Muy Caliente Glee Video: Kate Hudson Heats Up the Dance Floor

Need proof that Kate Hudson‘s addition to Glee Season 4 (bowing Thursday, Sept. 13) is a decision worthy of a Rachel Berry gold star? Look no further than the following video, which features a show-stopping, full-length performance from the visiting big-screen starlet.

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Glee — Plus 45 Other Shows!

Press PLAY below to watch Hudson’s hardcore dance instructor put the new NYADA outcast in her place with a stellar song-and-dance number, done to a mash-up of Lady Gaga’s “Americano” and Jennifer Lopez’s “Dance Again.”

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, First Look, Glee, Video

1. Sharon says:

I don’t really see how Rachel should be intimidated by her, Brittany and Mike dance better than her, IMO.

• Seta says:

But Rachel isn’t a good dancer. Instead, Kate Hudson is a good dancer, if you saw Nine, you know it.

• dude says:

They’re professional dancers, she’s a movie star. You can’t expect her to be on the same skill level as them. Furthermore, she’s a better dancer than Rachel which is all that matters.

2. Eric says:

This was awesome. I always forget how talented Kate Hudson is. Pretty excited for Thursday. Now cue all the complainers and their endless Finchel chatter in 3… 2… 1

3. Lena says:

…..a fine number, sure, but…Ryan Murphy and Co. that this is NOT what college is like, right? Even an arts school?

• Lauren says:

Well, the odds WERE that 4 seasons into it Glee was bound to finally be factually wrong about SOMETHING, lol…. P.S. TV show

• As if his vision of high school was any more accurate. It’s a fantasy. I think sometimes Murphy is trying to live out his idealized high school experience through this show. I don’t mind it, but realism and Glee are not often used in the same sentence.

• Michael says:

The world of Glee is an exaggerated reality. Many stories are grounded in reality but their resolutions are often not. Kurt’s struggle with his sexuality and with bullying were very poignant and real but the resolution of them both was extremely idealistic and, even in 2012, not completely realistic, especially in a small town like Lima(I grew up 30 minutes from Lima and my area wasn’t known to embrace the different.) Glee is what it is. You could poke massive holes through the reality of Revenge or the cases in any CSI but you still watch for the hour even though you figured out the killer after 5 minutes.

• dude says:

I’d actually say Glee’s depiction of high school is far more accurate than that of 90210, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, The OC…

4. Very Paul Abdul Cold Hearted Snake.

5. luli says:

spanish is my first language and i didn’t understand a thing… hahaha but loved the song

6. Chickenlittleish says:

This makese wonder…When is Glee gonna cover Shakira?

7. Blein says:

I like the nyada set.

8. Jared says:

Kate Hudson jus killed it on the dance floor!. Can’t wait for the premiere.

9. Prediction? says:

Mash Up Prediction For This Season on ‘Glee': “As Long As You Love Me”- by Backstreet Boys/ Justin Bieber.

Almost begs for it.

10. exBFF says:

Meh. I’ve never really seen the appeal of Kate Hudson. The can carry a tune, but has no range. She can move, but not really dance. She can pout and smile, but that’s about the range of her acting. To me, she’s a giggly Katherine Heigl. Sorry, but I don’t think she is really going to add much to Glee.

11. grace says:

If that is Kate Hudson dancing, I will eat my hat…she is not a dancer (see Nine) she has no singing range (see Nine and other videos.)

The shadowy way that is shot 90% of it could be someone else. and probably is.

12. Danielle says:

Meh… I think SYTYCD’s Cyrus could master that just as well as Kate did and that’s saying something. And really, both shows are part of the Fox family, couldn’t they have pulled an All-Star from there to do Hudson’s part? Twitch, Kathryn, Kherington, Sasha, etc. Chelsie H. really would have been a perfect swap for Hudson- sexy, charismatic, decently known by viewers, and really could “out-dance any of you” in the class. Shame.

13. Liz says:

The need to shorten their music numbers there’s no reason for it to be so long. Probably overcompensating for the crappy story lines.

14. Patricia says:

Looks great glee needs more stuff like this. Kate Hudson is Awsome her dance number in nine was the best part of that movie.

15. Loa says:

This character is pathetic and I’m sad to see Ryan Murphy take Kate Hudson to this sad place. I was excited to see her on this show but not if her entire arc is her trying to show up 17 year old girls. People think Rachel deserves it because of her snobbish attitude, but much like Sue Sylvester, these bullying teacher storylines suck and really make this show unwatchable. I really hope Cassandra July turns out to be different then what we think.

16. tsfilmwatch says:

Wow. Kate Hudson ran the gamut of emotions from A to B. Thank you Dorothy Parker!
    No matter how many edits…(uh, 10,000?) she still clumped her way through her “dance number”. Poor Kate. She actually thinks she’s captivating. Ouch. Painful to watch her mining for an inner life.. Hello? Hello? Is ANYBODY there? Noooo, there is not. Reminds me of Tom Cruise. “Look how unaware I am of how aware I am of what everyone thinks of me in this scene.” Dot-Marie Jones please- stat! This show is suffering from emotional anorexia. It’s what’s also wrong with The New Normal. Ryan, Ryan, Ryan….. look out… you’re Elvis syndrome is showing.