Blind Item: The Grim Reaper's About to Claim the Life of a Beloved Leading Lady!

UPDATE: BLIND ITEM SOLVED! You know how hard you usually work to identify the subject of our blind items? You may not wanna do that today, because once you figure out who this one’s about, you’re probably not gonna like it!

You see, a longish-running (more than four seasons but fewer than nine), 60-minute series is gearing up to bump off one of its lead female stars. Even more upsetting, the soon-to-be-deceased is going to meet her maker off screen. (Her “last” episode will take place at her funeral. Closed-casket, even!)

RELATED | X-Rated Blind Item Revealed!

That the actress in question is on her way out won’t come entirely as a shock, mind you — for a while, the writing’s been on the wall, if not on her character’s tombstone. But, since you won’t get a chance to say a proper, sorta in-person goodbye, it’s highly likely there will be a bit of backlash.

So, do you dare wager a guess as to whom is about to become roadkill? Hit the comments below.

1. Amanda Gamache says:

Here’s hoping it’s Serena on GG

2. Gabriella says:

someone on gossip girl? I doubt it’s Blair, but possibly Serena.. she was beloved once??

3. Carla says:

Betcha it’s Grey’s or Private Practice — something sneaky and mean like this has Shonda Rimes written all over it. I stopped watching Private Practice long ago, though and I barely watch Grey’s anymore because Shonda is so manipulative — plus, after awhile, the homocidal maniacs shooting up the hospital and car crashes and plane crashes get to be completely over the top and unbelievable. That much doesn’t happen to these few people. i mean, their bodies would be beaten to death by now — these same people have been shot, thrown through windshields, drowned (Meredith), and most recently thrown from a plane as it crashed. C’mon.

4. jenn says:

Another website said a female charecter is going to die on fringe

• Bear75 says:

I thought it might have been referring to Sybil on Downtown but reading it again, it can’t be that as the cars only go about 10 miles an hour! Plus, she takes her final bow after *spoiler*. I keep seeing Fringe come up but the cars seem to be abandoned on the side of the road in 2036… (thank god for no more obvious Ford adverts…!) Dexter and True Blood would be good places to hedge a bet as most people end up popping their clogs but killing off a main character without a blaze of glorious blood splatter isn’t really their style… I thought it might have something to do with the Jennifer Esposito announcement last wk but that’s too young… Then I thought maybe Kristina gets so tired after her chemo in Parenthood that she takes her swan song with her car off a bridge? Flummoxed… :/ x

5. carolinagirl says:

So when can we expect the big reveal???

6. aiza11 says:

It’s really sad. Lost her, found her and lost her again :(

7. JennyS says:

I think it’s going to be Deb from Dexter because a couple of scenes have foreshadowed it:

-The conversation between Deb and Dexter about Trinity. Dexter admits that Rita died because he had the chance to kill Trinity and let him live.

-The same thing is happening all over again in season 7: He has the opportunity to kill Hannah and doesn’t and this is going to put Deb’s life in danger.

-When Hannah McKay poisoned Sal Price, she was hoping he died while driving, making it look like he died in a car accident.

-Michael said this would be her “last” episode, meaning she could come back in some form later on. So Deb could come back in season 8 has one of Dexter’s hallucinations.

8. If it’s being revealed today, it’s gotta be Olivia? O_O

• Ryan says:

Or Astrid – even if she’s not a “lead” (she’s definitely a supporting character but she’s been in every episode and she’s a key member of the team so she could be said to be a lead). I don’t think they’d kill off Olivia halfway through the final season but it definitely sounds like “Fringe” to kill a character off-screen (alt!Lincoln, anybody?). And it just seems fitting to take her out of the equation in order to isolate Peter/Olivia/Walter even more and to continue to break their spirits.

• John says:

Or Nina…she’s been gone a while and she’s old now.

9. Mrs. Fillion says:

If it’s Kate from Castle I’ll kill myself, I swear (not that I think Andrew would do that to us, anyway).

10. Lana Winters, nuff said.

11. Ryan says:

Since it’s being revealed today, it’s safe to assume that the show in question airs tonight as well. Basically, it has to be “Fringe.” Fewer than nine seasons eliminates “CSI: New York” (the show is on its ninth season) and more than four season eliminates “Nikita” (which is in its third). The rest of the shows airing tonight are either 30 minute shows or are freshman/sophomore shows. I might be forgetting a show, though. Is anything on cable tonight?

12. Todd Everett says:

How long has Blue Bloods been on the air?

13. Tommy says:

I’m guessing Gemma from Sons of Anarchy

14. Jennifer Nelson says:

OK, so the gravestone part of the clue got me thinking…what about Maura Isles on Rizzoli and Isles? It’s kind of insane since half the show is named for her but there’s that grave in that cemetery with her name on it……

15. That’s was a good wrap up, and I’m glad we didn’t have to wait until it aired.

16. carolinagirl says:

Whew!! I called it right! So glad it is not Olivia from Fringe. It just made sense to me that it would be Claudia Joy. I know it will be heartwrenching to watch the first episode of the season but the writing was on the wall.

17. joterri says:

Kim
    delany

18. Lisa says:

Blair or surena on GG.

19. Alrisha says:

Blue Blood’s Jenifer Esposito. They tried hard to ripe her character so no surprisse it is her.

20. miranda says:

Christina from Parenthood. She’s fighting cancer on the show and I just feel like they’re gonna kill her off.