The CW Renews Breaking Pointe and Oh Sit!

Breaking Pointe Season 2Do a joyful jete and then grab a seat – quickly – because we’ve got some good news: The CW has ordered new seasons of its series Breaking Pointe and Oh Sit!

Breaking Pointe, a docu-series about Salt Lake City’s Ballet West company, wrapped its six-episode first season in July. Oh Sit!, a high-pressure game show based on musical chairs, will air its freshman-season finale on Wednesday, Oct. 3.

RELATEDOh Sit! Has The CW Made You Curious About Its Extreme Musical Chairs Show?

The network will announce premiere dates for both series’ new seasons at a later date.

1. ginger says:

Well, I’m glad about Breaking Pointe, though very surprised.

2. Carrie says:

Very surprised/excited by Breaking Pointe, I quite enjoyed that show!

3. lll says:

Oh Sit! deserves renewal. Their ratings in the summer were the same as fall/spring shows. Breaking Pointe is a shocker renewal.

• Marilyn Semer says:

The fans of BP voted every opportunity we had to get a second season. We worked almost as hard as the dancers did to get another season.

4. George says:

I’m really not all that shocked about Breaking Pointe. I imagine it was VERY cheap to produce, and if they’re gonna just do 6 episodes like last time, sure why not…

5. Muriel says:

Yes! I LOVE Breaking Pointe!

6. zakspeak says:

Glad to see BP was renewed. I’m hoping they get 12 weeks. Maybe this time we’ll see a gay dancer get some airtime!

7. dude says:

Oh Sit is just terrible.

8. Brandy says:

Happy about BP though kinda surprised cause its ratings we’re terrible even for CW,even for cheap reality/”filler”summer show.OhSit is horrible but it was one of the highest rated summer shows(besides ANTM).

9. Ashley says:

So excited Breaking Pointe is coming back!!!! :D

10. tvaddict says:

Ok now just renew The LA Complex….

11. Neptunia says:

I loved Breaking Pointe, so I’m really happy about it’s renewal but I was wondering, will they stick with the same ballet company or will they want to try something different?

12. MoRiDe says:

So HAPPY that Breaking Pointe is renewed and they got 10 episodes this time!!!

• Brandy says:

Where does it say or where did you hear it got 10 episodes?

• MoRiDe says:

My daughter is Allison!!

• Lisa says:

Wow!!! She’s great! Love ballet and love the show. I am an adult ballet student so I appreciate what goes into this. My daughter has worked with Peter Anastos as a child dancer in one of his ballets. I wonder if they might feature Ballet Idaho too. So, so glad it will be back!!!!

• MoRiDe says:

I love reading comments from fans of Breaking Pointe. Not sure about going to Idaho, that is something that the cast would have to answer. Good luck to you and your daughter and keep watching.

• Marilyn Semer says:

Love Allison. She’s beautiful and has such grace.

• Henry says:

I love Allison. I hope that she and Rex get together. I think that Rex is a great guy!!!!

13. kavyn says:

I liked BP. Hopefully they focus less on that hopeless relationship though and more on the ballet. It was a nice little show and it’s great that we’ll get to see more from the cast :)

14. Jared says:

Breaking Pointe season 2 is the best news of the day! Very well deserved! That is how an actual reality show is made/done.

15. Mandy says:

If these two shows were renewed, there’s a good chance The LA Complex will too?

16. really glad they are doing a second season. Excellent.!

17. Brit says:

Very happy about Breaking Pointe! Although I would rather it be all in the summer, too much television on right now for it to compete. Will it stick with the Salt Lake City company or move to a different one?

18. Tee says:

Surprised by Breaking Pointe, but glad. Though hoping there’s less focus on the relationship drama next time around, because the rest was so much more interesting.

19. Well I think BBC world wide is sticking with Ballet West. Not sure if other ballet companies would even be interested in doing the production because it is such a huge project…Lots of dedication was involved in the first season and the choice is based off of companies that are most interested in doing the show. Because Ballet is such a exclusive and rigorous art it makes it hard to follow on camera. Large ballet companies even if they had some people interested in doing the show would not agree on doing the show as a whole because of how intrusive it is. I for one was a huge promoter of the show from the beginning (I’m Rex) because for Ballet West, this show would be very helpful. Salt Lake has such a great history in the arts and the world should know about it. I learned about this history coming here from San Diego which is lacking a solid ballet company. Hopefully season 2 will include more dancing and show the audience how talented Ballet West really is. Good luck to the other shows and hopefully the CW gains something from them.

Peace,

Rex

• Lisa says:

You guys are great! My daughter was in a ballet choreographed by Peter Anastos so it was cool to see him on tv. I’ve been an adult student for 7 years so I’m well aware of the effort you all put forth every day. I loved watching all of you!! Hope Katie’s doing well in Idaho.

• Henry says:

Rex: you are a superstar. I hope you get promoted soon. I also hope Allison realizes what a great guy you are!!!!

20. kittie20020 says:

I enjoyed Breaking Pointe, though I admit I too was very surprised that they got another season. It felt like a filler show from the very beginning, and I know the ratings didn’t do well. But as a dancer myself, I greatly respect the time and effort going into productions of many kinds. I look forward to seeing the second season and what changed they make (if any) to try to boost the ratings and show more of the company and the performances.

21. Judi Prasse says:

Happy and excited that Breaking Pointe is going to be doing another season. I loved that show and was very disappointed when the series ended. I am a former ballet dancer and I can so relate to what the dancers are going through. Being a professional dancer is rough but also very rewarding. I was so sorry to see katie leave……. she is such a sweetheart and i felt so bad when she didn’t get a contract. I hope things are going well for her in Idaho. Can’t wait for the new season to begin!

22. Jennifer Turner says:

LOVE Breaking Pointe! So glad to hear another season to come!!

23. EmmaLane says:

One way they can boost ratings is to actually promote the show. I never saw one ad for it, and only just found it on my Uverse online library. I’ll be sure to set the DVR for the next season. I’m a former pro ballet dancer, so it has been so great to see our art finally get some attention in mainstream TV. Between this show, Bun heads, and Dance Academy out of Australia it has lit a fire under my 40 yr old behind to get back in to class. It’s nice to reconnect with my past through this show, so thanks to the producers and the cast. Hang in there and thank you for opening up your lives to America to see.

24. Amanda Lane says:

I don’t understand how Breaking Pointe got a second season, it’s so utterly boring. The cast are either insufferable egotists or painfully insecure, it’s just the same people going on about the same stuff over and over.
    Just goes to show ballet dancers are captivating on stage but off stage the obsessive nature of dance leaves them terribly dull people.