Cee Lo Green Brings Family Comedy to NBC

Get More: News, Pilots

Cee Lo Green ShowCee Lo Green is transitioning from critiquing to acting.

The Voice judge is partnering with NBC for a multi-camera comedy loosely based on his real-life relationship with his ex-wife and children, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Simon Says NBC Pitting The Voice Vs. X Factor Is ‘Dirty Tricks,’ Frets Britney Will Be ‘Devastated’

Cee Lo would star as a version of himself as he struggles to balance his home life with his music career. He will serve as an executive producer on the project, which is being written by Ali Leroi (Everybody Hates Chris) and is in final negotiations at the network.

The musician appeared on another NBC family show, Parenthood, as himself last season. He can also currently be seen in the film Sparkle.

Tags: ,

Comments (12)

• Ugh, what is up with NBC and multi-camera comedies lately. They must be a whole lot cheaper to make. Whitney is terrible and I’m sure Guys With Kids will be horrible. Cee Lo acting is just not something people want to see. I doubt this will even get green-lit

Comment by Jon Carpenter – September 6, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me? Where did this runt come from anyway? Way to go NBC. No wonder you fail.

Comment by MB – September 6, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t see it so don’t jugde about it without seeing it dick

Comment by Raymanisbeast – December 24, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha, I’m glad other people feel the same… what a JOKE this guy is!!! You really suck NBC.

Comment by luke – September 6, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …really. this is what it’s come to?

Comment by rachel – September 6, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC will soon be the worst network of all. The only good think about it was its Thursdays comedies (besides one or another show like Chuck and Friday Night Lights). But all this new shows are crap, crap, crap. My response to this is the name of that only hit of him.

First Whitney, Chelsea, Monkey M.D., Unfunny Guys with Kids… and now this?

Comment by Lili – September 6, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Soon? Where have you been the last few years. Even the lowly CW beats them on some nights.

Comment by Bob – September 7, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone fell asleep at the greenlght wheel. I can think of several other members of The Goodie Mob that I’d rather see get a primetime slot. Big Gipp for example, I’m sure he’d do better than the bleating goat-tub that creeps things up on The Voice.

He must have very good dirt on some NBC execs or had very good representation at his last contract renewal.

Comment by Hogo Coco – September 6, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh dear.

Comment by Faz – September 6, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Cee-Lo Green, but I don’t think this is a good idea. He is good in small delectable doses.

Comment by Yo' – September 7, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did this guy go from Goodie Mob to singing horrible commercial crap to now a comedy show? Goodie Mob fell off after a few albums so they plucked the short fat guy out of the bunch. I’d rather have Big Gipp than this moron.

Comment by skytzo425 – September 8, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will not critize for a show that I have not yet seen.. I LOVE ceelo and am welling to give his show a try.. And nbc is not that bad.. Can’t wait to see it

Comment by Wendy – December 18, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post