Happy Endings Scoop: Will 2 Broke Girls’ Nick Zano Be the Cure for Penny's Broken Heart?

Here’s some ah-mah-zing news for Happy Ending’s Penny: You’re about to get a boyfriend who sticks around for a while!

Nick Zano – who played 2 Broke Girls heartbreaker Johnny – has signed on to appear in at least six episodes of the ABC comedy, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATEDHappy Endings Exclusive: Rob Corddry Cast as Jane’s New [Spoiler]

His story will pair him with Casey Wilson’s perpetually single Penny, whose feelings for pal Dave were shut down in the Season 2 finale by the apparent rekindling of his romance with former fiancée Alex.

Zano’s character, Pete, will first show up in the fifth episode of Season 3. But theirs is not a case of love at first sight; in fact, Penny thinks she might be too good for him!

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on GleeOnce Upon a TimeHappy EndingsParenthood and More!

Zano’s TV credits include 90210, Drop Dead Diva, The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Cougar Town.

Happy Endings returns to ABC on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 9/8c.

1. Joan says:

I kinda feel sorry for this guy… he’s been guest on so many shows and yet no one seems to notice. Someone give him a show already. He’s handsome and not a bad actor!

• T.T says:

He had a show on the WB for a few seasons. What I like about you with Amanda Bynes and Jennie Garth. He wasn’t the star but he was the main love interest to Amanda’s character for the majority of the show.

• Mark says:

I was surprised he wasn’t listed for tv credits as being from that show as that’s what I mostly know him from.

2. Brandon says:

He was really funny in “What I Like About You,” one of my favorite sitcoms from the past ten years. I’m glad he’s going to be on another of my favorite comedy shows. I have a feeling that the “Happy Endings” writers are going to do a great job at showcasing just how good Nick is at comedy.

3. Summer says:

Year of Penny: Take Two!

4. TT says:

Does anyone else think this guy looks exactly like Brad Pitt? Whenever he was on Two Broke Girls it was all I could think everytime he was on the screen.

5. Jessica says:

I love Nick Zano! & I want Penny to finally find a guy who makes her very happy lol

6. ragincajun says:

Speaking of his Two Broke Girls stint, don’t you think the show should swoop onto Hunter Parrish (Silas from Weeds) as a love interest/business partner? His sense of humor and acting style would be perfect for the show.

7. P says:

This should be fun to see. It’s not often we see a character’s love interest stick around for more than one episode on here. And speaking of What I Like About You, I’d love to see Wesley Jonathan who played Gary on there, guest star on Happy Endings. I think his humor would fit well here.

8. Jared says:

Nick Zano has been on all my favorite shows. Glad to see him on Happy Endings this season..but wouldn’t mind seeing him star in his own show.

9. J says:

Guess things don’t go super well with Brian Austin Green, huh? Poor Penny.

10. Brittany says:

I guess I was the only one who hoped Penny would really hit it off with Brian Austin Green’s character. It would have been nice to see his gorgeous face on my screen again.