Hot Shots: Who's the Babe Straddling Castle?

When Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a weather reporter, the forecast would seem to call for a 99 percent chance of trouble, based on a pair of photos from the ABC drama’s second episode of Season 5.

RELATED | Castle Q&A: Stana Katic Talks of ‘Wonderful Lovemaking’ and Beckett the ‘Cobra Lying in Wait’

In “Cloudy With a Chance of Murder” (airing Oct. 1), Beckett’s first day back at the NYPD finds her and Castle thrown into the salacious world of local TV news when a female meteorologist is found dead. In the course of their investigation, Castle will draw the eye of a vivacious TV journalist played by Jodi Lyn O’Keefe (Prison Break). And he seems to draw other of her body parts, as well.

RELATED | Fall Preview: As Castle Explores ‘Pure, Raw’ Emotions, ‘The Fun and Conflict Only Escalate’

And mind you, Rick and Kate are still keeping their nascent romance under wraps. Will Castle come clean about this oh-so-close encounter, regardless of how far it goes?

1. gossip2010 says:

I know that it’s not what it seems but i don’t like that castle is with a big smile, and the way he touches her, it’s so not appropriate , even if it’s a scheme
    Hope it will go well, I need caskett

• Jane says:

Stillshots are just the actors relating to one another-there are moments of downtime. A smile was not necessarily in the episode. It would be weird to me too if he showed enjoyment.

2. Mari says:

Oh Castle… But he will come up with an excuse for sure.

3. Eridapo says:

No worries there… Didn’t you spoil that Beckett will be barging into the room with guns drawn…. Me thinks JLO is going to get her a__ handed to her by one pissed of KB.

4. Luu says:

I’d love to see jealous Kate. It’s gonna be so much fun.

• Audrey says:

A jealous Beckett is ALWAYS fun to watch because her emotions just crept up on her that most of the time, she acts before she thinks (recall last season where she and Espo watched Castle kissing another girl).

5. rachelle says:

Castle’s smile is obviously a nervous how-the-hell-do-i-get-out-of-this smile. I’m not worried. I just can’t wait to see Kate jealous and territorial without giving her and Rick away!

6. megshells says:

Oh, come now, fandom. Rick finally beds the woman he’s in love with and you think he’s gonna mess around in the very next episode? Uuuuuuh…no. Me thinks his going on a date with this woman is specifically to throw their workmates off the scent of his and Kate’s new relationship. It also wouldn’t surprise me at all if it was partially Kate’s idea! They WILL get interrupted by Kate, and there will be a fight…it’s inevitable. But what better opportunity for Rick to re-declare his love and devotion to Kate, and the fact that he would never, EVER cheat on her? Personally, I look forward to seeing them kiss and make up…

• rachelle says:

this comment is perfect. you are perfect. lol, in a totally non-creepy way, I promise.

• According to TVGuide Magazine, it is a ruse to cover up Rick and Kate’s relationship. Still, I have no doubt that Kate will be pissed when she walks in on this scene, causing Rick to kick the handsy chick out and profess his love to Kate in as many ways possible ;)

• Kim says:

If you think this is bad, you should see the negativity on some of the other spoiler blogs. People are threatening to not watch the episode, not watch the show at all, complaining about Castle’s roving eye and playboy ways, that Kate is a doormat and she should break up with him because he hasn’t changed or grown up, the writers are uncreative and the JealousKate storyline is old and annoying, etc., etc. I’m with you. I think this episode will be funny at times. Seems to me Castle thought he had a genius, foolproof plan (take the woman to dinner, have a nice meal, let her down gently) only for it to backfire spectacularly when she shows up unannounced at the loft. Let Kate get mad. Personally, I think she’ll be territorial and annoyed more than jealous. Castle can find creative ways to make it up to her…. :)

7. Who is My Girl ? JODI !!!!!!! Hot Chick ! Beautiful Chick, Talented Chick, Lovely Chick and Bad Ass Babe !

8. Audrey says:

I’m loving all these Castle coverage

9. Evan says:

Yeah that’s a definitely a Caskett setup. Cops bust in right after.

10. taran63 says:

Well Jodi is still absolutely gorgeous. I’ve loved her as an actress since her days on Nash Bridges.

But no way is Castle going to cheat on Beckett, and I can’t see him even being tempted to this early in the season.

I do look forward to seeing what led to this scene.

11. zaza says:

I want to know why the weather chick is wearing a swimsuit under her dress. Weird.

• Ali, Sr. says:

:( To make Kate’s eyes look greener ??? :( To make us furious ??? These Castle writers can pull at our heart strings like few have done before. They know what we want & like to tease us unmercifully. I trust them to give us a little piece of their hearts & souls with each episode. Trust them zaza, Castle cast & crew love us as much as we love them…DOUBLE RAINBOWS !!! Did I get that right Mr. Fillion ? :)

12. Ali, Sr. says:

BECKETT GET YOUR GUN :( WRITERS CREATE THE SITUATIONS THE CHARACTERS FIND THEMSELVES IN. THE ENDING WAS A POOR EFFORT TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT. WHO WROTE THIS EPISODE? IT LEAVES YOU WITH A BAD TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH. YOU CREATED MAGIC & CAN DO IT AGAIN, IT IS FICTION. TONIGHT WAS IN VERY POOR TASTE & FORCED. THE ATTEMPT AT SAUCY WAS FLAT. STICK THEM IN THE ELEVATOR & LEAVE THEM ALONE. IT SEEMS THEY CAN ACHIEVE BETTER RESULTS ON THEIR OWN. THE REDEEMING POINT: RYAN & EXPOSITO BACK TO NORMAL. WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE. YOU HAVE A GREAT THING GOING, DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED -