Exclusive Glee Video: Brittany & Sam Shed Their 'Celebrity Skin' in Makeover-Themed Performance

Glee rocks the vote this Thursday (9/8c on Fox), when Brittany and Sam morph into political rivals — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at their rousing pre-debate cover of Hole’s “Celebrity Skin.”

The senior class election serves as the backdrop for the “Makeover”-themed episode, which finds McKinley’s senior set tweaking their images. “Everyone is a little different now,” observes Darren Criss, whose character, Blaine, recruits Sam to be his running mate. “Call it senioritis. People are shifting around.”

VIDEO | Lea Michele Teases Glee‘s Harrowing “Break-Up” Episode

Press PLAY below and watch a buttoned-up Brittany and a Blaine-ized Sam hit the campaign trail and then hit the comments to rate their pseudo-transformations.

1. George says:

I’m shocked Courtney Love allowed her catalog to be used by Glee (then again, she’s probably getting to a point where she’s hard up for cash).

2. ktbanks says:

Gonna have a band geek moment and say: “Go Colorguard!” haha

3. emily says:

britanny is actually the worst character on this show

• derek says:

I’m inclined to agree. I honestly don’t understand how so many people seem to love her.

• Darcy says:

I thought I was the only one who thought that. She is a good dancer but her character is too stupid for me to like or even laugh at (she isn’t funny IMO).

• derek says:

I don’t deny that she’s a wonderful dancer. But character-wise it’s beyond irritating how she get a free pass because she’s a special little snowflake and no one can ever tell her to smarten up because she’ll cry. She’s the worst and I can’t even with how much she sings on the show.

• Casey says:

Somebody forgot about everyone’s least favorite personality-starved plank of wood, Plain Blanderson

• dsdsdsd says:

Wow, you are hilarious.

… and everyone? Speak for yourself, he’s the favorite character for many people

• dude says:

Girls who romanticize him and want him to be their boyfriend maybe. I don’t have a hate on for Blaine, he’s just kind of “meh” to me but anyone can see that he’s not a very dynamic or interesting character. His character comes down to a guy who wears a lot of bow ties and brightly coloured pants. He’s the perfect, moral center who never misbehaves and always does the right thing and that just doesn’t make for a very interesting character. Perfection wasn’t made for storytelling.

• gw says:

exactly the problem with his character since day 1, just worse now that they’re giving him more screentime since s3.

• Ann says:

You do know Glee’s largest demographic is girls, right? All the characters who are loved are loved by girls. And Blaine was voted favorite TV character at AfterElton, a website for gay men. So I guess his appeal is broader than you think. And to fans of Blaine, he is a very interesting character with tons of potential. You don’t like him and that’s fine, but your assessment of his character is very obviously biased. Blaine has made mistakes, he’s just not a huge jerk. That doesn’t make him perfect or boring.

• spearx says:

lol? You probably fast forward through Blaine’s scenes. Which explains your impression of him.

He’s actually a favorite of mine too.

• Kem says:

Speak to yourself. I’m for one loves Blain VERY MUCH.

• nana says:

idk, both chord and heather are doing pretty good impersonations of him with these faces.

• Jedi3 says:

Everyone in this video is cool enough. Not as hardcore as Courtney ofc.

I don’t see why you expect people’s faces to be masks of perfect china the whole time they’re singing. What planet are you living on?

• minnforearth says:

Except Kurt. He’s always made of flawless china.

• Yours sincerely Kieth Richard's gnarled facade says:

But like, China is a bad comparison. It’s rigid and none-dynamic.
            No one should sing with a china-face. Chris’s mouth and Darren’s scrunchy eyes, and Lea’s huge unhinged python jaw are like, my favorites.

But the more flaws on your face the berrer.The only exception is Cory’s constipated face. That one’s just too bizzarre for me to comprehend.

• Yours sincerely Kieth Richard's gnarled facade says:

Forgot to mention the adorable forehead wrinkles on Ms Rivera.

• minnforearth says:

Sam’s trouty mouth.

• Ann says:

Speak for yourself. Blaine Anderson is awesome, your faves could never, etc.

• Wendy says:

I really wish the show and his over-invested stans would forget about him entirely.

• David says:

I love Blaine, i think he’s funny, handsome and has a great singing voice.
        You shouln’t think you can speak for everybody it’s rude and it pisses me of, i can speak for myself thank you very much.

• fredw says:

I like Blaine a lot more than some of the cast in the choir room this year and last year.
        Did I miss some kind of memo?

