Exclusive

Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 47 Returning Favorites!

Your mourning period is officially over. September is in full swing, and couch potatoes everywhere are soaking up the first wave of endorphins that accompanies the onset of the fall TV season.

To celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, TVLine has compiled a comprehensive rundown on 47 returning favorites — from Gossip Girl to Grey’s Anatomy, from How I Met Your Mother to Parks and Recreation — packed with exclusive scoop you won’t find anywhere else.

RELATED | Visit TVLine’s Fall TV Headquarters For Scoop, Videos, Photos and More!

Which drama will kick off its season with a shocking death? Which one is building a one-time-only morgue set to finish off a spring cliffhanger? And which is saving the Grim Reaper’s appearance for November sweeps? Who’s mulling a vasectomy, and who’s definitely going to deliver a baby that some fans thought might be all foam and fury, signifying nothing? And what team of writers got inspired to put its leading man in the crosshairs of a “female sharpshooter under the influence of absinthe”?

RELATED | View the Complete Fall TV Schedule!

TVLine’s returning-favorites gallery has answers to all those questions and more, plus 22 photos you’ll only see on TVLine. So get started on clicking through the gallery below, and if you’ve still got an appetite for spoilers when you’re done, sign up to follow us on Twitter @TVLineNews!

1. Lyla says:

Oh yay another Finchel break-up!! I’m not even looking forward to the new season anyway, now I have another reason not to tune in. Bye Glee.

2. Michael, I love your site, but the pudgy guy with the institute advertising is unnerving to say the least.

3. the girl says:

Revenge. Once Upon a Time. Scandal. Yes yes yes.

4. Courtney says:

Ugh, I have to wait till OCTOBER for Supernatural and the Vampire Diaries to return. :(

5. Jon says:

Thanks for the Glee scoop on Finn and Rachel because now I know I can tune out this season. I am over the break-ups and hoped we could see something different. Thanks again

6. Ikernad says:

Yey! Fringe! Can’t wait! make it a happy ending for Peter, Olivia and Walter!
    No way Raj is gay…..
    Please do not go for the Ted and Robin thing again….it is so over
    And please don’t break up Mikita!

7. LC says:

FINALLY A COMMUNITY SPOILER!

8. Patti says:

Thanks for the scoop. I am looking forward to Fringe and Once Upon a Time the most. I hope Walter/Peter/Olivia family makes it to the end. I look forward to more of Charming and Emma scenes and more Belle.

9. John says:

I will be tuning back in for the final season of The Office. Gabe is my guess for the strangler. So glad Emilie de Ravin was made a series regular on Once. Really like her as Belle and the Rumple/Belle storyline.

10. Will says:

Hopefully Georgina will be able to maintain her role as the “saving grace” of Gossip Girl because her storyline’s the only thing I’m remotely interested in.

11. Kathi says:

Very excited for Season 10 of NCIS – it looks like it is going to be a good one. I especially love the little tease from GG about the relationship between Tony and Ziva. I can’t wait to see them emotionally connect in the elevator. I do love me some Tiva! Thank you GG for capitalizing on the fabulous chemistry between these characters and the actors – because as Gibbs says “you don’t waste good” and these two are golden!

12. katy917 says:

Too much scoopage on too many shows…..think brain might explode!!! Hurry up premiere dates!!!!!!

13. NikitaADdiction says:

TeamNikita!!!!!!!!!! Nikita is the best

14. loli says:

I’m sorry but…

Maybe all of you dont agree with me…but it’s my opinion:

Once Charming also not called James, and hides this secret from Snow. Perhaps this is a reason to balance his secrets and hers. I just hope that Snow has not slept with Lancelot. Interesting! As long as it’s not like David/MM/Kathryn then I’m fine with it!
    Ed and Adam promised that Snow and Charming would not suffer as much as season 1. Has been quite a soap opera in the first season, with David / Kathryn…enough!!!

I think I have to stop reading spoilers and theories. For me they are taking mental health
    Why every TV-shows love soap operas…ugh

15. darcy says:

ooohh I can’t wait to see some tiva development on ncis! Finally!

16. Bella says:

Wow, with so many great shows returning, I don’t know how I’ll find the time (or DVR space) to watch any of hte intriguing new ones. TV has gotten so much better in the past few years, it’s both a blessing and a curse, because while it’s fun and engaging, I’m spending way too much time on the living room couch.

