Fall TV Preview

Supernatural Premiere Preview: Watch Sam and Dean's Big Reunion!

Supernatural Jensen AcklesThe CW’s Supernatural will bring the Winchesters back together after a year spent apart in the Season 8 premiere airing Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c, and we’ve got a first look at that long-awaited reunion. (Yes, there are hugs involved.)

FALL PREVIEW | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Supernatural — Plus 46 Other Shows!

But before the brothers can just be happy to see each other again, Dean puts them both through a test to rule out that one of them isn’t a demon, Leviathan or shape shifter. Then Dean drops the bomb that Cas didn’t come back with him because… something happened to him in purgatory.

“Things got pretty hairy towards the end, and he just let go,” explains the elder Winchester, clearly holding back on all the details of what went down.

RELATED | Supernatural Scoop: Stargate’s Amanda Tapping Snags Major Role – Plus: M*A*S*H Vet to Guest!

Press PLAY to watch the preview and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (26)

• typo – hair to hairy… and OMG! I can’t wait! and poor CAS! :(

Comment by tamikkob – September 20, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fixed, thanks!

Comment by Vlada Gelman – September 20, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder who cut deans hair while he was down there

Comment by archie – September 20, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The person who should have been cutting Sam’s.

Comment by Ina – September 20, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Leonard likes this post.

Comment by Heather – September 20, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hehehehehe

Comment by Ella – September 21, 2012 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Cas mystery begins right off the bat. I wonder why the writers feel compelled to make Cas’ fate a mystery every single time? It’s like he’s the only interesting character left! ;) Dean, you are hiding a lot!

Comment by Kay – September 20, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean’s voice gets deeper and growlier every season.

Comment by Ace – September 20, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cas better be okay. I adore that angel. I’m definitely interested to know what Cas was like in Purgatory. I wonder if he was still the broken Cas, or did he angel up?

Comment by Mikaylah – September 20, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Purgatory would have been an interesting story to follow but of course they’re so out of creative ideas on Supernatural that they skip over the whole thing and we return to same old, same old boys reunite to fight another lame and redundant monster of the week.Well, at least it seems that way, The ghost of Sera Gamble seems to linger.

Comment by dave – September 20, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s already been explained that they’re telling the purgatory story through flashbacks. The season hasn’t even begun yet. Why start judging it at this point?

Comment by Carrie – September 20, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh, go away then. Nobody will miss you.

Comment by Ruby – September 20, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gah, Dean seems broken by what (may have) happened to Cas. I’m sorta tired of broken!Dean. Hope he gets the mojo back to rescue his angel boyfran from Purgatory!

Comment by Katie – September 20, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that I’ve seen this preview I have to say I’m more excited for the premier than I was before. I was a little scared about what they’d do after the disaster that was season 7 but now I’m intrigued. Also I’m slightly terrified for Cas. There’s something Dean isn’t telling Sam and I’m worried that Cas may not be dead but that something worse happened to him in purgatory. God only knows what though. These writers can do things I’d never even dream of

Comment by Sally – September 20, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me, or does it seem like Dean did something to Cas?

And saying he’s gone just means he’ll have a lot of explaining to do when Cas returns.

Comment by Victoria – September 20, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goddammit, Sammy. Just… do me a freaking favour already… and CUT YOUR DAMN HAIR! I miss the hair of season 2 and 3. That was good hair. This… this is not good hair. At all. Hell… I can cut that if you need me too!

Comment by Ashleytv – September 20, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do know that there’s more to Jared Padalecki than his hair, right? He’s not gonna cut his hair. It’s been this way since season 2. It might be time for you to move on now.

Comment by Ruby – September 20, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some of us happen to LOVE Sam’s hair thank you very much.

Comment by Rain – September 21, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His Hair Is Awesome lol.

Comment by adam – September 20, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just in it for the my-brother’s-back-from-the-dead hugs. Peacing back out now. Thanks for the clip!

Comment by Heather – September 20, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “I guess standing too close to exploding Dick will send you straight to purgatory.” AHAHAHA And THIS is why I still watch this show. Maybe their storylines have become redundant, but these boys breathe so much life into this show, I could never, ever let it go. They’ve given me way too much happiness over the years, and everything now is just gravy.

Comment by Ruby – September 20, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooo! I won’t believe it till I see it, Cas can’t be gone! Ohhh man, Dean’s heartbroken face, my HEART. I just…I can’t. He’s really rough around the edges from Purgatory, another outstanding performance by Jensen Ackles. I too think it would have been more interesting to have him and Cas down there for the first few episodes but since they didn’t go that route, I hope they explore the hell out of it in flashbacks. And whatever happens, I truly hope Dean didn’t end up having to kill Castiel in Purgatory. I hope our angel resurfaces topside. And I HOPE, more than anything, that we finally get a Dean/Castiel HUG! We’ve been waiting 4 seasons!

Comment by Ella – September 21, 2012 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, wonderful clip!!! I like the edge to Dean. He’s a little similar to Dean2014, tho not quite as hardened. He’s a tad bit off and tad bit harder. But the vulnerability shows when he talks about Cass. I knew they were going to start off that mystery right off the bat, and I’m really looking forward to the flashbacks and the story unfolding of what happened to Dean and Cass in Purgatory. I am most excited about that! And I can’t wait to see what Purgatory has done to Dean. I think unlike Hell, we won’t see a broken Dean, so much as a ragged edge one. Looking forward to it!

Comment by Mare – September 21, 2012 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God! The Metallicar is back! Oh…and Dean. That’s good too.

Comment by MyReligionIsWhovian – September 21, 2012 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never get tired of Winchester reunions! So happy to see the brothers reunited and back with the car! I sorely missed the Impala last season. And to those who keep complaining about Jared’s hair, I personally love the length this season and I think it suits his face.

Comment by Marie – September 21, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post