Blind Item: The Grim Reaper's About to Claim the Life of a Beloved Leading Lady!

Get More: Blind Item, News

UPDATE: BLIND ITEM SOLVED! You know how hard you usually work to identify the subject of our blind items? You may not wanna do that today, because once you figure out who this one’s about, you’re probably not gonna like it!

You see, a longish-running (more than four seasons but fewer than nine), 60-minute series is gearing up to bump off one of its lead female stars. Even more upsetting, the soon-to-be-deceased is going to meet her maker off screen. (Her “last” episode will take place at her funeral. Closed-casket, even!)

RELATED | X-Rated Blind Item Revealed!

That the actress in question is on her way out won’t come entirely as a shock, mind you — for a while, the writing’s been on the wall, if not on her character’s tombstone. But, since you won’t get a chance to say a proper, sorta in-person goodbye, it’s highly likely there will be a bit of backlash.

So, do you dare wager a guess as to whom is about to become roadkill? Hit the comments below.

Tags:

Comments (502)

• It’s so obvious who it is. It’s Claudia Joy on “Army Wives”. She missed plenty of episodes in sixth season and won’t appear in seventh thus dying off screen in car crash. Such an easy BI.

Comment by Jinjeon – September 27, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not that easy at all. Army Wives hasn’t even begun to re-negotiate new contracts with any cast members, let alone started writing ANYTHING for the new season. It’s definitely not Army Wives.

Comment by Maria – September 27, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • sorry, I disagree. Think it is definitely Kim Delaney. This way we can finally dispense with all the unbelievable excuses for her absence. It has been unfair to the rest of the cast. Good decision!

Comment by Apolonia – September 27, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice (Addison) was the first to pop in my mind, since we all know she is leaving anyway.

Comment by Rob – September 27, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It can’t be deb. Apparently two important characters are gonna die this season but it seems that Deb will be present all season(from the spoiler we have) and this article says that the character will die very soon in the season.
    I don’t think it’s Addison, why would she give her a son and a new guy to kill her?And besides Addison can’t die early in the season because she’s the main character on PP…

Comment by celine – September 27, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it is a network show (and not a cable network), only these shows are in their 5th=8th seasons (Grey’s Anatomy is in it’s 9th and he said less than 9):

• Supernatural (2006–present) (The WB, 2005–2006)
    • Gossip Girl (2007–present)
    • 90210 (2008–present)
    • The Mentalist (2008–present)
    Criminal Minds (2005–present)
    Private Practice (2007–present)

Comment by mike – September 27, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would rule out Criminal Minds from the hints he gives. No one on the show have been “on the wall”, or whose exit would be in a car accident off the screen. Also, Tripplehorn just joined, AJ Cook is contracted till the end of the season. Not sure about Kristen Vangrness, but she wouldn’t fit the hints, either. Garcia’s everywhere.

Private Practice don’t fit the hints, either. All of the female characters have been prominent since last season. They’ve all been having strong stories and major screen time. So, I don’t see how they’d fit “on the wall” and why they’d been killed “off screen”, as Shonda loves a good “crushed by a plane” drama.

I don’t watch Supernatural regularly, but as far as I know, it doesn’t really have a female lead.

I’m really thinking it’s cable, from the “60 minute” hint, as most network dramas run for 42 minutes.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also Bones (on season 8)

Comment by Isaac – September 27, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your forgetting Bones (Season 8) and Castle (Season 5)

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 28, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bones and Castle are both one-lead shows. They have one lead female and one lead male. The others are supporting actresses! They’re both lo nead-no show cases.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 28, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison on Private Practice

Comment by J2565 – September 27, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t think anyone on greys anatomy because they just did a plane crash would they really want to throw a car accident on top of that? It’s too much drama, to unbelievable. So I would say Army Wives maybe but that whole show has gotten ridiculous. A new tragedy every episode and its suddenly forgotten about in the next.

Comment by Chris – September 27, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia Dunhum from Fringe?

Comment by RA – September 27, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, I consider her the only female lead on the show and the article said one of the female leads and besides Olivia is supposed to have her happy ending and we know she’ll be there for the entire season.
      It has to be a female lead that can be written off early in the season and who has other female leads.

Comment by celine – September 27, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG!!! Astrid???

