Castle First Look: Check Out the New Cast Pics!

Castle‘s fifth season is just around the corner — and we have the photographic evidence to prove it!

With a little more than three weeks to go until the Monday night hit returns, ABC has released fresh portraits of the show’s cast as well as one retro-tinged group shot.

VIDEO | First Castle Promo Previews Rick and Kate’s Morning After

Scroll through the gallery below and then hit the comments with an answer to this rhetorical question: Is Stana Katic capable of taking a bad photo?

• Ali, Sr. says:

Janet Marie – “Ohhhh wow” is right. Some people are “photogenic” and Stana Katic definitely is. My Mom use to say: “well put together”…to this I add grounded. She does not take her new “goddess” public image too seriously and gracefully thanks her fans but does not let it go to her head. I think this too is reflected in her photos therefore the end results make us exclaim:
      “OHHHHH WOW, STANA !!!” :) Ali, Sr.

1. Katherine says:

Wow they all look great! I just love Espo in the purple and no, it is impossible for Stana Katic to take a bad photo.

2. Amber says:

I have a dirty mind after looking at Stana’s picture!! Her looks tells “come here Castle i wanna play” ;) LOL

• zaza says:

Or to put it less delicately, “here is my crotch.” I mean, the way she is sitting is kind of…well, my mother would say…unladylike.

• itsmemartu says:

I love Stana, but that pose is really tacky.

More bimbo tham cop IMO

• Lynn says:

why am I not surprised at this comment ..THE WOMAN IS STUNNING!!

• mco says:

Stana Katic is stunning. However the clothes in the group photo remind me of old TV Shows and movies. In those a woman wearing a raincoat in black alley was there for only one reason. And it wasn’t to sell cookies. And the group photo has a very 80′s feel IMO.
            In the pic where she’s alone. If you look only at her face I agree she’s stunning. However I don’t like her position. Again that remind me of other photo with the same poses and it’s rarely classy women who did that.
            Now is it Stana Katic Choice ? I know she just obey the photographer and wore what she was asked to.
            I maybe older than you but 1 photo won’t change in my mind the usual meaning this one had since early 90′s for me just because they’re Castle photo.
            I was conditionned for almost 20 years to think that when I saw a woman in a raincoat in fiction then she want sex and it’s kind of slutty. Again conditionned for the same kind of meaning with the poses like this one.
            As great Stana Katic and Castle are, you can’t beat 20 years of conditionnement and cliche who have yet to die. And Even Castle plays with it in the show (Or did you forget when the writer of Temptation Lane Describes what the actress who seduced him wears).

• Lynn says:

honestly mco…I can’t really get into this with you. you talk about 1990′s as if that was a hundred years ago and the stereo types you seem to dream into these characters. Really this is just a great, funny entertaining show with great writing a marvelous cast and one which I hope keeps up the mature well rounded arc of the stories. I just intend to sit back and enjoy the show. And hope Marlow and crew continue to produce such quality work!! I am afraid you read way too much into things and certainly much more than I do. And by the way I am probably older then you..I have worn a London Fog raincoat for decades and don’t consider it a sign of anything except perhaps rain!! As for the pose!! very sexy I agree!! slutty..no way but that is just my opinion!!

• mco says:

Yeah but you don’t live in fiction. That’s why I wrote In fiction in the first place.
            And since you seems to watch and read a lot of fiction too, you can’t tell me that when a director show us a woman in a raincoat it’s to tell us that maybe it’ll rain later in the day.
            The group photo, for me, present the character, the cast try to tell us a story. Last year it was the 40′s and I adore how class Beckett was. Ther’re was a Audrey Hepburn feels to it. It was sexy and class like it was during the decade.
            When you watch this year group photo With Gates flashy clothes, Esposito purple suit, Ryan blue one and Beckett now famous raincoat (plus the black alley) it remind me, it remind me those cop tvmovies in the 80′s and early 90 were you had a bad plot and at least 30 minutes of sex scene who were more boring than exciting ( and mostly non-romantic).
            Thus why I find this photo and pictures more trashy than sexy. And I don’t like then because it’s so not castle and so not Beckett as I so her that I think it’s a disservice to the show.
            You know that I really think ? That year ABC publicity dept. Screw up and they should ask Marlowe and the crew who work every day on Castle advices and their opinions before doing that sort of thing. But, as I learnt following Marlowe, Terry Edda and Even Stana (Surprised I am.not a hater) they have no involment in that kind of things. A Shame IMO.
            Because, as a writer, I am sure that Marlowe know the symbol of a beautiful woman in a black alley with a raincoat in fiction. He used it himself on the show. And I am.not sure it is what he wants for Beckett.

