A&E Renews The Glades for Season 4

Get More: News, Renewals

The Glades Season 4It looks like we will hear Callie’s answer to Jim’s marriage proposal after all.

A&E has renewed The Glades for Season 4, the cabler announced on Wednesday. Production on the new run — of 13 episodes — will begin this fall, to premiere next year.

RELATED | A&E Orders Psycho-Inspired Bates Motel Series From Lost Boss Carlton Cuse

Factoring in Live+7 DVR data, The Glades‘ Season 3 averaged 4.1 million total viewers per episode — up 5 percent from its sophomore run.

RELATED | A&E’s Longmire Will Saddle Up for a Second Season

The Glades, paired with the new hit drama Longmire, made A&E the most-watched ad-supported cable network on Sunday nights this summer.

Are you glad about The Glades? And what do you think Callie’s answer will be?

Tags: ,

Comments (358)

• Exactly when will the new season start?

Comment by stadalberts – March 23, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Callie – she’s a doll – and hope she says yes to proposal and she goes back to Glades – they are good with each other and it adds to the show LOVE THE SHOW – hope we see it for a dozen years – LONGMIRE TOO – as far a Jennifer – he was just TOO HOT as a cop – Broke one of the ten commandmenst on that one – Good chemistry with present staff – can’t wait for them to return

Comment by Garry – March 29, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Garry Great post. Callie is a pretty little doll and and Jen is a hot sexy glamour girl. Would somebody please SHOOT me. Hope we get some news of return date. Also love Longmire!

Comment by Dory – March 29, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love this show. It should get a LOT MORE PROMOTION from the network. STIRAGE WARS is not good TV.

Callie is a great character. She is a strong woman and a survivor. They would be great together.

Comment by JJ5306 – March 30, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is taking a ridiculously long time to get Season 4 to the viewers….like me. I’ve been jonesing for Matt Passmore for a year now. What the heck is taking so long????

Comment by Cass – March 31, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THE GLADES always premieres in June or July. Without fail.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 31, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I enjoy the show for being a mindless sort of time stealer Callie’s character is completely off base with her being a nurse and going to medical school. Who ever you are paying to help make this portrayal realistic may as well have sold you the Brooklyn Bridge. The further the season moved along the worse it became and may have convinced me that the show is no longer palatable. I do truly enjoy Jim as a character, though.

Comment by Trish – March 31, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband & I love the show. One small change could be made & that would be to make Callie a strong independent women, but still be with Jim. Don’t have her be so needy.

Comment by Monica – April 2, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need more Callie!

Comment by Ed – April 5, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love The Glades and very elated it is coming back. However, I agree with everyone, I like Callie, but then again I don’t…..Something about her I like, but she does whine ALOT. I would like to see her character become very strong and sexier. She is a pretty girl but some of the other vixens on the show make her look feeble and homely. Give Callie a makeover and maybe most of the viewers will like her better. Maybe I should beg and say, PLEASE give Callie a makeover and make her much stronger!

Comment by Kim – April 5, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HOMELY? Get a grip.

Comment by Dory – April 6, 2013 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Jim and Callie story! It makes so much sense for them to be together, they make a great couple. Jennifer is not suited for Jim- she is a flirt.

Comment by Joey – April 6, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love to see JIM & JENNIFER getting into more serious phase of r/ship…..

Comment by Tim – April 7, 2013 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We don’t know yet what will happen summer of 13. Just a few comments: I have seen Miss Cole on other dramas. She was very good. That plus her exposure on Glades leads me to believe she will get an offer she can’t refuse. Of course she is beautiful. She has great reps,seems a nice person in real life. The Callie/Jim marriage ? Who knows? Those little devils may string it out for tension. A necessary ingredient in any drama. Hope whatever they do it will be done with a modicum of class. Do I like C/J together? YES! I also realize some resolution has to come to the relationship. Looks like a couple of months before we know. While we’re dealing with the realm of the impossible: I’d love a date with Rick Castle at Le Cirque. Your odds are better!!!LOL

Comment by Dory – April 7, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Read on tv line Taylor Cole will return to Super Natural. Saw a couple reruns and she was much more suitable as an art dealer than a cop. She and the Sam character were so cute together. Great. A place for everyone. Not into the ghost or vampire thing but its very popular now.

