Fall TV Preview

Final Flashpoint Season Gets U.S. Premiere Date

Flashpoint on IONThe fifth and final season of the Canadian-produced police drama Flashpoint, which launched in the Great White North on Thursday night, now has a Stateside premiere date.

ION Television, which picked the series up from CBS last fall, will launch Season 5 on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at 11/10c, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | NBC Pulls Saving Hope, Final Two Episodes Posted Online

“While the series is still at its creative apex, we’ve decided to end [it] on a high note, and give those fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion in our 75th episode,” executive producers Anne Marie La Traverse and Bill Mustos said in May, when the show’s farewell tour was announced.

RELATED | Finale Post Mortem: Rookie Blue Boss Defends Andy’s Choice, Previews Season 4 Time Jump

Flashpoint first debuted in Canada in 2007 before landing on CBS in 2008. After being dropped by CBS during Season 4, it found its new home on ION.

Tags: ,

Comments (75)

• Canadian here. Without giving anything away, last night’s season premiere was the most action-packed episode ever! It will be worth the wait! :-)

Comment by TV Gord – September 21, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m very excited. I’ve not seen one bad episode in this series. YAY!!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 21, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I’m still a little shakey over what I saw last night. I love when the show doesn’t shy away from realism.

Comment by Erin – September 21, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my god it was so good. I don’t know how many times I caught myself holding my breath. And I was crying at the end.
      Flashpoint is definitely one of my favourite shows on tv. I’m going to miss it.

Comment by bexx888 – September 21, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TOTALLY AGREE….. it;s criminal to stop this show! The actors, their roles, their acting and the stories are awesome. Best show ever!! Can;t believe it;s going to end. I;ve seen each show at least 6 times….please find a way to keep this show!! If the team needs help adjusting..get them help but don;t take them away.

Comment by brenda gilbert – September 27, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, don’t kill Canadian content; this show is the BEST!!

Comment by Alice – November 8, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’VE SEEN THE ENTIRE SERIES .It is indeed criminal to stop it. There are some of the most exciting episodes I’ve ever seen. I’ve watched most of the episodes at least 3 times or more and the acting and stories hold up. I especially love the leader of team 1. I believe his compassion ( and I really hate it when he portrays Elias on Person of Interest) probably because I really want him to reform,lol. I can miss Castle and NCIS,and CSI, and never watched Blue Blood or the Fire house show which I find strangely unwatchable. But I would never miss Flashpoint,Criminal Minds,or SUV.

Comment by kartofflmuter – February 25, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The last ten minutes I would say was the most jarring television I’ve seen in quite some time. I’m interested to see what they plan on doing in the last twelve episodes to top it.

Comment by Zak – September 21, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t wait. I love this show, can’t believe it’s gonna be over. And thanks Matt – I’ve been trying to track down the USA premiere date for ages.

Comment by jerzygirl45 – October 6, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that you should atleast make a season 6 of flashpoint so us canadians can see what their baby looks like!!

Comment by Natalie – December 8, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi,I have watch and loved every episode,wish it would continue ,tonights show was great I had tears in my eyes when Sam and Greg were hurt,they all are my favorites Come Back Please ,I waited for these New show. Even.the reruns Good show people ,

Comment by Norma Robinson – January 23, 2013 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • sOOOOOO sad to see FLASHPOINT’S Team One go…. one of the best shows on the air, hated to see it end….I’ve seen every rerun so disappointed I can’t see any more new gripping, edge-of-my-seat drama episodes…..great ensemble acting, definitely won’t be nearly as good catching the actors acting
        in other gigs…

Comment by Big Fan of Team One – February 16, 2013 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just started watching Flashpoint a few months ago and I am hooked- watching reruns after reruns, this is the best show ever and I love Team ONE I wish they could bring it back.

Comment by Dorrell – November 1, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!! I’m been waiting and waiting, Love this show!

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 21, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I caught up on the series on Netflix this summer and already miss it. Such a great series, looking forward to season five.