• Lynn says:

You tell me you are a writer and live in fiction!! perhaps that is the problem for me. I live in the real world. To me these people are terrific actors telling interesting stories which are well written and presented. They are a great looking cast and the latest photos are amazing!! I am looking forward to season 5. I wish you well!! enjoy the show!!

• mco says:

That you don’t seem to get is that I don’t critics the series nor thle actors or the way they act. Just this photos. I
            i may be a fan and love Castle, its cast and its crew, it doesn’t make me blind to imperfection.
            And For me this photos aren’t about the actors but about the characters as the badge seems to indicate (Or Stana became a cop this summer and we didn’t know it).
            This promotionnal photos are made to present the show and the characters. And for me Alexis and Kate aren’t Alexis and Kate. Don’t get me wrong, Molly Quinn is beautifull, this isn’t Alexis Castle. This isn’t esposito neither nor Gates ( and not even Castle he’s more jeans kind of guy). Since we rarely saw Lanie without her lab coat maybe here it’s her I have no idea. The only ones who ressemble the characters I know and love in this are Martha and Ryan.
            Promotional photo should represent the show. There’s nothing Castlel in them. Or I don’t feel it. Castle is a funny, somewhat sunny and sexy always tacteful dramedy. Do you see that in those photos ? Someone who don’t know Castle and see this poster and want to watch because of it will be in for a big surprise.
            And yes, for me the worst job is done with Beckett. Beckett is a strong and smart woman who became who she is know using her head and because she has such a strong and beautiful drive. She’s hot, but she rarely use it at her advantage. She’s witty and class and can wear anything and make it look perfect just by the way she handle herself. Again, we don’t get that here. Kate Beckett as a cop isn’t a little sexy playfull doll who’s here just to please you, sir. Quite the contrary if you ask me. But that pose, with the badge here, that’s what we had. I have nothing against it as a rule. And I have nothing against bimbo as a rule eitheir. And yes it may be very sexy. It’s just not The Detective Kate Beckett I see every week.

• Kayla says:

Uhhh…. when have we ever seen Castle in jeans???!!!

• mco says:

More often than not, I can assure you.

• Lynn says:

I respect your opinion but I suspect you might also just like to be contrary!! Remember when you said Beckett wearing a trench coat made her look like shall we say a ..loose woman? well re-watch the series from the start…Becket very often in series 1-4 wears a trench coat 0nly difference is it was a black one . So did she look like a shady lady then? The new photos are tremendous..but I agree the reason I like Beckett is she is strong,honest and disciplined…But she can also be very sexy and sultry if she wants to. and over the seasons she has more or less hinted at that. Right from the first show when she told castle he had “no idea” how good their getting together might be!!. So I just see this as a natural progression in her self confidence.But that is mho!!

Really ,really i don’t want to argue with you. Life is too short. Just enjoy the show…if you can! I couldn’t if I dissected every item like you do. But perhaps that is part of your enjoyment. All the best.

• Hannah says:

Don’t blame her. I’ve been in photoshoots before and the photographer chooses the poses. She just did what she was told.

3. me2 says:

Stana looks stunning in every picture, it’s a rule…just a-mah-zing.

4. Mack says:

what a good-looking cast, always!

• asdfasdf says:

Stana’s incredible, as always. And Nathan looks great– he seems to be losing some of the weight he’d put on last year.

What’s really stunned me is Molly Quinn, who looks absolutely radiant. I mean, seriously, how am I the only commenter so far that’s mentioned this? She’s gone from cute and talented teen star to knock-down, drop-dead gorgeous, and without even a hint of the trashiness that you too often see in stars that came of age in Hollywood.

5. CarolH says:

Love every photo…they all look gorgeous…can’t wait for Castle to be back on my TV.

6. snix says:

I love how Stana’s in the most casual getup and yet she looks the most stunning

7. iwpakistani says:

It should be illegal for Stana Katic to be this HOT!!

8. Laura says:

Stana Y u soo perfect

9. g.g72 says:

Love them all!!! Can’t freakin wait!!!!!

10. Katherine says:

A) No, Stana can’t take a bad photo. She must be the most photogenic person on the planet. B) Pretty sure they took Desperate Housewives photos there once. Season 5, maybe? I just remember Dana Delany in a killer red dress on a set that looked like that.

11. Lisa says:

Nathan, you had me at ‘light blue shirt’!

12. Summer says:

This is seriously one of the best looking casts on television.

13. James says:

Stana looks hotter each season if that’s even possible. That’s all I’m saying.

14. VACastlefan says:

The whole cast looks absolutely fabulous! And i agree, it’s pretty impossible for Stana Katic to not look gorgeous. Formal, casual, sexy, fun….she can manifest them all. I had the great fortune of getting to meet her where they were shooting last week–what a thrill! She was personable and generous with her time and is just as lovely as she comes across in photos and interviews. :)

15. Adam says:

Wow! All of them r very good pictures.

