Glee Preview Video: Brittany Delivers a Sexy 'Hold It Against Me' in 'Britney 2.0'

She may not have had the grades to pass 12th grade the first time around, but Brittany S. Pearce (Heather Morris) certainly gets an A+ when it comes to busting a move. Indeed, in the following clip from Episode 2 of Glee‘s fourth season (airing Thursday, 9/8c on Fox), the fifth-year Cheerio leads what might be the most sexually provocative bit of choreography since New Directions tackled Salt-n-Pepa’s “Push It” back in Season 1.

RELATED | Glee Season Premiere Recap: Vexed in the City

Brittany’s cover of “Hold It Against Me” comes from “Britney 2.0,” Glee‘s second episode devoted to the music and magic of pop diva Britney Spears. There’s flying air blades, there’s wayward hip-thrusting, and there’s even newcomer Kitty (Becca Tobin) who may or may not be doing her best Eve Harrington impression. The McKinley High football field may never be the same again.

VIDEO | Glee Cast Talks New Romance, Old Rivalries and Dark Twists: ‘I Die This Year’

Excited about another Britney-themed installment of Glee? Like what you’re seeing from Brittany in “Hold It Against Me”? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Jim Sullivan says:

Get a camera and stay on her for pete’s sake.

2. Jared says:

HeMo is the fiercest dancer I’ve ever seen!!!! #fire

• beej says:

Watching the “Glee: Live” movie on cable recently showed me that she really has the moves and training. Not the fiercest dancer I’ve ever seen, but I was quite impressed none the less.

3. beej says:

“Sexually Provocative”? THAT??? meh. I swear I’ve seen racier stuff on Glee than that since Season 1.

• Sil says:

Agreed! So far this season the hype of the recent song and dance scenes has gone overboard. Way over exaggerated in the so-called sexy or hot. Glee had more sexy and hot performances in season 1 than the show has had since then.

4. Charles says:

Love Glee, but can we please get away from the frantic camera movements during impressive choreoghraphed dance numbers. It is getting me a head ache. Case in point the high, spinning camera during the football field bit. Otherwise, love you Brittany/Heather. You can move, and you do rock hard!

• wordsmith says:

Agree. They definitely went a little bit overboard with the camera work on this one. Also, I’ve always thought this was one of Britney’s lamer singles.

• Sil says:

Glee has done this technique since season 2 during dance numbers. I get headache and dizzy watching some of their performances through spinning camera movements.

5. MyReligionIsWhovian says:

I really wish we could get rid of this ‘kitty’ bitch.

6. Ana says:

Very tamed compared to the original Britney episode. All in all, underwhelming. I hope the rest of the epi is better, otherwise it’s been a lot of hype for nothing. And I agree that all the camera movement is a pain. Can’t really enjoy the dancing because you can’t really focus on anything. They need to stop doing this, especially with the big group numbers. Heather is a fantastic dancer but it’s hard to even follow her with all the camera action.

• Sil says:

Glee has always said they want to showcase Heather’s dancing talent. But the editing and filming scenes in a rapid motion affect is distracting and not enjoyable to watch.

7. Audrey says:

I’d be eternally grateful if you started posting videos viewers from outside USA are actually able to watch.

8. zoot says:

I have been out of High School for many years…are those things they are twirling the “new” drill team props? It looks like they are shaped for drill team. When I was in school they used real gun props.

• NIna says:

They’re airblades. They dont count as equipment, like rifles, flags or sabres, but they’re used more as a sort of prop in routines.
      The twirlers are colorguard members of WGI (Winter Guard International), who do commonly spin rifle. The airblades were likely a suggestion of the show.

9. ALF says:

The erratic camera work is done to cover up the lack of continuity in choreography as it is obviously done in different takes, and also to hide lack of polish of the dance moves.