Exclusive

Exclusive: Find Out The Real Reason True Blood Stuck a Pin In Sookie and Alcide

True Blood Sookie AlcideThough True Blood tried to distract viewers with everything from Vampire Tara to Evil Bill, we never forgot that this was supposed to be the season that Sookie hooked up with Alcide. So WTH happened?

“The decision to not do it this season [came about because] every single season, it’s been all about Sookie falling in love with this person or that person,” exiting showrunner Alan Ball tells TVLine. “It seemed like she had enough on her plate this season to not just [say], ‘Okay, now Sookie’s gonna fall in love with Alcide!’”

RELATED | True Blood Boss Alan Ball Confirms: [Spoiler] is DEFINITELY Dead

So that’s… it? The wolfman covers up his ex-girlfriend’s murder for her, she pukes on him, and that’s… it? No, no, no, Ball is quick to reassure.

“That doesn’t man that that door is closed,” he insists. Or at least it isn’t locked. “All of these supernatural guys in town carry a big torch for Sookie – even Eric, who doesn’t want to admit it.”

RELATED | Why Did True Blood Write Out Hoyt?

What do you think? Are you sorry the show separated Sookie and Alcide before they’d even gotten together? Or did you think she needed another beau about as much as Bon Temps needed another fire monster?

1. Jenna says:

Eric and Sookie = BOOOORRING!

Alcide and Sookie = YAWW!

Bill and Sookie = Perfect!

2. Sandy says:

This was by far the worst season yet. True Blood is my favorite show, and I look forward to it every year… but this year I was let down and completely lost interest. Please make next year better.

3. Wendy says:

Sookie and Alcide were never ment to be. I know he show has strayed way off the books but Sookie always loved Eric wether she admits it or not. Alcide and Sookie should stay friend zoned. Just like her and Sam.

4. nicky says:

why cant she just have a massive orgy with all three men, it doesn’t need to be real it could just be a dream lol. just to see all of them naked at once xD

5. alex says:

I really want Eric to stop being an arse and just tell Sookie how he feels, I hate Nora with a passion! Even though I think Alchide might be good for sookie, just for her to have some fun for once, he will always be in the friends zone despite how big his muscles are. Eric and Sookie have the best chemistry ever, the attraction and tension around them is amazing and Eric is so jealous! I love it ‘yes she is amazing and she’s MINE’ Eric is that sexy territorial guy, Bill never bats an eye lid, borrrrrrrrrrring. Yes Bill was her first love and blah blah blah, but the world moves on and I never really thought Sookie and Bill were great together, I thought they were too intense and depressing even in season 1, it wasn’t exciting like Eric and Sookie!

• Ash says:

Bill and Sookie are dead anyways, Bill chose to become an evil god over Sookie, right in front of her, while Eric chose to fight for the people he loves. It’s that simple.

Hey, this isn’t all on Eric either. Sookie doesn’t want him back yet, Sookie knows EXACTLY how Eric feels, he told her “I love you” in ep. 10, those simple words that Eric probably hasn’t said in hundreds of years.

Nora isn’t his girlfriend, they aren’t together. She’s his vampire sister who he bones once in a while, and he’s only doing it because he’s not with Sookie and she rejected him, that’s it.

Eric and Sookie will get back together once they both see they can’t fight the love between them.

6. Carolyn says:

I definitely don’t want to see Alcide leave the show. But, Alan Ball was right about her having too many love interests. Plus she was showing through half the season so it would not have worked. The books are the same way with all the supes falling for Sookie. I want to see her end up with Eric because I love the love/hate relationship they have. He loves her, but doesn’t take her bossiness or any crap from her. I like Bill, but he was the wimpiest vampire, whining over Sookie. That’s the way it is in the book series too, though. I really enjoyed season four where Bill finally grew some balls, but then he did a 180 in season five. I want to see Alcide find a Were girlfriend, Bill get nasty, and Eric and Sookie get together, officially.

• Ashley says:

Amen x1000, except I didn’t like Bill in S4, that was the start of his power hungry reign, and his manipulative, lying, and weak willed tendencies didn’t stop. He even stole Eric’s speech that he said when Bill was about to off him once again and used it on Sookie to try and get her back. As far as Alcide, I don’t care if he doesn’t leave the show, just as long as he keeps his paws away from Sookie and stick with werewolves.

Eric truly loves Sookie, and any doubters were proven wrong by the finale. It couldn’t have been made more clear why Eric is perfect for Sookie. Only he would get that Sookie would respond with “I’m a waitress” when asked what she was, only Eric would never make Sookie feel like a freak like EVERYONE else has (as seen in ep. 7 when Sookie thought about all those times that people made her feel that way, like Russell, Maryanne, and Bill, and Eric was NOT among that group). He gets her completely.

7. Astari Tamzil says:

Eric and Sookie for sure! their chemistry is inevitable! please..please..please Mr. Alan Ball??!!

8. Ashley says:

It’s only Eric and Sookie for me, all day every day. Alcide can go weight lift or whatever. Seems like the only reason to ship Sookie/Alcide is because of his muscles, which don’t impress me. He got a new girlfriend the day after their almost drunken hook up, then didn’t call her. It’s not like he got rejected or heartbroken, and it’s not like he loves Sookie. Attraction is not love. And Sookie is barely attracted and that’s it. Sookie loves Eric, and Eric loves her. It’s that simple.

9. missron says:

i’m actually getting quite over the whole back and forth romantic relationships on this show. its fun having some that are tension filled but all of them? would like to see Sookie and Eric get a real chance to be a couple for a while. have everything around them be crazy but have them be stable. for the love of all that is good please have one stable relationship!!!!! and i’m not team eric because of the books but because they have the better chemistry. bill is a whiny annoying douche and the sooner sookie realises it the better……….

10. albert says:

actually bill is sookie first love and she must end up with bill ….

11. Kymm says:

I love Vampire Bill and Sookie together. The first few episode in Season one have always been my fav. I think Bill and Sookie have loads of chemistry. “The shower scene” They just never stood a chance at it going anywhere. To much soap opera crap. Please bring back the humor.

12. Serena says:

I know we have not gone off the books for the past few seasons but we really need us some Quinn. Always go back to Eric but give use Quinn for just a little bit pleeeaaaassseeee.

13. lena says:

I have cardboard in my garage that is more interesting than Alcide. If he hooks up with Sookie, I won’t be watching. No interest. None at all.

Bill is an abusive douchebag. Sookie should never go back to him. People who ship Bill and Sookie must be extreme misogynists. Also, Bill is too old and I do not want to see him naked. Disgusting!

I love Eric. Not only is he the sexiest beast ever, but he loves Sookie and is there for her.

14. scarlet says:

guys i want to kno in the books does sookiw will end up with bill or eric cause if with eric i want to read the books..if it not then i will just pass..i like true blood because of sookie and eric..i just watch their moments

15. Truefan says:

Find Alcide really unattractive. No one holds a candle to Eric . Wish they would team him up with someone better than Sookie.

16. Jodee says:

Screw the Vamps. Bring on the Supes. I hope they bring in Quinn and give him more of a story than he had in the books like they did with Tara and LaFayette. I love Alcide and Sookie together so that’s definitely my second choice. It would be nice to see Sookie with someone who is NOT using her for a change!

17. sonya says:

First I never liked the Sookie, Eric thing I perfered Eric when he was bad vampire. This I have feelings Eric is no fun. As for Alcide, Sookie I have been waiting that since th first time I saw them together. Alcide is soooo hot who could resist tht wolf call ???? Not me.

18. MKing says:

***Book spoilers*** Don’t read it if you haven’t or are planning to read the books…

They’re staying true to the books. Sookie never ended up with Alcide. Just a few kisses… and once, she awoke with Alcide naked in her bed… but that’s it…

19. Mel Mather says:

Well, i absolutely LOVE Eric and Sookie! and i would love to see more of them in season 6, but i have been wondering for a while… does anyone know if the actors really have sex on set..? just curious :)TEAM ERIC ALL THE WAY! sorry bill….

20. honeybee says:

I want Sookie and Alcide to have some hot sex! I definitely saw some chemistry in their kissing scene and was hoping they would get it on but then Bill and Eric came to cock block..I liked her with all 3 ha ha although her and Bill’s love felt most real

21. mekare says:

ich finde dass sookie und eric zusammen gehören. das sookie jetzt mit alcide rummacht, nervt mich ehrlich gesagt schon sehr. alcide liebt sookie wirklich und war immer für sie da. im gegensatz zu ihren anderen lovern. lange wird es nicht halten zwischen den beiden, schade für alcide. er ist mein absoluter liebling bei trueblood, dann kommt wikingergott eric. die werwolfbitches waren absolut nicht die nicht die richtigen frauen für so einen gestandenen kerl. ich gestehe:ich bin total verknallt in alcide bzw joe. meine vermutung:eric und sookie kommen doch noch “richtig” zusammen-bill hin oder her. für “meinen” heißen Traumwerwolf wünsche ich mir das rothaarige heiße vampgirl jessica! das wäre doch eine heiße verbindung. aber jessica hängt ja leider irgendwie an schnarchnase jason…aber mann/frau weiß ja nicht, was in den tb-macher so rumschwirrt…lassen wir uns überraschen!

22. Ketna says:

I’m in love with True Blood, such a mixture and exciting….. But yes Eric all the way…. I hope he is/ still there for season 7……….