Private Practice Sneak Peek: So... Where's Pete?

Remember how ABC’s Private Practice left off in May, with Pete getting arrested for the “murder” of a dying patient?

And remember how it was reported just weeks after that finale that Tim Daly would not be returning to the role of Pete come Season 6?

Yeah… that leaves the medical drama to do some fancy footwork as it enters its upcoming at-least-13-episodes run, premiering Tuesday, Sept. 25.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on Private Practice and 46 Other Shows

In this preview clip from the season opener, you’ll see that while Pete may be out of sight, he’s definitely very much on everyone’s mind — especially that of his in-denial sweetheart Violet. (As Amy Brenneman shared with TVLine, it’s “a brave new world” ahead for Violet and son Lucas as the new season unspools.)

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on a Private Practice Mystery Woman

Loading video...

1. Hojana says:

No Tim Daly? Good Bye Private Practice. You started out fabulously but then i don’t know what happened.

• lauren cook says:

The demise of the show started when Naomi left. Girlfriends rule #1. No cheating with your best friend’s ex! I deleted the timer for this show on my DVR. RIP to Private Practice.

2. Mare says:

it’s weird that SHonda didn’t forgot about her depatures! Just like she forgot George and Izzie, Berk, Erica etc etc! Usually they disappear and goodbye let’s see how long will Pete be in her memory!?

• Shonda remembers her departures. When Burke left – Cristina dealt with it. George was just talked about in the last season’s finale and Izzie was an element of the show even when she left (the divorce papers and then during the shooting Alex wanted Izzie)

3. jean says:

Euh sorry, George was killed off so not forgotten and the actress who plays Izzie chose NOT to return when she was suppose to. Erica was a useless character but she was given a send off. Dont know what the heck your rambling about. I am also mad that Pete is not returning. let’s hope he will be there on the series finale.

• j says:

Well, George was forgotten for most of that season and THEN killed off.

• Max says:

Um, Erica was not a useless character, and she was most certainly not given a send off. She was let go from the show without advanced noticed because of ABC exec backlash over her relationship with Callie. Go back and look at the interviews with Brooke Smith. She was pissed.

4. Bob says:

Shonda Rhimes is a hack.

5. cas says:

I am on Season 4 of PP now, and I am very disappointed to learn that Pete will not be in Season 6. He’s my favorite, well after Cooper and Charlotte. I am on the fence about Amelia because sometimes she seems so childish but I am starting to like her more. I feel that you can not wrap up the series with Pete being in jail. That is just wrong.

6. Kristina says:

Stupid decision to let Tim Daly go. This show went in the crapper a while ago, but that’s definitely the last straw for me. Bleh.

7. susela says:

Well, it’s only got thirteen episodes left, anyway. It won’t continue without Addison. I guess I’ll watch the first episode to see whether it’s Sam or Jake, and then I’m outta here.

• lauren cook says:

I agree! I am crossing off this show. I loved Pete and his relationship with Violet. I guess Kate Walsh ran out of guys to sleep with!

8. Sandris says:

Where’s Pete? I don’t care. The Pete and Violet storyline last season was ridiculous. Pete is an ass. I don’t care about his character at all. I don’t see why Violet still cares for him either. As much as I like Addison (which is why I followed her to Private Practice, and have kept watching until now), I am done with the show.

• Could care less about pete either…I think he’s an ass too…I love Amelia and am fed up with POOR Addison….she completely annoys me. Are we sure they have just the 13 weeks left? Is there any hope of renewal after that?

9. broncfanwa says:

shoulda got rid of Violet and kept Pete.

• Allaboutchar says:

I agree, violet should have been the one to go. I am still hoping she runs away to another country with pete and maybe starts a free clinic. No real rules in most of these small countries so Pete should fit in nicely. I love PPP but am so ready to move away from Pete, violet, Addie, and Sam. I am hoping that if Addie chooses Sam, and I think she will, that the wedding plans don’t take up too much time. I am selfish and want the possible last 13 to be primarily about Charcoop, my all time favorite couple.

10. Amlang says:

Let’s face facts and call a spade a spade, shall we? KaDee Strickland, who plays Charlotte, is the one interesting thing on that show. In the beginning they also had Chris Lowell (Del) and Audra McDonald (Naomi), but ever since those two left the show has sunk to new lows in quality and relevance. The addition of Benjamin Bratt to the cast was the ultimate nail in its coffin.

11. sherknd says:

If that preview scene of Addison getting a phone call isnt about Mark, then Shonda made a big mistake. This show is a “spin off” of Greys, and to have something as big as the plane crash happen and Dereks sister or ex wife doesnt mention it, then something isnt right. We will see I guess…