Final Flashpoint Season Gets U.S. Premiere Date

Flashpoint on IONThe fifth and final season of the Canadian-produced police drama Flashpoint, which launched in the Great White North on Thursday night, now has a Stateside premiere date.

ION Television, which picked the series up from CBS last fall, will launch Season 5 on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at 11/10c, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | NBC Pulls Saving Hope, Final Two Episodes Posted Online

“While the series is still at its creative apex, we’ve decided to end [it] on a high note, and give those fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion in our 75th episode,” executive producers Anne Marie La Traverse and Bill Mustos said in May, when the show’s farewell tour was announced.

RELATED | Finale Post Mortem: Rookie Blue Boss Defends Andy’s Choice, Previews Season 4 Time Jump

Flashpoint first debuted in Canada in 2007 before landing on CBS in 2008. After being dropped by CBS during Season 4, it found its new home on ION.

1. TV Gord says:

Canadian here. Without giving anything away, last night’s season premiere was the most action-packed episode ever! It will be worth the wait! :-)

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m very excited. I’ve not seen one bad episode in this series. YAY!!!

• Erin says:

I agree. I’m still a little shakey over what I saw last night. I love when the show doesn’t shy away from realism.

• bexx888 says:

Oh my god it was so good. I don’t know how many times I caught myself holding my breath. And I was crying at the end.
      Flashpoint is definitely one of my favourite shows on tv. I’m going to miss it.

• brenda gilbert says:

TOTALLY AGREE….. it;s criminal to stop this show! The actors, their roles, their acting and the stories are awesome. Best show ever!! Can;t believe it;s going to end. I;ve seen each show at least 6 times….please find a way to keep this show!! If the team needs help adjusting..get them help but don;t take them away.

• Alice says:

Yes, don’t kill Canadian content; this show is the BEST!!

• kartofflmuter says:

I’VE SEEN THE ENTIRE SERIES .It is indeed criminal to stop it. There are some of the most exciting episodes I’ve ever seen. I’ve watched most of the episodes at least 3 times or more and the acting and stories hold up. I especially love the leader of team 1. I believe his compassion ( and I really hate it when he portrays Elias on Person of Interest) probably because I really want him to reform,lol. I can miss Castle and NCIS,and CSI, and never watched Blue Blood or the Fire house show which I find strangely unwatchable. But I would never miss Flashpoint,Criminal Minds,or SUV.

• Zak says:

The last ten minutes I would say was the most jarring television I’ve seen in quite some time. I’m interested to see what they plan on doing in the last twelve episodes to top it.

• jerzygirl45 says:

I can’t wait. I love this show, can’t believe it’s gonna be over. And thanks Matt – I’ve been trying to track down the USA premiere date for ages.

• Natalie says:

I think that you should atleast make a season 6 of flashpoint so us canadians can see what their baby looks like!!

• Hi,I have watch and loved every episode,wish it would continue ,tonights show was great I had tears in my eyes when Sam and Greg were hurt,they all are my favorites Come Back Please ,I waited for these New show. Even.the reruns Good show people ,

• Big Fan of Team One says:

sOOOOOO sad to see FLASHPOINT’S Team One go…. one of the best shows on the air, hated to see it end….I’ve seen every rerun so disappointed I can’t see any more new gripping, edge-of-my-seat drama episodes…..great ensemble acting, definitely won’t be nearly as good catching the actors acting
        in other gigs…

• Dorrell says:

I just started watching Flashpoint a few months ago and I am hooked- watching reruns after reruns, this is the best show ever and I love Team ONE I wish they could bring it back.

2. wrstlgirl says:

FINALLY!! I’m been waiting and waiting, Love this show!

3. Danielle says:

YAY! I caught up on the series on Netflix this summer and already miss it. Such a great series, looking forward to season five.

Quick question for long time viewers, did they ever explain what happened to Lou’s replacement Leah? She was there for like four episodes and then just disappeared without a word.

• big cheddar says:

Great question! I’ve been wondering about that as well. I’ve been watching it on ION and thought I missed a episode or something.

• In one episode they stated that she had a family emergency, and that was the last time she was ever mentioned. I think I remember reading that the actress who played her left to film a movie, so that was supposedly a way of leaving the door open for her to possibly come back (which she never did).

• Joanna says:

They have announced that Leah does return for the final season.

• Natalie says:

He went home to haiti for some reason!

• tanya says:

Hi, leah had to leave for a short time as her family were affected by Haiti at the time so she had to go back to help them. She returned later on and Sam asks her how her family were getting on, and she replies ‘how any other family are coping after Haiti.’ Or words to that effect. (:

4. Kristina says:

Tiny correction: Flashpoint also premiered in Canada in 2008, not 2007. One of the things that the show’s promoters kept talking about when it debuted was the fact that it was one of the few Canadian shows to air simultaneously in the U.S.

