So You Think You Can Dance Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of the Top 10 Group Routine

Get More: Exclusive, Reality TV, Video

Remember that Gene Kelly tribute routine choreographed by Tyce Diorio and performed by the So You Think You Can Dance Season 9 Top 10 a few weeks back? Well, TVLine has got a jaunty stop-motion video taking a look at how the number came together — from the makeup chair to the staging to the arrival of the live studio audience.

Check it out below, then hit the comments with your thoughts on who should win the women’s Season 9 title (Eliana or Tiffany) and who deserves the men’s crown (Cyrus or Chehon). (I’ve also embedded the full routine, in case you’re jonesin’ for it, below the stop-motion bonus.) And for all my SYTYCD news, interviews, and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (10)

• The first video player doesn’t show in Canada :(

Comment by Shaun – September 7, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping Eliana wins this, since there’s no one else left for me to root for now that Will and Witney have left. Don’t really care which of the boys ends up with the title.
    And can’t see the video either, because I’m a Danish resident

Comment by Karen – September 7, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely rooting for Eliana to win (as I have been since the beginning of the season), though I’d say that Tiffany has earned it too by this point.
    I hate to say it, but I think I’ll be a little bit disappointed by whichever guy takes home the win – not sure either of them really seems like a sytycd champion.

Comment by wordsmith – September 7, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it sad that I wish I could see the routine from the stop motion camera angle rather than the infuriating pan happy camera work that actually aired? I’m voting for Eliana and Cheon. I wouldn’t be crushed if Tiffany won but I would be if Cyrus did.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – September 7, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree with everything you said. I want to see the dance and the camera angles are so frustrating. And Eliana and Cheon are talented beautiful dancers and so is Tiffiany and they deserve to win!

Comment by rose – September 9, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts and votes are the same!

Comment by Trina – September 9, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what’s with all the recent video’s only being available to American audiences, I love TV/Line but am hating this recent change, apparently the rest of the world doesn’t watch TV :(

Comment by Nichole – September 7, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eliana and Cheon for sure!

Comment by barb sarvis – September 7, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love dis show so much n I’m so votin for tiffany and cyrus(sinc Cole is gone)

Comment by uch p – September 7, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Eliana and Cheon win. They are my favorite and the best.

Comment by Lori Blakley – September 8, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post