Comment by DarkDefender – September 30, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the criteria, it should be one of these:

Castle
    Dexter
    Mad Men
    Private Practice
    Fringe
    Army Wives

Comment by Nat – September 27, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it’ll be Castle,Bones,Fringe, or Psych, as they only have one leading female character each(although I don’t know if Juliet can be considered a lead) and it says here “bump off one of its lead female stars”.

Comment by TM – September 27, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t know about Psych, I’ve never watched it (I think it is the same?), but pretty sure you can rule out Bones, Castle and Fringe, especially because they only have one lead, AND they haven’t been “on the wall” about leaving. They have strong storylines that are always there.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bones has 3 female main characters (Brennan, Angela, and Cam), but I still can’t see any of them being killed off

Comment by Isaac – September 27, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Angela and Cam are not leading ladies, they are supporting characters.

Comment by TM – September 27, 2012 12:41 PM PDT
    • don’t think its Psych or Bones. Psych tends to lean more to comedy then drama. Yes it is considered both but it still leans more towards comedy. James Roday the star is one of the producer and is dating Maggie Lawson one of the two lead females and why would they kill off Chief Vick. My bet is its Army Wives even though I don’t watch the show

Comment by Ian – September 27, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • producers*

Comment by ian5world – September 27, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It can’t be True Blood, have they even started breaking their new season yet? Besides, who dies of a car crash on True Blood?

Comment by Emily – September 27, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nobody dies off camera on True Blood!! :)

Comment by DarkDefender – September 30, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Automatically the clue 60 minutes tells me its a cable drama. Which one i don’t know but something tells me its Mad Men for some reason.

Comment by greysfan – September 27, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, to me the clue 60 minutes leads me to believe it is a drama on CBS. But I don’t really watch anything on CBS, so I have no idea who it could be.

Comment by Meg – September 27, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pretty sure it’s not, Criminal Minds is the only CBS drama that long, and the Criminal Minds ladies don’t fit the criteria…

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the good wife but I don’t know who the characters are

Comment by hru – October 15, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, I’m pretty sure it’s cable as well.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She won’t kill addison. it will be the same thing as killing Meredith off of Greys it doesn’t accomplish anything. And say what you want about Shonda she kills for the story no for sake of pointless killing. Addison will probably leave the practice to work somewhere off in the wild and enjoy being a mother. Its not gonna be Serena either only because gossip girl is not that kind of a show (Georgina maybe). Its going to be unrealistic but I’m hoping its annie on 90210.

Comment by david – September 27, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let it be Serena…please let it be Serena…please let it be Serena…

Comment by Jessica Desrocher – September 27, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It isn’t. It says they die off screen. GG is already filming episode 8 out of 10 and Blake Lively is still very much there so…

Comment by Em – September 27, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice. They’re killing off XTina. :x

Comment by andrew rogers (@sublymonal) – September 27, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is obviously Kim Delaney on Army Wives. “Even more upsetting, the soon-to-be-deceased is going to meet her maker off screen, in a car accident. (Her “last” episode will take place at her funeral. Closed-casket, even!)” – It is an actress that is not returning to the show hence why it will happen off screen. It has been announced Kim is not returning. If this was Addison on Private Practice, the car crash would happen on screen.

Comment by Beth – September 27, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Army Wives hasn’t even begun to re-negotiate new contracts with any cast members, let alone started writing ANYTHING for the new season. It’s definitely not Army Wives.

Comment by Maria – September 27, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually from a few days ago after deadline reports that Kim Delaney’s might not returning here’s what was said on this very site.

Question: I’m ecstatic Lifetime has renewed Army Wives, but what’s going on with Kim Delaney? Will she be part of the new season? —Diana

Ausiello: If she is, I hear it will be an a limited capacity. The actress doesn’t have a Season 7 deal in place and word is, she’s unlikely to return as a series regular. A source close to the show, however, insists no final decisions have been made — and they most likely won’t be until closer to the start of production later this year.

Comment by Chanel – September 28, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • last time i checked Olivia is the only female leading star -one of its lead female stars-the item says (unless georgina now counts as leading or Jasika counts too)so i count fringe OFF – besides they killed olivia in s3 with close caskett and she was back anyways not to mention they usually kill olivia with bullets in the head so car accident is too NOT fringe way to die especially for Olivia

Comment by shawhs – September 27, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You area king the case for it to be Astrid.. I’d say not many more Beloved a character exists on TV (save for Walter)..