• dsdsdsd says:

Yep. Finn is a close second

• Alex says:

She really is. I can’t with her character, and with the show pushing her on me this season.

• michelle says:

@emily no that’s Unique

• Katie says:

Thank god I’m not the only one! I find her irritating and her singing hurts my head (possibly because her lip syncing is sooo bad). I really hope they don’t make her a main focus this season.

• mintapple says:

Britt isn’t as bad as Tina’s lack of development, followed by her replacing Santana as the bitch character. At least she’s consistently stupid.

Jenna can sing so much better and deserves more screen time than Heather.

• hemopierce says:

Jenna is a bad actress though. Hemo can deliver one-iners amazingly, and her acting in Briney2.0 was actually great. And she can dance better than Jenna.

Hemo>Jenna

4. Laure says:

Did the original song sound this bad?

5. Lisa says:

I’m liking the video, it’s quite funny. But please, let Brittany just dance. There are so many good singers in this show, let us hear their voices, not Brittany’s.

6. Alex says:

Enough Brittany.

7. Jellymoff says:

I think the song choice is kind of cool, but they totally butchered it, not gonna lie.

• AT says:

This. I loved that album… it helped me get through the last few years of high school. They just ruined that song…

• dude says:

I think ruined is a strong word. First of all, no matter how bad any cover of a song is, it doesn’t change how awesome the original is. Obviously Glee doing Hole–Hole is going to be better. But I think Chord sounds great and I don’t hate Heather’s voice even though she’s not a strong singer (her pained facial expressions were far more off-putting). I like that Glee is doing something different and covering a genre they haven’t really done much of before. The song is awesome but it could have been done better however, I wouldn’t say they “ruined” it.

8. Elly says:

Ryan Murphy-this season is starting to morph into season #2 territory. I like Brittany but we should be focusing on Tina. She has way better range all around. And I’m sorry but the new kids are awful, their acting is cheesy and were just watching season 1 again. It would have almost been better to graduate them all to a college where the each got a full scholarship for their nationals wins. This new version is almost getting painful to watch. And seriously, why is Joe still there? That guy brings nothing to the story. Unique is the new Kurt, fine. But these other kids really need better acting or better storylines, I’m not sure which-maybe both. Oh and please, no more grunge songs in this manner!!!! This song was good until you destroyed it!

9. michelle says:

I love this Britt and Sam are adorbs and Heather & Chord voices are perfect.

10. lady says:

this is so bad

11. Laurie says:

Heather’s a great dancer, but why is she singing so much. It’s most definitely not her strength and with so many great singers on the show, I’d prefer to just watch her dance. Maybe I could handle so much Brittany if she was a better actress at least, but when they as more from her than one liners I just zone out.

• Dee Dee says:

AGREE!! the ridiculousness of the Brittany character only works for those one liners. Last week’s ep was torture but I figured, hey, they’re doing Brittany Spears, I’ll let it slide. But, here she is again! Heather Morris is phenomenal dancer, but her acting leaves something to be desired, and bless her heart, she can NOT sing! Hope this isn’t a regular thing.

12. heather says:

OMG, Haters please step aside. If you all cant stand a beautiful, talented, funny character then GTFO. HEMO for everything and Brittany is the BEST character on this how. Bram is werking this….

• derek says:

If someone doesn’t like a character it doesn’t make them a ‘hater’. Brittany is no where near being the best character on Glee, though I imagine her fans really enjoy these episodes that seem to centre around her and her inane dialogue and subpar vocals.

The truth of the matter is that she’s singing way too much and some people don’t really like how she’s allowed to terrible things without consequence because she lacks the intelligence to deal with repercussions. It’s beyond irritating and I wish they went back to her being a background character.

But shirtless Sam can stay and dance for me on my birthday this weekend.

13. A says:

I love Brittany but when it comes to her singing I appreciated the fact that they kept the number of songs she sang down to a minimum where the songs fit her voice such as Tik Tok, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, and the Britney songs. I don’t want her singing in every episode! It’s unnecessary.

14. Chris says:

Love it! Heather should have more rock songs, it’s so fun seeing her go fierce! Brittany and Sam’s campaigns should be hilarious

15. Maddy W says:

This was so much fun! Heather/Brittany is the only reason I’m still watching Glee so I’m so glad to see her being used more. Can’t wait for the Makeover episode!

16. MissMel says:

Oh, that was really bad. I actually really like Brittany but those vocals were weak. Maybe it’s because they play the character as such an innocent but I don’t feel the egde in the performance to match the lyrics.