Quick question for long time viewers, did they ever explain what happened to Lou’s replacement Leah? She was there for like four episodes and then just disappeared without a word.

Comment by Danielle – September 21, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great question! I’ve been wondering about that as well. I’ve been watching it on ION and thought I missed a episode or something.

Comment by big cheddar – September 21, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In one episode they stated that she had a family emergency, and that was the last time she was ever mentioned. I think I remember reading that the actress who played her left to film a movie, so that was supposedly a way of leaving the door open for her to possibly come back (which she never did).

Comment by Devin Hudson (@DevinTHudson) – September 21, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have announced that Leah does return for the final season.

Comment by Joanna – September 21, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He went home to haiti for some reason!

Comment by Natalie – December 8, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi, leah had to leave for a short time as her family were affected by Haiti at the time so she had to go back to help them. She returned later on and Sam asks her how her family were getting on, and she replies ‘how any other family are coping after Haiti.’ Or words to that effect. (:

Comment by tanya – December 14, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tiny correction: Flashpoint also premiered in Canada in 2008, not 2007. One of the things that the show’s promoters kept talking about when it debuted was the fact that it was one of the few Canadian shows to air simultaneously in the U.S.

Anyway, American Flashpoint fans are in for a treat. The premiere was great. Engaging, intense, sprinkled with a couple throwbacks to the pilot. It sets up some good stuff for this season.

Comment by Kristina – September 21, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show. Will definitely miss it when it’s over.

Comment by GeeMa – September 21, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand their reasoning for ending the show, but it’s still a shame. It is absolutely the best show of its kind on television right now. I’ll be sad to see it go, but have enjoyed it greatly.

Comment by Shane – September 21, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree that this is the best show! What can we do. I know I’ve seen facebook pages started to stop cancellations of shows. Maybe we could do this??

Comment by DeborahD – September 22, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for it to start. So sorry this is the last season. :-(

Comment by Julie – September 21, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!!!!! I still wish ION had let us watch it last night and each week along with Canada, but at least they’re not making us wait until next year or something!

Comment by GeekGirl13 – September 21, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!! Last night’s episode was great, I will be sad to see the end of the series!

Comment by guest – September 21, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im glad they r coming back but I don’t think I have that channel.

Comment by Brit – September 22, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s too bad they decided to stop at 75. Even another 13 episode season would get it to 88, which would be a decent run. A quality show. Going to be missed.

Comment by DenverDean – September 22, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can imagine that Flashpoint is a fairly expensive show and I bet if CBS had stayed on as a partner, it would have continued further as it got decent summer ratings on that network… ION with its limited network ( not available in many markets including my weekday home area in Charlotte) can’t produce the numbers.. I noticed that even ION has buried it at 11pm, past prime time but those with DVR’s have no problem… It is a shame that it had limited appeal to the “target” audience for US TV… My 2 favorite “F” shows going off at the same time with same number of episodes.. Fringe and Flashpoint!!!

Comment by Doug-H – October 5, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for the premiere I couldn’t be more excited or more upset that its the last season! that is an awful reason to end the series I love the show keep it going as long as you have enough stories and as sick as our world is they should have plenty!!! we are having a girls night of myself and 6 other stay at home mommys just to watch the premiere!!!

Comment by Ashley – October 13, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the show do not get ion. CBS should pick up miss it

Comment by barbara larocca – October 17, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please stay what a great show

Comment by p miler – October 18, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how can i watch season 5 online

Comment by ryan – October 26, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s on you tube. I’ve already seen up to episode 9 and I’m in America!!

Comment by Talene – November 23, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!! they can not do this to me this is the only show me and my husband watch and I m not a tv person but Flashpoint sure does have my vote as number 1 so please find a way to keep them on air.

Comment by shay 25 – December 3, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched ep 11 of season 5. Very sad to know there are only two eps left. I have loved this show since the premiere. It’s real…the characters are fantastic…and I get choked up during just about every ep. Really going to miss this show!!!

