Fall TV Preview

Good Wife Hot Shots: Peter's in Trouble (Again)

Whether The Good Wifes Alicia decides to reunite with her husband is a mystery that will only be answered when the CBS drama returns for Season 4 on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 9/8c. But if the following sneak peek at Episode 3 is any indication, she may have good reason to stay away.

FALL PREVIEW | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of The Good Wife — Plus 46 Other Shows!

It seems the allegedly reformed State Attorney is back to his old ways. “Alicia braces herself when she learns that Peter may get caught up in a new scandal,” reads the official description.

Elsewhere, Rita Wilson’s Viola Walsh is once again on the opposite side of the courtroom from Lockhart Gardner.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (19)

• It seems that Cary being at L&G again just means that he’ll spend season 4 being Will’s and Alicia’s third chair. Besides this I have still no idea what’s up with him in those first three episodes. O yes, he wants to have a calm spirit to him.

Comment by Lucy – September 17, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunally it’s exactly what I feared when they did bring him at L&G in that lowkey way. At SA office he was “the” antagonist, in season 2 at least. But now at L&G will they be able to turn him into a major player even with Will and Alicia around? Kings didn’t say anything about how they’ll fit Cary into L&G and I think there’s high chances that Cary will spend all the time being Alicia’s second chair or just helping on cases or babysitting Howard. And that’s not something I look forward to.

Comment by Pat – September 18, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you read almost every single summary for season 4 you had to conclude that it will be all about Kalinda and her husband: that’s the only thing Kings keep talking about. And why did they waste so many time with that Cary and Kalinda thing if they didn’t want to further it? It was just a waste of Cary’s character and Matt Czuchry’s time. And that season I bet he once again is doomed to be sidelined because eveyone will be too busy gushing over Kalinda’s sex life storyline to care about his “new sides” and his calm spirit.

Comment by Lucy – September 18, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Methinks thy scripts doth imitate life (and peoples’ LEGAL identities) much too much for thy scripts to be COMPLETELY fictional. Dettweiler, I never did receive the scripts to edit…talk to MarsI (NJ). Seems a little too Kassoff-ish to me to be any network other than ABC.

Comment by travelpammy1 – September 17, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love the Good Wife but mostly stopped watching when they decided to steer Alicia away from Will and toward Peter – it’s just too hard to support a female protagonist who is that stupid!

Comment by Caro – September 17, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She never did that.

Comment by Alexandre Leal – September 17, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never felt they tried to steer Alicia towards Peter again. I mean he is the father of her children.

Comment by Jared – September 17, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter is stupid but this means that we can see more alicia and will! ;)

Comment by jay – September 17, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Peter having a new scandal just means more Alicia/Peter as what happens to him directly affects her.

Comment by Ethan – September 17, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the realistic struggle Alicia is going through. Peter is the father of her children and the man she spent over a decade happily with, its hard to get over all of that (all the memories) especially when she has to deal with him on a constant basis.
    While I do want her to pick Will (or someone else who isn’t Peter in the end), I am enjoying the way the story is being told.

Comment by mia – September 17, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am totally Team Peter. Chris Noth looks hot in that one pic.

Comment by nikki – September 17, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • #likethis. Mr. Big forever!

Comment by Diane – September 17, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree. NO chemistry with Will!

Comment by heather – September 19, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like that she is torn…it’s realistic. Peter is the father of her children….and not a horrible guy. He made bad choices. Pius they never really explored why he had the affairs with Amber Madison and Kalinda… As for Will, he comes with some drama as well…not big on commitment, some corruption in his past which is affecting his present and future–plus he’s her boss. I’m Team Alicia, she’s a smart character and I have no doubt that the writers have great twists up their sleeve for her. If she doesn’t end up with either one of them…that’s okay too.

Comment by Chris – September 18, 2012 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with your comments… Alicia has still not divorced Peter but the couple have never really worked on saving their marriage…would be great to see that…otherwise it seems silly that Alicia has hung on this long..Peter should make more of an effort as well.

Comment by Tvdramamare – September 18, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks like season 4 will about “Again” but bigger.

Comment by Pat – September 18, 2012 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Peter is a selfish azzhole!

Alicia is MUCH MORE HAPPIER with Will, I am so disgusted the Kings never gave them a chance. Sex buddies for half a season….REALLY, after a 2 year build up. Their friendship and strong connection deserved so much more than that! If she goes back to Peter to fake a marriage just for his governership! I’m going to ABC’s Revenge!

Comment by thatgirlp – September 18, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder what the new scandel will be??? Maybe another prostitute scandel? But I really hope that Peter and Alicia get back together!!!!!

Comment by Matthew Cousins – October 11, 2012 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about dear old Alicia screwing around in the 700$ hotel suite with Will ! Plus does anyone remember the cell phone call that Grace overheard where Alicia told Will that back in law school he wouldn’t have last a week. Well thats about how long the affair lasted before the guilt trip set in, she knows what will happen if the kids find out.

Comment by Josey Girl – October 14, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post