Hot Video: Supernatural Reunites the Winchesters -- Plus: Kevin Has Big News

Supernatural‘s demon-hunting brothers, after being separated in May’s finale, reunite in a new promo for Season 8.

But the biggest news isn’t how long they’ve been apart or even how Castiel looks in purgatory (hint: it’s not good). No, it’s Kevin the prophet, who delivers a juicy piece of intel. In fact, what he has to say may just change the Winchesters’ lives forever and have them putting down their weapons for good.

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Supernatural — Plus 45 Other Shows!

Press PLAY to check out the preview and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Supernatural returns to The CW on its new night — Wednesdays at 9/8c — starting Oct. 3.

1. katy917 says:

omg omg omg!!!! Is it not 3rd Oct yet??????

• Annie says:

Hrm. Anyone else smelling a series finale hook in that whole “closing the gates of Hell … FOREVER” thing?

• rowan77 says:

Well considering Mark Pedowitz (President of the CW) said he was happy with Supernatural and could see a ninth season, I doubt this is meant to be a series ender. It’s just high-stakes storytelling.

2. Maro says:

This show never ever lets you down. How many otger shows out there can you say that about!?!

3. Josh says:

That Kevin kid is not a good actor and I’m not exactly thrilled with another “separated for a year” storyline(it’s happened once already and before that it was months of Dean being in hell) but I’ll check this season out for sure.

• Kassie says:

Give it a chance. The new show runner seems to actually care about the show, and now Supernatural is finally out of no man’s land on Friday. There is hope.

4. Mikaylah says:

I’ve been a fan of Supernatural since the beginning, and will continue to be until the last episode (and beyond thanks to re-runs and DVDs). I’ve even started watching the show with my nephew. He loves the monsters, and the Impala. I can’t wait for Season 8 to start.

5. TexasGreatGrams says:

Wow-season 8 looks amazing. Love seeing “the boys” hug each other, especially when one of them comes back from …wherever, Absolutely love this show-the best on tv right now.

6. Stacia says:

Eeeeeee!!!! Sooo excited!!!!

7. Dreamrose says:

Hmmm… in the shot of Castiel in Purgatory (or wherever he is) at 0:51, there’s the silhouette of a man off to the left. Hmmmm….

8. Drew says:

Even though season 7 was kinda weak, I’m psyched to see season 8. This looks like a great storyline and an adventure worthy of the Winchesters. Plus, it’s something they can actually succeed at! If they close the doorway to Hell, they still have a world full of monsters to fight.

Looks like it’s back to basics, like Carver promised. Can’t wait!

9. Eli says:

Before you close the “gates of hell” forever will somebody please remember that additional Winchester brother you seem to have forgotten there…I think he’s been cooked through!

• mac says:

I like to think that Adam went straight to heaven when Michael possesed him…
      I personally don’t need to see him again, didn’t really like the character

• rowan77 says:

If I remember correctly, the deal they told Dean was after Michael was done kicking Lucifer’s ass (they hoped) Dean would then go to heaven. Of course, he’s been there and doesn’t like it very much.

10. Walter says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I can’t wait. Jeremy Carver should have been the one to take over for Kripke, then season 6 and season 7 wouldn’t have been so … dull. But who cares, I’m still excited!

11. adam says:

Demons Gotta Love Em :)

12. Carrie says:

Oh, my. I cannot wait!!

13. kate says:

siiiigh. I guess Sam’s not getting a haircut this season. That said, I’m pretty excited. Even though SPN isn’t quite as great as it was early on, it’s still one of the very few shows I’m actually excited about anymore. can’t wait.

14. Mary Ann says:

There was plenty for them to do before the gates of hell opened, and I’m sure there will still be plenty for them to do if they get it closed. I would miss Crowley, though.

15. Dee says:

That looks awesome!!!!

I like Kevin, Osric is a cutie.

16. Susy says:

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! Supernatural rocks!!!

17. Ella says: