What to Watch Sunday: Bad Walt Takes a Break, ABC Teases Its Fall Fare and… Weeds Wedlock?

On TV this Sunday: There’s Breaking Bad news for Walter White fans, ABC gives you a preview of its fall slate, Copper wonders why can’t we all just get along and Weeds may or may not have occasion to say mazel tov. Here, in addition to many Labor Day Weekend marathons and such, are are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

7 pm Into the West (AMC) | The Steven Spielberg-produced miniseries about the exploration of the American West, which debuted in 2005 on TNT, re-airs in weekly, two-hour installments starting tonight. The sprawling cast includes Skeet Ulrich, Keri Russell, Josh Brolin, Rachel Leigh Cook (Perception) and Christian Kane (Leverage).

7 pm ABC’s Primetime Fall Preview Special (ABC) | The hosts of ABC’s The Chew give you the deets on the season ahead. Featured stars include Nashville’s Hayden Panettiere, 666 Park Avenue’s Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams and Last Resort’s Andre Braugher.

RELATED | Fall Preview Headquarters — Video, Photos, Schedules & More!

8 pm Once Upon a Time (ABC) | That sound you hear in this Repeat to Revisit is Snow White’s heart breaking as Prince Charming’s wedding to King Midas’ daughter approaches. Elsewhere, Emma and Regina grow suspicious of a new stranger in town.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Guide to 110 September Premieres and Finales!

9 pm Hell on Wheels (AMC) | Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke helms this week’s episode, in which Cullen must diffuse an internal threat to the railroad after tragedy strikes. (And if you got to this page because you typed “Twilight” and “Cullen” into Google, you might want to refine your search.)

9 pm Leverage (TNT) | The team cons a Wall Street bad guy into breaking his immunity deal by faking the discovery of a legendary antique car.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

10 pm Breaking Bad (AMC) | Mid-season finale: Will the big death in last week’s episode change anything about the way Walt lives his life? Nah, probably not. But he does make a startling and dangerous decision in light of his latest success. The Bad news, though: After this, the final season breaks until next summer.

10 pm Copper (BBC America) | Racial tension plagues Five Points when an Irishman is lynched and hanged, and all evidence indicates a black pastor is responsible – though Corcoran has doubts.

10 pm Weeds (Showtime) | Nancy meets Rabbi Dave’s friends, and we find out whether Andy and Joanna went through with their wedding.

10:30 pm Web Therapy (Showtime) | Newell’s got a 20-year-old beef with Fiona – whose mother is in trouble with the law.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: 25 Fresh Faces That Are on Our Radar – and Should Be on Yours

11 pm Small Town Security (AMC) | Season finale: Per the official release: “Chief urges Lieutenant to work on his love life, or at least his sex life.” Go ahead and see what The Soup’s been talking about… you know you wanna.

Comments (12)

• Leverage
    Breaking Bad

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – September 2, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad !
    Mid Finale
    gotta wait for next year ?

Comment by shinfire – September 2, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad all the way, but I do think it’s bs to put 10 months in the middle of the final season. It’s whack, yo.

Comment by Elf – September 2, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Brother.

Comment by T.T – September 2, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing getting me through the fact that Breaking Bad is off for ten months is that September brings back many of my favourite shows, and then in March Game of Thrones is back, and then Breaking Bad again. TV getting me through TV breaks. I think I should go outside.

Comment by D'Arcy – September 2, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • don’t give into that line of thinking. ever.

Comment by ohlala – September 2, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT then over to PBS for a Masterpiece Mystery Inspector Lewis that I missed the first time around.

Comment by Templar – September 2, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching OUAT and ABC’s fall premiere peek, and then watching stuff on the DVR.

Comment by nick1372 – September 2, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bleh. Why have the people from the Chew do it? They have no business doing that. Should have had the ladies from the View doing it.

Comment by Mark – September 2, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad for sure here. I agree that 10 months as a season break is BS, but maybe this will help Jon Hamm get his Emmy in 2013. I’ll also be watching Weeds and I might check out Into the West. I love pioneer stories. I’ll definitely watch Hell on Wheels though your tidbit about Catherine Hardwicke nearly scared me off of it. Sigh. She directed Thirteen. I’m focusing on that, that’s my happy place. I’m not sure about Small Town Security. The Soup’s description of it being “David Lynch does reality TV” was the kind of description that makes me want to run far, far away. Because unfortunately I still remember the trauma that is Mulholland Drive.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – September 2, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • copper and great food truck race

Comment by William – September 2, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was Hell on Wheels for me! Cullen is so hot! :)

Comment by tahina – September 2, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post