Comment by Dory – April 15, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show I can’t for season four and please she better marry JIM

Comment by Myrlene janvier – April 8, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaaaay! Terrific show!

Comment by Jim – April 8, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show I have never thought of Callie as Whiny but if she is she has been threw a lot and should sometimes have the right to evey now and then and I love Jim and Callie together I also like the direction the show is going and can’t wait to see what Callie says I think she will have to think about it for a couple of days before she makes up her mind but in the end I think and hope she says yes. Can’t wait till it comes back on

Comment by Izzysc – April 8, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t want to give wrong info but I checked twice. A&E has Glades & Longmire premiere date as May 27 13. Anyone know? That’s a Monday Memorial day. Correct if wrong.

Comment by Dory – April 10, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whats the date of return, we are all anxiously waiting. A whole year is way to long to wait for this romance to start. All you who are unhappy, go watch something else and let love enter our happy sunday nights. Trudie

Comment by Trudie Sheak – April 13, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Can’t wait for it to come back on!!

Comment by Tami – April 15, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy The Glades is coming back!! This show is my summertime guilty pleasure, love it!!

Comment by Bree – April 17, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has anyone noticed what a Superwoman Callie is? She is a full time nurse. She works part time for the police. She is studying to be a doctor (aren’t med school students full time). She’s a full time single mom. And she still has time to cheat on her husband.

Comment by David parks – April 17, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Knowing the Glades and Matt (Jim) OoooLaaLaaa is coming back again this summer is the only thing getting me through chemo…. I would not even care if there was no dialogue – I could just look at him for an hour every week (although listening to him banter is wonderful) – but I really wish we could get more than 13 episodes – please please add more next year – this show is too good to scrimp on – Love you Matt and everyone on the show (except Jennifer) – Still neck deep in snow in Alberta and pushing 64

Comment by Ripley – April 18, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ripley Wondered why I didn’t hear from you. What ever the problem is i have a feeling you will beat it. With wonderful medical advances and your obvious fighting spirit I know you will prevail. So good to hear from you. Please stay in touch. The best Dory

Comment by Dory – April 18, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We are happy to here The Glades will be back. I hope Callie says yes.

Comment by Sylvia – April 22, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE The Glades. I especially LOVE Jim and Carlos. I love the witty banter and the humor. Jim’s unconventional methods are fantastic and make the team that much greater. Can’t wait for season four!!
    Not sure how the proposal is going to go since Callie just finished saying how she’s enjoying being on her feet alone…. as long as the show continues, I’m happy!!

Comment by Ashley – April 23, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! I absolutely love The Glades Cally better say yes I love Jim and he’s head over heels for that girl!!:)

Comment by Brianna Fair – April 29, 2013 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having watched since the first episode I am very glad that the show will return for a 4th season. The Jim and Callie dynamic is excellent but I would like her to ask for some time before answering the big question if for nothing else but to keep the show going for longer. There is so much crap on Tv that when a good show is on I would like to keep it on! This show and Bones are my favourite long may they continue

Comment by Lisa – April 30, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m another fan ecstatic that THE GLADES is coming back. Personally I don’t recall Callie as being whiney at all. A little wishy washy for a min there when it came to her ex-husband but she was torn by being happy herself or making her son happy. Anyway, I hope she gets a chance to do all she aspires to do and says yes to Jim. As for Jennifer, if I were Callie I would yank that fake hair off her head and throw her into the ‘glades. Carlos can put back together what the gators spit out ……… Haahahahaha I know this is just another soap opera but all the previous nasty lil comments got me going. Caio.