Comment by Scott – December 4, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have all five seasons but the fifth season only has 11 episodes. Can you please let me know where to find the last 2 episodes. I have been looking everywhere.

Comment by irene downey – October 16, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE STAY ON THE AIR. PLEASE I DON’T WANT IT TO END

Comment by John – December 6, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well find a new home, continue to make newer episodes for Flashpoint and with these actors, they’re the best police drama in a really long time, plus its Canadian based police.

Comment by Kelsi – December 7, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Make a season 6!!!! Season 5 eas imazing kep it on the air!! I want to see what sam and jules baby looks like!! Please for all of us keep this show on the air til atleast season 8! Then we will get to see what happens to clark and donna and everybody on team 1!! Please keep it on! This show is my life! I watch it everyday!!:)

Comment by Natalie – December 8, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Flashpoint!!!!! From Italy: please, make a season 6!

Comment by Laura – December 9, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DON’T END THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Comment by flshpt#1 fan – December 16, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just wrong! I don’t even watch TV anymore
    unless its flashpoint. Just saying

Comment by johnette – December 19, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how the hell you end it like tht?

Comment by DholiFifty – December 29, 2012 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi from Australia. Please don’t stop this show! It is without doubt the best drama on TV! Totally beyond compare to anything else out there!

A superb cast in roles that seemed made specifically for them. They each own their persona and shine brightly. It will be a sad loss to viewers everywhere.

Comment by wendy – January 9, 2013 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to say good bye to the SRU team. This show has never had the network support it deserves. We loyal fans have followed it from network to network and night to night. It’s one of the best shows on TV and it will be missed.

Comment by Jimmy Riddle – January 11, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great finale! So sad to see them go.

Comment by Deanna e – January 22, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on television!.edge of my seat every episode! It. It is poised to be picked up by someone and could easily continue with the right set up. Hope someone recognizes the potential! Come on fans let’s do this! Protest the cancellation of this great drama!

Comment by nan archuleta – January 22, 2013 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I strongly agree with this protest! The fans for arrested development pulled it off so why can’t we? I’m in.

Comment by James – January 23, 2013 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Deff. One of my favorite shows ever! I’m extremely upset that they are canceling it after only 5 seasons. Almost every episode brings a tear to my eyes. Great job to the cast, writers and producers. Amazing show. Going to miss it

Comment by James – January 23, 2013 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s a crime to lose this show. This show was the one of the few I looked I forward to and most of them have been cancelled .Tell me TV geniuses-did you create something better than Desp. Housewives? I can’t stand that family show with the old man,the gay couple and the latin wife. Stereotypes anyone? Loved the new Munsters(hated the old ones) Hate Parenthood. Maudlin much? Care to watch me take my morning dose of 40 pills and cough for 25 minutes? No? Then why watch that whine fest?
    So now you cancelled Flashpoint,Lie to Me. The Millionaire benefactor show- all the shows with something new. Wow. Great idea. I’ve seen the Vamps and Zombies. Big news-you may have watchers-but they’re 13-15 and horny or 17 and stoned and can’t find enough change behind the cushions to buy the stuff you’re selling.

Comment by KartofflMuter – January 23, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love this show please don’t cancel it and bring it back by far my favorite show!!

Comment by Mon – January 26, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really just got hooked on Flashpoint this year and wow what an amazing show indeed. Please don’t take it off it has so much more to come and stories to tell. Especially with Sam and Jules and the new baby she was adorable and i would like to see where the two son’s go from here i wonder if they would join the academy like their dads before them. PLEASE SAVE THIS SHOW. I would actually stay up late on Tuesday nights just to watch it.

Comment by Jo-Ann – January 26, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe that my all time fav show. ” flashpoint” is ending. How sad.
    RM

Comment by Rich – February 15, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am a Malaysian living in M’sia. Been following Flashpoints since season one. We can only get it on DVD. Not on public or pay channels. Just managed to get my hands on the season 5 and its really sad to know the series ends here.

