Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Elena Has a Very Rude, Undead Awakening

Wakey wakey, vamp Elena! The CW has released a clip from the much anticipated Season 4 premiere of The Vampire Diaries, and it presents a rude awakening for our heroine.

FALL PREVIEW | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Vampire Diaries — Plus 46 Other Shows!

Naturally, the selfless Elena is more concerned about Matt than herself as Stefan tells her about the car accident. Then reality begins to dawn on her as she asks, “How did you…?”

“Save you?” a very angry Damon interjects. “He didn’t.”

Press PLAY to watch as Elena learns about her new, no-longer-living state, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

The Vampire Diaries returns Thursday, Oct. 11 at 8/7c.

1. Raven64 says:

Fang-tastic clip!!! Can’t wait!!!!

2. Roni says:

AHHHHHHH This season is going to be interesting!!!

3. tjj50 says:

CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!

4. Babybop says:

Can’t wait! Hope they find some loophole that gets Elena out of being a vampire. I feel bad for her!

5. loved the clip but it all it did was make the wait that much longer!!!
    OCT 11 WHY U NO GET HERE SOONER?!?!?! *starts to cry*

6. Kristen says:

Oct. 11 still seems so far away!

7. wrstlgirl says:

I’m hoping that becoming a vampire will cure her of her constant whining. I find myself FF most of her scenes depending on who’s onscreen with her.

8. Lena says:

SO EXCITED. This was the right move at the right time for this great show, and they’re going to pull this off so well, I just know it! And I just took notice of something Stefan said…Damon is Elena’s sire! I find that awesome

• Paris says:

Yes Damons Blood turned Elena into the one thing she never wanted to become. That’s true love…NOT!

Elena made her choice move and it was Stefan!

• bruceeff says:

While I agree about the insignificance of the blood, you’re loopy if you think Elena/Stefan is going to stick. I would be very surprised if the writers haven’t purposely dismantled that relationship by the season 4 finale.

• wrstlgirl says:

I wish they would dismantle it or fix it, one or the other. All this back and forth is exhausting and honestly I don’t even care anymore. I watch the show for most of the other characters now. The Elena/Stefan/Damon triangle is boring IMO.

• A says:

More importantly, Elena and Stefan are just boring

• JULES says:

In YOUR opinion. I like them together and hope they get the triangle over with already. Yes, I know that was the premise of the show but that can change after 3 years. It needs to change. Put Damon with someone who actually knows she wants him.

• J says:

@Paris: but Damon didn’t want to turn her. All the promos clearly show that he’s pissed at Stephan for saving Matt and not her. Damon’s TRUE LOVE wanted what she wanted and now he’s mad that she didn’t get it.

• bruceeff says:

The specifics of who turns who doesn’t seem to mean much on this show. I don’t see what’s so good about it.

9. Martin says:

I’m glad they revealed that it was Damons’ blood, was really wondering whose blood turned her. At least now we know that all of the Originals except for Klaus can die and all of our guys will still be okay, don’t want them to die though, but glad that that was revealed and sooner rather than later.

10. Susy says:

I cannot wait to see season 4!!! It is going to sizzle-OMG!!!!!

11. hazem says:

OMG that’s amazing

12. Lourdes says:

The cast is so brilliant! This scene could be lame exposition, but all of the actors brought the intensity to a fever pitch. Can’t wait for Oct 11th!

13. onlyakb says:

great scene!! can’t wait!!

14. J says:

I doubt they’ll do this, but it would be awesome if they did make something out of the Damon as her sire thing. It would really complicate her decision to choose stephan if she were somehow connected or bonded to Damon through his blood. They could make it connect somehow to her status as the doppelgänger. And they could say that the reason Katherine wasn’t affected by her sire was because she was never “activated” magically as the doppelgänger. (okay, so I know that sounds like fanfic, but it would be a cool storyline…)

15. floxy says:

Elena’s turning to a vampire is pathetic….I really feel for her because that wasn’t her wish.
    Although itz gonna b interesting, canttttttttt waiiiiiittttt!!!!

16. Alex ;D says:

DAMMONNNNNN<33333333333
    Why can't Elena choose him already? Shes wasting her time.
    Everyone knows shes gonna end up with him <3
    Nobody likes Stefan anyways :|
    Stupid Edward Cullen wannabe .-.

17. delena all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!