Comment by DarkDefender – September 30, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first guess was Gemma or Tara on Sons of Anarchy, but I can’t imagine either of their deaths off-screen.

Comment by Katherine – September 27, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it IS Private Practice, altho NOT Addison. The show has been teasing a second-episode shocker, with Addison receiving “a phone call that changes everything” and the title of the third episode is “Good Grief” and part of the description is “Addison attempts to mourn in private.” Maybe Amelia?

Comment by PFitzDC – September 27, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That phone calls she receives is probably Derek or someone from seattle telling her that Mark died…But I can see Amelia dying.

Comment by celine – September 27, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I think the call she gets will be Mark dying, now that it’s been confirmed!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 28, 2012 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amelia’s safely in Addison’s house during the phone call — I mean, she’s in the episode pictures for that episode.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, Caterina tweeted she was filming on September 24th. That episode has got to have been filmed before that :)

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The call must be about Mark. You don’t even need the Grey’s premiere to air to smell that.

Amelia is very much safe and sound. She’s still there in the 6×03 promo pics.

Comment by Y – September 29, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Skyler from Breaking Bad. The writing kind of is on the wall for her character.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 27, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m into this. Although I don’t know if she’s beloved, and she’s basically the only female lead, and I’m not sure I’d call her an actual lead.

Comment by Juice – September 27, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And Vince Gilligan would never cop out with an off screen death for a main character.

Comment by Erin – September 29, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It saddens me to assume Kim Delaney aka Claudia Joy on Army Wives, but that’s my guess. “…for awhile, the writing’s been on the wall, if not on her character’s tombstone.” The character always has some kind of medical crisis. Not going to be happy if it’s her. And really, a car accident? She already survived one of those.

Comment by Molly – September 27, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Winona on Justified? OH, wait. You said “beloved”. Never mind :P But she could die at birth :)

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “60 minutes series” -> that’s a cable show
    “more than four seasons but fewer than nine” -> Army Wives

Comment by lily – September 27, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, crap. No. Not Amy Pond. Please no. The current run of Doctor Who is technically a separate production from the original show and they even refer to seasons/series as one through seven. Aagh. It’s her, I know it. If she truly does die, the backlash will make Donna’s exit seem like a red shirt death. I just hope, if I’m right, that this car accident death is after she and Rory got mad stinking old long after retiring from TARDIS adventures.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 27, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t see Steven Moffat pulling something like that, to be honest. I don’t think it’s Amy.

Comment by Summer – September 27, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While there is nothing in the clue to effectively eliminate Amy Pond from consideration, I just can’t see them doing that on Doctor Who. It would be a helluva twist though…so until we see for sure on Saturday I wouldn’t count it out entirely, but I don’t think it will be her.

Comment by CJ – September 27, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It can’t b amy as she dies as a result of the weeping angels

Comment by kerin stevanovic – September 28, 2012 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe it will be Camille Braverman (Bonnie Bedelia) who is the mother of the Braverman clan on Parenthood. She has not been prominent in the writing for a awhile. They have featured shows outlining the fathers heart issues, but nothing really concerning Camille. Since there are so many main actors on the show, I could see them dropping a big name due to budget restrictions. Also, it would be another major event to deal with in the Braverman world.

Comment by Night Shadow – September 27, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was afraid at first it would be someone from Parenthood, but it is only on its fourth season, so it’s out of consideration for this blind item. It has to be a show on its 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th season.

Comment by CJ – September 27, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *sharp intake of breath* I’m pretty sure it ISN’T anyone on Castle, even though there are a few female cast members, not very many would be considered “leads” on that show.

I don’t know ANY of the other shows mentioned, and that’s good I think, because I haven’t invested so heavily in those other shows like I’ve invested myself emotionally on Castle and the new Dallas (which is AWESOME, BTW).

Comment by BJ Wanlund – September 27, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wont be Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice or Gossip Girl because of all the previous spoilers we have had. So it has to be another show.

Comment by Remy – September 27, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as it is not Arizona, and it isn’t based on the clue, I’m ok with anyone else. Selfish, I know.

Comment by Ana – September 27, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Claudia Joy on Army Wives. She has not been around much lately.

Comment by Pam – September 27, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It could be Mrs, Westen, Sharon Gless

Comment by Dusan – September 27, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought, or maybe even Fiona.

Comment by Josh – September 27, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not Fiona, the show would become pointless…

Comment by Dusan – September 27, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I admit, my fear is that it is one of the Burn Notice ladies.

