what your taste is going to be… Forever. Right.

7. I’m so done with Lima’s storyline, boring. I’m interested in what happens in NYC and the new hookups. I also love SJP. I never really liked Finn, he’s kinda fragile, and I’m not in love with his voice and he had his time, it’s a high school romance, they could get married after a high school reunion when everyone’s made it.

8. NoToBram says:

NO, Sam and Brittany don’t make sense as a couple. They look like siblings. Oh, and i do believe she already has a girlfriend she’s in love with.

9. Gabi says:

SJP <3
    that's all I want to say :)

10. jl says:

So….. Mr Shue is leaving McKinley for a new job? I’m guessing Finn takes over leading the glee club during Mr Shue’s absence. That’s a way of bringing Finn back in the choir room.

11. Jake says:

What is shocking about the ending? And really Finn broke up with Rachel and actually refused to talk to her– so not sure why he should be shocked

12. I seem to be enjoying Glee this season until they start singing – that’s when I feel it gets a bit iffy. The songs just aren’t really cohesive to some interesting stories. In regards to Finchel, I think that Finn let her go at the end of last season, and the fact that she has gone to somewhere new, where she has been out of her comfort zone, unable to get in touch with someone she was engaged to, and is feeling isolated in her school means that she will ultimately reach out. I think for me, this is the most realistic part of Rachel’s story so far – when people go on to college, they change as people. You grow up. You realise your perspective on things is totally different. That’s what Rachel did in this episode – she grew into her style, into her budding romance with Brody, and became more confident in a school where her confidence has been shot to pieces. I think the Rachel/Brody story is a great one, because ultimately it will lead Rachel to see whether she truly loved and wanted to be with Finn forever, or if it was a high school relationship that is only “true love” when unburdened by the experience of life and other relationships.

13. Elyse says:

Team Brody <3 i love him.

14. teamfinchel says:

i will always love rachel, but right now i’m mad.but mostly on the writers. i hate glee. But so happy that finn is back!!

15. SimonL says:

Anyone else feeling underwhelmed by the music this season?

16. DCwriter says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t see this great transformation in Rachel? Once again, I feel like this is the writers saying the characters are one way while they actually are another. Meaning, so this insecure, teased girl is the same one who did the Britney number in dance class? Um, no. And I hated the message that it’s all about beauty–whether beauty leads to a better internal self or vice versa.

This episode was so rambling and wandering and I just didn’t care for it. Brittany is fine in small doses, but she can’t carry the show; I can get behind the Lima/Columbus connection b/t Kurt and SJP, but it is so naive and stupid to have him getting into the “inner circle” this quickly–this is what every 16-year-old THINKS will happen when they move to NYC.

17. Jake says:

I am starving for some Quinn. Get her back on the screen.

18. Tati says:

What bothers me is that in episode 1 she said Finn was still his boyfriend, if she had that in mind, then why would you kiss another guy? plus loving someone and making out with another one is consider cheating, you are not faithful to you or the person you say you love. Its funny when people complained that Rachel changed while she was Finn but now she is a whole new person, if they continue keeping rachel like that, people are not going to see her as a good role model, they are basically selling sex with Brody and Rachel, I dont think that relationship will go any further, just look at the way he stares at her, he is just attracted physically, and I wouldnt be surprised is Brody just wants sex with Rachel and thats all.
    Also I gotta say that Cory’17 secs scenes was better that Dean’s acting in the 3 episodes, I dont hate dean, not hate enough to send him threats on his twitter account, but I do think he is an arrogant.
    I miss Finchel, and I think they need some time apart, but they need to be ALONE, that’s the only way they will grow up for good. I also believe they are endgame, a love like that you dont forget soo easily I truly broke my heart to see Rachel kissing Brody but the worst part was to see the hurt feelings in Cory/Finn’s eyes after seeing that the love of his life may have forgotten him soo fast.
    Rachel truly disappointed me, I dont hate her but Im not a Rache fan anymore. Thats not the kind of role model I was looking for. Sorry
    #TeamFinn

