Royal Pains Scoop: December Movie to Feature Paige and Evan's Wedding — and Jill's Back!

Royal Pains fans, you’re cordially invited to a winter wedding.

The USA drama will celebrate Evan and Paige’s nuptials in a two-hour movie airing in December. Even better: The episode also will include the return of Jill Flint as Jill Casey. (You’ll recall that the character left earlier this season to do medical work in Africa.)

In addition to the merry matrimony and bachelor and bachelorette trips that somehow both wind up in Vegas, a series of flashbacks will give us a glimpse of the Lawson brothers’ lives before they hit the Hamptons — including how Hank’s first love (guest star Emma Caulfield) and other experiences turned him into the man he is today.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on 47 Shows

But this wouldn’t be HankMed if there weren’t some kind of calamity looming: A snowstorm bearing down on the Hamptons threatens to turn Paige and Evan’s big day into an absolute horror story. (It is winter in the Northeast, after all.)

Royal Pains‘ Season 4 finale airs tonight at 9/8c.  The holiday special, “Off-Season Greetings,” is scheduled to air Sunday, Dec. 16 at 9/8c on USA Network.

Comments (26)

• This two-hour special is a cool idea!
    But seriously, Jill’s back? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….

Comment by Ally – September 19, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah Jill’s back. I loved and hated the “logic” behind writing her out. Although I have to say I really like his current love interest

Comment by Doc755 – September 19, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, his Hank’s new girl is cute. I approve.

Comment by L – September 20, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Deal!

Comment by Jack Wahl – September 19, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that a series finale movie?

Comment by William – September 19, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome! it’ll be like when psych and monk had holiday specials.

Comment by Jenna Vento (@jvento) – September 19, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sadly I don’t think Jill will be staying. And unless she and Hank get married i don’t see any reason for the writers to bring her back again. I just don’t. I agree that the reasons for writing her out make NO sense!

Comment by Nancy – September 19, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for Evan and Paige’s wedding! I love them together. I really hated Jill with Hank but I liked her on the show. I’m still on the fence about his current love interest but I still like her waaaaay better than Jill or Christine.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – September 19, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY Jill is back…I actually stopped watching after she left. It’s just not Royal Pains without Jill. Whenever she comes back I’ll watch!

Comment by Jenn – September 19, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re missing out. Writing her out actually brought some life back in the show (I was sad she left too). The reasons for dragging out her departure was making less and less sense, so this actually brought some relief.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – September 19, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well you may feel that way. But many don’t agree. The show is actually worse now that she is gone. It’s gotten too much like Burn Notice. I like Burn Notice but not on Royal Pains.

Comment by Nancy – September 19, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too stopped watching after she left. Many people say that that is stupid but without Jill the show is missing something. She was Divya’s friend, she and hank were great together and she brought a calmness to the Hamptons. She showed us that there are more then just rich folks out there who need help.

Comment by Nancy – September 19, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad that writers/producers kept Even and Paige together. So much better than the original hints that Evan would get with Divya.

Comment by DramaMomma – September 19, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any reason for more JILL FLINT on tv is damn fine with me!

Cannot wait to see Jill next month on the Good Wife as FBI Agent hottie Lana Delaney in the new season on Oct 14.

Comment by Bryan – September 19, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefere Hank with Harper she’s so cute! and Jill is like old aunt or something like that

Comment by koko – September 20, 2012 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad Jill’s back. I kinda wanted Evan with Divya but mostly I’m excited for anything that centers on Evan/Hank. I love the brother relationship the most.

Comment by Kelly – September 20, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you on Jill returning and i like Evan with Divya too.So much better than Evan-Paige,Divya-Raj,Divya-Adam and the reecnt Divya-Rafa or whatever his name is.

Comment by AthenaLiebe – September 28, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching when jill left. i got sick of the show. I don’t miss it. hopefully Jill Flint gets a fulltime job on a show worthy of her

Comment by leah_bh – September 20, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought I’d miss Jill, but unlike alot of the other commenters I don’t really at all.
    I didn’t know this was going to be a movie, so I’m stoked!
    Royal Pains is a guilty pleasure.. sometimes I push it to the back of my dvr for weeks and then catch up and remember why I love it.
    I also realllllllly want to see Jeremiah and Divya together. SO CUTE! Divya/Rafa is uber annoying at the moment w/ how Divya is acting.
    My only semi complaint is that the season finale was a let down. Felt like a normal, even sub par ep.

Comment by Danielle H – September 20, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frankly, I am sick of this show. The most entertaining thing about it was Evan and Divya’s sparktastic relationship in season 1 but following Evan’s relationship with Paige (who is so sugary, she makes my teeth hurt) and Divya turning into an grade A bitch, that entire idea that they built up went to hell.

Comment by Ella – September 21, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Paige as a character but i don’t like her around Evan.I mean Evan looks perfect with Divya.They should hook up.

Comment by AthenaLiebe – September 28, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone find it strange how vague they are being about Jill?They say “The return of Jill” but that is all? I mean is she coming back only for the wedding or is she back for good? If she is just back for the two hour movie then why not just say so? I don’t want to get my hopes up that she is returning for good though.

Comment by Nancy – September 21, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the whole 2 hr long movie idea!

I agree with Kelly and Ella above about Evan and Divya.
    Though i like Paige,i still want Evan and Divya.During the first and second seasons,it was hinted in almost every episode that Evan and Divya would hook up.But after the second season,they(the producers of the show)made it pretty clear that Evan and Paige are made for each other.I hate them.

“A snowstorm bearing down on the Hamptons threatens to turn Paige and Evan’s big day into an absolute horror story”. Does this mean that Evan and Paige aren’t getting married and we Divyan fans have a chance of seeing Evan and Divya together like a couple??

I love this show.Glad Jill is coming back.

Comment by AthenaLiebe – September 28, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice of Jill to come home for the wedding, but is any mention going to be made of the explosion at Shadow Pond?

Comment by Luis – November 19, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She didn’t come back! What the hell was that about?

Comment by Nancy – December 20, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uuuuuugghhhh…Paige is soooo sweet that unless they do anything about it, people at the wedding are surely getting diabetes….especially Evan….he looked so good with Divya, it was the whole antithesis in them not to mention the beautiful sparks they had…and now ha has ended up with miniature willy wonks factory!!! Why?! Just why?!!!!

Comment by Mia – December 15, 2012 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post