Emmys

Video: Connie Britton Talks Friday Night Lights Movie 'Start Date,' Sings Nashville's Praises

Get More: Emmys, Interviews, Video

Connie Britton is one cool gal — and in this video, she reveals exactly how she beats the heat of a sun-baked Emmys red carpet.

After TV’s erstwhile Mrs. Coach “passes along” her secret to me, she reflects on the good fortune that brought her this year’s Emmy nod, for American Horror Story. She then marvels at all the hard work that goes into making her new ABC series Nashville — aka one of the fall’s very best new dramas — so, so “awesome.” (But will she sing a li’l something for us? Press PLAY and see.)

VIDEO | TVLine’s Spoiler Alert! Web Series Discusses TV’s Best New Drama Series

Then, before our talk heads into overtime, Britton jokingly coughs up a date for when production on the Friday Night Lights movie might start. We’re pretty sure she was kidding, but we’re grabbing a pen and calendar and circling the date just in case!

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV First Impression: ABC’s Nashville Sings

Comments (6)

• I cant wait for the premiere or Nashville and the FNL movie to start production, i love Connie but im a little worried she didnt want to sing, i hope she does well

Comment by rod – September 23, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A few things:
    1. What did Michael do to his hair?
    2. As IF he didn’t have makeup on too.
    3. I think this is the first time I’ve heard Connie Britton’s natural voice. Not what I expected.
    4. FNL movie is my greatest fantasy, but I’m guessing that’s all it is: a fantasy.

Comment by Sam – September 23, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Connie, but she looks a little nervous in this interview for some reason. Can’t wait for NASHVILLE!

Comment by Howdy – September 24, 2012 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be a god show. Love Connie Britton.

Comment by Jeri – September 27, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oops “good” not “god”

Comment by Jeri – September 27, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s always so silly around him… I love her, most talented woman on tv.

Comment by Dani – September 27, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post