Private Practice: Get a Peek at the 100th Episode, Which Alarmed Standards & Practices

Private Practice cast member Caterina Scorsone describes the ABC drama’s 100th outing as “an episode unlike any other.” KaDee Strickland in turn touts it as one that focuses “on the heartbeat of the show” and presents characters “in a new light.”

But it’s what show boss Shonda Rhimes shared about producing the episode, airing Oct. 2, that piques our curiosity. A lot.

VIDEO | Private Practice Season Premiere Sneak Peek: So… Where’s Pete?

“I had some interesting conversations with Broadcast Standards & Practices about what was going to be happening,” Rhimes told TVLine during a press event at the episode’s taping. “There were some heated debates about what we’re doing.”

Wait. What?

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on Private Practice and 46 Other Shows

Make no mistake, these photos — mostly of a “celebration” Addison is hosting — are plenty genteel, which really makes us wonder what’s ultimately at hand. Paul Adelstein teased “regression across the board” during the 100th episode, and Cooper’s wife Charlotte would have it no other way. “Oh, hell to the no,” attests Strickland. “It’s awesome.”

Click the pics and share your theories on what Rhimes & Co. did to rouse Standards & Practices.

1. Jackie says:

Wouldn’t have anything to do with the recent, racy blind item?

2. DT says:

Isn’t this the blind item Mike A. has been hinting at for the past month?

• Sam says:

Exactly my 1st thought when i saw the headline! And we mostly thought it was The Good Wife. But PP is not really a hit show anymore.

• Pearl says:

Actually I dont think that is it. I mean… Would be very strange Matt giving the answer of Ausiello’s blind item… Oo Still thing the blind item is GW.

3. jakewon says:

picture number 3 says Jake won!

4. T. says:

I’m just intrigued by the women’s clothing.

5. Jamie says:

I guess it is just too much to ask for a normal episode. Shonda has to bring the freaking crazy. So over the crazy.

6. kristen says:

Im willing to bet it has something to do with pete being on trial for murder….and the reason behind him no longer being on the show…just a guess

7. Rob says:

Was it violets outfit? That’d do it for me.

8. Engbunny says:

So this is what the blind item was talking about!

• Linderella says:

I was wondering the same thing. I can’t keep up with blind items! Any clues anyone?

• moobear says:

They used the same term about Standards and Practices (the censors), the blind item is either on CBS or ABC, it involves one of the shows more randier couple (an established couple known for kink sounds like Coop/Charlotte), they used pronoun “he” and the other one is wearing a dress so we can assume a hetro couple. I had thought either Scandal or the Good Wife, but I now think I’m wrong, sounds like PP.

9. Did anyone else just DIED of cuteness of the picture of Mason and Lucas? <3

10. Linderella says:

Could it be that Addie is now pregnant?

11. Amanda says:

Wonder why mason looks so upset and sad in that one picture…..

12. PFitzDC says:

How about the implication of a drunken Sam-Addie-Jake three-way? THAT would have Standards & Practices all a-twitter….

13. Ace says:

And why, exactly, is everyone dressed in (what looks to me like) garb for a traditional Indian wedding (or at least TV’s version thereof)?

14. Dawn says:

Please let Jake win!

• Kristen says:

I think I’m the only one still hoping for AddiSam still. They are the original attraction. Sam has been here far too long to get kicked to the side by a guy who JUST joined the cast. No way. Why use all this time to build Addison and Sam up?

15. Allaboutchar says:

Maybe it is just simply the way the show decided to handle death. It looks like they are having a great party with lots of alcohol. Mason is consoling lucas upstairs and understands his grief apparently more than the adults seem to. That might explain the “not so happy look” from Mason. He is still trying to handle the loss of his mom. I read somewhere that coop said he and char would realize how what they do might effect Mason. I can see how a party or “celebration of life”,if not tastefully done, might confuse a child who is grieving.

• Jo says:

I don’t see what everyone else does ~ where does Mason look sad or grieving? One shot he looks ‘indifferent’ to me while he listens to someone speaking to him; and, the other, he and Lucas appear to have fallen asleep on the couch (presumably tired as the adults party on?)

16. Pete says:

It would have been better if Pete was on the 100th episode.

17. Natasha Hagan says:

Love this! Keep up the great work!

18. Louise says:

first thought of title charcoop baby??? anyone else??

19. Tara says:

Violet is probably dreaming of an orgy party in her grief. It’s all Violet’s dream from the sedatives they give her after she finds out Pete died. IMO

20. Tim says:

They’re all dressed up in clothes from the Roman period. Check out the hump in Cooper’s pants in picture three. Well, Sam does look mighty hot in that shirt even to us men folk. Sam is the man!
    I wouldn’t pay any mind to Addison standing next to Jake in the photo. This is some characters fantasy. Shonda mentioned in this episode we will see things from a
    character’s perspective.So whose fantasy is it?

• Allison says:

Doesn’t surprise me if Cooper swings both ways. There’s nothing wrong with it. You can tell by the look in his eyes when Sam enters a room. Cooper gets so excited. I’d love to see him come out of the closet before the series finale.

• Tara says:

To clear things up, it’s the actor who is having the party in his pants in still #3. Cooper’s not supposed to be gay. The actor has feminine mannerisms that come out in Cooper but Cooper is straight and happy with Charlotte. He’s not secretly after Sam. Lol! Poor Charlotte if that were to be the case. She already went through it with her first husband.