A&E Renews The Glades for Season 4

Get More: News, Renewals

The Glades Season 4It looks like we will hear Callie’s answer to Jim’s marriage proposal after all.

A&E has renewed The Glades for Season 4, the cabler announced on Wednesday. Production on the new run — of 13 episodes — will begin this fall, to premiere next year.

RELATED | A&E Orders Psycho-Inspired Bates Motel Series From Lost Boss Carlton Cuse

Factoring in Live+7 DVR data, The Glades‘ Season 3 averaged 4.1 million total viewers per episode — up 5 percent from its sophomore run.

RELATED | A&E’s Longmire Will Saddle Up for a Second Season

The Glades, paired with the new hit drama Longmire, made A&E the most-watched ad-supported cable network on Sunday nights this summer.

Are you glad about The Glades? And what do you think Callie’s answer will be?

Tags: ,

Comments (358)

• Very glad for season 4. Also would like to have Callie work with Jim again, they worked well together.

Comment by Gwen – October 19, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show I hope she say yes

Comment by Jack – October 20, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and all of the characters. Callie andJim should stay together and work through problems they will have. I also want to see more of the doctor and the assistant. Please let Callie say “yes” to Jim and go from there.

Comment by Pat Philpot – October 22, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Jim and Callie’s chemistry but they need a new medical consultant for the show if they keep Callie’s character, the writers have NO clue about medical students and doctors. I know of NO attendings who would go to a student’s apartment and tell them their board results were in! Pure fantasy and many more goofy happenings of the same ilk. Season 3 had a serious case of T&A and underdeveloped female characters (particularly Jennifer Starke who was treated as a weak plot device and mere window dressing), the other policewomen were totally peripheral. Matt Passmore is a strong enough lead to play off a good ensemble cast and they should build on this. Michelle Hurd is great and they should give her character more back story. Things are getting a little too soap-opera and the series needs to go back to its roots, which basically felt like Carl Hiassen characters and plot lines.

Comment by Trashaddict – October 24, 2012 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am ready for more of THE GLADES!

Comment by Kim – October 28, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great show. Love it ! ! Callie needs to say yes. Keep her and Jim together forever

Comment by SRG – October 29, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and totally love callie and Jim together it wouldn’t be a great show if they weren’t together. That other lady needs to go and I wish tv would stop cancelling great shows. Get rid of all those reality series shows who gives a crap about Kate plus 8 and all those others there dumb.

Comment by trish – October 30, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim and callie are perfect for each other they worked so hard to be together and I hope she says yes to him. Please don’t get rid of her she’s great

Comment by trish – October 30, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah callie needs to go… she is so annoying!

Comment by james – October 31, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad “The Glades” is being renewed ….. love that show !!

Comment by Eva – November 2, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they take Callie off the show I will not watch the show I love Callie and Jim’s relationship its more to true life than a partner like Jinnifer looking like a modle instead of a real cop would like to see Junnifer to stay off the show.

Comment by marty – November 3, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad the show was renewed I thought last season was better than season 2 I hope Callie stays in Atlanta All she does is whine

Comment by cardinal748 – November 5, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for it to start. I hope Callie says “Yes”. But what is the date?

Comment by Betty Searcy Schaedel – November 9, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THE SHOW. I have seen all 3 seasons cant wait for season 4 i would like Jim & callie to stay together but i think she will say no for now, i agree she should be more visible & have a more positive attitude, whatever happens i will be watching & waiting for a season 5. LOve Carlos give him more air time.

Comment by jeanne – November 9, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks A&E for renewing this great show. It is refreshing, funny and such a great show for Sunday evenings. Keep up the good work and bring Glades back soon as possible.

Comment by nancy – November 9, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Callie should says yes! I love Callie

Comment by Peggy – November 11, 2012 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love sexy Jim & Callie’s relationship, hope she says yes!! Well written show with great humor! Love sarcastic humor!

Comment by Lori – November 13, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show. Watched from start.

Comment by Judi – November 14, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show. Jim and Callie have so much chemistry, She needs to come back and work with Jim and Carlos on the cases. Their a great team and couple.

