Fall TV Preview

Exclusive Office Video: Look Back at 8 Seasons of Dunder Mifflin Fun – Michael Scott Included!

Tearjerker alert! On the eve of The Office‘s ninth and final season premiere, NBC has unveiled an emotional, hilarious and all-around wonderful montage of the comedy that put “That’s what she said!” on the map.

Here, TVLine exclusively debuts the retrospective and offers you some sage advice: Keep your Kleenex — and possibly a loved one — handy while watching.

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of The Office — Plus 45 Other Shows!

From “The Dundies” to “Beach Day” to “Goodbye, Michael,” the three-minute lookback — which leaves no Dunder Mifflin stone unturned — should most certainly achieve its goal of reminding viewers why they’ve long loved the NBC series and won’t want to miss how it all ends in May.

Overall, the German-spouting Dwight Schrute said it best: “That’s not a bad team. Perfectenschlag.”

Press PLAY below to relive The Office‘s standout moments, and don’t forget: The Season 9 premiere airs this Thursday at 9/8c.

Tags: ,

Comments (32)

• This show has been a part of my life for so long. *tears.* It will be hard to say goodbye, but it’s time.

Comment by Brigette – September 19, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with everything.

Comment by whatevs – September 19, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here.. i used to watch the repeat at 7pm every night, but for some reason Comcast in Boston replaced it.. bah humbug

Comment by rebecca – September 19, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really going to miss The Office when it ends. It might not be as good as it once was but it still manages to make me laugh and put a smile on my face. That video brought a little tear to my eye!

Comment by Lisa. – September 19, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow, my heart hurts a little after seeing that. The last few seasons may not have been great, but I really have loved this show. It came on right when I was finishing up college and getting out in the real world, dealing with my first office job, and I really connected to it. I’m really going to miss it. I hope Greg Daniels and co. manage to end it on a high note!

Comment by maltru – September 19, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m totally crying…great show to watch from my teens till now

Comment by Kris Bennett (@krys723) – September 19, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That video just made me well up, love this show!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – September 19, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • crap. i didn’t think that i would be so sad over it ending. i know i will fall apart just like i did on michael’s last episode.

Comment by Kate – September 19, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna miss this show so much. :/

Comment by Mari – September 19, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This reminded me of all the reasons I love this show.

Comment by Emily – September 19, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god this show sucks now with out Michael

Comment by Alex – September 19, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Makes me miss Michael Scott that much more.

Comment by samaxe794 – September 19, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing wou;d make this show end better than to see Michael Scott’s face one last time.

Comment by Mitch Ronayne – September 19, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not crying. I just got some paper in my eye.

Comment by Ricardo Alleyne – September 19, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I freaking love this show. It’s tied in my top 2 of all time with Seinfeld. So many great moments!

Comment by Sara Wagganer – September 19, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IM GREETIN!!!!!

on another note does anyone know what the music is in this clip?

Comment by Clare – September 19, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though the quality has been slipping since Season 6, I still love this show to death. It’s gonna be weird not watching it on Thursdays anymore :( Nine years is pretty impressive though. Not many shows these past few decades have made it that far.

Comment by Matt – September 19, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is soooo freakingggg sad!! i became such a HUGE fan! I cried and laughed with every one on there :( i looked forward to every episode even now when it’ll be my 3rd time watching it from the very beginning :D The Office will always be my #1 show <3

Comment by Beatriz – September 19, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone know what the music was thats in the background?

Comment by Bryant – September 19, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Made me laugh and get a little teary. I’m going to miss this show.

Comment by Diana – September 19, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I was heartbroken I’d turn on this show and it made me feel so much better. I just love it! I will deeply miss it…had so many great laughs…my friends and I quote it all the time!

Comment by Kristin – September 19, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the hell is Toby in this video???

Comment by MDS – September 19, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no love for toby

Comment by Wil Ishere – September 19, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best comedy show ever. Cudos to all the cast and crew for all you did. You made me laugh, you made me cry, you made me happy and you made me shy. Thank you for all that. I will miss you all. One more thing, laughter thru tears is the best!!! I applaud you all.

Comment by Chris McBee – September 19, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Wipes eyes* Awwww. What a lovely tribute. Even though it’s best for the show to have this be its last season, it’s still always sad when a show you’ve come to love and enjoy watching decides to end.

Comment by Angela – September 19, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww…I’m gonna miss this show!

Comment by Carrie – September 19, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on I'm not lost, just undiscovered.

Comment by Patsy – September 19, 2012 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gaaawd damnit, i hate the andy character, i even hate the comdey stylings of ed helms. he sucks butt.

Comment by JB Smooove – September 20, 2012 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It just reminds me of how much that show relied on Carell. It should have ended when he left.

Comment by Matt – September 20, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never thought I would abandon the show after season 7, I couldnt take it anymore. The whole Andy boss thing is brutal. I will watch the last season though. I watch reruns on netflix every frickin day.

Comment by joe – September 20, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you KNOW Michael is coming back for the finale.

Comment by Johnny – September 20, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome video! I think I was too busy laughing at the funny parts to cry at the sweet parts and the fact that this show is ending. Wasn’t too happy with season 8 but it had its moments and as a loyalist with my TV shows, I will watch this to the end. It’s still a pretty dang good one. And to echo everyone’s statements: Michael Scott better make an appearance before May. Maybe even in the finale?

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – September 23, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post