Exclusive

Exclusive American Horror Story Video: Kate Mara Takes Viewers Behind the Screams

Even with all of her competition in Murder House, American Horror Story’s Hayden was one sassy little spectre.

And in exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the FX drama’s Season 1 – out on Blu-ray and DVD on Sept. 25 – portrayer Kate Mara offers up some gory details about her part in the Ryan Murphy scarefest.

RELATED | Hot Video: Meet the Denizens of American Horror Story’s Asylum

Press PLAY on the DVD extra below to find out what Mara didn’t know before accepting the role of Ben Harmon’s temptress. And while you’re at it, watch Hayden get her supernatural swerve on and spit up some really disgusting bloody goo. (We said it was gory…)

Also, because we know you’re excited about it, here’s a reminder: AHS’s Season 2, Asylum, bows Oct. 17 on FX.

Loading video...

1. no says:

Couldn’t stand her character in the first season, probably won’t this season.

• jim says:

She’s not in this season. Guess you gotta find something new to complain about

• amanda says:

It takes a great actor to make the audience hate them. I agree, I couldnt stand her character either. However, I sure it was because I felt for Connie Britton’s character and the whole ‘scorned wife’ scenario–not because Kate Mara was bad at her job. So we cant really prejudge here and say ‘I am going to hate her character this year’ (if she jad one) just because the former was bat crap crazy. Dont hate the actor because of the role.

2. tvaddict says:

Hated the character but she was interesting and we loved to hate her!

3. Trace says:

I loved her character. Sure she was a freakin’ psycho, but that’s what made her fun to watch. Besides, the sexiness factor sure didn’t hurt my viewing pleasure.

4. LOVED her on AHS! My favourite character. She was by far the craziest and I loved it.

5. christina says:

She was really good! I enjoyed her character.

6. josie says:

I didnt like her either, but she did do a great job w/ being a crazy lady. My ultimate favorite character was Tate. Dispite his disturbing behavior, i have a crush on him. :)-