19. Karen says:

Is it weird my first thought after the episode ended, was how hot Cory Monteith looked? And it might be equally weird that I’m rooting for both Rachel and Brody as well as Finchel?
    And as much as I liked Brittana, I’m loving Sam and Brittany. I really hope they go there.
    I think the couple I’m rooting for most next week is Klaine, even though it seemes very much like Kurt suddenly had too much of a life to still have a place for Blaine.
    Even though I do miss some of the old cast members, I’m actually really loving this new way of doing things, and I’m loving the new cast members so far. This is starting to look like the best season since season 1

• Kay says:

Karen – I agree with you. I was hoping that kurt and Blaine would be able to make the long-distance relationship work, but it seems like Kurt is forgetting about Blaine and ignoring him – and I was afraid he would do that. He got too caught up in his new life that he forgets his friends and the person he is supposed to love. I just hope they work through this and get back to the way they were. But that may be wishful thinking on my part. I’m glad Blaine has Sam for support – I think he will be a good friend for Blaine.

• mark says:

i wrote this already but enough with this kurt was a dick. he’s not. je rejected one call you are making a big deal out of NOTHING. he was busy. and it’s true that when you go to another city you get catched up with new things. all the other characters are like that. rachel with finn, santana with brittany i wonder why you are taking all this on kurt?? it’s a little hyprocrial. kurt is a good guy and he got nothing but bad things last season, he’s finally doing something for himself. he deserve it. as i sad in the secondpage i’m sure he called blaine the day after or something. wer just didn’t see the scene. it’s not a war like blaine is better than kurt. is not. they both did mistakes. they’re both human and they’re not perfect. kurt is not a saint and neither is blaine or ANY other couple. i like kurt, and i like blaine. i’m not taking sides because i would have done the same as kurt. maybe they are breaking up. maybe not., they surely will work out things because they always did, it’s a cute couple and the public loves them. ryan hinted in a few comments they are endgame so calm DOWN.

20. Andrea says:

I’m obviously in the minority, but I like Brody and Rachel. And Finn broke up with her…. I have no doubt that Finn and Rachel will eventually get back together but it’s good character growth for her to be with someone else.

• Don’t worry Andrea, there are actually many people who really like Brody and Rachel together too. I think it’s a learning experience, for Rachel to start dating in college. Sure, she’ll probably end up with Finn in the end, but at least she can explore her options outside of Lima instead of being stuck with Finn for the rest of her life without any experience.

21. April says:

The character of Finn was destroyed without the possibility of redemption for me last season. I’m hoping Rachel kicks him hard to the curb next week. Not totally sold on Brody, but he didn’t dump her at a train station and then ignore her for months, soooo… Go Rachel!

22. Sierra says:

I think its time they stop focusing on Rachel and her life and shift the plotlines towards Mercedees, Santana, Mike, Puck or even Quinn. At least their college life will be more intresting and besides I’d love to see Santana’s face if Sam & Brittany start dating. Meanwhile welcome back Finn :)

23. ggny says:

So its looks like Finn takes over as director of ND for Shue…Which is AWESOME

24. Sara says:

This was just a really sub-par episode of Glee. I’m liking the new guy, however, we all know that Finchel is end game. Additionally the music was just not up to the usual standards. Was I the only one hating the arrangement of “A Change Would Do You Good”?

• Kay says:

I did not like “A Change Would Do You Good” either. The running through the streets looked stupid and I did not care for the arrangement. The only songs I liked were Blaine’s and Kurt, Rachel and SJP’s.

25. TD says:

Brody feels so prop-like to me – a pretty, shiny object that prevents Rachel from seeing straight. Their connection is purely physical, the chemistry feels forced, even artificial, and that outdoor NYC montage was way too cheesy, I’m sorry but what was with the ice cream? It’s getting a bit ridiculous. They are ruining Rachel – I’m all for her reinventing herself, but not losing herself. It’s like the writers want her to wear a Neon sign that screams Sex! Sex! Sex! The provocative numbers with Brody are so blatant, and it seems to be the only thing folks can point to in terms of chemistry. But, sit these two down and have them talk to one another, and it comes off as awkward. And, I’m not sure if it’s the way Dean is playing Brody or if his character is just written this way, but he’s coming across as a very shady character, and I can’t seem to feel any type of empathy for him. When he talked about getting his first make-over, even that felt disingenuous. There was NO emotion in the delivery of the line. Rachel’s been at NYADA a few months now, and I don’t have a clue about her artistic development, because I’ve been blinded by this ridiculous sexual character assassination.

