Ratings: Rookie Blue Dips, Big Brother and Hope Slip, Fox News Draws Biggest Crowd

Big Brother drew 5.5 million total viewers while scoring a 1.9 demo rating this Thursday night, marking week-to-week declines of 13 and 17 percent.

That said, BB netted the best demo number on any dial for the night, while Fox News Channel’s coverage of the Republican National Convention was Thursday’s most watched program, with 9.1 million viewers.

Like its time slot rival Big Brother, NBC’s Saving Hope (2.54 mil/0.5) saw week-to-week declines, of 11 and 17 percent, while Rookie Blue (3.8 mil/0/9) — airing an hour earlier this week — dipped just 10 percent.

Reminder: Saving Hope‘s final two episodes of Season 1 will air on Saturdays — on Sept. 8 and 15.

Earlier in the evening, ABC’s just-renewed Wipeout (3.5 mil/1.1) registered drops of 27 and 15 percent.

The CW’s The Next was the night’s steadiest program, shedding just a few (of its few) eyeballs (total audience: 770,000 viewers) and matching its week-ago demo (0.3).

1. TV Gord says:

Blue lost out to the Red States!

2. lll says:

The way NBC is moving Saving Hope to Saturdays sounds like a sign that they won’t be renewed. At least Canadian fans can see the show for a second season.

3. Bonk says:

Saving Hope and Rookie Blue are both set in Toronto, which is odd on American television

• Ari says:

I believe both are Canadian shows that American television has picked up. So it’s not technically American television, it’s just television that airs in America.

• Ally Oop says:

Correction: They are co-productions. However, it looks like Saving Hope will only be produced by its Canadian partner (Bell Media which owns CTV) next year. I know Saving Hope’s first season will be reshown on Bravo (also owned by Bell Media) this fall and rumour has it CTV will roll out the 2nd season in the new year as a replacement show for an as-yet-not-cancelled-new-show. However, American viewers still have hope of seeing the show as it will likely be shopped around various other channels such as ION.

• TV Gord says:

Actually, they are not co-productions. They are Canadian productions which were sold to the American networks. Also, when CTV picked up season two of Saving Hope, they specifically said it was to be produced for summer 2013, so it’s not going to be ready to replace a cancelled show at mid-season.

4. Morgen says:

I would bet that fans of this season’s Big Brother DVR’d it. It’s the best season in years.

5. Evan says:

Rookie Blue was on last night? Not according to my DVR it wasn’t.

• TV Gord says:

It was moved to 9pm by ABC’s coverage at the GOP convention at 10pm.

• kristina Kada says:

I know in the DC area it has not been showing for at least 3 weeks… I have been using HULU to catch the episodes that I keep missing, If they dont broadcast it in parts of the country do they really not expect a dip in rating?

• Kim R says:

It wasn’t on my ABC channel at all. I caught it on the Canadian Global TV.

6. sherknd says:

I’m in Cali and the Chargers/49er’s game was on, when it was over, they showed Rookie Blue “already in progress”. It was half over so I waited to watch it on demand.

7. Chels says:

Rookie Blue has been airing for the last 2 weeks at 1:30 am instead of its normal slot. So glad I have dvr to catch it but I like watching it while it’s on.

8. forwarddad says:

Beg to disagree this is by far BB’s worst season.

9. Denise says:

Rookie Blue wasn’t on in our area… we got treated to Football instead.

10. Ryan says:

Rookie Blue was also pre-empted in my area by football. I was disappointed but if it gets pre-empted this week, especially after seeing the global promo, I’ll hurt someone. 24 hours is a long time to wait for substantial storyline movement on the Andy/Sam front.

11. Ruby says:

Rookie Blue was joined in progress (about 20 minutes in) after the convention. My viewing party was pissed that Romney was so long-winded.

12. Bob says:

Gee, there’s a shocker – Faux News had the highest ratings for the GOP convention. Go figure.