Comment by Peggy – November 15, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I would watch without Callie.

Comment by Ken – November 16, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve seen Callie off-screen, talking with Matt, and the chemistry between them is great. I like them both a lot. Jennifer could not be more improbable as a cop and she’s the one I’ll be glad to see the last of. Be fair, kids. Callie is just divorced from a beyond difficult marriage and is trying to succeed in a demanding career to make a better life for her son and herself. She doesn’t have the time for a relationship right now and I think she’s going to say not now; it seems inevitable to me. But if the relationship ends because of her answer, I’ll be very surprised. I think it adds a lot to the show, even if it isn’t always smooth. What relationship is?

Comment by Peggy B – November 17, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also love this show and I love Callie and Jim. I think that they are great together even if some of the fans feel that Callie is so needy. I think the relationship is working! I hope Callie accepts Jim’s proposal but I hope they wait to be married. There is still much that can happen during the waiting time. I think they have a pretty good relationship but….who knows. I like Callie’s character and there could still be some confusion there. Love the case – all members!

Comment by JoAnne Edwards – November 19, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great its coming back. Writers please let her say yes. I have watched every episode and Callie and Jim have such great chemistry. Its great that a show lets the human side and chemistry work for their story line. Couldnt stand Jennifer. Please dont let me down
    I would hate to stop watching such a great show.

Comment by Evan – November 20, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love this show and Jim & callie together. I hope she says YES!!!!

Comment by staneen – November 26, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, to all you Callie haters, I happen to LOVE her and the entire show and its cast!!! I am of the opinion that many don’t like her simply because they are jealous that she gets to be the love interest of Jim!!! Of course, he is VERY sexy and adorable, but . . . seriously, it’s just a TV show!!! It is put on TV for our entertainment ~ SO, either watch it and enjoy it, OR, move on to a different show that you DO enjoy!!!

Comment by VeeCat – December 1, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. I think I love your opinion because I couldn’t have said it better.

Comment by Dory – December 1, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I like Callie, but I do hope that they do not screw it up by Jim and her getting more entangled than they are already.

Comment by Tony – December 4, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Though, I am glad to see Jennifer leaving. Too many times she was dressed inappropriate for her role (looked more dressed for a night on the town, than working on the streets, unless she was working the streets. :) )

Comment by Tony – December 4, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL. Well put. Exactly!!

Comment by Peggy B – December 4, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am an avid Callie fan, however I do agree with some part of the above comments. Entangled is a good word. Let them take it slowly. Callie gets her Doctorate, Jim get promoted to captain, Jeff prepare for college and OMG expand the roles of Colleen and Daniel. Enough with the glamour girls. (at least give it a one season rest). Thanks for all your intelligent comments. The Callie bashers can go on with their hateful comments. I think she will prevail.

Comment by Dory – December 4, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • .Good luck for IV Season.I sincerely hope Kiele Sanchez be a part of the cast too

Comment by bina – December 6, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite show on tv

Comment by mike long – December 6, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to see the show Glades come back I hope Callie says yes to jim. I would like to see more Carlos and family. I would like to see more of Daniel and him to have a girlfriend . I would like to see Jeff start dating Carlos daughter

Comment by Robin – December 6, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RE: Daniel & Jeff, GREAT idea Robin.

Comment by Dory – December 6, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she will say yes. I disagree about no more relationship stuff because I think that is what made the show different from other procedural cop shows, well that and no one says semen every 5 mins.

Comment by Tim – December 9, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Jennifer comes back I won’t be watching. That was a terrible idea to bring in her character. UGH! I want Callie to say yes and move back to Miami to be with her hunky man, Jim. He’s so adorable..just love him!

Comment by Kat – December 12, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Glades was picked up. Here’s hoping Callie says “NO!” but for some reason, the producers of the show actually think they belong together. Boy anyone in their right mind would have walked away from her awhile ago. She just isn’t worth the effort. However, at least there are other people to pick up her slack

Comment by Irene – December 13, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVEE The Gladed, I Like How Its Not Dull And Boring, Jims Wittfulness And His Humor Is Great. i Dont Know What People Are Talking About Buuut I LOVE CALLIE . And She Should STAY On The Show. I Thinl She Is Going To Say Yes ! I Will Be PIST If She Says No .