One of my fav canadian series. I used to live in Toronto for 7 years in the 90s. Every team player in SRU played their role very well. Tho some slow paced episode but most of them are just heart wrecking.

Should consider having FlashPoint II or Returns of SRU?

If you are short of storylines, check out Metro Police Dept, they have lotsa cases daily to put into good series.

I am waiting for more…..fellow Malaysian.

Comment by KB Woo – February 24, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by kartofflmuter – February 25, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • flashpoint is toataly awsome the best show in many years of boring tv this show was a ray of light brightning up our screens pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee find a way to keep it going

Comment by jamie greenwood – March 4, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish this show was still on so we can see how things were after the end of team one. I really liked this show. I just watched the last season in 2 days. Please make new seasons. PLEEEAAAASE!

Comment by Jerome English – March 26, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WISH THAY WOULD RECOCEDER CANCELING FLASHPOINT! IT AND CRIMINAL MINDS ARE MY FAVORITE SHOWS. I DON’T KNOW WHAT I ANY GOING TO DO WITHOUT MY FAVORITE SHOW. I THINK IF THE ACTORS STIR WANT TOO DO THE SHOW THAN THAY SHOULD BE ALOUD TOO KEEP DOING IT. I KNOW IT GETS GRATE RATTINGS! SO WHY CANCEL IT. THEIR IS NOTHING BETTER TO PUT IN THAT TIME SLOT!

Comment by DONNIE NICHOLS – April 3, 2013 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay so why on the DVDs is there only five seasons and there’s like the last episode like the last episode on the fifth season is slowburn And there’s more episodes than that!

Comment by Mackenzie – May 15, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sure would like to be reassured that the remaining episodes will be on DVD. Season 5 DVD did not include them all!

Comment by PJ – July 7, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going to miss this series

Comment by joe – May 15, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is too predictable; the actors aren’t very good, esp Amy Jo-; you can figure out the ending 5 minutes into an episode. Very glad they cancelled this!

Comment by Skye – May 28, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are in the minority.

Comment by KartofflMuter – May 28, 2013 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot believe they cancelled Flashpoint. The best show besides criminal minds on TV & it gets cancelled!! How disgusting. Awesome show. Why stop it? BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!

Comment by heidi – June 2, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love flashpoint

Comment by Laura Bates – September 16, 2013 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes bring it back best show ever i dont get it why stop when your doing so good i love flash point.

Comment by brandon – October 2, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there another season of flashpoint as we love watching it every night now what we gonna watch

Comment by Chell – October 15, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Razzy Bailey & wife Faye! We did not see this show until ION, PLEASE do not tell us there will be NO MORE. We love, love this! All the actors play their part so well. They are focused, you actually believe it to be so. So Sad!

Comment by Razzy & Faye Bailey – October 16, 2013 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has been my favorite show for the last 2 years. I would watch it whenever it was on ion, I have seen every episode countless times. I am deeply saddened by the fact that Flashpoint isn’t continuing into a 6th season. I have been and still am missing it as are many of you on this forum. I hope that somehow there may be a surprise season 6, but miracles don’t always happen.

Comment by zekilomo – November 4, 2013 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am completely SAD there will not be a season 6!! I absolutely love this show. I hope they will reconsider making another season.

Comment by Marci – November 13, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just recently discovered this program and I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED to see that there won’t be any more new episodes. There so little great tv today, its shameful to quit on a geat show.

Comment by Bonnie – December 11, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so upset they cancelled this show! It was a great show, the story line, the cast loved it all. I really hope they surprise us with a season 6 and they decide to air it again. It’s stupid how a good show is canceled, makes no sense. I loved all the actors they were great. I recently got hooked on his shows and I learned that they canceled this series just recently. I am definitely rooting for a season 6!!!!!!

Comment by Jennifer – January 3, 2014 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post