Once Upon a Time Scoop: Lost's Jorge Garcia Lands a 'Giant' Role

Dude. Once Upon a Time has “big” plans for Jorge Garcia.

Lost‘s Hurley will guest-star during Season 2 of ABC’s fantastical series as a giant, TVLine has learned. Garcia right now is booked for just one episode.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello Has Scoop on Once Upon a Time‘s Upcoming Lost-Like Twist

Garcia’s casting comes as no great surprise, given Once co-creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz’s own Lost roots. Plus, as recently as July they shared their wish to find a place for the big lug on their canvas, just as they did with Emilie de Ravin (who played castaway Claire back in the day and now is a series regular as Belle).

Think maybe Garcia’s giant lords over a certain magical beanstalk? Whatever the case, he joins a colorful list of new characters set to pop up this season, including Captain Hook, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Sir Lancelot and … whomever Michael Raymond-James is playing.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Your First Look at a Snow White-Centric DVD Extra!

Once, which was last season’s highest-rated freshman drama, opens its new season on Sunday, Sept. 30.

1. Jared says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

2. TigerNightmare says:

Am I the only one who’s getting kind of tired of Jorge Garcia? Maybe it was just Alcatraz that burned me out on him.

3. MaryG says:

LOVE JORGE GARCIA!!

4. TJ says:

Hell yes! And I hope the cast doesn’t get too overcrowded…he should just make a few appearances. As well as the several hundred other characters they’ve cast.

5. yut says:

Wth? This is OUAT, not Lost.
    I have enough with annoying Emilie de Ravin, no more lostis, come on!

6. Woooo HOOO! I love him! I’m so glad he is going to be on a good show. Alcatraz sucked.

7. BelleRumpleFan says:

This is great news! Love Jorge!!

These are hard working actors I don’t see the problem with some Lost cast members on Once. It’s actually pretty cool that Eddy & Adam think highly enough of these actors to want them on their show.

Thanks for the scoop, Matt!

8. Nick says:

I prefer a recurring role for Jorge Garcia. That would be awesome.

9. nick1372 says:

Yeah! He’s a great actor and I’m excited, even though this role is a little mean…

10. Babybop says:

Yay! Love him!

11. Clearly the curse has not been broken, or else Jimini would be a cricket again, the nuns would be fairies, etc. All that’s happened is that they regained their memories, right? What else is holding them back? What is keeping them human and on Earth if not the curse?

• We don’t know that. When the curse was broken, we only got a glimpse of everyone remembering who they were, and it was mainly Snow, Charming, and those who were at the hospital with Emma and Henry. Who knows – one of the scenes of the premiere could be at Dr. Hopper’s office when Dr. Hopper is sitting at his desk and all of a sudden turns into Jimini Cricket. From what I remember, Kitsis and Horowitz said that questions like this will be answered this season :)

• Mary says:

The curse was broken, but magic is unpredictable in Storybrooke.

12. Jared says:

Perfect casting..cant wait for season 2!

13. Bia says:

Seems that Once…no…the Lost 2 begin…

14. Ashley says:

I like Jorge Garcia and I’m happy to see him on the show. However, I do hope that the showrunners remember that this is “OUAT” is NOT “Lost” and that there are fans out there who adore “OUAT” that weren’t Losties.

15. Kelly says:

Cool. I’m not concerned about them using lost actors if they are right for the role. Alan Dale and Emilie de Ravin rock it on Once. But I do worry of the cast becoming over crowded and when they killed Graham/Huntsman, I worried it would be Lost 2 with them following the overdone death/kill gimmick. But so far it’s been all good so I’ll wait and see.

16. Kelly ann says:

Well Once Upon a Time knocked it out of the park with their casting of Emilie de Ravin as Belle and Alan Dale as King George so hopefully they know what they are doing. Now if they could get Jamie Dornan back as Graham/Huntsman I will be over the moon.

17. Gilda says:

He’s so adorable; I’m not sure I can see him as evil. I hope it’ll be a good incarnation of the giant.