Comment by Lexie – September 29, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sookie on True Blood

Comment by will i was – September 27, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I think Gemma is a good candidate, I don’t see her going out like that. Gemma seen like the type to go out guns blazing. When I first read the blind item, the first name that popped in my head was Bailey from Grey’s. There has not been a lot of news about her lately and Shondra love to screw with people’s heads. And the 9th season has not started yet so…

Comment by Tasha – September 27, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • unpopular opinion but very fitting guess, good job!!!

Comment by emma – September 27, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it is on network, I’ll rule out Supernatural, because they don’t match the female lead. I’ll rule out Castle and Bones because they have only one leading female. I’ll rule out Private Practice and 90210 – the one just had an off-screen death and the other just had a car crash. I doubt it would be on CBS, which leaves one of GG or Fringe. They both enter the final season and I think that Fringe will have Wolter killed, but Astrid is the closest second there. And GG is a teen drama so everyone will live happily ever after there.

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – September 27, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, even Butcher Shonda isn’t as stupid to do two off screen deaths, especially when there seems to be no motive for it: all female actresses have been engaged in the plotlines, have been strong in the show…

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 27, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Theresa Lisbon or Olivia Dunham. Odds are it’s Olivia.

Comment by Bea – September 27, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please dont even say that – you scare me.
      But I think they both don’t fit because they are kind of “the” leading ladies on their shows. Plus Bruno Heller talked about a multi-episode arc for Lisbon, so that doesnt fit. And they woudn’t kill her off anyway-would ruin Jane and therefore the whole show!

Comment by JJ (@jj_flower) – September 27, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no one mentioned good wife…..christine?

Comment by m – September 27, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 3 seasons, soooo…no.

Comment by Dusan – September 27, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Claudia Joy from Army Wives. Maybe that’s who Michael is getting a phone call from saying his wife was in a car accident and NOT anything about the aircraft.

Comment by Linda – September 27, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kim Delaney (Army Wives)

Comment by Jessica – September 27, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read something about “Jenny’s Memorial Service” about GG. I hope it’s not her.
    The only reason it’s not her it’s because she is not “leading lady”.

Comment by Aljosa Mudri – September 27, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You didn’t read the part where it said that was a “foiled”, plus Jenny’s not on the show anymore,hasn’t been for a season or two(two episodes in season four).

Comment by Brandy – September 27, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like an actress is being problematic and they need to get rid of her. My guess is someone on 90210

Comment by hello – September 27, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For everyone that thinks hour-long broadcast shows are 42-44 minutes because of the commercials–hour-long cable shows tend to have even more commercials.

That said, I hope it’s not Sharon Gless on Burn Notice–not that I think it would be since they need to resolve her dilemma . . . but I really hope it’s not her.

Comment by verver – September 27, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch all shows without commercials. Network sows go 42-44, cable (showtime, HBO and FX) go up to 55 sometimes. Watched Homeland today and it was 55 minutes, no commercials.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – October 2, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The blind item doesn’t fit Addison on Private Practice. It suggests if you just watch the show (not follow the media) that you could see the character’s departure coming. Nothing suggests Addison is leaving Private Practice on the show. She adopted a baby and Jake is moving in with her. Kate tweeted she will be in all 13 episodes and in a interview there will be a “all Addison” episode. Unless you follow the media, you wouldn’t be able to tell she was leaving. It has to be someone who has been missing from a lot of episodes/less screen time.

Comment by bellasara – September 27, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! I can attest that no one in PP, Castle (which have been ruled out for being ABC), Bones, or Criminal Minds fit that criterion! All ladies have been all over like always!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – October 2, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh, and haven’t Shonda Rhimes killed enough people already

Comment by hello – September 27, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know whom but l can tell you l am loving these snarky sarcastic remarks about Shonda”

Comment by Cindy – September 27, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paget Brewster from Criminal Minds. She already left and faked her death and came back again only to leave again (“the writing’s been on the wall, if not on her character’s tombstone”) and since it’s an off-screen death and closed casket, Paget probably didn’t film anything. I don’t know why Private Practice’s Addison would have a closed-casket off-screen death when she’ll still be very much a part of her final season.

