Fall TV Preview

Gossip Girl Season 6 Teaser: 'Chair' Gets Sexy, Dan Gets Slapped and Serena Gets Blackmailed!

Silence may be a virtue, but it’s torturous in the case of this just-released — and word-free! — promo for Gossip Girl‘s final season.

Courtesy of our neighbors in the Great White North, the following teaser consists of 30 seconds of scintillating Season 6 moments, including a hot ‘Chair’ hookup, a blackmailed Serena, loads of Georgina Sparks, a mystery engagement ring, some fresh new faces and much, much more.

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Gossip Girl — Plus 45 Other Shows!

Press PLAY below to piece together some scoop from the CW soap’s sixth season — bowing Monday, Oct. 8 at 9/8c — and then hit the comments!

Tags:

Comments (51)

• This is the lamest promo ever. Not because of the show, but because the way they edited it!

Comment by itsmemartu – September 8, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They should have shown more chair!!!

Comment by It's about time – September 8, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think we’ll be getting plenty more Chair. The kiss was just the tip of the iceberg :)

Comment by MB – September 8, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually think it’s Nate blackmailing GG for information on Serena, but more importantly… CHUCK AND BLAIR ARE ALL IN!

Comment by Emily – September 8, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chair is all in literally!

Comment by It's about time – September 8, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I think Nate is blackmailing GG with the video of her he got in 5×24, to try and get info on Serena’s whereabouts.

Comment by MB – September 8, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all the promos coming out right now. Chuck and Blair sexiness and Dan getting slapped twice is GREAT! Can’t wait for season 6

Comment by Megan – September 8, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hate Dan’s hair. C’mon, let the guy cut his hair O_O

Comment by Pearl – September 9, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair all the way. So exited!!! Dan getting slapped by both Serena and Blair, made my day :)))))) Can’t wait!!!

Comment by dtse – September 8, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I approve this message! THANK YOU CANADA! Apparently it takes our neighbors to the north to do what the CW refuses to do: even if it’s the very last half season, PROMOTE YOUR SHOW. Can’t wait for October 8!

Comment by Liz (@DrHolland_GG) – September 8, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I approve of everything the writers are putting out for season 6. They seem to get what fans want- Chuck and Blair, NBJC and Dan getting his just desserts

Comment by Leigh – September 8, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! It’s about time they got it right!!!!

Comment by It's about time – September 8, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Canada does the best promos.

I see not one but two Dan slaps, from Serena and Blair no less! I see tongue! I see an unraveled bowtie! I SEE THE RING IS ON THE NECKLACE!!!

More importantly, why did that guy punch Nate??? He can’t get away with that!

Comment by Necklacegate2012 – September 8, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God Bless Canada :) They know how to give us what we want!

Comment by MB – September 8, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Nate is sleeping with his 16 year old daughter. Nate’s lucky he doesn’t go to jail.

Comment by S – September 8, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Chuck and Blair!!!

Comment by It's about time – September 8, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Chuck and Blair kiss! So passionate! Ed and Leighton still have “it”!

Am I the only person humming “Whip my hair” after watching that clip of Blair slapping Dan? Penn needs to tell share the type of shampoo he uses because his hair has amazing body and BOUNCE! LOL

Comment by Angela – September 8, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 6 looks great!!.
    I loved the kiss between Chuck and Blair, they are very much in love!!. And I’m glad that Blair has the Harry Winston ring hanging from her chain. YES!!, finally!!, chances are that they are committed to each other or engaged but decide to keep the relationship secret for a while to work their individual needs.
    I am very interested in the story of Serena. October 8 come to me!!.

Comment by Sarah – September 8, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This promo looks so promising, thank you much music. The way Chuck and Blair kiss…so passionate, I want more now. Dan deserves every slap in the world for what he did last season and what he want to do in S6.

Comment by Maria. – September 8, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Ivy kissing Rufus?!?!?! Please tell me I’m wrong!

Comment by Amy – September 8, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. Funny how TVLine avoided breaking such a huge spoiler when it was right in the video they used, no?

Comment by Tina – September 8, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, the only place I saw it before this was an Ask Ausiello column – how’d this site miss something like that?

Comment by Andrew Bell – September 9, 2012 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • tvline *did* mention it, albeit without mentioning ivy’s name. one of the aa columns someone asked if there was hope for rufus and lily, he said that she was still with bart and rufus slept with someone in the season premiere that would make it almost impossible.

Comment by Sara – September 9, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG this awesome! Chuck and Blair are so hot. Ivy & Rufus? OMG can’t wait for S6

Comment by Nicole – September 8, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, desperate Dan gets slapped, Nate receives a right-hook, Rufus and Ivy play tonsil hockey, the HW ring returns but is on a chain not a finger, and the King & Queen of our hearts finally promise to foresake all others, from this day forward, til death does part.

