Fall TV Preview

Private Practice Teaser: Addison's (In)decision

“I’m not going to wait anymore.”

That’s the ultimatum given by one of the men in Addison’s life as, in this promo for the Season 6 premiere of ABC’s Private Practice, we watch the good doc wrestle with the dilemma of “Sam? Or Jake?”

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on Private Practice and 45 Other Shows

Addison of course in the Season 5 finale was on the brink of somethin’-somethin’ with Jake, just as Sam got on bended knee and proposed to the new mom. Ad’s current assessment of the sitch, per this promo, is summed up in three words. Press PLAY to see what they are — and then vote in the poll below.

Comments (46)

• I love the fact that when a woman doesn’t choose either guy in a love triangle it will forever be known as a “Kelly Taylor” :)

Comment by George – September 8, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i have my preference about the 2 men, but i have to bet 100$, i put them on none of them, i think bet she will choose herself…

Comment by samnaomie – September 8, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um no. She will choose her baby.

Comment by Russ – September 9, 2012 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addy needs to forget about Sam and Jake and run off with Mark Sloan!!!

Comment by chris – September 8, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She did that once, and it didn’t turn out so well.

Comment by lamercebrollasempre – September 8, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She never “ran off” with Mark.

Comment by T. – September 8, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, she stayed with him and he still cheated on her.

Comment by sara – September 8, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • None of the three people were in the right place emotionally back then. Unlike Sam or Jake now.

Comment by Olivia – September 9, 2012 05:35 AM PDT
    • :) agree

Comment by Lena – September 12, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam. I hate the Jake character.

Comment by Mark – September 8, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay, it has nothing to do with me hating Jake, but if they put Addison with a character that JUST showed up last season, over Sam who has been there from the beginning, and there has always been hints at a Sam/Addison future, then I will be livid. Jake was just added to this show, and they are going to trash everything that has been leading to AddiSam for that? Trash. I think Jake is great, but I’d rather see him with Amelia.
      Also, it’s already been said that Addison will choose someone between the two men, so I think the “Kelly Taylor” outcome isn’t likely.

Comment by Kristen – September 10, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison needs to choose Jake. Addisam is the worst couple ever.

Comment by -blackmail (@OnceUponATeddy) – September 8, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Or maybe Mark will come around to LA. It’d be a fantastic write off for both characters.

Comment by Marty – September 8, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m all for that!

Comment by Mary – September 8, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jake all the way.

Comment by Bettret – September 8, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like both guys for Addison but snice Kate Walsh is leaving after the 13 episode and whomever she picks might end up leaving with her as well, then I say choose Jake because I rather see sam on the show if it does move on without addison then jake. So if who ever addison picks will be written out along with her then I choose jake.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – September 8, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jake. I don’t like Sam or the
    actor who plays him.

Comment by Dianne – September 8, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you know Taye Diggs? If so, why don’t you like him? If not, how do you know you don’t like him?

Comment by Lea – September 28, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jake.

Comment by Dianne – September 8, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison and baby Henry. That is all.

Comment by Jamie – September 8, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Herself (and Henry) but since this is Shonda and everyone has to be paired off she’ll likely not go that way. It’ll probably be Sam but I’d much, much rather Jake over Sam.

Comment by A – September 8, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody but Sam. Seriously.
    I think they have the worst relationship ever. I liked Sam when the series began but as the seasons went on, he got more and more intolerable. Cannot stand him.

Comment by Sara – September 8, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to the video?

Comment by Linderella – September 8, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Addison and Jake. I don’t think she should give Sam another chance when he never supported her.
    It’s fine if she picks herself and Henry.

Comment by Mandy (@KatefanMandy) – September 8, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam. Addisam. nuff said.

Comment by Nicole – September 8, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to agree – neither one. She should go back to New York and Mark Sloan.

Comment by Linderella – September 8, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either Jake, or neither. Sam has had too many chances, and I think Jake is really supportive of Addison.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – September 8, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • like Sam playing baby sitter when Addison is at work and the real baby sitter can’t stay is not supportive???

Comment by samnaomie – September 8, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not when she was begging for support when they were together and he made her go through everything alone.

Comment by sara – September 8, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, he played baby sitter. And then complained to everybody about it.

Comment by Sara – September 9, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one! She’s a much better character when she isn’t with a guy or whining about one.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – September 8, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jake!

Comment by Alicia – September 8, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark is being written off the show but I wouldn’t mind so much him leaving if he went back to Addison. Since that probably won’t happen, I really hope she chooses Sam. But THAT probably won’t happen either. I predict neither

Comment by Dena – September 9, 2012 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really, really tired of Sam and his whining. Addison could be really happy with Jake and Shonda Rhimes needs to let her be but knowing her and her terrible decisions in her shows lately….Addison will go with Sam or on her own. I just thought it was ridiculous because the second Sam got some competition, he suddenly wanted kids and Addison back. What a way to be an ass, Sam.

Comment by MyReligionIsWhovian – September 9, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAM! or she should be alone. she’s been with Sam for years and she’s in love with Sam. they should be a family and move on. this Addison and men storyline is what turns the show into a boring snooze fest…

Comment by Anna – September 9, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess almost everyone agrees on the fact that Sam is a big NO for Addison. Awful character, no chemistry, ridiculous storyline. But…where’s the Mark option? Maddison forever!

Comment by Albert – September 9, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack’s character is so boring, fake and pretentious. And sam didn’t decide to want a baby and propose to addie b/c he’s jealous. He wants them after amelia’s surgery, he realise smth important. They should get marry or addie should be alone. I vote for Kelly Taylor. B/c triangle is lame….haha!

Comment by anita – September 9, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam doesn’t deserve another chance. He’s played Addison way too many times. Plus they don’t have really good romantic chemistry plus I still can’t get over the fact that Sam was married of Addison’s bff. That has to break some kind of woman code….

Comment by Ana – September 9, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS! It has ALWAYS rubbed me the wrong way with those two. They put them together and the show went downhill. Coop and charolette was a gamble that worked, sam and Addison not so much.

Comment by Ryan – September 9, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I highly doubt Mark is going to be ready to start a serious relationship with anyone so soon after losing his soulmate in Lexie.

Comment by Lacy – September 9, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Addie to be happy!

Comment by Kenzie – September 9, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam.. but this promo makes it look like she chooses Jake. Which must be a decoy! lool

Comment by Danielle H – September 10, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ii think Jake and her have so much chemistry! So glad she is with Jake, PLEASE MAKE HER BE HAPPY WITH JAKE!!!! She deserve to be happy! He is wonderful too!

Comment by Lc – September 25, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never liked “Addison” from the beginning and thought the show could survive without her. So, I am happy she is leaving. I hope she chooses Jake and takes him with her. Then Sam can remember the love of his life and mother of his child Naomi! I want Sam and Naomi back together..

Comment by Lea – September 28, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post