16. Superhero says:

Oh, Nathan Fillion. I love you, but I wish you were on a better, more ambitious show. Your buddy Joss has a new thing going, in case you haven’t noticed. How about ending this show after this season and then heading on over to work for S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Well, that probably won’t happen. But I’ll love you either way, and I’ll still watch whatever you make. Even if it happens to be a standard boring cop procedural.

• James says:

wow, you take the prize for the snottiest comment ever. Congratulations.

Quoting Nathan Fillion “It costs nothing to say something kind. Even less to shut up altogether.”

• KalliopePL says:

Firefly – CANCELLED
      Dollhouse – CANCELLED

Nathan Fillion better stay FAR, FAR AWAY from this loser Whedon. Don’t try to make Nathan a TRAITOR. Castle hs TEN BILLIIONS tmes BETTER than anything Whedon did.

• mco says:

Don’t answer Hate with more Hate. Whedon is a genius. And Avengers, Buffy, and even Firefly or Dr Horrible prove that that guy is good and successfull.
        Don’t forget that Nathan too had been in a couple.of other show that had been cancelled after 6 episodes. The incredible Stana Katic had nothing to show before Castle. (I don’t count the very brief stint on James Bond). Cancellation doesn’t mean that it was bad or that an actress without success is bad.

• Westwingpotus says:

Ah, you are aware that “this loser” Josh Whedon wrote and directed The Avengers, which kinda made about, oh, a billion dollars this summer? As we;; as Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog starring some guy called, what was his name again? oh yeah, Nathan Fillion. The thousands and thousands of people who came (and even camped out) for the firefly reunion at comic con this summer would probably disagree that Whedon is a “loser”, not a lot of shows have a strong fan base 10 years after leaving the air.

As other have commented, it’s best to actually know what you’re talking about before you jump in with unnecessary rudeness.

• Audrey says:

I’m not arguing whether the previous comment is rude, let’s make it clear. But did anyone really ever doubt that a movie that has all of the summer box office heroes in one movie be a failure? No. It’s a given.

• PA says:

not a given. Just look at the mess which Green Lantern turned out to be. Easy to say after the fact, but you can butcher a movie with beloved characters just as well as with the new ones. Let’s not even talk about the last additions to Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.

• mco says:

It was a given that Avengers will score very big at Box Office. However the movie is also critically acclaimed and wasn’t a given, not even by a long shot

• Talor says:

But Castle ISN’T an ambitious show. It’s predictable and at times very cliche. Not to say that it’s bad but none of there episodes had me at the edge of my seat or took a very big risk. I think this show plays it safe. I mean you can say a lot about Joss Whedon but at least he takes risks and his shows are interesting and different even if they do get canceled. Castle is just like all the other cop or tv shows that involve a male or female lead with a will they/won’t they dynamic. It isn’t bad though. It just is.

• PA says:

that’s funny to hear, especially now, after The Avengers. You might not like Whedon, it’s your right, but calling him a loser? Anyway, Buffy was on for like 7 years, Angel – 4 years, you just took his 2 canceled shows (after 1 and 2 seasons) and make it out to be a rule. Shoddy logic, if you ask me (which you wouldn’t).

• Andrea says:

Don’t be rude!

• Superhero says:

There’s nothing rude about acknowledging the show that Castle is. It’s a standard police procedural; the show itself doesn’t try to be any more than that, it just tries to do that as well as it can. And yeah, all things considered, it does it fairly well. But that lack of ambition means it can only go so high. Nathan Fillion deserves a show that will challenge viewers and himself as an actor. Castle ain’t that.

• Audrey says:

Considering how many seasons Castle has and the lifeline of Nathan’s previous stints, you cannot say that Castle in some ways has influenced his career (and wallet). It’s not fair for you to say that Castle is not worth his time.

• Superhero says:

I’m saying that, as an actor, he is capable and worthy of more challenging and compelling material.

• James says:

So rude! “Nathan Fillion deserves a show that will challenge viewers and himself as an actor. Castle ain’t that.” Deserves? I bet he’s grateful to be on a successful show with a steady paycheck.

• tlc19 says:

Hm. Can I just mention that I’m one of many people who hadn’t even heard of Nathan Fillion before Castle? I mean, I get it now that he has this super cool cult following from this sci fi show he was on, but can we just remember the fact that there is a super small percentage of people who actually watched that show? I loved Castle way before I knew Nathan’s name. Case in point: someone at work asked me the other day what my favorite show was. I said, “Castle – 10 pm, ABC.” She said, “Oh, the cop show?” I replied, “Yeah. With Nathan Fillion.” To which she replied, “Who?”

