Fall TV Preview

Hot Video: A Big Bang Theory Couple Crisis?

Is one of The Big Bang Theory‘s core couples about to go bust? Judging from the new promo below, Sheldon and Amy’s moment of connection in last season’s finale might have been a brief, happy anomaly.

RELATED | Big Bang Theory Makes ‘Stuart’ a Series Regular

“It’s the ongoing situation of Amy trying to drag Sheldon along further into this relationship, and Sheldon being reluctant every step of the way,” executive producer Steve Molaro previously told TVLine. “[But] I don’t think she’s giving up anytime soon — although she will certainly get frustrated.”

Press PLAY to check out the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (43)

• Sheldon will always be hilarious lol

Comment by Kris Bennett (@krys723) – September 6, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Amy. Dating Sheldon would be exhausting.

Comment by Mikaylah – September 6, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for posting. Love Sheldon&Amy.

Comment by Patti – September 6, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so put off by Amy’s lesbo leanings toward Penny that I’m ready for her to be gone.

Comment by Templar – September 6, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow,that’s lame…

Comment by Whatever – September 6, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What’s lame about it. Geez, pick a gender and go from there.

Comment by Templar – September 6, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Does the term “bisexual” ring any bells? How about “pansexual”?
          If not try Wiki or Google.

Comment by Mary – September 6, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with being attracted to both genders.

Comment by Tom Charles – September 6, 2012 03:05 PM PDT
    • Its not a lesbian thing, it’s hero worship that just seems to come off as a crush. My friends and I talk like that to each other all the time. She’s the antithesis of Penny and she wants to BE her so she just fangirls all about her all the time and it comes across as hitting on Penny. Amy is the best addition to this show. Some of the funniest moments in the show’s history involve her. I love the dynamic between Penny, Amy and Bernadette. I wish they had more scenes together.

Comment by Hyde – September 6, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right on…ishe see’s Penny as what she wants to be.

Comment by John – September 13, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could you homophobic additude be because you yourself feel that way and it scares you? Not cool!

Comment by c – September 6, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course they would break up the one couple who brings in the laughs…want to break up someone? Take your pick of the other two couples or both if you please..Leonard and Penny being in something casual where Leonard has the power makes the original plotline of the show, geeky guy loves pretty girl, moot…and Howard is not as funny as he was when he was out on the prowk with Raj…just my opinions….

Comment by Michael – September 6, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree about Howard, I like him SO much more now that he’s with Bernadette. I hope they never break up; he’s a better man with her.

Comment by mia – September 6, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve never been a fan of Leonard with Penny. She’s a user of people with no drive at all, he’s brilliant. How sad to make a brilliant man slave to a woman’s looks.

Comment by Gretchen – September 7, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • On the prowl with Raj??? Just wait until this season. Appears from another article someone may be coming out of the closet, and it’s not Sheldon, Leonard or Howard.

Comment by Bob – September 7, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang is the #1 comedy in Canada but we cannot watch the video from up here? Thanks again TVLine for disappointing a reader since day one on this website with another video we cannot view. I now have to go search for it myself yet again. :(

Comment by BCsDave – September 6, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay…someone likes to blow things way out proportion

Comment by Gerald – September 6, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not ”way of of proportions”, actually.
        It’s frustrating as hell.

Comment by MissM13 – September 6, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If it make you feel any better, some of the shows I l

Comment by JR – September 6, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If it make you feel any better, some of the shows I love are only available in Canada (pretty much Flashpoint, as well as Republic of Doyle and now Saving Hope) I have to pay for a proxy to watch them online here in the states.

Comment by JR – September 6, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Full shows are different, those I understand. Especially those never been available in a country. However, promos to shows widely available in a country is frustrating.

Comment by Dave – September 6, 2012 05:25 PM PDT
      • Not the first to complain about this on this website and most certainly wont be the last. As MissM13 points out, its frustrating as hell, mainly because the show is so widely available in Canada. It’d be different if the show has never been shown in Canada before.