Comment by Kalee – September 27, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreeing with you and add to it her alias Lauren Reynolds died in a car accident (fake) Sadly this is the end of Prentiss off screen of course! And hopefully CBS’s End of Brinkmanship directed at her. Dancing on her grave…. If I hadn’t read the tweet @CBS [Nina Tasslers Glass/Tea- House] did send her on 9/26/12, which now is ominous deleted, I wouldn’t knew 100%. Heck, I should have taken a screenshot or retweeted this ‘cold-war-show’.

Comment by JayH. – September 29, 2012 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s no longer a lead lady or part of the cast. She’s officially out of the show!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – October 2, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blair from Gossip Girl. For her, death would be a better fate than life with Chuck Bass.

Comment by JBS – September 27, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Betty or Megan doesn’t survive this season of Mad Men. Megan was eying that balcony during this season.

Comment by Josh – September 27, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The answer you are looking for is: Audra McDonald, Private Practice

Comment by MacTheMovieguy – September 27, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is interesting. This could lead to Addison’s exit. She could take baby Henry and move back to New York to adopt Betsy.

Comment by Sara – September 27, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Interesting guess. I wouldn’t say she’d qualify as “one of the leading ladies” though, seeing that she has left the show as a regular for over a year.

Comment by Y – September 29, 2012 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well we can at least eliminate Supernatural! :P

Comment by GLuisa88 – September 27, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A lot of guesses for Army Wives.But 1.Have they started writing or filming season seven yet?I think since AW is a summer show, they wouldn’t start filming til winter.But it sounds like the epiosode in the bi is already written & filmed.
    2.Would they’ve written KD out just in case she didn’t return before they knew for sure she wasn’t or before it was public she wasn’t coming back unless they kept it a secret for quite a while?

Comment by Brandy – September 27, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A close second for me would be January Jones (Mad Men). However, if this spoiler was less specific, and more generic, I would expect Chevy Chase to get this treatment since he’s continuing to bad mouth the show he’s on.

Comment by John Clayton – September 27, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are 4 shows I can think of that fit in the parameters that could easily have spoilers leaked. I’m not counting shows like Mad Men where I know that kind of info could never get released or shows that aren’t really on my radar like any of those NCIS or CSI shows. So the 4 shows I can think of are Private Practice, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, and Breaking Bad. Someone mentioned above even though it’s known Kate Walsh is leaving Private Practice, Shonda said the character won’t be killed off. I guess I have to trust that, even though I don’t really trust Shonda. So cross that off. Sons of Anarchy…yeah, I could totally see them killing off Gemma. They’ve stated we’ll lose characters (plural) that we’re going to miss this season and Katey does that have new pilot she’s going to do. Plus it seems like a Gemma death is something that’s been foreordained on that show. It would make sense for such a spoiler to come out because we’re in the middle of the season now. Seems like kind of a crappy way to kill her off though. It doesn’t really feel like Sutter would do that, so I’m not convinced. Now that Deb knows about Dexter, she’s either going to have to keep his secret the rest of her life or spill it, and I’m not sure she’s the sort of person that can keep that in long term. Is the handwriting on the wall with her though? I’m not sure about that. It seems like a Deb death would come out of left field and would they really kill her off in such a lame way? Now for Breaking Bad…seems somewhat likely Skyler could get killed off, everyone has been waiting for it, but the show is so far off from starting production, would a decision like that even have been made and leaked at this early point? Would Gill kill her in such a lame way? My choices don’t feel great. I think it’s either Private Practice and Shonda is lying, or else it’s going to be a show I don’t watch.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – September 27, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, Brittabot. I dunno what it is, but everyone seems to be picturing a car accident as a less than spectacular, humdrum kind of death. Add a little Michael Bay to your imagination. Remember the bus crash on House? Walter White running over the rival drug dealers. Michael Britten’s (the guy from Awake) life splitting into alternate universes. Connor on Rescue Me. The school bus on Veronica Mars. Lex Luthor knocking Clark off the bridge. The blood on David McNorris’ car after a drunken blackout. There’s been so many spectacular accidents and wrecks on TV that I would be surprised if there ever was a year of TV that did not have any.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 27, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best choices would be Claudia Joy from Army Wives because the phone call and possible plane crash set up several possibilities for those who may no return; the second would be Gemma from SOA because Kurt wants her to star in his other show but leave it so that his lady can return if the new show didn’t work or for future SOA story lines.

Comment by Alt – September 27, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Christina on Greys?

Comment by AngellaW – September 27, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post