• Superhero says:

If you watched “that sci-fi show he was on,” and other stuff that he’s been in aside from Castle, you’d see what he can really do as an actor. I mean, I like him on the show; he’s the only reason I watch it. But 95% of the time he’s only asked to be charming, which he can do in his sleep. As a viewer, I want to see him challenged, which rarely occurs on Castle.

• Kristina says:

Shows. The word is shows, he was on several. Yes he has a cult following but he was pretty popular before Castle. This show made him a household name, true, but lots of people knew who he was before.

• im sorry to say that yes i do think like u tooo .. i never heard nathan before i watch castle and so stana (honestly) .. maybe i’ve seen their face but dont really know their names before this show ..
            i think yes they can get / should do challenging role that can make me my heart jump out n say ” damn thats deserves an emmy” :) but however love the show .. :)

• James says:

Count me in as one of those who hadn’t heard of Nathan Fillion before Castle and who can’t be bothered to watch a show that was canceled ten years ago and lasted only fourteen episodes.

• mco says:

Not even as Caleb in Buffy or as Dana Delany husband in Desperate Housewives where is was for a whole season ?
            Fillion isn’t just Firefly and Castle. DH was pretty big in my books. Two Guys too (but that was a long time ago). And Buffy is a cult. I mean you can say that you didn’t know him but you can’t say that he was a nobody before Castle.
            Castle owes its season 2 to him. The buzz for Castle came thanks to Fillion’s fans. After that, I agree that its success is based on the whole cast and the writing. But first season it is because of Fillion.

• I had also never heard of Nathan until I started watching Castle last year and it was just last summer during Comic-Con that I began to discover is sci-fi following. With the exception of Smallville (the reason I know about SDCC), I’ve never been much of a sci-fi fan. That’s not to say I’d never heard of Buffy and Angel before recent years; I just didn’t watch them when they were on. DH never interested me either. Two Guys I do remember but when I first watched Castle Nathan didn’t look familiar to me from the promos (then again, that show was late-90s and I barely paid attention to it then as a pre-teen. The title seems to be the only thing I remember about it :P). I have learned a lot in the past year about this casts’ past and current roles :)

• SkimElektraLatte says:

Castle isn’t an ambitious show, that is true. It’s not necessarily your “standard police procedural” in that it focuses quite a bit on the relationships between characters and character development, especially in the case of Stana Katic’s character. It’s much more common to see light-hearted crime procedurals now because of shows like Castle and Bones. So I wouldn’t say standard exactly… I would say that they helped set the standard for their genre. Though I think it’s always as treat for actors to do more ambitious, challenging work (and Nathan Fillion, as well as all good actors certainly deserve that), I don’t think it’s fair to write a show off or criticize it because it is what it is. And Castle is a great show in lots of ways, and an entertaining one. But if you’re looking for edge of your seat, Firefly kind of action, it doesn’t aim to be that kind of a show.

Also, why would you watch something if you didn’t like it? Furthermore, why would you criticize it? I don’t know….

Oh, and Joss Whedon is SO not a loser.

• Omg says:

Why do you have to come here and complain and rain on Castle’s parade? Gzz.

• Superhero says:

You’re right. Nobody should ever comment unless their opinion matches the popular opinion of the other people commenting. My apologies.

• Cynthia says:

You don’t have to apologize for being a fan of Fillion. However, I think at times, certain points become redundant. Yes, he could be challenged more. But honestly, there are a few other cast members who could be too; Katic included. I think these people are wise enough to know what they have. The reality is, no series lasts forever, and Castle provides them a stage to continue building exposure, experience and economic security.

• Superhero says:

Of course, and I certainly don’t begrudge Fillion for accepting the job security. All I’m saying is that I would prefer to watch him in something else.

• Mindy says:

It’s one thing to show your love and support for Nathan, which he totally deserves, but it’s another thing when you have to degrade Castle to bring him up. This is a thread about Castle promotional pictures for the fans, and it has nothing to do with what you are bringing to the table. Don’t come to a thread that is sure to be swarming with Castle fans and saying that Castle in not worth it for him to be in and wishing it would end this season, and not expect people to get offended.

• Superhero says:

Why the hell should anybody get offended because some random internet guy says he doesn’t like a show that they like? If you wanna debate about the merits of Castle as a show, than that’s fine, but if you like it, then ultimately it shouldn’t matter to you what I or anybody else has to say about it.

• PA says:

I sorta agree with you, Superhero (and I bet I’m not the only one, heh-heh), but Mindy has a point. It’s probably not very wise to come to TVline’s comments section about Castle and preach how Nathan Fillion is so much better than his current show lol. You have Reddit for this kind of complaints.

Anyway I hope they will find the time for a guest spot, or at least a cameo on S.H.I.E.L.D., but it’s going to be tricky. I remember Joss saying they were ready for Nathan’s cameo on Dollhouse, but he could never find the time with Castle. Same with Community, they even had a role written for him already, but it never came to be because of his schedule. Let’s hope both shows being on ABC will help with this.