26. Jermey says:

worst episode yet.

27. debbie says:

First I am finchel fan. I don’t understand why people are upset with Rachel. Finn broke up with her last season so she could be free. So she didn’t cheat on him. But Brody and Rachel look to enforced.

28. Michele says:

I LOVE Glee this season. It needed a change up. My 15 year old and her friend shrieked at the end!! I loved it, our entire building must have heard them.

29. beej says:

WAYYY too many characters in this show now. NONE of them are entertaining to me any more. I don’t care about a single one of them. Simply put, the graduating class should have said goodbye and the show moved on, keeping it fresh.

Bringing in other stars like SJP and Kate Hudson just seems so desperate.

Jumped.
    The.
    Shark.

30. beatrizmcd says:

I have a question… Does anybody who watches this show actually enjoy it? At all? All of the discussion boards are filled with soooo much hate and it’s just soooo freaking tiresome and boring!

31. Wiredream says:

No song with Kurt’s shrill vocals should ever get an A-. Ever.
    Oh, yeah. This episode was terrible. Terrible.

32. Gleekthang says:

The reason I hate finchel is because the fandom. Nuff said.
    Btw, hope people will watch glee more today. You havent see the whole season, so dont judge the show by the first 3 episodes. I’m extremely sure this season will be better than s3. Although, yes. The writers are comedian, but we need more comedy. I thnk Zach Woodle should be a writer bcs the cast say that he’s the jokester. Or clown.

33. Marina says:

Sorry for my English, I’m from Spain.
    Well, I love Ryan but seriously? Brittany CAN’T be with Sam if that’s what he wants to do, really, I like Sam, with Quinn, with Marley will be ok, and even with Blaine, but not with Brittany, she’s only she when Santana is around, no Samttany or something like that. And will be good Rachel with other guy who’s not Finn. About Sugar and Artie.. I like that, and Tina, hello, where is she? We need her, we need Tike. I don’t know..is that supposed to be a TV show about Finchel? no, from the first day is a TV show with a star, Rachel, and now we need to see how her life is going, without her parents, without the support of McKinley, we need to see the new Rachel, not the Rachel that said she’s only happy if Finn was with her. Oh my, really? That new guy is hot, and the song they did together was AMAZING, the photos, everything was amazing.

34. teamo says:

I am so much more invested in the NYC plot than anything going on over at Mckinley. The scene with Kurt Rachel and SJP dancing to The Way You Look Tonight/Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile was absolutely genius. Love the whole Kurt SJP Vogue aspect as well. GREAT EPISODE!

35. anon says:

Does anyone else think some of the kids on the Glee Project have more charisma and are far more interesting than most of the new roles on Glee? I could see Charlie or Michael in the role of Jake; Shanna or Lily in the role of Kitty; and Aylin or Nellie in the role of Marley.

36. Randy says:

Thought the whole episode was boring. I may be in the minority, but I wish the show was about the original cast instead of the high school. I would rather keep up with Santana and Quinn instead of Puck 2.0, The new characters are dull and the Glee Project winners are unwatchable. Sugar is a 1 note poor man’s version of Brittany. Never was a fan of Kurt, but i like New York Kurt. Following the original cast would make Glee interesting again. Like watching a new show.

37. Caro says:

I love Finn and Rachel together but Finn treated Rachel horribly! Instead of telling her that he had concerns about their wedding he takes her to the train station, tells her he joined the Army and dumps her without once asking Rachel what she wanted to do. Then Finn proceeds to ignore her for two months – no phone calls, emails, letters – NADA. So, why shouldn’t Rachel develop an interest in someone else? I want Rachel with Finn but Brody was there when Rachel was struggling to fit in at NYADA and Finn had never given any indication that he would be there again! Finn is great but he is in the wrong here!

38. CultureVulture says:

People they changed SJP’s name to Isabelle Wright! Not that hard

39. Dee says:

Michael, loved your nod to SATC – “I couldn’t help but wonder”!