17. JT says:

Chord and HeMo rock! More of this, please!!

18. Ellen says:

This was pretty cool. The montage/dream video was a fresh take for Glee, and I really like the combo of Blaine/Sam/Brittany/Artie. Heather and Chord rocked this.

19. Jo says:

It’s pretty evident to me that Ryan wants Glee cancelled. I don’t understand how can they have Heather singing so many songs? I’m sure they listen to her recordings before they release it. How can they not know that she is a horrible singer? It’s bad, like really bad. I’m not watching that, I’ve had enough with Brittany songs. The new cast is boring too.

20. jrweilenmann says:

I watched the premiere with interest, let my young kids watch the second while I half-tuned in, and this makes me want to skip the rest of the season and catch the highlights online.

21. Ann says:

Less singing, more dancing for HeMo please. This makes it look like Sam is running against Brittany. I thought it was Blaine?

22. AT says:

Honestly, a song like this is better suited for a gritty voice. I think Tina or Santana would have done a much better job. They have to clean up Heather’s voice too much that it sounds artificial. Sam was a bit better on his parts, but not by much. I gotta say, this is probably the first Glee cover that I have straight up hated.

23. tirpse says:

I see you changing the text. I see you.

24. LC says:

This song is all kinds of horrible! Bad cover, bad singers, bad actors.

25. Jess says:

Is is the WORST cover they have done on Glee (and there have been some bad ones). 1) Heather Morris CAN NOT sing. Not one song she has sung as sounded good. She’s only tolerable on songs they can autotune the crap out of. 2) This performance video gave me second embarrassment. Glee is going downhill and it is going downhill FAST. I suspect if it continues this way, it’s going to be cancelled. The music is dull, the new characters are painful and the old cast is put in very terrible story lines. Where’s Santana? Where’s Finn? Why is the NY part so boring (when I was looking forward to it the most?) Why is the Lima portion even more boring? The new characters are mediocre. The old cast in Lima is not enough to draw me in.

• lolk says:

I think you need to listen Change Would Do You Good that is the worst song they ever done. And is to bad because is Lea who is singing and is so awful she doesn’t even sound like her

26. sami says:

I don’t have a problem with Hemo/Britt singing, everyone in the Glee Club should be able to sing, I love this song, All the characters like finn, puck, santana, etc are coming back around episode 4! People need to be patient, Honestly, I still have interest in the show and I only hope and think it’s going to get better.

27. Sam says:

It’s called a “COVER SONG” for a reason, It isn’t meant to sound exactly the same, If you all are so good of singers to judge, why don’t i see you on there, or even close to where they are! Everyone was always complaining that there wasn’t enough Brittany and now that there is, you all are pushing her back, make up your damn minds!

28. Dre says:

Why are they letting Brittany sing is because everyone needs a chance. Is it Heather fault that she did this song? No. When you are a actor you have to do whatever the creator says to do. Also, do anyone know that this is Heather first time singing/acting when she first joined Glee. So the only real title she has is being a dancer. But, at least she is trying. Goodness people. Put yourself in her shoes and stop judging others. You never thought the reason Ryan kept this scene was because Heather did pretty good to have just started singing lessons? I like Brittany and I also care about Heather. Just because they are washed up with make up and tv doesn’t make them less human, so just calm down and think before you judge others.

29. murley says:

this song didn’t suit heather’s voice that well but i loved the cinemetography and story they used the song to tell. it was creative and fun and sam sounded pretty awesome. looking forward to this episode.

30. kavyn says:

Let’s just all be grateful that it wasn’t Brit and Unique.

31. LM says:

I love Heather…she is my favorite character. Her character is so funny! I enjoyed hearing her sing, but was not crazy about the song. But that is OK, because so many episodes in the past seasons she was completely overlooked….let her have her turn now!

32. cote says:

Well, definitely not my favorite one, but I think it was OK. My problem with this season is that there is no story, they sing like 8 songs per episode, and nothing “important” happens. They should do 4 songs and give Tina, Artie, Sam, Blaine and Britt some decent storyline please! Also, miss Santana and Finn like crazy!!

33. Eric says:

God, I just wanna lick Chord’s muscular back.. He makes me wanna marry him! ..

