The CW Renews Breaking Pointe and Oh Sit!

Get More: News, Renewals

Breaking Pointe Season 2Do a joyful jete and then grab a seat – quickly – because we’ve got some good news: The CW has ordered new seasons of its series Breaking Pointe and Oh Sit!

Breaking Pointe, a docu-series about Salt Lake City’s Ballet West company, wrapped its six-episode first season in July. Oh Sit!, a high-pressure game show based on musical chairs, will air its freshman-season finale on Wednesday, Oct. 3.

RELATEDOh Sit! Has The CW Made You Curious About Its Extreme Musical Chairs Show?

The network will announce premiere dates for both series’ new seasons at a later date.

Comments (36)

• Well, I’m glad about Breaking Pointe, though very surprised.

Comment by ginger – September 26, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very surprised/excited by Breaking Pointe, I quite enjoyed that show!

Comment by Carrie – September 26, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Sit! deserves renewal. Their ratings in the summer were the same as fall/spring shows. Breaking Pointe is a shocker renewal.

Comment by lll – September 26, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fans of BP voted every opportunity we had to get a second season. We worked almost as hard as the dancers did to get another season.

Comment by Marilyn Semer – November 19, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really not all that shocked about Breaking Pointe. I imagine it was VERY cheap to produce, and if they’re gonna just do 6 episodes like last time, sure why not…

Comment by George – September 26, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I LOVE Breaking Pointe!

Comment by Muriel – September 26, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see BP was renewed. I’m hoping they get 12 weeks. Maybe this time we’ll see a gay dancer get some airtime!

Comment by zakspeak – September 26, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Sit is just terrible.

Comment by dude – September 26, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy about BP though kinda surprised cause its ratings we’re terrible even for CW,even for cheap reality/”filler”summer show.OhSit is horrible but it was one of the highest rated summer shows(besides ANTM).

Comment by Brandy – September 26, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited Breaking Pointe is coming back!!!! :D

Comment by Ashley – September 26, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok now just renew The LA Complex….

Comment by tvaddict – September 26, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed 100%

Comment by Fabe – September 26, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize this is a Canadian production right?CW just picked it up I believe.

Comment by Shaun – September 26, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Breaking Pointe, so I’m really happy about it’s renewal but I was wondering, will they stick with the same ballet company or will they want to try something different?

Comment by Neptunia – September 26, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So HAPPY that Breaking Pointe is renewed and they got 10 episodes this time!!!

Comment by MoRiDe – September 26, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where does it say or where did you hear it got 10 episodes?

Comment by Brandy – September 26, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My daughter is Allison!!

Comment by MoRiDe – September 26, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow!!! She’s great! Love ballet and love the show. I am an adult ballet student so I appreciate what goes into this. My daughter has worked with Peter Anastos as a child dancer in one of his ballets. I wonder if they might feature Ballet Idaho too. So, so glad it will be back!!!!

Comment by Lisa – October 27, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I love reading comments from fans of Breaking Pointe. Not sure about going to Idaho, that is something that the cast would have to answer. Good luck to you and your daughter and keep watching.

Comment by MoRiDe – October 27, 2012 07:32 PM PDT
        • Love Allison. She’s beautiful and has such grace.

Comment by Marilyn Semer – November 19, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love Allison. I hope that she and Rex get together. I think that Rex is a great guy!!!!

Comment by Henry – January 8, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked BP. Hopefully they focus less on that hopeless relationship though and more on the ballet. It was a nice little show and it’s great that we’ll get to see more from the cast :)

Comment by kavyn – September 26, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Pointe season 2 is the best news of the day! Very well deserved! That is how an actual reality show is made/done.

Comment by Jared – September 26, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If these two shows were renewed, there’s a good chance The LA Complex will too?

Comment by Mandy – September 26, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really glad they are doing a second season. Excellent.!

Comment by Miki- Mikal Casalino – September 26, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy about Breaking Pointe! Although I would rather it be all in the summer, too much television on right now for it to compete. Will it stick with the Salt Lake City company or move to a different one?

Comment by Brit – September 26, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised by Breaking Pointe, but glad. Though hoping there’s less focus on the relationship drama next time around, because the rest was so much more interesting.

Comment by Tee – September 27, 2012 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I think BBC world wide is sticking with Ballet West. Not sure if other ballet companies would even be interested in doing the production because it is such a huge project…Lots of dedication was involved in the first season and the choice is based off of companies that are most interested in doing the show. Because Ballet is such a exclusive and rigorous art it makes it hard to follow on camera. Large ballet companies even if they had some people interested in doing the show would not agree on doing the show as a whole because of how intrusive it is. I for one was a huge promoter of the show from the beginning (I’m Rex) because for Ballet West, this show would be very helpful. Salt Lake has such a great history in the arts and the world should know about it. I learned about this history coming here from San Diego which is lacking a solid ballet company. Hopefully season 2 will include more dancing and show the audience how talented Ballet West really is. Good luck to the other shows and hopefully the CW gains something from them.

Peace,

Rex

Comment by Rex Lajos Tilton (@RexLajos) – October 10, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You guys are great! My daughter was in a ballet choreographed by Peter Anastos so it was cool to see him on tv. I’ve been an adult student for 7 years so I’m well aware of the effort you all put forth every day. I loved watching all of you!! Hope Katie’s doing well in Idaho.

Comment by Lisa – October 27, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rex: you are a superstar. I hope you get promoted soon. I also hope Allison realizes what a great guy you are!!!!

Comment by Henry – January 8, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed Breaking Pointe, though I admit I too was very surprised that they got another season. It felt like a filler show from the very beginning, and I know the ratings didn’t do well. But as a dancer myself, I greatly respect the time and effort going into productions of many kinds. I look forward to seeing the second season and what changed they make (if any) to try to boost the ratings and show more of the company and the performances.

Comment by kittie20020 – October 23, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy and excited that Breaking Pointe is going to be doing another season. I loved that show and was very disappointed when the series ended. I am a former ballet dancer and I can so relate to what the dancers are going through. Being a professional dancer is rough but also very rewarding. I was so sorry to see katie leave……. she is such a sweetheart and i felt so bad when she didn’t get a contract. I hope things are going well for her in Idaho. Can’t wait for the new season to begin!

Comment by Judi Prasse – November 20, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE Breaking Pointe! So glad to hear another season to come!!

Comment by Jennifer Turner – December 13, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One way they can boost ratings is to actually promote the show. I never saw one ad for it, and only just found it on my Uverse online library. I’ll be sure to set the DVR for the next season. I’m a former pro ballet dancer, so it has been so great to see our art finally get some attention in mainstream TV. Between this show, Bun heads, and Dance Academy out of Australia it has lit a fire under my 40 yr old behind to get back in to class. It’s nice to reconnect with my past through this show, so thanks to the producers and the cast. Hang in there and thank you for opening up your lives to America to see.

Comment by EmmaLane – February 28, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand how Breaking Pointe got a second season, it’s so utterly boring. The cast are either insufferable egotists or painfully insecure, it’s just the same people going on about the same stuff over and over.
    Just goes to show ballet dancers are captivating on stage but off stage the obsessive nature of dance leaves them terribly dull people.

Comment by Amanda Lane – April 24, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post