Exclusive

Exclusive: Bones Enlists Army Wives Actor Brian McNamara For Season 8 Guest Stint

Brian McNamara BonesArmy Wives star Brian McNamara will guest star in an upcoming Season 8 episode of Bones, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PREVIEW | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Bones — Plus 46 Other Shows!

McNamara will play a Steve Irwin-type pet expo proprietor named Eric Neibling. When one of his day laborers is found murdered, Neibling’s secret side business — importing endangered species for sale — is exposed, making him a prime suspect.

Exec producer Stephen Nathan hopes the episode brings to light the “horrifying” reality that “there are more tigers as pets in Texas than there are in the wild.”

Bones returns to Fox on Monday, Sept. 17 at 8/7c.

1. taran63 says:

Didn’t Castle already do an episode of this where Castle and Beckett were handcuffed together?

• Mia says:

And what it has to do with what is said above ??

• Elizabeth says:

Pretty sure Bones and Castle are two different shows. Last time I checked.

• taran63 says:

And I’m sure that the episode will be entertaining. Bones and Castle are two of my favorite shows. I was referring to his comment about “bringing to light the horrifying reality” about pet tigers in Texas. As if no show has ever touched on this before, when I’ve just seen something about this.

I’m sure I’ll love the episode, especially since I’m really looking forward to new episodes of Bones after the wait, and last season’s ending. I just dislike some of the comments I hear from Bones execs, and this one came across to me as a little to high-handed, as if they were offering up some ground-breaking truths.

I’m probably just reading too much into it. Sorry if I came across as too snarky.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

It works both ways…Castle is doing an episode this where Castle is suspected of murder, possibly framed just after Bones did the same thing. The basics may be the same but that’s really it. Marlowe has his stories to tell, Hanson has his stories to tell

• taran63 says:

That’s true, shows do copy ideas from each other, and I have no problem with that. That wasn’t my issue.

Though to be fair, Castle (the show) has had Castle (the character) as a suspect before, since Beckett arrested Castle as a murder suspect before in one of the season premieres.

2. aaron says:

yes they did and it was a great episode as I’m sure this will be too for BONES.

3. Amanda says:

I will always think of him as Luke’s gay dad from The OC.

4. Makes the war against dog breeds seem ridiculous doesn’t it? I mean, it’s illegal to own a pitbull but not a tiger. Stupid.