Anyway, American Flashpoint fans are in for a treat. The premiere was great. Engaging, intense, sprinkled with a couple throwbacks to the pilot. It sets up some good stuff for this season.

5. GeeMa says:

Love the show. Will definitely miss it when it’s over.

6. Shane says:

I understand their reasoning for ending the show, but it’s still a shame. It is absolutely the best show of its kind on television right now. I’ll be sad to see it go, but have enjoyed it greatly.

• DeborahD says:

I totally agree that this is the best show! What can we do. I know I’ve seen facebook pages started to stop cancellations of shows. Maybe we could do this??

7. Julie says:

Can’t wait for it to start. So sorry this is the last season. :-(

8. GeekGirl13 says:

FINALLY!!!!! I still wish ION had let us watch it last night and each week along with Canada, but at least they’re not making us wait until next year or something!

9. guest says:

Love this show!! Last night’s episode was great, I will be sad to see the end of the series!

10. Brit says:

Im glad they r coming back but I don’t think I have that channel.

11. DenverDean says:

It’s too bad they decided to stop at 75. Even another 13 episode season would get it to 88, which would be a decent run. A quality show. Going to be missed.

12. Doug-H says:

I can imagine that Flashpoint is a fairly expensive show and I bet if CBS had stayed on as a partner, it would have continued further as it got decent summer ratings on that network… ION with its limited network ( not available in many markets including my weekday home area in Charlotte) can’t produce the numbers.. I noticed that even ION has buried it at 11pm, past prime time but those with DVR’s have no problem… It is a shame that it had limited appeal to the “target” audience for US TV… My 2 favorite “F” shows going off at the same time with same number of episodes.. Fringe and Flashpoint!!!

13. Ashley says:

I am so excited for the premiere I couldn’t be more excited or more upset that its the last season! that is an awful reason to end the series I love the show keep it going as long as you have enough stories and as sick as our world is they should have plenty!!! we are having a girls night of myself and 6 other stay at home mommys just to watch the premiere!!!

14. barbara larocca says:

Loved the show do not get ion. CBS should pick up miss it

15. p miler says:

Please please stay what a great show

16. ryan says:

how can i watch season 5 online

17. shay 25 says:

OMG!!!! they can not do this to me this is the only show me and my husband watch and I m not a tv person but Flashpoint sure does have my vote as number 1 so please find a way to keep them on air.

18. Scott says:

Just watched ep 11 of season 5. Very sad to know there are only two eps left. I have loved this show since the premiere. It’s real…the characters are fantastic…and I get choked up during just about every ep. Really going to miss this show!!!

• irene downey says:

I have all five seasons but the fifth season only has 11 episodes. Can you please let me know where to find the last 2 episodes. I have been looking everywhere.

19. John says:

PLEASE STAY ON THE AIR. PLEASE I DON’T WANT IT TO END

20. Kelsi says:

well find a new home, continue to make newer episodes for Flashpoint and with these actors, they’re the best police drama in a really long time, plus its Canadian based police.

21. Natalie says:

Make a season 6!!!! Season 5 eas imazing kep it on the air!! I want to see what sam and jules baby looks like!! Please for all of us keep this show on the air til atleast season 8! Then we will get to see what happens to clark and donna and everybody on team 1!! Please keep it on! This show is my life! I watch it everyday!!:)

22. Laura says:

I love Flashpoint!!!!! From Italy: please, make a season 6!

23. flshpt#1 fan says:

DON’T END THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD!!!!!

24. johnette says:

This is just wrong! I don’t even watch TV anymore
    unless its flashpoint. Just saying

25. DholiFifty says:

how the hell you end it like tht?

26. wendy says:

Hi from Australia. Please don’t stop this show! It is without doubt the best drama on TV! Totally beyond compare to anything else out there!

A superb cast in roles that seemed made specifically for them. They each own their persona and shine brightly. It will be a sad loss to viewers everywhere.

27. Jimmy Riddle says:

I hate to say good bye to the SRU team. This show has never had the network support it deserves. We loyal fans have followed it from network to network and night to night. It’s one of the best shows on TV and it will be missed.

28. Deanna e says:

Great finale! So sad to see them go.

29. nan archuleta says:

Best show on television!.edge of my seat every episode! It. It is poised to be picked up by someone and could easily continue with the right set up. Hope someone recognizes the potential! Come on fans let’s do this! Protest the cancellation of this great drama!

30. James says:

Deff. One of my favorite shows ever! I’m extremely upset that they are canceling it after only 5 seasons. Almost every episode brings a tear to my eyes. Great job to the cast, writers and producers. Amazing show. Going to miss it

31. KartofflMuter says:

I think it’s a crime to lose this show. This show was the one of the few I looked I forward to and most of them have been cancelled .Tell me TV geniuses-did you create something better than Desp. Housewives? I can’t stand that family show with the old man,the gay couple and the latin wife. Stereotypes anyone? Loved the new Munsters(hated the old ones) Hate Parenthood. Maudlin much? Care to watch me take my morning dose of 40 pills and cough for 25 minutes? No? Then why watch that whine fest?
    So now you cancelled Flashpoint,Lie to Me. The Millionaire benefactor show- all the shows with something new. Wow. Great idea. I’ve seen the Vamps and Zombies. Big news-you may have watchers-but they’re 13-15 and horny or 17 and stoned and can’t find enough change behind the cushions to buy the stuff you’re selling.

32. Mon says:

I love love this show please don’t cancel it and bring it back by far my favorite show!!

33. Jo-Ann says:

I really just got hooked on Flashpoint this year and wow what an amazing show indeed. Please don’t take it off it has so much more to come and stories to tell. Especially with Sam and Jules and the new baby she was adorable and i would like to see where the two son’s go from here i wonder if they would join the academy like their dads before them. PLEASE SAVE THIS SHOW. I would actually stay up late on Tuesday nights just to watch it.

34. Rich says:

I can not believe that my all time fav show. ” flashpoint” is ending. How sad.
    RM

35. KB Woo says:

i am a Malaysian living in M’sia. Been following Flashpoints since season one. We can only get it on DVD. Not on public or pay channels. Just managed to get my hands on the season 5 and its really sad to know the series ends here.

One of my fav canadian series. I used to live in Toronto for 7 years in the 90s. Every team player in SRU played their role very well. Tho some slow paced episode but most of them are just heart wrecking.

Should consider having FlashPoint II or Returns of SRU?

If you are short of storylines, check out Metro Police Dept, they have lotsa cases daily to put into good series.

I am waiting for more…..fellow Malaysian.

• kartofflmuter says:

36. jamie greenwood says:

flashpoint is toataly awsome the best show in many years of boring tv this show was a ray of light brightning up our screens pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee find a way to keep it going

37. Jerome English says:

I wish this show was still on so we can see how things were after the end of team one. I really liked this show. I just watched the last season in 2 days. Please make new seasons. PLEEEAAAASE!

38. I WISH THAY WOULD RECOCEDER CANCELING FLASHPOINT! IT AND CRIMINAL MINDS ARE MY FAVORITE SHOWS. I DON’T KNOW WHAT I ANY GOING TO DO WITHOUT MY FAVORITE SHOW. I THINK IF THE ACTORS STIR WANT TOO DO THE SHOW THAN THAY SHOULD BE ALOUD TOO KEEP DOING IT. I KNOW IT GETS GRATE RATTINGS! SO WHY CANCEL IT. THEIR IS NOTHING BETTER TO PUT IN THAT TIME SLOT!

39. Mackenzie says:

Okay so why on the DVDs is there only five seasons and there’s like the last episode like the last episode on the fifth season is slowburn And there’s more episodes than that!

• PJ says:

I sure would like to be reassured that the remaining episodes will be on DVD. Season 5 DVD did not include them all!

40. joe says:

I am going to miss this series

41. Skye says:

The show is too predictable; the actors aren’t very good, esp Amy Jo-; you can figure out the ending 5 minutes into an episode. Very glad they cancelled this!

42. heidi says:

Cannot believe they cancelled Flashpoint. The best show besides criminal minds on TV & it gets cancelled!! How disgusting. Awesome show. Why stop it? BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!

43. Laura Bates says:

I love flashpoint

44. brandon says:

yes bring it back best show ever i dont get it why stop when your doing so good i love flash point.

45. Chell says:

Is there another season of flashpoint as we love watching it every night now what we gonna watch

46. Razzy Bailey & wife Faye! We did not see this show until ION, PLEASE do not tell us there will be NO MORE. We love, love this! All the actors play their part so well. They are focused, you actually believe it to be so. So Sad!

47. zekilomo says:

This has been my favorite show for the last 2 years. I would watch it whenever it was on ion, I have seen every episode countless times. I am deeply saddened by the fact that Flashpoint isn’t continuing into a 6th season. I have been and still am missing it as are many of you on this forum. I hope that somehow there may be a surprise season 6, but miracles don’t always happen.

48. Marci says:

I am completely SAD there will not be a season 6!! I absolutely love this show. I hope they will reconsider making another season.

49. Bonnie says:

Just recently discovered this program and I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED to see that there won’t be any more new episodes. There so little great tv today, its shameful to quit on a geat show.

50. Jennifer says:

I’m so upset they cancelled this show! It was a great show, the story line, the cast loved it all. I really hope they surprise us with a season 6 and they decide to air it again. It’s stupid how a good show is canceled, makes no sense. I loved all the actors they were great. I recently got hooked on his shows and I learned that they canceled this series just recently. I am definitely rooting for a season 6!!!!!!