Exclusive

Exclusive Office Video: Look Back at 8 Seasons of Dunder Mifflin Fun - Michael Scott Included!

Tearjerker alert! On the eve of The Office‘s ninth and final season premiere, NBC has unveiled an emotional, hilarious and all-around wonderful montage of the comedy that put “That’s what she said!” on the map.

Here, TVLine exclusively debuts the retrospective and offers you some sage advice: Keep your Kleenex — and possibly a loved one — handy while watching.

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of The Office — Plus 45 Other Shows!

From “The Dundies” to “Beach Day” to “Goodbye, Michael,” the three-minute lookback — which leaves no Dunder Mifflin stone unturned — should most certainly achieve its goal of reminding viewers why they’ve long loved the NBC series and won’t want to miss how it all ends in May.

Overall, the German-spouting Dwight Schrute said it best: “That’s not a bad team. Perfectenschlag.”

Press PLAY below to relive The Office‘s standout moments, and don’t forget: The Season 9 premiere airs this Thursday at 9/8c.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Video

1. Brigette says:

This show has been a part of my life for so long. *tears.* It will be hard to say goodbye, but it’s time.

2. Lisa. says:

I’m really going to miss The Office when it ends. It might not be as good as it once was but it still manages to make me laugh and put a smile on my face. That video brought a little tear to my eye!

3. maltru says:

Oh wow, my heart hurts a little after seeing that. The last few seasons may not have been great, but I really have loved this show. It came on right when I was finishing up college and getting out in the real world, dealing with my first office job, and I really connected to it. I’m really going to miss it. I hope Greg Daniels and co. manage to end it on a high note!

4. I’m totally crying…great show to watch from my teens till now

5. That video just made me well up, love this show!

6. Kate says:

crap. i didn’t think that i would be so sad over it ending. i know i will fall apart just like i did on michael’s last episode.

7. Mari says:

I’m gonna miss this show so much. :/

8. Emily says:

This reminded me of all the reasons I love this show.

9. Alex says:

Thank god this show sucks now with out Michael

10. samaxe794 says:

Makes me miss Michael Scott that much more.

11. Mitch Ronayne says:

Nothing wou;d make this show end better than to see Michael Scott’s face one last time.

12. I’m not crying. I just got some paper in my eye.

13. Sara Wagganer says:

I freaking love this show. It’s tied in my top 2 of all time with Seinfeld. So many great moments!

14. Clare says:

IM GREETIN!!!!!

on another note does anyone know what the music is in this clip?

15. Matt says:

Even though the quality has been slipping since Season 6, I still love this show to death. It’s gonna be weird not watching it on Thursdays anymore :( Nine years is pretty impressive though. Not many shows these past few decades have made it that far.

16. Beatriz says:

This is soooo freakingggg sad!! i became such a HUGE fan! I cried and laughed with every one on there :( i looked forward to every episode even now when it’ll be my 3rd time watching it from the very beginning :D The Office will always be my #1 show <3

17. Bryant says:

Anyone know what the music was thats in the background?

18. Diana says:

Made me laugh and get a little teary. I’m going to miss this show.

19. Kristin says:

When I was heartbroken I’d turn on this show and it made me feel so much better. I just love it! I will deeply miss it…had so many great laughs…my friends and I quote it all the time!

20. MDS says:

Where the hell is Toby in this video???

21. Chris McBee says:

Best comedy show ever. Cudos to all the cast and crew for all you did. You made me laugh, you made me cry, you made me happy and you made me shy. Thank you for all that. I will miss you all. One more thing, laughter thru tears is the best!!! I applaud you all.

22. Angela says:

*Wipes eyes* Awwww. What a lovely tribute. Even though it’s best for the show to have this be its last season, it’s still always sad when a show you’ve come to love and enjoy watching decides to end.

23. Carrie says:

Awww…I’m gonna miss this show!

24. JB Smooove says:

Gaaawd damnit, i hate the andy character, i even hate the comdey stylings of ed helms. he sucks butt.

25. Matt says:

It just reminds me of how much that show relied on Carell. It should have ended when he left.

26. joe says:

I never thought I would abandon the show after season 7, I couldnt take it anymore. The whole Andy boss thing is brutal. I will watch the last season though. I watch reruns on netflix every frickin day.

27. Johnny says:

you KNOW Michael is coming back for the finale.

28. Awesome video! I think I was too busy laughing at the funny parts to cry at the sweet parts and the fact that this show is ending. Wasn’t too happy with season 8 but it had its moments and as a loyalist with my TV shows, I will watch this to the end. It’s still a pretty dang good one. And to echo everyone’s statements: Michael Scott better make an appearance before May. Maybe even in the finale?