17. VACastlefan says:

And i love that they have Stana as Beckett complete with her badge and the watch! Only thing missing is a picture of the dynamic duo together…..somehow I think we’ll get one of those at some point!!! :)

18. Christine says:

WOW!!! These r fabulous pictures!!! They are the BEST looking cast!!! :) :) Can’t wait 4 the season premiere of Castle!!!

19. Andrea says:

They all look fabulous! Stana is beyond gorgeous and Nathan looks better than ever! I’m still waiting for the Castle/Beckett picture…they get closer and closer every season in the poster!

20. Mari says:

Stana looks like a supermodel!! OMG really hot!

21. Leigh says:

These are the best ones I’ve seen yet. The cast photos from last year were ok but these are great! And while I agree Stana looks great, I wish they hadn’t made her look so trashy. That is not who Kate Beckett is (well, at least as far as we’ve seen). But they all look great!

22. Kristina says:

Pretty pics :) Kinda wish Gates wasn’t sticking around though.

23. Shaun says:

Stana looks like a Victoria Secret model,calienté!!

24. Kelsey Tape says:

Reblogged this on Love. Laugh. Always. and commented:
    Come on, fall!

25. Lois says:

Let’s get to the important point…What is going on with Seamus Dever’s hair? (I am not saying it is good or bad–just wondering what is happening…)

PS: Everyone really does look great, but wouldn’t it have been awesome to get a Caskett pic, just the two of them? (Maybe we’ll see this on a promo poster for Season 5…)

In any event: only a few more weeks to go, Castle fans!!! :)

26. Mindy says:

Wow. Great photos! And to answer your question, Michael, no. Stana looks hot. Not sure how it’s even possible but she gets hotter and hotter as the seasons progressed.

27. Heather says:

Great pics! They’re photoshopped to holy hell but sill, way better than last year. Can’t wait for season 5!

28. Dj says:

I’m a geek and a huge Whedon fan, but I don’t want Nathan on S.H.I.E.L.D. Castle is great. I would rather have two wonderful fun shows on then just one.

29. Joannie says:

I love Stana’s face. Geez, how is she even real?

By the way, is that really Molly? Doesn’t look like her at all! And ABC, try to photoshopped them less next time, please.

30. Joannie says:

Photoshop^

31. yen35 says:

Super pictures. And no, it is not possible for Stana to take a bad photo. Can’t wait till the premier week.

32. Bouncy Castle says:

If you want to see Nathan Fillion in a part that couldn’t be further away from Richard Castle, watch the S7 episodes of Buffy where he guest stars as Caleb. He’s terrifying.

33. PA says:

They are all photoshopped into oblivion, seems like a standard for cast photos nowadays. Pics look kinda empty to me, no plot, no life, no fun. They could’ve played around Castle being a writer or at least something besides placing them in this storage type decor in stiff poses (except Beckett who looks like a geisha among prudes, not a compliment to either one btw, lol).

34. mary says:

This has nothing to do with photos but I have to say something to those thinking Fillion is the only one responsible for the success of the show. If he had such a big fanbase like his fans like to think he does, this show wouldn’t be in danger of cancellation in s1. First season had the worst ratings but later people started to tune in because of the good writing and great chemistry between Nathan and Stana. There are plenty of prodecurals but none of them have those kind of chemistry. Nathan knows Castle made him a household name so it’s gonna be interesting to see if he’s gonna renew his contract after s5.

• mco says:

The ratinfs were low first season but thry’d had been even lower without Fillion fanbase. It wasn’t the genre, nor the writer nor the other actors who attract people.for the few first episode it was Fillion. The overall success now is thanks to everyone. But if Castle wasn’t cut after a few episode or a he end of season 1 it was because of Fillion.
      Seriously we already had Bones, and even if hate say this, on paper they are pretty similar. The fun cop show was already taken by Mentalist so why invest on a very new show that ABC itself keep for.midseason not a very good sign either ? That’s where the Nathan Fillion card played out. After that Yes the chemistry and story was bigger than him and now and since season two it isnt true anymore. But at the very beginning it was Fillion.

• James says:

whatever rocks your boat

• PA says:

I agree with you, mco. Fillion and his cred gave that initial push for Castle’s continuing existence. NF had not big, but VERY loyal fanbase and a good rep with the media and in the biz in general. I don’t get why it’s so hard to accept for people who didn’t know him before Castle. Can’t you just “believe” that some people did know him, lol? It wouldn’t even have been greenlit probably, if the male lead was as unknown as the female lead, the premise is too unoriginal on paper. It’s not a dig at the other actors, especially Stana Katic (because I suspect it is the main problem with opposing this opinion about Fillion’s importance, lol).