17. Mave says:

You guys forgot Homeland… the only show on my list of returning shows that I cant wait for not mentioned :((((

18. Aman says:

Troy and Britta? Where’s the Jeff and Annie spoilers?

19. Natalie says:

The 100th episode spoilers and the new promo for “The Mentalist” all in one day? I truly believe season 5 is going to be awesome.
    I’ve been wanting to see a flashback episode to see his origins and how it was with the team. I can’t wait to see what it’s like when he first meets everyone–especially Lisbon. And the promo makes the premiere look even better than I imagined. Bruno Heller is the BEST. And thanks, Team TV Line, for always delivering the good stuff from my favorite shows, especially “The Mentalist”. I do read other sites from time to time, but you guys get the good deets and ask the questions many of us want to know. :)

20. Anon says:

Where is the best show on tv (The Walking Dad?) !!!!!!

• Dan says:

The Walking Dead is not a network show. It’s AMC, its cable. That’s why, besides, its a good show, but not the BEST. Its far from THE BEST.

21. Anon says:

That should be (The Walking Dead) ! LOL!

22. Danielle H says:

NO pics !? :(((

23. SOOOOOOOO excited about castle, greys, bones, revenge & private practice

24. Andrea says:

Cortexiphantastically, ha!

25. Caro says:

If Zoey picks Wade I am going to have to give up watching Hart of Dixie. I won’t be able to stand such an unbelievable pair! Supernatural and Glee both look great. Why is Two and a Half Men still on? It’s awful without Charlie Sheen! Mentalist also looks intriguing.

26. Nancy says:

Who approved that Glee picture? Or is there some random St. Louis in New England that I don’t know about?

27. Marie says:

Thanks for the Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries scoop!

28. ec says:

First spoilers come out saying that ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’ will have scenes like LOST. Producers want to turn the show into Lost 2?
    In season 1, we had David / Kathryn and now season 2 we will get Snow / Lancelot?
    WTF?
    TRUE LOVE or TRUE CHEATING?
    Once started as perfect. And suddenly Charming and Snow commit adultery?
    None of the spoilers that came out so far pleased me. Maybe give up on season 2.

29. Tom Charles says:

Maybe the Scranton Strangler is Roy!

30. Patti says:

I hope Once upon a time doesnt kill off characters or do flashforwards and sideways like lost. also like lana but regina in storybrooke at least was annoying and blah.

31. Sam says:

Looking forward to seeing Tony and Ziva get even closer this season on NCIS. Also looking forward to seeing how both Ducky and Jimmy deal with his recovery from his heart attack. And seeing Abby reach out to her real family. And finding out whether or not McGee was seriously injured.

32. The Squatch says:

Sir Lancelot is supposed to be one of the most honorable knights ever… yet his move seems to be snaking other guys’ ladies. Especially royalty… hehe

As for Two and a Half Men, as this may end up being the final season… and even if it isn’t, I think a more interesting approach would to let the Alan character have some good luck for a change. I know he is supposed to be the comic foil, but the mounds of crap they keep heaping upon him are just getting ridiculous. Seeing how he would deal with something he has never had before… happiness… could actually be funny.

Anywho… just my two (and a half?) cents.

33. MaryLuv Tiva says:

YAY I can’t wait for this season to start. Everything sounds exciting. GO GIBBS! Take Dearing down. I can’t wait to see what is going on with Mcgee. I hope he isn’t too badly hurt. I also would love to see some more Mcgee centric episodes this season. :) Excited to see Abby with her brother again. Hopefully she will find the answers that she needs. Poor Ducky, I’m happy that he is ok and I can’t wait to see him and Palmer working again. Interested to see what’s in store for Gibbs and Vance. And yes I can’t wait to see TIVA. :) Loving all these spoilers for TIVA and even the non-TIVA spoilers. GO NCIS and TIVA!! :)

34. Shannon says:

CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Everyone says:

You know what’s not fresh in general? Breaking up Finn and Rachel AGAIN. They’ve already broken up 4 times. What is wrong with this show? Can you not write romance at all? They were going to get married for christ sakes. What was all that build up last season then for Finchel’s relationship? It’s all going to be forgotten because of a hot guy with nice abs? Finn sent her off to live her dreams without him stopping her and this is the “thank you” he gets? It’s bs. They’re ruining my fave character Rachel and they’re ruining their core couple. Bye Glee, it’s been nice knowing you.

