Royal Pains Scoop: December Movie to Feature Paige and Evan's Wedding -- and Jill's Back!

Royal Pains fans, you’re cordially invited to a winter wedding.

The USA drama will celebrate Evan and Paige’s nuptials in a two-hour movie airing in December. Even better: The episode also will include the return of Jill Flint as Jill Casey. (You’ll recall that the character left earlier this season to do medical work in Africa.)

In addition to the merry matrimony and bachelor and bachelorette trips that somehow both wind up in Vegas, a series of flashbacks will give us a glimpse of the Lawson brothers’ lives before they hit the Hamptons — including how Hank’s first love (guest star Emma Caulfield) and other experiences turned him into the man he is today.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on 47 Shows

But this wouldn’t be HankMed if there weren’t some kind of calamity looming: A snowstorm bearing down on the Hamptons threatens to turn Paige and Evan’s big day into an absolute horror story. (It is winter in the Northeast, after all.)

Royal Pains‘ Season 4 finale airs tonight at 9/8c.  The holiday special, “Off-Season Greetings,” is scheduled to air Sunday, Dec. 16 at 9/8c on USA Network.

1. Ally says:

This two-hour special is a cool idea!
    But seriously, Jill’s back? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….

2. Doc755 says:

Yeah Jill’s back. I loved and hated the “logic” behind writing her out. Although I have to say I really like his current love interest

3. Jack Wahl says:

Good Deal!

4. William says:

Is that a series finale movie?

5. awesome! it’ll be like when psych and monk had holiday specials.

6. Nancy says:

Sadly I don’t think Jill will be staying. And unless she and Hank get married i don’t see any reason for the writers to bring her back again. I just don’t. I agree that the reasons for writing her out make NO sense!

7. Hooray for Evan and Paige’s wedding! I love them together. I really hated Jill with Hank but I liked her on the show. I’m still on the fence about his current love interest but I still like her waaaaay better than Jill or Christine.

8. Jenn says:

YAY Jill is back…I actually stopped watching after she left. It’s just not Royal Pains without Jill. Whenever she comes back I’ll watch!

• Kasper F. Nielsen says:

You’re missing out. Writing her out actually brought some life back in the show (I was sad she left too). The reasons for dragging out her departure was making less and less sense, so this actually brought some relief.

• Nancy says:

Well you may feel that way. But many don’t agree. The show is actually worse now that she is gone. It’s gotten too much like Burn Notice. I like Burn Notice but not on Royal Pains.

• Nancy says:

I too stopped watching after she left. Many people say that that is stupid but without Jill the show is missing something. She was Divya’s friend, she and hank were great together and she brought a calmness to the Hamptons. She showed us that there are more then just rich folks out there who need help.

9. DramaMomma says:

I am so glad that writers/producers kept Even and Paige together. So much better than the original hints that Evan would get with Divya.

10. Bryan says:

Any reason for more JILL FLINT on tv is damn fine with me!

Cannot wait to see Jill next month on the Good Wife as FBI Agent hottie Lana Delaney in the new season on Oct 14.

11. koko says:

I prefere Hank with Harper she’s so cute! and Jill is like old aunt or something like that

12. Kelly says:

I am glad Jill’s back. I kinda wanted Evan with Divya but mostly I’m excited for anything that centers on Evan/Hank. I love the brother relationship the most.

13. leah_bh says:

I stopped watching when jill left. i got sick of the show. I don’t miss it. hopefully Jill Flint gets a fulltime job on a show worthy of her

14. Danielle H says:

I thought I’d miss Jill, but unlike alot of the other commenters I don’t really at all.
    I didn’t know this was going to be a movie, so I’m stoked!
    Royal Pains is a guilty pleasure.. sometimes I push it to the back of my dvr for weeks and then catch up and remember why I love it.
    I also realllllllly want to see Jeremiah and Divya together. SO CUTE! Divya/Rafa is uber annoying at the moment w/ how Divya is acting.
    My only semi complaint is that the season finale was a let down. Felt like a normal, even sub par ep.

15. Ella says:

Frankly, I am sick of this show. The most entertaining thing about it was Evan and Divya’s sparktastic relationship in season 1 but following Evan’s relationship with Paige (who is so sugary, she makes my teeth hurt) and Divya turning into an grade A bitch, that entire idea that they built up went to hell.

16. Nancy says:

Anyone find it strange how vague they are being about Jill?They say “The return of Jill” but that is all? I mean is she coming back only for the wedding or is she back for good? If she is just back for the two hour movie then why not just say so? I don’t want to get my hopes up that she is returning for good though.

17. AthenaLiebe says:

I love the whole 2 hr long movie idea!

I agree with Kelly and Ella above about Evan and Divya.
    Though i like Paige,i still want Evan and Divya.During the first and second seasons,it was hinted in almost every episode that Evan and Divya would hook up.But after the second season,they(the producers of the show)made it pretty clear that Evan and Paige are made for each other.I hate them.

“A snowstorm bearing down on the Hamptons threatens to turn Paige and Evan’s big day into an absolute horror story”. Does this mean that Evan and Paige aren’t getting married and we Divyan fans have a chance of seeing Evan and Divya together like a couple??

I love this show.Glad Jill is coming back.

18. Luis says:

Nice of Jill to come home for the wedding, but is any mention going to be made of the explosion at Shadow Pond?

19. Mia says:

Uuuuuugghhhh…Paige is soooo sweet that unless they do anything about it, people at the wedding are surely getting diabetes….especially Evan….he looked so good with Divya, it was the whole antithesis in them not to mention the beautiful sparks they had…and now ha has ended up with miniature willy wonks factory!!! Why?! Just why?!!!!