Personally, I knew him from Slither, and initially from Waitress which my sister loved and made me watch with her lol. I don’t like romcoms but that one I thought was good, I liked all the actors, and when the guy who played the shy doctor popped up in this great horror comedy as a swashbuckling main character, I thought “Cool guy! Need to see more of him!” Then Firefly and Castle. So may be I am a statistical anomaly, but I am real, lol! I started watching Castle because I knew who Fillion was, nothing wrong with that.

• mco says:

Oh I adore Waitress. Jeremy Sisto was also great in it.
          More on topic, I am glad that someone finally get it.

• PA says:

I just started again with Castle, after more than a year long break, and I feel that for some reason a lot of NF fans, or initial Castle viewers in general, stopped being active in this fandom, I don’t know why. May be the show changed too much, or they don’t think it needs as much support as it used to (some of the explanations my friends gave me). Even my sister who is like a super fan of NF, gradually stopped being active in the Castle fandom, she doesn’t know why exactly. I know several people who like Fillion, and some even watch Castle (4 of 13) and are very web savvy, but they never even thought of participating in the Castle fandom, most they do is following NF on Twitter lol. So may be that’s why you had such trouble in bringing your point home lol. The tone of discussions has really changed, I notice. So I kinda believe that the majority of people who watch Castle today really never heard of NF before lol, but it wasn’t like that a couple years ago, I can tell you that.

• mco says:

My explanation is thay Katic fans are.so vocals and some so obnoxious (a minority but alas very vocals.one) that you don’t hear Fillion’s fans. Plus every time now you express some support to Nathan you have that kind of reaction. Again a minority but it’s discouraging. Stana is great but some.people.feels the need to put Nathan down to proves that Stana is great. It’s supid, it’s tiring and personnally if everytime I talk about Nathan someone answer with some critics I rather shut up than involontary feed that stupid war that a (very) few fans seems to want between Nathan’s Fan and Stana’s Fan.
            That said Some.Fillion’s are also stupid in that “war”. Personnally I love both

• PA says:

well, I didn’t want to say it, but I sensed something like that, lol. Not necessarily here, but in general. It wasn’t like that a couple years back though. Have a good day, EVERYONE! lol

• James says:

WOW, some Katic’s fans are so obnoxious you say? that’s like the pot calling the kettle black. “Stana is great but some.people.feels the need to put Nathan down to proves that Stana is great.” But it’s OK to put the show down to prove that Nathan Fillion is great, right? LOL

• mco says:

I never put down the show never. Actually I thin that it’s the best procedural on tv right now. Reread my messages. Saying that Fillion was the starting push but after that thr show itself and the whole cast and the writing and the chemistry is responsible for.its sucess since season 2 is putting down the show ? Can you explain that one to me ?
            I never said that Nathan is too good to Castle only because I don’t think it’s true. Don’t confuse me with other posters like I try to not put allthe stana fans on the same bag.

• James says:

do you realize that you’re contradicting yourself? why bringing Stana Katic’s fans into the equation is necessary when we’re just discussing Nathan Fillion and the show? so when you said “Stana is great but some.people.feels the need to put Nathan down to proves that Stana is great.” you wanted to say “Nathan is great but some people feel the need to put the show down to prove that Nathan is great”? because that’s exactly what’s happening here and I’m not talking about you in particular but your comment about Stana Katic and her fans makes no sense in this discussion unless you’re trying to rile up her fans.

• mco says:

Someone asked why why there so few Fillion’s fans who comments. I gave my explanatiin. And precise multiple time that it was a minority and a few of them that are like that but also very vocals. Reread please. If, on twitter or fanforums you received what i received everytime I say something good about Nathan you would understand my point of view. I was called once a Stana Hater because I didn’t killshot, even if I wrote “At least Stana talent made it watchable” When I said thqt Nathan was super great in Always during the fight, another called me out saying I love too much Fillion and its easy to fake tears. When I says thay Fillion helped the show at the beginning they says that I put down the show even when I only said good thing about it.
            Again MOST stana fans are as great as her. However a minority, alas most active ones, are annoying. But snotty fillion fans like the one who start this discussion exist too as I already said there.
            Castle Fandom isn’t all rainbow and unicorn. Sorry to say that but it’s true.

• mco says:

And maybe it’s only 10 people who are like that. But this 10 people contact me and tell me I am wrong every time I express my love for Nathan I will end up stopping commenting about him. That was my answer for the question “Why Nathan Fans are less vocal about the show?”

• Angie says:

Some of us are old enough to have watched him break in to the biz as Joey on One Life to Live. Loved loved him on it. Part of the first “Couger” action with Dorren. Great show. Been watching Nathan ever since.

