Fall TV Preview

Hot Video: Vampire Diaries Season 4 Trailer Serves Up Sex! Death! Crashes! And Punches!

Leave it to a show like The CW’s The Vampire Diaries to shock and awe us using just a trailer for its upcoming Season 4, premiering Oct. 11 at 8/7c.

PHOTO | Exclusive Vampire Diaries First Look: A Magical ‘Reunion’ For Bonnie and Jeremy

In this juicy sneak peek, Elena has to grapple with the fact that she’s dead and she needs to feed or die (for good), Damon warns. But that’s not all! Bonnie comes up with a really dangerous plan to save her pal, Damon takes his anger out on Matt, Caroline and Tyler’s clothes go bye-bye, the blonde vamp (and Rebecca?) go flying in a car crash (while arrested?!) and Sheriff Forbes has a stern warning for some new baddies.

Check out the preview below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the much anticipated return!

Comments (51)

• Well, remember that one is not Tyler, it is Klaus, so that is why he is sooooo happy right now

Comment by Lorena – September 4, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The thought of Klaus doing the deed with Caroline in Tyler’s body is disturbing. I really hope they don’t go there and it either gets interrupted or it’s just a deep passionate make-out in the forest. PS. I’m not a shipper before anyone reaches for my throat. I’m just saying.

Comment by iMember – September 4, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know, maybe if is Klaus in his body, but that is freak

Comment by Lorena – September 4, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Julie already confirmed that it won’t go that far.

Comment by Elaine – September 4, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Clothes are coming off and they are kissing- that’s still pretty creepy even if they don’t go all the way to having sex.

Comment by Sam – September 4, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed!

Comment by iMember – September 4, 2012 12:40 PM PDT
          • well it’s Klaus… he isn’t the good guy! So he doesn’t care what is right and what is wrong! But Caroline won’t be too happy about this :D

Comment by silly – September 5, 2012 07:42 AM PDT
  • Video is missing.

Comment by Lawrence Callaghan – September 4, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am REALLY excited for this season and to see VampElena, but for some reason this promo didn’t get me as excited as I want to be. I think it was the music. A good song, but it didn’t match the feel that the promo should have had. That said, I really hope Season 4 is better than Season 3, because Season 3 was just “eeeh.”

Comment by iMember – September 4, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • season 3 of vampire diaries wasn’t as good as season 1 and 2 but it was 100 times better than season 3 + 4 + 5 together of true blood (a show i once loved)…

Comment by silly – September 5, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THIS is a true statement.

Comment by Matt – September 5, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • O ho. This.
        This trailer was a let down…. it showed the most important moments from the premiere and I just cannot deal w/ whiny Elena… OWN the vampireness, girl!

Comment by Danielle H – September 5, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another thought, they better do something with Klaus. Him chasing after Caroline last season really damaged his character and not in a good way at all. I miss scary Klaus who was always one step ahead with a plan. Least season was all “Kill Klaus! Kill Klaus!” and that never happened. So, I really hope something happens this season and Klaus is actually scary and evil again. Though, with Elena as a vampire, he doesn’t even serve much purpose anymore.

Comment by iMember – September 4, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA…That’s totally not Klaus. What’s he up to?

Comment by 1 – September 4, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. He needs to draw Caroline into him and turn her a little bad. That would be awesome, she falls for him and changes side and explores turning off her emotions. Then in the end has to stake him even though she loves him. Like a Buffy/Angel thing.

Comment by Russ – September 4, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they can’t kill him because then Damon, Stefan, Caroline, Tyler & Elena (heard somewhere that it was Damons Blood she had in her system) die…

Comment by silly – September 5, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Klaus is just a serpent he dont care about Caroline he jus wants to be by eleana he always one step ahead cus he’s the don

Comment by Imember – October 10, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad that these videos never work on my iPad. :(

Comment by Becca Porter – September 4, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg! Cannot wait!

Comment by Bonnie Colvert – September 4, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sure. the preview shows them all in peril. but that wont even last one whole episode. no tension. ugh. still, pretty pretty eye candy dont hurt.

Comment by tigersmurfette – September 4, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree. I think the show is loosing focus with no build-up anymore. The stories of the characters are sort of all over the place, but like tigersmufette said, you have still have the eye candy and unfortunately, that’s all there is left.

Comment by Rachel – September 4, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • um no the show is still good but I think they have to stop with the triangle because that is too much… they should focus on something else… maybe on Team Salvatore! They are so good if they work together!

Comment by silly – September 5, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna Katherine. Stop.

Comment by Reward – September 4, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for this :)

Comment by Stamanah – September 4, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cannot believe how excited i am for this season to start, and totally cannot wait for more Elena/Damon. Bring it onnnnn.

Comment by rebecca – September 4, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want more Delena, too! I don’t care if she sticks with her Stephen choice for now (I wouldn’t want her to be so wishy-washy) but I’m dying for some really great Delena scenes even if they’re fighting. Can’t wait for this season to start!!!!!

Comment by J – September 7, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for this season. Can’t wait!

Comment by Nicole – September 4, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who was in the ban besides Caroline??? Was it Rebekah???

Comment by Vivs (@vivspach) – September 4, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like caroline’s mom. I hope she gets more screen time in season 4.