Comment by Dave – September 6, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So sorry you’re having trouble….just a quick run down of the promo…Its starts off going when you’re in space no one can hear you scream and then shows Howard getting a call from his mother in space. Then it shows Penny and Leonard trying to have dinner in Leonards apartment alone together and Raj butting in. Then finally it shows Sheldon and Amy in a nice restaurant. Sheldon is sitting at the table and Amy is standing and she says We’re done. Sheldon say no wait I need you, Amy stops and says you do? Sheldon replys yes you’re my ride..Looks like a FABULOUS premeire!

Comment by c – September 6, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I found the video, but thanks for the rundown c. Appreciate it.

Comment by BCsDave – September 6, 2012 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Another Cdn here, so I appreciate the rundown as well. Thanks c.

Comment by Linda – September 7, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t “thank” TVLine, thank CBS for blocking it out of the US. Don’t get me wrong, it pisses me off as much as it does to you (I’m in Spain), but I don’t think it’s fair to blame TVLine for it. They just get the original/official source and post it. How are they supposed to know if something is region-locked, if they’re in the US in the first place? They can’t until we tell them.

Comment by Delirious – September 7, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not TVLine’s fault. CTV has the rights to BBT in Canada, so you’re only supposed to see clips supplied by CTV. It’s a copyrights issue.

Comment by TV Gord – September 7, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Care to explain how the video can be seen from EW website, then?

Comment by MissM13 – September 7, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • International video link please?! another Canadian :)

Comment by guardingthesea – September 6, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apparently cant post links in the comments but search for “The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Promo” on Youtube. I believe its the same promo, if i’m not mistaken.

Comment by Dave – September 6, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am pretty sure you can’t posts links on tvline. Whenever I try the comment never appears. (I for one don’t mind the absence of dating sight spam lol)

Comment by Lauren – September 6, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I dont mind that links in general are banned from TVLine but links like Youtube shouldnt be. TVline should have certain video websites that are approved, they can control them.

Comment by BCsDave – September 6, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! I had posted the link to the video on ew.com, which is available to Canadian audiences and tvline.com took my comment down.
    So, not only can they not bother to get the video available to us – but they are not a good sport about it.
    That’s it tvline: I’m gone.

Comment by MissM13 – September 6, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just need to be creative, like people do with links for “at” with @. People will figure it out.

Comment by BCsDave – September 6, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Amy and Sheldon but I’m getting a little tired of the slow pace of their relationship and the back and forth between it. I think its about time for Amy and Sheldon to sleep together. I mean I’m sure I’m not the only one to wonder if Amy is a virgin and we all know that Sheldon is. I know it would be highly unlikely for Sheldon to do given his nature and personality but the aftermath would be HILARIOUS!!

Comment by A – September 6, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I waiting for Amy to attack Sheldon with a kiss.

Comment by BCsDave – September 6, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s done that already. Remember when he bought her a tiara.

Comment by A – September 7, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Sheldon and Penny together! Í like Amy but honestly, Sheldon needs someone who is the opposite of him to draw him out, not exactly like him. And Jim and Kaley have chemistry in spades.

Comment by Ella – September 6, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, but I think that’s a relationship that would be ruined if the writers tried to go in that direction. It’d also be a little out of character for both of them, I think. It’d be like when they tried to force Rachel and Joey on Friends, or Roz and Frasier on Frasier.

Comment by Summer – September 7, 2012 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way on god’s green earth would Sheldon and Penny ever be together. Haven’t you watched the show the last five years?

Comment by Bob – September 7, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are we talking about the same Sheldon? I love Penny, I do, but Sheldon needs someone who he can relate and talk to. Amy makes him feel safe. She is familiar. She is the only one who can ease him out of his comfort zone at his own time and that is the only real way to change him. And Jim and Mayim are super close, watch comic con.

Comment by Gabby – September 15, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes they do. sheldon and amy just don’t do it for me and apparently t’hey don’t do it for alot of people either. you’re not the only one.

Comment by don – December 21, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post