• itsmemartu says:

I, for example, began watching Castle while on its third season because of all the buzz that made on the internet. I read the synopsis and thought it was “just another procedural”, but I gave it a try. I didn’t know who Nathan was, and I ignored the existance of a show called Firefly. I just downloaded the first season and I immediately felt atracted to the writing and chemestry of the whole cast. I was mesmerized at how the main characters interacted with each other, so I decided to investigate them and that’s when I discovered Firefly and Drive.
        My point with this is that whether Castle had low ratings or not, the show was (and is) good, there’s no doubt about that. Probably Nathan helped with his fanbase, but even a good actor can save a bad show, so you guys should consider that too.

• mco says:

Again, I said nothing to the contrary. Only that AT THE VERY BEGENNING of its existence Castle was warltch mostky because of Filliin.

• James says:

do you work for Nielsen?

• mco says:

I don’t work for nielsen. However please do some research, try to find the review from 2009, read the cokment from this reviews. Everyone on the internet back then was saying that they will at least watch the pilot onky because of Nathan. They’re multiple example to that. That’s why I am saying that Fillion’s fans helped create the buzz and draw to Castle the attention it deseved.
            Also their is multiple new shows.each year. Too much to talk about all. Why journalist choose to talk about Castle at the beginning ? Because Nathan Fillion was in it. Every Headlines were “Nathan Fillion’s Castle…”. Not ABC Castle nor just Castle but always Nathan Fillion name in the headlines

• Audrey says:

I love how you pretend to know everything about television and how it works. And to represent everyone else in this fanbase by stating why we stick around for the first episodes. Now, sarcasm aside…Although I’m not denying that Nathan is one of the major factors why the show is still alive today, if the writing sucks then even his charms and talents can’t save a sinking ship. You’re giving everyone else who works on the show (both in front and behind the camera) way too little credits. And speaking solely for myself, I wasn’t even aware of the show’s existence until the end of season three after I heard all those buzzes on the Internet..

• mco says:

Again, reread my comments when I said multiple times that the show its great.
          Putting it another very simple way : At the beginning People came for Fillion but stayed for the show itself
          As I made myself clearer or do I need to find another way to make myself understood and stop people putting in my mouth words I never even though?

• 1 says:

I feel bad for you, mco, you’ll never win this battle)) I noticed a long time ago that the majority of commenters on forums and the like never even read the whole post through, they just click Reply immediately, and usually start with “I disagree!”))) That’s why I rarely comment anywhere myself.

And you’re absolutely right about Fillion fans. I never comment on Castle articles because whenever you say something good about Nathan, you either need to immediately say something even more positive about Stana, validating some stanatics’ jealously twisted sense of “fairness”, or prepare to be mauled)) Not always, but very often.
            I like Stana, I do. And I don’t deny the existence of “snotty” fans of NF, as you put it. But they are exactly that – snotty. They live in their “Nathan is a Saintly Golden Genius” world and are always surprised when somebody doesn’t like Nathan or likes another actor better. They discuss among themselves how stupid people are, climb back on their high horses and go away 90% of the time. They don’t obsess over having “enemies”. Not so with stanatics. This vocal radical minority you were talking about is doggedly vicious, obnoxious, ignorant, and has this us-them teenage mentality, possibly because often it’s 16 year old girls. I understand that press people often single out Nathan and it is frustrating for fans of Stana, but with not very bright fans it turns into incessant Nathan bashing and denigration, which is exclusive for Castle fandom. I swear I almost never see any Fillion hate unless I go here or on castlespoilers.blogspot, or some other Castle site. From weight to twitter, to work ethic, to “bimbos”, to projections and assumptions about his character, to ridiculous conspiracy theories, you can have it all. I recently read a discussion between some teens where it was stated as a fact that the gossip blurb about Stana being a diva on set was written by some browncoat or even Nathan’s publicist, who were jealous of Stana supposedly overshadowing Nathan. Yep. Not a typical gossip rag strategy, but evil envious Nathan and his peeps. Projecting much?
            You can’t even have this tiny thing – admitting that initially many people tuned into Castle because of Nathan, which is not even positive or negative, just a fact. Nobody stated he had George Clooney level of fame, just enough to make a couple million people to watch the pilot. But no.
            OK, I said enough I think. Once again – I am not war mongering and I am not talking about ALL Stana’s fans. But I think you know the type I’m talking about, admit it.
            And I’m not going to comment or come here again, so don’t bother with hate replies.

• James says:

So far I’ve only seen comments from Nathan Fillion’s fans dishing the show, the writers, his costar and the fandom. Well done.

• mco says:

Only two dish about the show. And its suddently all Nathan Fillion fans ? It wasn’t even dishing since they said it was still good, not the best show ever, but good.
            None dished about his costars nor the writers. At least in this threads.

We explained why we have problems with a very few and a very minority of the fandom. I hope, reading my previous comments, you understand where it came from from my experience. Or 1 example.