34. ANN says:

Nothing spectacular about this at all. And they are only using Sam’s (Chord) body to drag in the young girls (which is quite sad if you have to flash flesh to maintain your young audience). Missing Mercedes, Santana and the rest of the old cast. Will give the new characters a chance but really!!! GLEE is heading no where fast, need to concentrate on development and stop trying to use music and the diversion of New York to try and maintain viewership because Lea and Kurt are not doing it for me either. Can only hope that the older characters can bring interest to a rather boring start to a 4th season. Really do not think that the storylines are going to get better because for some reason the writers continue to think that love triangles and putting people together (and breaking of good characters i.e. Sam and Mercedes; Santana and Brittany) just so they can create controversy or develope some other relationships that will never measure up to what those characters who really had chemistry can duplicate. Oh well this is GLEE where continuity and sense and sensibility is never is given the forefront of the storyine or development.

• Kay says:

I agree. This performance is bad all the way through. I don’t really care for Heather Morris’s singing, and Chord Overstreet does not really sound that great either. I agree too that the writers are not writing good storylines – all they ever seem to do is break couples up and hook them up with other people. They need to leave the couples alone, and just write interesting storylines for the main characters. I really liked Darren Criss’s version of Everybody Wants To Rule The World – and the mashup sung by Rachel, Kurt and Isabelle was pretty good as well. I think Blaine is going to run for President as well. Hopefully this episode will be good. Next week’s episode should be good also, with all the drama that will be going on between Finn/Rachel and Kurt/Blaine. Then we will have a month long hiatus until Glee starts up again.

35. Sara says:

I love Hole and I absolutely love this song. I actually appreciated this version of it. Of course it isn’t going to live up to the original. Why would it?
    Also, and I am sure I am going to get flack for this, but I kind of really hope that Brittany and Sam get together. I think they would make a cool pairing. And maybe she would have more to do than follow Santana around holding pinkies together.

36. Sarah says:

I could not be any more excited that this video is embedded in the mobile site version of this story! Thanks TVLine!!

37. Celia says:

3 episodes and I’m already tired of Brittany. She’s a great dancer, but the singing and acting are not up to the standards I need for her to be featured so much. The show has so many great singers and actors that should be featured.

38. Dee Kottkamp says:

This has to be the worst remake ever on Glee.

39. Mondo says:

Britany/Heather is a bad singer and her acting leaves a lot to be desired.

I don’t recall this much attention when Amber, Naya or Jenna had a Glee song released. It has been 3 Heather’s songs and all the media has covered them like if it was the biggest deal ever ( a white Glee cast member does anything they are showcased all over the place). It looks llike Glee’s Favoritism and bigotry is rub off on to the media.

40. terra says:

Really. Why do you guys have to hate so much. They are all really talented in there own way. Hemo is a great singer dancer and actress. You guys need to stop hating on everyone. Its just a show. I loved this performance and i can’t wait to see what happens next.

• Lisa says:

It’s not hating, it’s just an opinion. And people watch this show because they enjoy the acting and the songs. But when the songs are not goos, it’s a good thing to give a feedback and say we didn’t like it. It’s their JOB to provide a good show for our entertainment, so we are more than allowed to give our opinion if we didn’t like it. Honestly I loved the video, but I really think Brittany should stick to dance only and leave the singing to the rest of an amazing cast who actually can sing without the need of autotune.

41. ZDH says:

Glee sure does seem to have a lot of angry “fans”. I really like this cover and performance! Both Heather and Chord are fierce in it, and I don’t get the hate being spewed here at all except in terms of many a Glee fan being more a fan of certain characters than actually being a fan of the show. Heather’s voice suits this song really well and if Courtney Love thinks “It’s pretty good!” who am I – or anyone else here – to question it?

42. j says:

I really love this performance!!!

43. Chris says:

I really liked this, it was a fun and fresh take, compared to the usual Glee performances. And I’m thrilled Heather and Chord have so much to do this season, they’re the only reasons I’m still watching glee. Heather’s performances are so engaging and no one’s funnier. Gimme more, glee!

44. annette says:

Yuck don’t like this season so far.

45. nosi says:

it’s a really fun video but brittany really shouldn’t have to sing too much, give it to the much deserving one, and the better singer, which is tina

46. Mel says:

Loved this performance. Heather rocked this!

47. crazylady says:

HEATHER ROCKS EVERYTHING.. HATERS TO THE LEFT.. AND YOUR JUST JEALOUS AND IT SHOWS HATING ON HERFEEL SORRY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NTHING BUT HATE INSIDE THEM.

GIVE HEATHER MORE SONGS AND MORE DANCE NUMBERS..HEATHER FREAKIN MORRIS RULES THE WORLD!!!

48. spearx says:

Blaine taking Sam’s clothes off and Heather’s body fitting dress and glasses.

Yeah I’m a shallow bitch. lol.