Exclusive Drop Dead Diva Video: Fred Reunites With a Very Unhappy Jane

Ben Feldman‘s lovable guardian angel Fred returns to Drop Dead Diva in Sunday’s Season 4 finale (Lifetime, 9/8c), and we’ve got an exclusive first look at his reunion with the original Jane!

PHOTOS | Lindsay Lohan Braves Paparazzi, Channels Cleopatra as Lifetime’s Elizabeth Taylor

“Fred is back to the old desk job that he had at the beginning of the series,” previews Feldman, who scored an Emmy nod in July for his recurring role as copywriter Michael Ginsberg on Mad Men. “I don’t think he’s sad or happy. He’s just moved on.”

But even when you forge ahead, the past has a way of catching up with you. In the scene below, Fred has an unexpected meeting with the real Jane in Heaven, and she’s not too happy about the mix-up that let Deb inhabit her body.

“It’s the same two people we’ve seen for the past four years, but a different dynamic completely,” says Feldman of the confrontation.

Press PLAY to check out the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts on his long-awaited return.

Loading video...

Comments (29)

• Love this show, but they are testing my patience with the Jane/Owen/Grayson love triangle!

Comment by B – September 7, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Fred!! Please bring him back!! I DO NOT like Luke’s character and wish Fred were back on a regular basis and with Tracey!! The things that Fred was removed for as being “too human”, Luke has done in spades and more!! I am also ready for a resolution of the Jane/Owen/Grayson triangle and hope that the finale this week gives us a clue to the resolution (hopefully with Grayson!!!)

Comment by carolinagirl – September 7, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh! Totally! Luke is dumb – so not a character I care to even see on the tube!

Comment by Karen B. – September 7, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree 100%. Don’t even like to watch Luke. Love Fred’s character.

Comment by Mel E – November 19, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well something big happens as music is playing which is beautiful hopefully that means romantic moment for Grayson and Jane props to brooke elliot she can play to people at once. One second i didn’t see her hehe

Comment by Ashley Eppley (@tvmoviesparks88) – September 7, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe dead Jane wants to send a message to the fake Jane through Fred or in a dream? The JOG triangle is driving me crazy as well and was hoping Owen to be dead. :(

Comment by tahina – September 7, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too! I’m hoping Owen doesn’t live until the wedding. I like him but I want Jane with Grayson. I also want Fred back with Stacey. I hope Old Jane doesn’t cause problems for Deb/Jane.

Comment by Chloe – September 7, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Fred Back full time & dump Luke, can’t stand him!Also, please renew for season five already so the show dosent end on a cliffhanger.Oh and please finally let Jane & Grayson be together, I don’t like Owen.

Comment by Brandy – September 7, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, Luke is pretty lame and kind of smarmy. He’s really not working on the show.

Comment by Temperence – September 7, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for this week’s episode!

Comment by Babybop – September 7, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m obviously in the minority, as I actually LIKE Owen, and have seen too many episodes where Grayson has come off looking like a superficial twerp.

Comment by Delia – September 7, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I must be in the minority also, because I love Jane with Owen…..I think he brings out a fun playful side to her and also shows character growth that she has evolved from Deb.

Comment by Lindsey – September 7, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES i love Deb with Owen~!

Comment by doh – September 10, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Owen and Jane too! I think that they have more chemistry than she and Greyson personally.

Comment by Jaime – September 7, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on that! I love Grayson, but one episode he says he loves Jane and the next he is out with some floozy. Owen loves Jane for who she is and would do anything for her. I’m scared to see how the wedding plays out because I’m afraid Jane’s going to break Owen’s heart (hopefully not literally!).

Comment by Abby – September 8, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also agree with Owen/Deb…Grayson’s character has such a wimpy side now..maybe they could find another love interest for that sweet man already!!

Comment by Sandy – September 9, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally Agree!!! Grayson not so charming. Owen is adorable and makes a great couple with Jane.

Comment by Mel E – November 19, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not on my iPad!

Comment by Becca Porter – September 7, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was odd that Grayson got to see the dark side of Owen but then they pulled back on it and gave him the weak heart storyline. I guess when Jane ultimately loses him, it will need to be a long road to recovery for her, and ultimately, the long road to Grayson.

Comment by Deion – September 7, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jane with Owen! I think Grayson loves the Deb side of the character and vice versa and the Jane side loves Owen. Janes character has evolved and learned so much through the series that it would be going backwards to have Jane with Grayson. Grayson’s soul mate is Deb not Jane!

Comment by Sarah – September 7, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The young man who plays Fred got another gig with Mad Men this is why he left the show. As far as Grayson/Owen and Jane the chemistry between Brooke Elliot & Lex Meldin is much stronger than Brooke and the guy who play Grayson

Comment by S kaat – September 7, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I have is one sentence to say , and that is ……………Jane is still Deb … !

Comment by Charlie – September 8, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the real Jane knocks the Deb out of her! I like Jane with Owen, Grayson is so boring..Jane’s character has evolved and I truly think she loves Owen.

Comment by zoot – September 9, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so who does real jane come back as after she tricks fred

Comment by csmkav – September 9, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the old Jane comes back in Owen’s body, should make for a funny next season if she has to be in a man’s body.

Comment by Marci – September 10, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Owen would be perfect for Jane,but he isn’t perfect for Deb and since Deb is the one in Jane’s body,then they shouldn’t be together. I too think Grayson,seems to be always interested in some thin attractive woman. I want him and Deb/Jane together,because I want that happy ending where we should find out that Grayson truly loved deb with all his heart,for her not for her looks. If he did love deb then yes he should love Deb/Jane, and if he doesn’t love her then that proves he never truly loved Deb for the person she was inside since the woman inside is now in Jane. It’s still Deb just with a different outer shell. Of course she has Jane’s smarts but she also has Deb’s personality in there as well. so did Grayson only love deb for her beauty,we’ll see

Comment by Sandi white – September 13, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jane with Owen. I think their would be no point to the show is Jane and Grayson got together. owen brings the best out of “deb” proof that even skinny girls although inside someone else’s body can love a “normal” cute guy. Grayson is a model lookin fella himself while Owen is more natural and cute. I’m looking forward to next season. And yes I miss Fred. But Luke isn’t so bad after all. :)

Comment by Tia – September 20, 2012 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me, or do you think the real Jane is now in Owen’s body??? She hit the return button, Owen was presumably dead and then came back to life not knowing what was happening! I was hoping for Deb to come back as herself though…

Comment by Malorie – September 26, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Grayson is gonna fall in love with jane/deb cause Owens probably gone and old Jane is in owen’s body, I think (cause they had that little zooming on the world scene they had when deb went into Janes body) and so the likelihood of Jane/deb falling in love with old Jane/Owen (when old jane hates new Jane).

They need to come out with a season five soon! This show is just too good to not renew.

Comment by PLEASEMAKESEASON5 – October 28, 2012 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post