40. dude says:

I’m going to say that Celebrity Skin was my favourite number just cause that’s the best song they chose last night. The music wasn’t great tonight. “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” was probably the best performed song. I didn’t think Brittany/Sam did THAT bad a job. I’d give them a B- or at least a C+.

41. Sandrine says:

It was 1998 all over again and I was watching SJP as Carrie Bradshaw on season 1 of SATC but wait, Carrie is singing?! Oh Sarah, how I’ve missed thee gracing my tv screen. I couldn’t even begin to put into words, how happy I am that I got to see Sarah on tv again. I’m beyond ecstatic and that number wasn’t too shabby either.

42. NotSoGleekyAnymore says:

Last night’s episode of ‘Glee’ was a complete INSULT to anyone
    who has ever tried to break into the magazine or fashion industry.

Even with all the connections and experience in the world — it would be
    next to impossible to land a job that amazing (especially confessing
    that “in four years” you’d hope to remain there “part-time”).

Even if a person actually followed the proper procedures and channels —
    they could not even get an internship at ‘Better Guns & Ammo’ as easily
    as ‘Glee’ so FALSELY portrayed Kurt Hummel “somehow” managing to do.

And worst of all — the audience is expected to IGNORE the FACT that Kurt
    is supposed to be a 3-month’s prior HIGH-SCHOOL grad who was on the
    wait-list to get into his local OHIO community-college — and, yet, without a
    college-degree (ex. fashion merchandising, fashion design, magazine copy,
    etc) or even a single college-credit — our young 18-year old kid, who hails
    from some small town located “in the sticks” of Ohio (the “fashion capital
    of the world” — oh wait, I’m sorry, just like everyone else on the planet —
    I keep mistaking Lima, Ohio for being Paris, France … my apologies) as
    he simply email’s “various pix of his ebay-purchased and hand-made outfits”
    (or as they referred to it on the show, his online “resume” … give me break).
    Glee failed it’s fans in it’s handling of stroylines ranging in everything from
    domestic-violence to outed-athletes … and now it insists on insulting it’s fans
    — in making it appear that a person can fail their audition TWICE — yet STILL
    get accepted into NYADA (while the one who had nailed the audition in flying
    colors, is rejected); that a high-school senior would apply to only ONE college;
    and that a person can move to NYC — get a large apartment — and within days
    to weeks of their arrival, manage to get what would be THE MOST COVETED
    internship in the world of fashion or magazines via emailing pictures of outfits.
    What a pathetic portrayal of life after high school.
    In the media world the term “jumping the shark” is used when a television program
    has run out of steam and creative ideas — and — in a last-ditch effort to maintain
    it’s fan-base — decides to throw in one totally-preposterous storyline.
    It seems to me that the ‘Glee’ has clearly managed to “jump the shark”
    with the ridiculous Vogue-internship storyline of the ‘Makeover’ episode.
    — and by doing so — may have managed to strike the final nail in it’s coffin.

43. Ana says:

Glee has changed. The characters are evolving. That’s because they are older now. People can’t expect them to act the same for perpetuity. I like the new tone of Glee. It feels more grounded, solid, mature. And I absolutely adored Sarah Jessica Parker and I’m not a Sex in the City fan but I think she was adorable and she has the sweetest voice. My only complaint about the season is that Fox decided to switch it to Thursdays opposite Grey’s Anatomy. So now I can’t watch Glee live. And I’m one that does not like the Rachel or Finn characters AT ALL. Never liked either one of them. But this season I’ve enjoyed Rachel. Maybe because she’s more controlled and not in every scene. We’ll see how it goes next week after Finn’s return. And I hope that Kurt chooses fashion. I think that would be more glamorous and suitable for him.

44. .
    The ‘Makeover’ episode of ‘Glee’ was a complete INSULT to anyone
    who has ever tried to break into the magazine or fashion industry.

Even with all the connections and experience in the world — it would be
    next to impossible to land a job that amazing (especially after having
    confessed that “in four years” you’d hope to remain there “part-time”).

Even if a person actually followed the proper procedures and channels — they
    could not even get an internship at ‘Better Guns & Ammo’ as easily as ‘Glee’
    so FALSELY portrayed Kurt Hummel “somehow” managing to do at ‘Vogue’.