I never said, unlike you, that Stana Katic’s fans were all bad, putting them in the same bag. Just that a minority of them were. It’s a reality and I think it needs to be said just to explain why this kind of threads end badly and maybe some people would read it and see that behavior in their friends and try to talk to them ? I can only hope.

As for example, I am trying since the beginning to explain a fact or a point of view.Mostly calmy, and giving a few argument and explanation of why I think what I think.

Answers were mostly judging, sarcasm, accusations, misinterpretation of that I was saying, overall slightly defensive/agressive. None were trying to really understand what I was saying (how many times I had to repeat myself, saying the exact same thing in other ways ?)

That isn’t telling me that fans are open to discussion or triyng to understand each other when they disagree on a point.

Sadly it’s true for every shows with a huge fanbase. Most of the fans are pretty great and awesome. But there always a very vocal minority that giving all the fandom a bad name.

And maybe, I am from that minority today, and if that so, then I apologize. I was just trying to explain something as I saw it because, unlike you, I was there in march 2009 when the shows started and I saw how it evolved, How at the beginning majority of people I chat with on this kind of threads were Nathan’s fans and how slowly the fandom became so much bigger than Nathan.

How from the start to approximatly mid-season 3 we were a big happy familly and very slowly I started getting angry comment when I was saying good things about Nathan or some critics about Stana. And that I was very very “loved” when I had critics about Nathan and rave review about Stana.

I love the show, I love Nathan, I love Stana and I am the one who started “In Marlowe We Trust” on a French forum with a friend of mine and I love this freaking fandom.
            That doesn’t make me blind to some imperfections that Nathan, Stana, Marlowe, and the fandom have.

But it seems that pointing this imperfections is a bad thing.
            And from my experience today, it seems that trying to give credits to Nathan for a little thing is a bad thing too. That thanking Nathan for something means I don’t like the others. Like I couldn’t appreciate two thing at the same time maybe ?

And that’s sad my friends, it’s very sad.

• James says:

no wonder you’re mocked a lot, pass the kleenex, sob!

• mco says:

Thank you James, you just drove my point home, all by yourself.

• ginger says:

ok, this is getting silly. I don’t understand what you guys are arguing about. The initial point of this discussion was that Nathan fans helped the show to get picked up for the second season and created media buzz. And almost every answer to that starts with “You’re wrong, I personally never heard about Nathan before”, or “I started watching in season 3 due to the internet buzz”, or “you offend everyone working for the show, it is good not just because of Nathan”…
          well, nobody said any of those things, just that Nathan had fans and recognition in the industry and it made the show pick up possible. I started watching at the end of season 2 and I didn’t know who he was before, so what? Other fans briefed me immediately and told to watch Firefly. LOL. yes, at the time it was still mostly Nathan fans, from Firefly, soaps or movies. I can confirm this. What’s the big deal? nobody was dissing the actors, nobody was saying that the show is good now only because of Nathan, nobody was saying that Stana is not just as important for the show now… Jeeez, seriously some people only look to start a fight

• Lynn says:

ditto for me!! Istarted watching at season 3 because I heard the performances were terrific and the writing was excellent. Of course I have followed it ever since.Nathan Fillion is fine in the role…Katic is stunning and a really great actress and Jon Huertas and Seamus Dever are a treat to watch.Molly and Susan round out a terrific cast. mco has a huge crush on Nathan fillion although when I pointed out to her that that was understandable she claimed her only interest was in Castle and Beckett..however you may notice when looking around she can never seem to let a line go by when she isn’t putting Katic down even the season 5 photos…who does she criticize? Katic…even though all the photos are great and she is stunning So it’s just best to let it go and enjoy the show!!!

• James says:

I so agree with you. And I bet he’ll renew his contract and get a huge rise just like Stana and the rest of the cast. It’s more likely that Nathan is known worldwide thanks to Castle than Firefly or twelve episodes in Desperate Housewives or a recurring role in the last season of Buffy. I didn’t even know he starred in DH and I watched the show.

• Lynn says:

i agree and I bet Nathan and Stana are great friends ..WHO KNOWS MAYBE MORE!!in any event I am sure these kind of snide remarks and backbiting makes them both sick!! I never heard of either of them before Castle. But they are a great team and if either one were to leave it would be the end of the show! period.You so called fans of either one are not doing either any good. I have never been on this sight before and seriously never will again…from the comments, many of you appear to be star struck teenagers rather then discerning followers of the show.

35. Bob says:

Fox STILL sucks for cancelling ‘Firefly’ too soon. More Adam Baldwin this year on ‘Castle’!

36. DW says:

Tamala looks stunning! I think her photo is the best of the bunch!

37. Danielle H says:

Eep…. these are terrible and cheesy!!