Exclusive American Horror Story Video: Kate Mara Takes Viewers Behind the Screams

Get More: DVD, Exclusive, Video

Even with all of her competition in Murder House, American Horror Story’s Hayden was one sassy little spectre.

And in exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the FX drama’s Season 1 – out on Blu-ray and DVD on Sept. 25 – portrayer Kate Mara offers up some gory details about her part in the Ryan Murphy scarefest.

RELATED | Hot Video: Meet the Denizens of American Horror Story’s Asylum

Press PLAY on the DVD extra below to find out what Mara didn’t know before accepting the role of Ben Harmon’s temptress. And while you’re at it, watch Hayden get her supernatural swerve on and spit up some really disgusting bloody goo. (We said it was gory…)

Also, because we know you’re excited about it, here’s a reminder: AHS’s Season 2, Asylum, bows Oct. 17 on FX.

Loading video...

Comments (10)

• Couldn’t stand her character in the first season, probably won’t this season.

Comment by no – September 20, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s not in this season. Guess you gotta find something new to complain about

Comment by jim – September 20, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It takes a great actor to make the audience hate them. I agree, I couldnt stand her character either. However, I sure it was because I felt for Connie Britton’s character and the whole ‘scorned wife’ scenario–not because Kate Mara was bad at her job. So we cant really prejudge here and say ‘I am going to hate her character this year’ (if she jad one) just because the former was bat crap crazy. Dont hate the actor because of the role.

Comment by amanda – September 20, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so well put Amanda. Its the best actors/actresses that make you either love them or hate them!

Comment by Steph Halczenko – September 25, 2012 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hated the character but she was interesting and we loved to hate her!

Comment by tvaddict – September 20, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved her character. Sure she was a freakin’ psycho, but that’s what made her fun to watch. Besides, the sexiness factor sure didn’t hurt my viewing pleasure.

Comment by Trace – September 20, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVED her on AHS! My favourite character. She was by far the craziest and I loved it.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – September 20, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was really good! I enjoyed her character.

Comment by christina – September 21, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didnt like her either, but she did do a great job w/ being a crazy lady. My ultimate favorite character was Tate. Dispite his disturbing behavior, i have a crush on him. :)-

Comment by josie – September 23, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • proof that i’m DEFINITELY not good at picking any winners, I’m with you on adoring Tate lol

Comment by Steph Halczenko – September 25, 2012 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post