And worst of all — the audience is expected to IGNORE the FACT that Kurt
    is supposed to be a 3-month’s prior HIGH-SCHOOL grad who was on the
    wait-list to get into his local OHIO community-college — and, yet, without a
    college-degree (ex. fashion merchandising, fashion design, magazine copy,
    etc) or even a single college-credit — our young 18-year old kid, who hails
    from some small town located “in the sticks” of Ohio (the “fashion capital
    of the world” — oh wait, I’m sorry, just like everyone else on the planet —
    I keep mistaking Lima, Ohio for being Paris, France … my apologies) as
    he simply email’s “various pix of his ebay-purchased and hand-made outfits”
    (or as they referred to it on the show, his online “resume” … give me break).
    Glee failed it’s fans in it’s handling of storylines ranging in everything from
    domestic-violence to outed-athletes … and now it insists on insulting it’s fans
    — in making it appear that a person can fail their audition TWICE — yet STILL
    get accepted into NYADA (while the one who had nailed the audition in flying
    colors, is rejected); that a high-school senior would apply to only ONE
    college; and that a person can move to NYC — get a large apartment
    — and within days to weeks of their arrival, manage to get what
    would be THE MOST COVETED internship in the world
    of fashion or magazines via emailing pictures of outfits.
    What a pathetic portrayal of life after high school.
    In the media world the term “jumping the shark” is used when
    a television program has run out of steam and creative ideas
    — and — in a last-ditch effort to maintain it’s fan-base —
    decides to throw in one totally-preposterous storyline.
    It seems to me that the ‘Glee’ has clearly managed to “jump the shark”
    with the ridiculous Vogue-internship storyline of the ‘Makeover’ episode.
    — and by doing so — may have managed to strike the final nail in it’s coffin.

45. Laurie says:

There was no cheating. As far as I’m concerned they broke up in the season finale last year. When there has been no communication for months (and this isn’t something you arranged or agreed to) you’re free to move on. Finn has no right to be upset at Rachel moving forward with her life, when she had no idea what he was thinking or even doing. I’m happy to see her move forward. They have a lot of growing up to do. If Finn and Rachel grow up a bit and decide to be together fine, but I’m happy Rachel isn’t putting her life on hold waiting for a guy to decide what they will do. She’s free to date or be single, either is fine with me, I’m just glad she may finally be moving forward.

46. lady says:

Really enjoyed this episode. I like the NYC storylines.

47. Kick says:

Would it not have made more sense had Burt Hummel made a phone call to one of his Congress buddies to facilitate Kurt either getting into NYADA or scoring this internship? Perhaps this will be revealed later and Burt/Kurt having a moment of discussion?

I am waiting for Finn to realize that his role should be to be a high school teacher and one day be a Glee Club “coach” as we’ll…

After Beiste’s and Puck’s nice onscreen moments last year, why not have had Puck stay in Lima and working as an assistant football coach where she can mentor him?

One day I foresee the kids all getting together for a Broadway premiere.. Rachel the star, Kurt doing costumes, Artie directing, Mike as choreographer, etc etc… And Finn bringing the Glee Club to come and see the show….

48. nope. says:

w t f. no NO THEY DO NOT MAKE SENSE AS A COUPLE. NO ONE MAKES SENSE AS A COUPLE BESIDES SANTANA AND BRITTANY.

just saying.

49. andrefc says:

I don’t know what’s coming this season, but so far it has been SO GREAT!! I really loved makeover. Glee just feels like a whole new series, and I love it! I know that a lot of people aren’t exactly in love with this season, that it has been too much of a change in all characters, but they are not in high school anymore. People really change when they go to college and I’m really enjoying this new, improved and more confident Rachel. I just think she grew up. About Finchel, I don’t want them to end up together, they could just stay friends.. I mean, most relationships end after high school and I actually think it would be amazing if rachel ended up with brody. One more thing, Brittany and Sam yeah (love Santana, but still)!

50. Sm says:

On zap2it the final ratings have come in. Glee came in third but with a big drop of viewers. Some of the critics thought is was boring, too. I sure did.