Fall TV Preview

Joel McHale: My Sons of Anarchy Con Man Is 'The Best Character the Show's Ever Had!'

Move over, Jax: Joel McHale is headed to Sons of Anarchy in Season 5, and he thinks his con man character is exactly what Charming’s been missing.

“He’s probably the best character this show’s ever had,” the Community star deadpans in the latest installment of FX’s web series Before the Anarchy. “My performance should bring this whole thing to a screeching halt.”

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Sons of Anarchy — Plus 45 Other Shows!

Take a peek below for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at guest star McHale getting down and bloody with the Sons. And don’t forget: Sons of Anarchy‘s fifth season launches this Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 10/9c.

Comments (8)

• Is he going to be a guest star? Recurring character? Series regular?

Comment by laura – September 8, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Recurring for a few episodes.

Comment by Balaji K – September 8, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love you, Joel, but Chuckie has prosthetic fingers and cooks cephalic chili so…

Comment by Mina – September 8, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW, is he ever looking good!
    I’m not very familiar with this show, looks like I’ll have to do some quick catching up. I can’t wait to see these episodes he’s in, they look like they’ll be quite interesting! Thanks for the video, really enjoyed seeing that.

Comment by Angela – September 8, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy it’s back in 3 days!!

Comment by Shaun – September 8, 2012 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not the face! Dear god, please don’t hurt his pretty face!

Comment by Dean Pelton – September 8, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think McHale will be great as a con man — the perfect snide smile for a sleazy character. since The Soup is one of my favorite programs, along with Sons of Anarchy, I really look forward to his appearance.

Comment by Elwood P. Dowd – October 10, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess they couldn’t afford Ryan Seacrest.

Comment by William – October 17, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post