Comment by Elena – May 1, 2013 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I TOTALLY agree with you. I can’t wait – 26 more days and counting.

Comment by Ripley – May 1, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been traveling but happy to return to Tv Line and see such positive comments

Comment by Dory – May 2, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still waiting to find out the exact date of the return! Anyone really know when Glades is coming back? Thanks. Trudie

Comment by Trudie Sheak – May 7, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Glades comes back to us on Monday, May 27 8/9 followed by Longmire. Yeah !!!!!
      Love you Jim Longworth – you are adorable.

Comment by Ripley – May 7, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am super excited the Glades is coming back. I love the Callie-Jim- Jennifer situation, but as a single mom myself I’m rooting for Callie. I think the relatioship her character and Jim have is deeper and more meaningful than the pure sexual attraction that is all he has

Comment by Winter's Eden – May 13, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This am reruns of season 3. Wow! Casting Manus & the Bc as contemporaries. At least 20 yrs difference. What an insult to a very attractive mature lady. Hope they treat her with more respect in season 4. Love to see her personal life.

Comment by Dory – May 17, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t wait for the day to end – Going to re-watch Season 1 tomorrow, Season 2 Sunday, re-runs I am pvr-ing now and wait very impatiently for Mon May 27 to watch show 1 of season 4 – it’s going to be a Jim Longworth weekend – what better way than to spend May rainy long weekend – blissful in Alberta

Comment by Ripley – May 17, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ripley Your devotion to Jim & cast is contagious. Look forward to your opinion on season 4 premiere.

Comment by Dory – May 23, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the update on Glades return. Just heard I missed a complete marathon on it the other day. Why isn’t this show promoted more and advertised? All the other networks are promoting their fall shows but nothing with the Glades. No wonder we have to wait a whole year to find out if its ever renewed or coming back. Lets give it the promotion it needs. I also agree with the statements earlier about the crap that is on A&E now. It stinks. Trudie

Comment by Trudie Sheak – May 18, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe there is another marathon on Fri or Sat May 24/25 – check your local TV schedule – I did Season 1 & 2 on the weekend and will do Season 3 I pvr’d this week and wait impatiently for Mon May 27 – OMG – he is so sweet

Comment by Ripley – May 22, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great the whiney bitch said yes.

Comment by James – May 27, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Check out the peeps around you (and yourself) and see how much whining is actually in your own life. It’s everywhere !!

Comment by Ripley – May 29, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Isn’t he charming? He’s on the Marilu Henner board saying Callie should be “killed off”. Disagreeing on a character is normal. This guy is scary

Comment by Dory – May 29, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Dory – nothing scares me – I’m too old – I personally love Callie and Jim together – how did you like the first show this season – yeah Callie – so far I’ve only watched it 3 times but it’s only Wed – !!!!
          Ripley

Comment by Ripley – May 29, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ripley, I,m no kid either. i meant scary in the sense of the personality that would express itself inthat way. Yes I love Callie & Jim together. I liked the 1st ep and ended up loving it. I had tears when Callie said YES. I always enjoy your posts. Keep them coming

Comment by Dory – May 29, 2013 01:42 PM PDT
  • HURRAH FOR SEASON FOUR. LOVE JIM AND CALLIE. LET HER HELP HIM SOLVE CASES ONCE IN A WHILE. ALSO, BRING MIRANDA BACK ONCE IN A WHILE. I ALREADY WANT SEASON FIVE.

Comment by Maxine Friedman – June 7, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As usual a good post. I’d also like to see Miranda once in a while. Looks like a great season.

Comment by Dory – June 7, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IF JIM AND CALLIE GET MARRIED, I HOPE THE SHOW STAYS ON FOR A FIFTH SEASON. THEY ARE GREAT TOGETHER AND THE SHOW CAN STILL BE GOOD IF THEY ARE MARRIED. PLEASE KEEP THE SHOW ON. IT IS MY FAVORITE AND THEY ARE MY FAVORITE COUPLE. I LOVE IT.