Comment by Ben – September 4, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they figure out a way to keep Elena from becoming a vampire, that is such a cop out.

Comment by Ali – September 5, 2012 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they won’t… she will be a vampire by the end of episode 1

Comment by silly – September 5, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope you are right, but by these videos I doubt it very much that Elena will be allowed to become a full blown vampire…I’m pretty certain they will have Bonnie do some stupid and freaking unbelievable maneuver to get Elena out of it…I will be so pissed if that happens! Why don’t they follow the books more closely? It really escapes me the reason why the writers from these shows deviate sooo much from the story lines that made the books (and the shows) successful in the first place…that is just idiotic!

Comment by Stick to the books! – October 3, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by C – September 5, 2012 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heard that klaus may not be the blood line and I can’t wait to see season 4 I am so excited hehe

Comment by Damonandelenaforever – September 5, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant wait!

Comment by Elyse – September 5, 2012 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad this isn’t on hbo or showtime, make it like True Blood.

Imagine the sex scenes.

Nina is hot as hell!

Comment by AJ – September 5, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think rebecca created their blood line, hence big secrets about to be revealed in the flash back episode involving her and some vampire hunter that was teased to change everything.

Comment by jessica – September 5, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooo here’s a thought (coming from a Klaroline shipper): Julie said that Klaus wont be in Tyler’s body for very long. What if, by the time the clothes come off, that’s Tyler again? Besides, I’m pretty sure JoMo was at the table read for 4×01. And I don’t think Klaus would do that; sleep with her without being in his own body. Otherwise, he could have just compelled her.

Comment by Hayley – September 6, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell, I’ll take that any day over the mess that is true blood, I like VD better now days, and that’s something I thought I’d NEVER say.

Comment by Emily – September 10, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t that sad? I remember the days when True Blood was so good, I used to experience anxiety attacks brought on by withdrawal symptoms between episodes…lol…that’s the way these shows get after they are successful…what a shame! This show is becoming just trashy and the story line is so convoluted, it is hard and painful to watch…

Comment by What a shame – October 3, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • klaus is the bloodline. rebekah was talking with elijah and she said she was NOT the one. elijah also said he was NOT the one and said neither was kol. they were confused as to why the vamps weren’t dead if klaus was, only because they didn’t know he was now in tyler. also, klaus already said he would never compel caroline so i’m hoping he won’t cross the line while in tyler. he probably won’t cause he seems to genuinely want her to like him honestly. i think he wants or needs to be able to know she likes him without forcing her.

Comment by Linda316 – September 15, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am out of mind EXCITED about this new season!!! Here’s what I hope happens.
    1. Delena needs to happen or I will hunt those producers down and kill every1 of them… jk for u peeps on the uptight side :p
    2. Bonnie NEEDS to die. Period. She’s a bitch. So is Rebecca. They should go. Idc in what order.
    3. Stephan and Katherine (Um, duh. They’d be good for each other)… + Damon and Elena can be together :p
    4. Jeremy needs to fall in love, get married, have a couple of kids and get out of the picture. He tends to whine a lot.
    5. Klaus (YUM!) needs to become a good guy… or at least an ally.
    6. Elijah needs to come back. Love when he’s there!
    7. They should put me in the show :D
    8. They should find out who created the blood line
    9. And Elena should quit whining about every little thing. Seriously, they need to give her a bit of spine
    That’s it! If this beautiful list happens, I will be sooooooo happy :)

Comment by Sbeautifulife – September 17, 2012 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping Damon would get a chance to let Elena remember the first time they met. Maybe since she’ll have enhanced emotions (maybe) it’ll be harder for her to just choose.

Comment by Barb – September 17, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe they mentioned in a previous season that you remember compulsions when you are in transition. thats how stephen realized that he was compelled to love katherine.

Comment by ab2113 – September 22, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and to be ok with drinking her blood

Comment by ab2113 – September 22, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved it cant wait for the epsiode 13 days woo

Comment by heather – September 29, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Especially when Elena said ” maybe if we had met first”. Well her & Damon did. She should remember now she’s in transition. It’s my hope anyway. Damon is obviously her love that consumes her. Stephen is too safe.

Comment by Vonwalk – October 3, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am starting to hate Stefan with a passion…argg…I just feel like punching him in the mouth every time he comes off with one of his wishy-washy lines…freaking-good-for-nothing-goody-two-shoes!!! If it were up to him, Elena would’ve died long, LONG time ago…Puhhleazze… On the other hand, Elena needs to grow some cojones and face the consequences of her choices. She has become a martyr for all causes and that is getting old pretty fast…quite boring if you ask me! Just like the Stefan/Elena relationship…zzzzzz…b.o.r.i.n.g…C’mon writers, we need some action, some sexual tension…something different! The show is getting sooooo predictable is not even funny…oh, another thing, Bonnie gotta go NOW…insufferable little bitch…eww

Comment by Bored to tears – October 3, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha get out of my head! Right now!!! Check out my rant you’ll see what I mean. Completely ridiculous how deep in my head you are right now :p

Comment by Sbeautifulife – October 3, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love seeing Damon and Elena together.. I love the badboy image Damon have. :)

Comment by Azhir – November 15, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post