Gossip Girl Hot Shots Answer Burning Serena Question! Plus: Why's Chuck Miffed at Blair?

The big mystery at the center of Gossip Girl‘s season premiere — Where’s Serena been all summer?! — appears to be solved: She’s been hanging out with Matt Camden!

The CW has released fresh stills from the departing soap’s Oct. 8 opener, and, as that recent promo made pretty clear, Blair and her fellow Scoobies have tracked down their MIA pal at some fancy soiree where it appears S and a new gentleman caller (played by 7th Heaven‘s Barry Watson) are about to tie the knot.

RELATED | Hundreds of Fresh Spoilers on Your Favorite Returning Shows — Gossip Girl Included!

But is it really a wedding? And, if so, will Serena go through with it? Flip through the gallery below for clues. Also, what’s with the serious-looking ‘Chair’ pic? And did Dan not get the memo about the dress code?

1. Janet Snakehole says:

“Chair” is plotting something. As usual.

2. Stay says:

This season really gives me something to hope for. These small infos screenShots are making it seem really interesting.
    Hopefully it will be a good Season and it ends in a good way!

3. Lorena says:

1.I love Blair’s necklace
    2.How many weight lost Penn?

• Stay says:

he lost 10 pounds when he cut that awful hair! ;) now he looks sexy again ;)
      he definitly did a little work on himself, the packs the abs etc. . .

4. Jess says:

I like the stills,nothing new though.We’ve seen these scenes on the promo.Love the Chuck & Blair,Nate/Georgina & the Serena/Steve pictures

5. Elyse says:

Chacr Crawford couldn’t be more perfect in these <3 love him.

6. Allie says:

I don’t think Chuck is “miffed” at Blair, I think that’s just his “I’m thinking really hard about boning you right now” stare, haha.

7. Emily says:

I don’t think Chuck is mad, I think this is the scene where Blair says she’s all in and Chuck replies “And my bet’s on us.” They’re probably just worried about Serena and wondering whether to tell people they are 2gether 4ever now.

8. Aoife says:

Is it wrong to kinda want Dan and Serena back together….?

9. Marika says:

Lmao Dan looks so out of place. And Serena looks beautiful!

10. The title of this article reminds me of that post going around on tumblr (EVERYONE: you look angry. ME: this is just my face.)

Anyway, we already see part of the scene in that photo in one of the promos. It doesn’t look like Chuck is miffed, it just looks like a serious scene.

11. ggny says:

i love them all together. the series should end that way

12. shakirah says:

Chuck is not miffed nd I just can’t wait for this season its gonna be hot nd serena looks as beautiful as ever nd also blake nd what’s. With dan dressing

13. Will says:

I love the amount of Georgina goodness in those photos. She’s the only reason why I’m even tuning into S6.

14. Mick says:

I do wonder who Dan will end up with if it’s not Serena, Blair, or Vanessa. He deserves a happy ending too.

• Will says:

I would love for Dan to be endgame with Vanessa. Even if the show ends with the two repairing their friendship then I would be perfectly ok with it. She was the only one who gave a damn about Dan and his long term interests.

But I doubt that’ll happen since the writers are obsessed with Derena. At this point their relationship makes absolutely no sense at all. They’re damaged beyond repair yet Savage & Co. cling to it just because of what they had in S1. Ugh…

15. Kristina says:

So far what I’m mostly wondering is why is Dan even there looking for Serena after the events of the season finale?

16. Lena says:

Don’t care about this show, but LOL at chuck’s hair. Ok I’m done.

17. holly says:

chuck is back to his 1st season style LOVE IT !

18. What I love about these pictures is that they are all in scenes together this season instead of a gazillion different story lines at once like the last couple of seasons. I am still confused how they just patched up the previous season finale and how, since they all hated each other at the end, they are all able to be in each others company again. Or is this another case of bad consistency of writing, either way i hope this season is dramatic and. Also my predictions after season 1 were at the end of the show there is no way the tragic characters (Serena and Chuck) can both have a happy, I predicted one of them would be killed in a car crash right at the end or something like that, which is what Ed himself has said at various point throughout the series so who knows!

19. Kaycee says:

I love Serena when she’s a hot mess and causing trouble. My favourite parts of Gossip Girl is when the group band together and take out a threat (Georgina, Juliet, Jenny, Vanessa)

Although I hope Nate/Serena get together! c’mon, she was his first and the two had great chemistry. Dan/Serena haven’t worked the entire 10+ times they’ve tried to be a couple.

20. Sarah says:

Thank you very much for the photos!!. I am very excited for Chuck and Blair, they will finally be together!!. I’m so happy!.