Comment by MAX – June 23, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the glades best show ever

Comment by Shannon – July 2, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven,t been on the glades post for a long time. Yesterday I took a quick check on A&E and read that Carlos will be directing next season and the wedding will not take place this season. OKAY. Here we go again. I have been watching the show on Mon nite. Seems good

Comment by Dory – July 13, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Glades show and all the characters and actors. My husband and I watched it for the first time in the summer of 2012. It was like our little date night each week to watch the Glades followed by Longmire. My husband was dying of cancer and went to God in November 2012. Now every Monday night I pretend he is laying beside me while we watch our two favorite shows. I beg A&E to never cancel either of these shows, it holds wonderful memories for me.

Comment by Linda S – July 16, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Det. Tigertail working with Det. Longworth at the Substation for Season 5. They made one heckuva Detective Team. They were a lot alike. I would also like to see Jeff and his new girlfriend continue their relationship in Season 5.

Comment by Harley – July 16, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree on those points as well but mainly just want to see a Season 5 – finally got my S3 from Amazon yesterday – can’t believe A&E is not selling it on line – what gives anyway !!! I also can’t believe that this season is almost over – OMG it is going by way tooooo fast !!!
      Please make S5 much much longer !!! like all winter….

Comment by Ripley Quinn – July 17, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would stop watching if Callie was not it in no longer

Comment by someplaceusa40@yahoo.com – July 28, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep Jim and Callie together. Also, don’t let anything happen to her or Jeff because of Ray, the idiot. Callie has to find out what is going on with them. Don’t let her career get ruined because it was a mistake by the writers to let her give Darious the shot. She would never have done that without checking records because she is too dedicated to medicine. Jim’s parents are great too. Keep them in and lets have a fifth season.

Comment by Max – August 6, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree great post. Just a few comments. What I dislike on a&e. Dog, Storage wars, 48 hrs, Barter Kings, (YUCK). Storage Wars (idiots). What I like & enjoy Glades, Longmire,Duck Dynasty sometimes. Recently involved with Castle. Great show on ABC. I like that the gals on Longmire are naturally good looking. Callie & Jim together. Callie is more natural than some of their “guest stars” with 20 lbs of makeup. With limited tv time I don’t want depressing or stupid. Best to all I like. May they have many seasons more.

Comment by Dory – August 25, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANNOT believe y’all will leave us hanging on till June of 2014. We need to see what happens before then. Please do not let Jim die. Callie and Jim make the show.

Comment by Ava – August 27, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THE GLADES has not been renewed for 2014 (yet). This article is about the season that just finished.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 27, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG – I can’t believe that ending – I had 4 scenarios made up and they weren’t even close to what happened. Now we have nearly a year to wait and see what happens …. providing they renew for next season – I will join the mutiny if it is not renewed – summer isn’t complete without Jim but I could suffer through a full season in the winter if I had to – much rather have 26 eps than just a piddlin’ 13 —- what about it A&E – get rid of some storage wars and give us more Jim.
        Not looking to a very long very cold Alberta winter without Jim (except on my DVDs).

Comment by Ripley – August 28, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad to see that The Glades has been picked up for another season. I think the cast is perfect the way it is and they all work off of each other so well, I think if they get rid of any of the main characters even Daniel, the show would really suffer. I’m guess ing Callie will say yes.

Comment by Gary – August 27, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can”t believe they take shows like The Glades off the air and air reality shows. the reality shows are so fake bring the Glade back I love jim and callie

Comment by Brenda Wilson – September 12, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe now some questions will be answered. Like it really matters.

Comment by Dory – September 16, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so, will there be a Season 5? I would like to petition A & E to continue The Glades.

Comment by Williamson – September 17, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post