Gossip Girl Hot Shots: Who Is Nate's New Lady? And What's Her Connection to Serena?

Romantic entanglements will continue to ensnare the Upper East Siders when Gossip Girl returns on Oct. 8 (The CW, 9/8c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at some new couplings set to stir up drama for the series’ sixth and final season.

FALL PREVIEW | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Gossip Girl — Plus 46 Other Shows!

Nate has rebounded from Elizabeth Hurley’s Diana with Sage, a girl closer to his own age (played by Skins’ Sofia Black-D’Elia). But it looks like she’s carrying some baggage, including a possible connection to Serena’s very angry looking new beau (7th Heaven‘s Barry Watson).

Meanwhile, Dan and Georgina are hanging out together, and that never leads to good things.

VIDEO | A Gossip Girl Gets Hitched, ‘Chair’ Undresses and Someone’s on a ‘Slut Spiral’

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Mikaylah says:

I’m guessing Serena’s boyfriend is somehow related to Nate’s new girlfriend. Her dad, perhaps? Yikes.

2. StupidPeopleShutUp says:

Does anybody care? Serena is as interesting as dirt. The show is a mess. Kill it and put it out of its misery already.

3. Tom says:

Is it bad that I’m already over it? Nate and his umpteenth girlfriend, more chuck and Blair nonsense, Serena’s inane woe is me attitude, and Dan and his…Dan just make me more irritated than excited for the show to come back. It is a shell of its former self, the only reason I’m gonna stick around is for the reveal of who gossip girl is, and I’m sure they’ll screw that up somehow too.

4. Summer says:

Hats are the new headband?

5. Katherine says:

Ugh. I wish the writers would stop beating around the bush. Nate and Serena have a huge backstory together, they have lots of history like Chuck and Blair, and yet the writers keep bringing in these filler relationships for the two of them. Both couples had awful break-ups in Season 3 and a main reason why I kept watching was to see these two couples be happily reunited. Just hoping it happens in the Final episode, if not before.

• Rachel says:

This. This so much.

• Kristen says:

I think since Nate and Serena’s “filler-ships” are with two people who are connected together, that it will inevitably tie them back together. Nate will find out that his girl is using him to make Serena’s guy jealous, he will be the one to tell her, she won’t believe him, he will prove it to her, Serena will forgive Nate, and somehow they will end up together. The only thing that worries me is Dan. I don’t want him coming in and ruining Nate and Serena. It’s obvious that Blair will be with Chuck, and Dan made it clear he only wanted Blair, so leave them be. Let that triangle hash itself out. Let Serena and Nate FINALLY be happy and let us viewers who have been waiting for it, be able to witness and enjoy it.

6. omabin says:

I think Serena will end up Dan, not Nate. Could be wrong though

• dude says:

That’s what I’ve thought since season four when she chose him over Nate but the way that they ruined Serena last year (and Serena/Dan) and now have turned Dan over to the dark side, I have a feeling Serena will end up with Nate and Dan will end up alone.

• LizLiz says:

Nope I from filming in New York it looks like Dan & Serena. She’ll probably do the I’ve only loved him thing again. Only difference is there is no Blair around

7. Maggie says:

LOVE Serena’s dress in the 2nd picture!! great color!!

8. Sarah says:

Thank you very much for the pictures!!, I’m very excited for GG, especially Chuck and Blair and Serena!!!!. Too bad there are so many guest stars, hopefully this time the writers use them properly. I love the two dresses that Serena is wearing, she is beautiful and Blair is very pretty with this ​​outfit, she is beautiful too.

9. Patricia says:

Ugh Nate was always so useless for a main character the writers never give him anything interesting to do. I agree with the people saying he should end up with Serena. They should find a completely new love interest for Dan not Nate. Dan and Serena can’t end up together. All the nastiness between them, they can’t forget that and be like well actually I’m over Blair and in love with Serena again.

10. steveo says:

I know Jessica Szohr isn’t comic back, but the time the show felt most “endgame-y” and ready to end, to me, was that point in season four when Chuck and Blair, Nate and Serena, Dan and Vanessa, and Lily and Rufus were all together and happy and Georgina was in Siberia. I feel like all the characters had their happy endings back then, as as much I’ve enjoyed the show since then – and, in particular, as fun a diversion as Dan and Blair together were – I feel like everything since has felt more manufactured for continuing the drama rather then the result of the characters changing as they grow.

11. Will says:

The writers have no shame whatsoever. The fact that they’re not evening trying to make Nate semi-relevant for the last season just goes to how incompetent the writers really are. What is the point of building a story that’ll go nowhere, especially during the series’ last season…? I’m not interested in seeing Nate nor Serena bedhop with some random.

The writers should’ve used this time to reactivate Nate and Serena. I mean, there really was no reason to break them up in the first place…

12. July says:

Nate and Serena just need to be endgame. Look how beuatiful and happy they look! Serena and Dan now is just horrible.

13. DeeKayTee says:

I am thinking that she is either Serena’s new beau’s little sister or daughter and the reason he looks like he is freaking out is because from the looks of it she is still in high school unbeknownst to Nate!

14. Juliana says:

The girl Nate is kissing is the new serena`s boyfriend sister.