Comment by renee – December 15, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show and Jim and Callie together.
    Excited to have it back on. Please make more shows. Didn’t care for Longmire.

Comment by sandy – December 15, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy it’s back!!! whatever your opinion may be good or bad we still all want to see what’s going to happen :)

Comment by lizzy – December 15, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show and do like Jim and Callie’s character. I too, would like to see Callie involved in the cases with Jim. Seems like this is the time of complicated relationships too. I didn’t care for Sam’s character, she was too flighty, and Jennifer’s character didn’t dress for investigations. I didn’t see the lesbian flirting, when was that? All the comments were pretty interesting, to see everyone’s opinion. Whatever happens, I’d like to see the show keep going and that it is exciting!

Comment by J Hanan – December 16, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with your comments. Does anyone think that it growup time in Palm Glades. This little town is not Hollyweird. In season 2 it seemed like someone was having a mid-life crisis. Season 3 a little better. Callie & Jim are not the quarterback and captain of the cheerleaders. They are mature people. Actors, in their personal life can do or act anyway they want but. Problems in their relationship? Of course. There are always problems. Work them out or get rid of the relationship. What is this lesbian thing all of a sudden there was never any evidence of that. Oh yes folks 40 is midlife unless you expect to live to 100.

Comment by Dory – March 18, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad its coming back Love Callie they fit she needs help to settle and He has the need to help

Comment by Ursula Howard – December 17, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind Callie it be cool to keep her around but she should refuse the proposal and Jim and Jennifer should hit it off , that would make it awkward and more interesting for an already great show!!!!

Comment by JJ – December 20, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HAPPEN TO LOVE CALLIE AND I HOPE SHE SAYS YES AND IF UR A TRUE FAN U CAN CLEARLY SEE THE AWSOME CHEMISTRY BETWWN CALLIE AND JIM AND WHAT WOMEN AINT WINEY WHEN SHE WANTS HER WAY

Comment by KELLY – December 21, 2012 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh stop it people. I like Callie. And am looking forward to “The Glades” return!

Comment by Tami Hunter – December 24, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fallow and Jim ooze chemistry. And she doesn’t whine. I really am happy this series is getting renewed. Great story lines and fleshed out characters.

Comment by rick – December 25, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really surprised at the conversation. I too like Callie but I recall, maybe I’m wrong, Callie telling her friend, for once, she was doing something on her own and how satisfying it was. To accept the proposal would put that flash of independence in jeopardy. I think the writers have her saying no….maybe a tease to be recantd later in the season, who knows, but I think she’ll say no!

Comment by Brad – December 26, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for season 4 to start. I happen to like Callie and I am hoping that she will say “YES”.

Comment by Betty Searcy Schaedel – December 26, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with the people that want callie back she is the right person for Jim. People love running in to things and don’t take their time in any show u can’t wait for them to fall i;n love. Go team CALLIE

Comment by keisha – December 26, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesss, Callie will should say.\YESSS. going back to season one where the Sidekick predicted his wife would be from tamrack i hoping that they are going to live to that.

Comment by nataha – December 27, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Callie is going to continue to “be around”, she and Jim need to be working together. That was the best part of the pairing.

Comment by Catherine – December 30, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear that Glades will be back for another season. I’m looking forward to Jim & Callie’s wedding. They make a darling couple !!

Comment by Amy – January 3, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show and Kallie Jim toghether hope she says yes. Why are people such haters of a single mom storyline?

Comment by Teresa – January 3, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t think it is that people hate a single-mom story line as much as some people just don’t warm up to Callie’s character. I liked her best when she and Jim worked cases together.

Comment by Catherine – January 4, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope she says no. I would love the show if she weren’t on it. She is a whiner and I keep hoping Jim will wise up and find someone who is better for him.

Comment by Terry – January 4, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Glades.I love Jim and Callie together. I hope Callie says yes.
    Thanks for bringing back the Glades. I have watched every episode. I hope it stays on for a long time.

Comment by Janie – January 4, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post