The CW Buys High School Monster Drama from Gossip Girl Producers

The CW Copeland PrepTake Season 1-era Blair Waldorf on her worst day and cross her with a chupacabra, and you’ve got a sense of what the creative minds behind Gossip Girl and Twilight have in store for The CW.

The network has ordered a script for Copeland Prep, a drama about a private high school so competitive it turns its students into actual monsters, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on Gossip Girl and 46 Other Shows

Gossip Girl EPs Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage will co-executive produce along with Brett Easton Ellis (American Psycho), who’ll also write the pilot. Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke will serve as executive consultant.

In addition to Gossip Girl — which begins its final season on Monday, Oct. 8 — Schwartz’s Fake Empire is also behind the network’s Hart of Dixie, Carrie Diaries and Cult.

1. iMember says:

The CW is becoming “The Schwartz Network” The CW should really try and take new ideas from, oh I don’t know, other show creators and producers maybe? Try and broaden their spectrum a bit?

2. Peeta says:

Sounds stupid but Brett Easton is such a great writer. I think they won’t leave the high school dramas aside…

• Olivia says:

Well, The CW is plagued with them starting with GG and 90210. I think they should think of a show that will keep the exhighschoolers who watched GG with something new.
      I mean, the other ‘aristocratic’ and ‘money fuelled’ show is Revenge.

3. itsmemartu says:

I love Stephanie Savage’s work, but I will never forgive her for letting other people ruin Gossip Girl.

4. zan says:

Just when I thought the CW was easing its way out of the High School shows, but it’s still really early, this show mostlikley won’t make to our screens.

5. Josh says:

Yeah there is no way this getting greenlight. Brett Easton Ellis writing a tv show is going to be WAY to messed up for network tv haha

6. Ram510 says:

They need to quit with the high school drama and graduate already

7. Sara says:

2 annoying people plus one homophobe and Twilight person all involved in this show? Yeah, I think I’ll be passing on it

8. Hojana says:

No thanks CW, had enough of this crap

9. JT says:

LOLOLOL

what .

10. Mike says:

Sounds a lot like Teen Wolf

• iMember says:

That’s an insult, because Teen Wolf is actually an amazing television series and its premise is not even similar to this. “Private High School so competitive that it turns its students into actual monsters?” Yeah, that’s not Teen Wolf.

11. Emily says:

Definitely had to read the article paragraph again to make sure I read it right. I think I still read it wrong.

12. Mary says:

Ok while I think the plot sounds stupid I do like Josh Schwartz, so I’m tempted to give it a try.

13. Kevin says:

This sounds like possibly the worst thing ever. This premise takes everything terrible about pop culture from the last five years and mashes it together under the direction of people who are either personality hated or are notorious for churning out crap.

14. EX GF pics says:

i got a pov of the super hot pamela in 1080p HD?

go to my channel.

15. Mad Hobbit says:

what is the cw age demographic? last teen show i watched was BTVS,maybe a cost cutting move have them all in high school shows buy a defunt school and cheap set costs

16. charissa29 says:

Seriously?! Why don’t you just rebroadcast Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Buffy was better written than anything that Schwartz and Savage can come up with. Plus Buffy has the added benefit of cult status and a proven ability to connect teen problems to monster scenarios. Besides Buffy ran for 7 years so you don’t have to worry about the quality diminishing drastically after two years; which is something you have to worry about with S and S as that is their M.O.

17. elliebh99 says: