Fall TV Preview

Happy Endings Scoop: Will 2 Broke Girls’ Nick Zano Be the Cure for Penny's Broken Heart?

Here’s some ah-mah-zing news for Happy Ending’s Penny: You’re about to get a boyfriend who sticks around for a while!

Nick Zano – who played 2 Broke Girls heartbreaker Johnny – has signed on to appear in at least six episodes of the ABC comedy, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATEDHappy Endings Exclusive: Rob Corddry Cast as Jane’s New [Spoiler]

His story will pair him with Casey Wilson’s perpetually single Penny, whose feelings for pal Dave were shut down in the Season 2 finale by the apparent rekindling of his romance with former fiancée Alex.

Zano’s character, Pete, will first show up in the fifth episode of Season 3. But theirs is not a case of love at first sight; in fact, Penny thinks she might be too good for him!

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on GleeOnce Upon a TimeHappy EndingsParenthood and More!

Zano’s TV credits include 90210, Drop Dead Diva, The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Cougar Town.

Happy Endings returns to ABC on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 9/8c.

Comments (16)

• I kinda feel sorry for this guy… he’s been guest on so many shows and yet no one seems to notice. Someone give him a show already. He’s handsome and not a bad actor!

Comment by Joan – August 31, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He had a show on the WB for a few seasons. What I like about you with Amanda Bynes and Jennie Garth. He wasn’t the star but he was the main love interest to Amanda’s character for the majority of the show.

Comment by T.T – August 31, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was surprised he wasn’t listed for tv credits as being from that show as that’s what I mostly know him from.

Comment by Mark – August 31, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was really funny in “What I Like About You,” one of my favorite sitcoms from the past ten years. I’m glad he’s going to be on another of my favorite comedy shows. I have a feeling that the “Happy Endings” writers are going to do a great job at showcasing just how good Nick is at comedy.

Comment by Brandon – August 31, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Year of Penny: Take Two!

Comment by Summer – August 31, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else think this guy looks exactly like Brad Pitt? Whenever he was on Two Broke Girls it was all I could think everytime he was on the screen.

Comment by TT – September 1, 2012 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing! with the goatee and hair, he looks exactly like a young Brad Pitt. Com

Comment by Jeremy – February 13, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definately agree with you! :-) Just turned on the Tv and I was like : “what’s Brad Pitt doing in that show?” He could be his twin brother for all I know. yummmmm!

Comment by Claudia – July 2, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO ONE is too good for Nick Zano.

Comment by Conor Shanahan (@ConorShanahan) – September 1, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nick Zano! & I want Penny to finally find a guy who makes her very happy lol

Comment by Jessica – September 1, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Speaking of his Two Broke Girls stint, don’t you think the show should swoop onto Hunter Parrish (Silas from Weeds) as a love interest/business partner? His sense of humor and acting style would be perfect for the show.

Comment by ragincajun – September 1, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be fun to see. It’s not often we see a character’s love interest stick around for more than one episode on here. And speaking of What I Like About You, I’d love to see Wesley Jonathan who played Gary on there, guest star on Happy Endings. I think his humor would fit well here.

Comment by P – September 1, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nick Zano has been on all my favorite shows. Glad to see him on Happy Endings this season..but wouldn’t mind seeing him star in his own show.

Comment by Jared – September 1, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess things don’t go super well with Brian Austin Green, huh? Poor Penny.

Comment by J – September 2, 2012 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I was the only one who hoped Penny would really hit it off with Brian Austin Green’s character. It would have been nice to see his gorgeous face on my screen again.

Comment by Brittany – September 3, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post