Comment by debra – September 8, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want all of them to end up together as a group of friends. Imo the best Gossip Girl is always when the all of them are friend plotting against someone

Comment by ggny – September 8, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHERE IS DOROTA!?

Comment by Katierose Donohue – September 8, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like Dan’s hair just gets worse every season…

Comment by Jonah – September 8, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was amused at how it bounced when he was slapped. I feel like whatever was in there was trying to escape

Comment by Megan – September 8, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dan’s hair was long last season for the Jeff Buckley role, but yeah, it’s funny it’s left so long on top.

Also interesting that Chuck’s is so cut short on the sides and back as well… I guess the hair dressers for the show like that look this year?

Comment by Andrew Bell – September 9, 2012 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “serena Gets Blackmailed!” Again??? dear lord

Comment by sacha – September 8, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL! i swear the cw takes the cake when it comes to ambiguous/ un-informational promos!

Comment by rachelle – September 8, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the cw didn’t do that promo. ctv in canada did.

Comment by Sara – September 9, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Ivy/Rufus storyline sounds tacky and pathetic. Ivy’s time on the show should’ve expired a long time ago. I don’t understand why the writers insist on keeping her around when it’s clear that there is nothing left for her to do. I can’t…

Comment by Will – September 8, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me neither. I can’t believe how much I used to love the show in the first 3 seasons and now I am like “what the heck happened to that show?”. It is kinda frustrating to me. Never ever happened to me before in such a fashion with a show.

Comment by Svenja – September 9, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True epic love face smash! I’m sorry Blair I didn’t mean it
    True epic love face smash! I’m sorry Blair I didn’t mean it.
    True epic love face smash! It’s ok Chuck that’s how you show your love.

Comment by Hojana – September 8, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “a mystery engagement ring” lol how is it a mystery it is THE HW engagement ring, it must be one of the most famous engagement rings in the history of TV and now it is where it rightfully belongs after 3 seasons.
    All this good Chair news is killing me!!!!!

Comment by Judith – September 8, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair!!!!!!Can’t wait to see more of them
    Rufus and Ivy? i wanna see what’s going to happen between them, they are kinda cute
    Serena slaps dan? Good

Comment by sophia – September 9, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair reunion? Well, IT’S ABOUT TIME. And please, writers, do it right this time. You burdened Chuck with so much family drama in Seasons 2 and 3, and it interfered so much with his relationship with Blair. A lot of viewers suddenly turned against him. I gave Dan and Blair a chance when they happened, but it’s always been clear that Chuck and Blair are each other’s true love. …Oh, and SERENATE please. Nate and Serena were SO cute and happy together. Dan and Serena broke up a long time ago, for valid reasons.

Comment by Donna – September 9, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad I dropped this show… This promo solidifys my decision.

Comment by Beth – September 9, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s up with Dan’s hair? Plus, was that Sofia Black-D’Elia?

Comment by Natalia – September 9, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the promo, but it’s torture waiting til october! So sad that gossip girl is ending. And a very short season, too. But at least there is chair/ ! So happy to see that. Alls well that ends well.

Comment by bobbie – September 9, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Michelle Trachtenberg a regular this year? And who is that woman at 0:26?

Comment by Miffy – September 9, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks crap. They should have kept Dan and Blair together, they were way better for each other and had chemistry in spades. This show is ridiculous, it basically caters to Chuck fans, I’m glad it’s been cancelled.

Comment by Ella – September 9, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, it already got half a season cancelled because of how much viewers hated Dan and Blair together, so I’m not sure how keeping them together would’ve helped…

Comment by MB – September 9, 2012 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chair hooks up in the first episode. Another Canadian promo pretty much gave the whole scene away. Just further proves what Dair fans have known all along: Chair is a couple built on nothing but sex. Pathetic relationship, and likely the reason crap like 50 Shades of Gray does so well. *Cue Chairio attacks*

Comment by Jenna – September 10, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also seriously can’t understand the deep and burning Dan hate from Chair fans. The guy actually DELIVERED BLAIR TO CHUCK last season. So Blair eventually (came to her senses) and chose Dan (and then she lost her marbles and went back to Chuck but whatever). Why the hate?!

Comment by Jenna – September 10, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then Dan stabbed Chuck in the back by publicly humiliating Blair and blaming it on him, so… he pretty much lost any goodwill he’d gained. I don’t even hate Dan, I just think he’s a douche. And I think if Dan fans honestly believed Blair was going to permanently choose Dan over Chuck, they were deluding themselves as much as Dan was. I mean, I hated the Dair storyline, but I never had any doubt it was leading straight back to Chair.

Comment by MB – September 10, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It really great but i think dan is greater

Comment by Tidley – September 16, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post