Awake Creator Kyle Killen Sells Pilot to ABC

Get More: Pilots

ABC has given a put pilot commitment to a new project from Awake creator Kyle Killen.

Titled Influence, the “provocative workplace ensemble” drama centers on two brothers — one a bipolar genius well-versed in human psychology and the other a former con artist — who run an agency aiming to solve problems by using “the real science of human motivation and manipulation.”

RELATED | Fall 2012 TV Preview — New Shows, Fresh Faces and More!

Our sister site Deadline first reported the news.

RELATED | Awake Creator Nixes One Theory, Hints Dream-y Finale Was In Fact Britten’s Worst Nightmare

Killen — who will pen and exec-produce Influence –most recently created NBC’s Awake, which, while a critical darling, lasted just one season. He also created Fox’s well-reviewed-but-ill-fated Lone Star the previous year.

Tags:

Comments (21)

• i oved Awake, i hope his ned show does well, also, he is kinda hot,

Comment by rod – September 4, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *i loved awake and i hope his new show does well

Comment by rod – September 4, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please make Jason Isaacs one of the brothers!!! Please let ABC stand behind their programs since NBC doesn’t care about their viewer’s opinions!

Comment by Jennifer – September 4, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks good, I’ll definitely watch even if it is cancelled before it’s time. Maybe Kyle Killen will be known for creating shows that are really under appreciated by networks and are remembered long after cancellation. . . Not bad if you ask me

Comment by Patrick Maloney – September 4, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news…I so wish there was a way to bring back Awake. But if Kyle Killen can find a way to incorporate Jason Isaacs into this new show, that would be awesome!

Comment by Linderella – September 4, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both of his shows…but why do networks keep picking up his shows if he doesn’t exactly have a good track record for success? This one sounds a little less high concept though so maybe it will appeal to the unintelligent masses…

Comment by Alex – September 4, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved lone star and the pilot for awake was incredible though it’s sad to say that I didn’t watch the rest because school and work got the better of me, I would def watch this

Comment by Juan – September 4, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm. Seems interesting. If it gets a pickup, I might check it out.

Comment by nick1372 – September 4, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tried Lone Star… didn’t take. I was very excited about Awake. 4 episodes in, I quit. If this one fails, hopefully there’s a 3 strike rule.

Comment by Jason – September 4, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kyle Killen’s work is too cerebral for network television. Awake was brilliant and devastating. Few people like to think that much, when they’ve got the option of Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore.

Comment by Dew – September 4, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED Awake. I’ll give this a shot.

Comment by Jan – September 4, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss awake!! it was such an amazing show!

Comment by Lea – September 4, 2012 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Tom Welling in this! XD

Comment by Paola – September 5, 2012 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just gonna give this a shot cause awake was awesome

Comment by Nick – September 5, 2012 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He looks suitably anxious in that picture… hoping the third time’s a charm… :-D
    I really don’t get why he hasn’t had more success, his shows have been very well written… I still get chills thinking about the final three episodes of awake.

Comment by Dave – September 5, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still mad about the canceling of Awake. It was amazing show and Jason Isaacs was fantastic in it. I don’t know about this new show; it depends on who they cast in it.

Comment by zaza – September 5, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, does anybody beside me think Kyle Killen could play Ryan’s brother on Castle?

Comment by zaza – September 5, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im still missing awake but ive really got to wonder how many failed shows the guy can take before he starts dumbing down his work so its got a broader appeal, i really wouldnt want that because there arent enough people out there making thought provoking shows like his

Comment by Alan – September 5, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course it’s about two brothers/men, that’s the only relationship TV shows have half the time

Comment by Tessa – September 5, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Tom Welling! I want Tom on my television….yes Tom Welling please!

Comment by Marly – September 5, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds a lot like “Lie to Me.”

Comment by MaryAnn – September 7, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post