36. mel says:

Very excited about the NCIS spoiler – will definitely embrace the Tiva relationship if they are taking it in a positive direction. It is way overdue!

37. AngelMoon Girl says:

SO EXCITED for Bones (Booth/Brennan/Christine!), Fringe (Peter/Olivia/Etta! Peter/Walter!), NCIS (Tony/Ziva!), Castle (Castle/Beckett! Esposito/Ryan!), and Once Upon a Time (Snow/Charming/Emma/Henry!). I want my TV shows backkkkk! :D

38. Vollisar says:

Tony and Ziva have been emotionally connected for quite some time. I’m hoping GG means they’ll become more aware of the romantic side of it during their hours stuck in the elevator. From their heated looks in the promo, a little romance looks promising. And yes, yes! Fans will embrace the relationship stuff. These two have had such mixed up family and love lives that it will be fun and touching to see them reach out to one another.

39. Pat says:

Cary’s father? No, sorry. They’re not able to fool me anymore. Last year they said they wanted to do develop Cary and Kalinda relationship. And they didn’t. They dropped it at all and if you consider that was a big part of Cary’s storyline for almost two years you can easily say they didn’t give a damn about how that could impact the already weak Cary’s storyline and screentime. They said they wanted to do more with Cary. And They didn’t. Now we have a two lines quote from Kings about Cary ( and a thousand words about Kalinda storyline) and we should be happy about it because it’s already a lot since they usually barely mention him. But they’ve shot around 7 episodes and they have still to cast someone to play Cary’s father. What does it mean, that besides being ”calm” Cary won’t have nothing to do untitl his father will show up? I think it means they’re going to do with Cary what they did last year. They’ll keep to use him when they have space and time aka just randomly.

• Lucy says:

I saddly agree. I doubt they’ll never give Matt Czuchry’s character a major storyline or role and I don’t think they’ll never promote him like the rest of the cast. I don’t know why but apparently he’s the cast’s black ship. Last season they’ve seriously hurt his character not just with Cary and Kalinda mess, but with almost everything they did with him, and they didn’t bother about it so much. I haven’t read a single word from Kings about why they decided to bring Cary at L&G again and what they’ve planned for him. And I think there are high chances Matt Czuchry is going to waste another year of his career waiting in vain for those writers to give him good material, good lines, screentime and real media exposure like the rest of the cast.

40. J says:

Excited for Glee!!!

41. rabit says:

Snow White / Lancelot? I hope it means something else. Not romance please!
    If not the meaning of ‘TRUE LOVE’ Snow / Charming is a joke. Maybe something related to Snow’s mother…or something like that…
    Once’ creators said that this season would be less stressful/less drama (don’t know the exact words) for Charming and Snow in season two…I hope they keep the promise!

42. Real excited about the NCIS spoilers……can’t wait to see Team Gibbs in action….you don’t mess with Gibbs’ family and get away with it, so I’m looking forward to his showdown with Dearing. I’m also looking forward to seeing Abby connect with her brother, Ducky and Jimmy in their new found roles, to see how badly McGee’s injured and how he handles the aftermath, and most of all, seeing Tony and Ziva have an emotional connection and get even closer to a relationship in Season 10. Bring it on, NCIS! :-)

43. sara says:

omg Criminal minds <3333 can't wait to see the season long villain

44. estefania says:

thanks for NCIS NEWS , I can’t wait for new season , this will be a great season , I hope that our dear team would have some love for them

45. Gigi says:

PLEASE BRING RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. BACK TO SUPERNATURAL!! He was SO awesome was The Trickster/Gabriel. I really miss him. PLEASE BRING HIM BACK??

46. nick1372 says:

Thanks for countless tidbits.

But your paragraph is misleading when you said “Which one is building a one-time-only morgue set to finish off a spring cliffhanger?” I was hoping for Body of Proof. :-(

47. Deena says:

Can we just officially call Glee a drama now? It’s far from a comedy anymore and for it to be a dramedy that would require a fair amount of comedy in the show. Last season was so disappointing and the upcoming season shows no promise of returning to the fresh, fun show I fell in love with in season 1.

48. Mnfear says:

You Forgot psych

49. sean says:

Where is Terra Nova

50. Danielle MacFarlane says:

Family Guy and Bones! I can’t wait, Bones this Monday, Family Guy on the 30th, I’m so ready (;