Dancing With The Stars Week 1 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

bristol palin mark ballas dwtsEveryone deserves a second chance in life, right? I’m a sucker for that brand of sentimentality, so reeling me in for an All-Stars-themed Season 15 of Dancing With the Stars – featuring a “who’s who” of 13 former competitors returning for another shot at Mirrorball glory – was a no-brainer. Bring. It. On.

The glittering cavalcade of fleet-footed faves – ranging from resplendent former champs such as Drew Lachey, Apolo Anton Ohno and Shawn Johnson to bitter erstwhile runners-up like Kirstie Alley, Gilles Marini and Joey Fatone – lit up the ballroom in Monday night’s packed season opener, leaving me exhilarated albeit a tad overwhelmed. How to keep up with them all?

Maybe that’s why tonight’s first live, two-hour results show came as a bit of a welcome relief; let’s start whittling down the pack, shall we? But before the moment of truth, we were treated (or tortured?) by the usual DWTS suspects: non-stop interviews (does ever-charming Tom Bergeron deserve that new Emmy or what?), cutesy behind-the-scenes sound bites, and performances by the DWTS Troupe and special guests Justin Beiber and Pitbull.

All too often in tonight’s dance-light/chatter-heavy (40-plus minutes passed before cranky judge Len had uttered a peep!) show, the minutes seemed to pass like hours, perhaps best summed up by anxiety-riddled Joey Fatone’s quote (overheard by a horrified Kirstie Alley) that kicked off the second hour: “I don’t know whether to throw up, pee, fart, puke…”

Well said, Joey! But without further adieu, here’s the real moment of truth — tonight’s results:

FINAL THREE COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya
Pamela Anderson and Tristan MacManus
Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas

FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya
Pamela Anderson and Tristan MacManus

ELIMINATED
Pamela Anderson and Tristan MacManus

“I was ready for it, for sure, we got the lowest score,” said a gracious Anderson of being the first All Star to see her Mirrorball trophy dreams dashed. “But we’ll keep dancing, we’re gonna dance together again, it doesn’t end here.” As Tom reminded us, see you later in the season, Pamela!

And with that, it’s your turn. Which couple should have really gone home tonight? Did the Biebs’ appearance make or break this week’s show? Who’s your early favorite for new (or repeat) DWTS glory? Sound off in the comments! –Mitch Rustad

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Dancing With The Stars, Reality TV, Recaps

1. m says:

She was the correct one to go home.
    She did look like she put any effort into the routine that she did last night.
    Each time she was on the screen she was not smiling. It was like she did not want to be there.

2. Laquisha says:

The funniest moment was when Sabrina and Louis thought they were called safe and then they weren’t. How embarrassing!! But to be fair, Tom did say “all” instead of “both”. And then they were called safe anyway lol.

3. lovingadam1031 says:

Yes I think Pamela and her partner should have been eliminated.

4. Kim says:

Poor Tristan. Will he ever get paired with someone that has a chance of winning?

5. of course the right person went home. Pamela just doesn’t have it anymore!! She needs to get it threw her head that she not young anymore she is now old!!

6. Stacie says:

She was the one to go, based on the judges comments and her comments it seems that she didn’t put as much effort in as others. Not sure why she wouldn’t given that she was the only one not to get extremely far on their season. I guess the big shocker was Drew Lachey in Bottom 3. But with those weird 1/2 points and the scores being so close it really is based on fan support and it’s been awhile since he was on the show. He was a little stiff, so hopefully he sticks around and loosens up.

• Martin Lee says:

I think Pamela has her mind (what little there is) on her new Broadway career, not DWTS. Poor Tristan was very diplomatic in his comments about working with what you have and trying to get good scores. I bet he is glad it’s over for this season.

7. Tom Charles says:

Well if it can’t be Bristol Palin, then Pamela Anderson leaving is a good thing

• JenInChicago says:

I agree. Bristol needs to be next.

• Frank says:

Unlike her mother who is “ultra-competitive to a fault”, I think Bristol is a genuinely nice person, unlike her overlt aggressive mom, but Bristol’s shyness has not done her any favors when preping her for DWTS! I felt sorry for Pamela Anderson and I likewise felt sorry for Bristol Palin, too!

8. Choose to be a Moose says:

It’s 8:22 on the west coast. I gave up on the results show because it was so boring. If I were to review it I would give it an ‘F.’

9. Angela says:

I wanted Bristol to leave just ’cause I want the Palins in general to go away already (and ’cause, while I don’t care about Pamela Anderson, I do like her partner, Tristan, and wanted him to stick around longer). But she was, overall, the weakest and so I guess it makes sense she’s gone.

10. Isabelle says:

I voted for Pamela and Tristan, they were fun together and there’s many others I would’ve liked to see go home instead of them first. I hope to see Tristan back for all the pro dances on Tuesdays.

11. JAO says:

No, Cat Deeley deserved the Emmy.

12. Yursare says:

I hate being the grammar nazi, but without further ado, not without further adieu.

13. Kim R says:

Okay, there is not need for a 2 hour results show! For Pete’s sake! Other than that, Pamela was the clear choice. She doesn’t have the same level of dancing skill for sure but also there isn’t a lot of likability there. I was surprised that Drew was #2 though.

14. ceebee says:

Not surprised that Drew was in the bottom…he wasn’t very good on the 1st show (poor choreography)…and I have never thought the voters were “warm” to Anna…he would have a much better shot if he had been paired with Edtya…can’t wait for the Bristol Brat to be Booted!!

15. curly says:

Can someone please explain to me what Justin Bieber was wearing???? I was not surprised to see Pamela go, felt sorry for her cute partner. I still remember when Pamela looked sweet and fresh as the Tool Time girl…I guess you cant turn back time.

16. Robin says:

Yes sorry Pam, you needed to go home. This show was to be a battle of the best. I would like the show to eventually be the trophy winners battling it out. I however always feel sorry for the pros when their stars gets eliminated. Even though sometimes the pros mess up with the choreographing.

17. AngD says:

Right person went home, but why was the results show 2 hours. The 1st hour there wasn’t even any dancing. I only recorded it because I thought there was going to be a 2nd dance.

18. G says:

Yes the right person went home based on the first round dances. I would have like to have seen them stick around and do better the second week, but the first week dance didn’t warrent it.

Can not stand the Biebs so was very happy to have the FF button. As far as I’m concerned any of the singers that are brought on that don’t make use of the pro-dancers get the same treatment, and I would have even suffered through listening to Bieber if the pros would have been dancing.

I threw votes to about 8 different couples (out of my 13 total votes), so no overall favorite to win it yet. There are so many good dancers this time it will be who is the best each week, so everyone will have to bring their A game to get the votes and make it through.

19. sarah says:

I knew Pamela would be sent home. I was mad that Drew was in the bottom. People do not like Anna and when I saw that Drew was paired with her I said that sadly his days would be numbered and I think they are.

20. Asking questions are in fact nice thing if you are not understanding something completely, but this piece of writing presents fastidious understanding yet.

21. It’s going to be finish of mine day, except before end
    I am reading this wonderful post to increase my knowledge.

22. Miquel says:

It’s hard to come by knowledgeable people about
    this subject, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks