Hot Video: Vampire Diaries Season 4 Trailer Serves Up Sex! Death! Crashes! And Punches!

Leave it to a show like The CW’s The Vampire Diaries to shock and awe us using just a trailer for its upcoming Season 4, premiering Oct. 11 at 8/7c.

PHOTO | Exclusive Vampire Diaries First Look: A Magical ‘Reunion’ For Bonnie and Jeremy

In this juicy sneak peek, Elena has to grapple with the fact that she’s dead and she needs to feed or die (for good), Damon warns. But that’s not all! Bonnie comes up with a really dangerous plan to save her pal, Damon takes his anger out on Matt, Caroline and Tyler’s clothes go bye-bye, the blonde vamp (and Rebecca?) go flying in a car crash (while arrested?!) and Sheriff Forbes has a stern warning for some new baddies.

Check out the preview below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the much anticipated return!

1. Lorena says:

Well, remember that one is not Tyler, it is Klaus, so that is why he is sooooo happy right now

2. iMember says:

I am REALLY excited for this season and to see VampElena, but for some reason this promo didn’t get me as excited as I want to be. I think it was the music. A good song, but it didn’t match the feel that the promo should have had. That said, I really hope Season 4 is better than Season 3, because Season 3 was just “eeeh.”

3. iMember says:

Another thought, they better do something with Klaus. Him chasing after Caroline last season really damaged his character and not in a good way at all. I miss scary Klaus who was always one step ahead with a plan. Least season was all “Kill Klaus! Kill Klaus!” and that never happened. So, I really hope something happens this season and Klaus is actually scary and evil again. Though, with Elena as a vampire, he doesn’t even serve much purpose anymore.

• 1 says:

ITA…That’s totally not Klaus. What’s he up to?

• Russ says:

True. He needs to draw Caroline into him and turn her a little bad. That would be awesome, she falls for him and changes side and explores turning off her emotions. Then in the end has to stake him even though she loves him. Like a Buffy/Angel thing.

• silly says:

they can’t kill him because then Damon, Stefan, Caroline, Tyler & Elena (heard somewhere that it was Damons Blood she had in her system) die…

• Imember says:

Klaus is just a serpent he dont care about Caroline he jus wants to be by eleana he always one step ahead cus he’s the don

4. Becca Porter says:

I am sad that these videos never work on my iPad. :(

5. Bonnie Colvert says:

Omg! Cannot wait!

6. tigersmurfette says:

sure. the preview shows them all in peril. but that wont even last one whole episode. no tension. ugh. still, pretty pretty eye candy dont hurt.

• Rachel says:

agree. I think the show is loosing focus with no build-up anymore. The stories of the characters are sort of all over the place, but like tigersmufette said, you have still have the eye candy and unfortunately, that’s all there is left.

• silly says:

um no the show is still good but I think they have to stop with the triangle because that is too much… they should focus on something else… maybe on Team Salvatore! They are so good if they work together!

7. Reward says:

I wanna Katherine. Stop.

8. Stamanah says:

I am so excited for this :)

9. rebecca says:

i cannot believe how excited i am for this season to start, and totally cannot wait for more Elena/Damon. Bring it onnnnn.

• J says:

I want more Delena, too! I don’t care if she sticks with her Stephen choice for now (I wouldn’t want her to be so wishy-washy) but I’m dying for some really great Delena scenes even if they’re fighting. Can’t wait for this season to start!!!!!

10. Nicole says:

So excited for this season. Can’t wait!

11. Who was in the ban besides Caroline??? Was it Rebekah???

12. Ben says:

I really like caroline’s mom. I hope she gets more screen time in season 4.

13. Ali says:

If they figure out a way to keep Elena from becoming a vampire, that is such a cop out.

• silly says:

they won’t… she will be a vampire by the end of episode 1

• Stick to the books! says:

I hope you are right, but by these videos I doubt it very much that Elena will be allowed to become a full blown vampire…I’m pretty certain they will have Bonnie do some stupid and freaking unbelievable maneuver to get Elena out of it…I will be so pissed if that happens! Why don’t they follow the books more closely? It really escapes me the reason why the writers from these shows deviate sooo much from the story lines that made the books (and the shows) successful in the first place…that is just idiotic!

14. C says:

O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Damonandelenaforever says:

I heard that klaus may not be the blood line and I can’t wait to see season 4 I am so excited hehe

16. Elyse says:

i cant wait!

17. AJ says:

Too bad this isn’t on hbo or showtime, make it like True Blood.

Imagine the sex scenes.

Nina is hot as hell!

18. jessica says:

i think rebecca created their blood line, hence big secrets about to be revealed in the flash back episode involving her and some vampire hunter that was teased to change everything.

19. Hayley says:

Soooo here’s a thought (coming from a Klaroline shipper): Julie said that Klaus wont be in Tyler’s body for very long. What if, by the time the clothes come off, that’s Tyler again? Besides, I’m pretty sure JoMo was at the table read for 4×01. And I don’t think Klaus would do that; sleep with her without being in his own body. Otherwise, he could have just compelled her.

20. Emily says:

Hell, I’ll take that any day over the mess that is true blood, I like VD better now days, and that’s something I thought I’d NEVER say.

• What a shame says:

Isn’t that sad? I remember the days when True Blood was so good, I used to experience anxiety attacks brought on by withdrawal symptoms between episodes…lol…that’s the way these shows get after they are successful…what a shame! This show is becoming just trashy and the story line is so convoluted, it is hard and painful to watch…

21. Linda316 says:

klaus is the bloodline. rebekah was talking with elijah and she said she was NOT the one. elijah also said he was NOT the one and said neither was kol. they were confused as to why the vamps weren’t dead if klaus was, only because they didn’t know he was now in tyler. also, klaus already said he would never compel caroline so i’m hoping he won’t cross the line while in tyler. he probably won’t cause he seems to genuinely want her to like him honestly. i think he wants or needs to be able to know she likes him without forcing her.

22. Sbeautifulife says:

I am out of mind EXCITED about this new season!!! Here’s what I hope happens.
    1. Delena needs to happen or I will hunt those producers down and kill every1 of them… jk for u peeps on the uptight side :p
    2. Bonnie NEEDS to die. Period. She’s a bitch. So is Rebecca. They should go. Idc in what order.
    3. Stephan and Katherine (Um, duh. They’d be good for each other)… + Damon and Elena can be together :p
    4. Jeremy needs to fall in love, get married, have a couple of kids and get out of the picture. He tends to whine a lot.
    5. Klaus (YUM!) needs to become a good guy… or at least an ally.
    6. Elijah needs to come back. Love when he’s there!
    7. They should put me in the show :D
    8. They should find out who created the blood line
    9. And Elena should quit whining about every little thing. Seriously, they need to give her a bit of spine
    That’s it! If this beautiful list happens, I will be sooooooo happy :)

23. Barb says:

I was really hoping Damon would get a chance to let Elena remember the first time they met. Maybe since she’ll have enhanced emotions (maybe) it’ll be harder for her to just choose.

24. heather says:

loved it cant wait for the epsiode 13 days woo

25. Vonwalk says:

Especially when Elena said ” maybe if we had met first”. Well her & Damon did. She should remember now she’s in transition. It’s my hope anyway. Damon is obviously her love that consumes her. Stephen is too safe.

26. Bored to tears says:

I am starting to hate Stefan with a passion…argg…I just feel like punching him in the mouth every time he comes off with one of his wishy-washy lines…freaking-good-for-nothing-goody-two-shoes!!! If it were up to him, Elena would’ve died long, LONG time ago…Puhhleazze… On the other hand, Elena needs to grow some cojones and face the consequences of her choices. She has become a martyr for all causes and that is getting old pretty fast…quite boring if you ask me! Just like the Stefan/Elena relationship…zzzzzz…b.o.r.i.n.g…C’mon writers, we need some action, some sexual tension…something different! The show is getting sooooo predictable is not even funny…oh, another thing, Bonnie gotta go NOW…insufferable little bitch…eww

• Sbeautifulife says:

Haha get out of my head! Right now!!! Check out my rant you’ll see what I mean. Completely ridiculous how deep in my head you are right now :p

27. Azhir says:

I love seeing Damon and Elena together.. I love the badboy image Damon have. :)