Fall TV Preview

Once Upon a Time Scoop: Lost's Jorge Garcia Lands a 'Giant' Role

Dude. Once Upon a Time has “big” plans for Jorge Garcia.

Lost‘s Hurley will guest-star during Season 2 of ABC’s fantastical series as a giant, TVLine has learned. Garcia right now is booked for just one episode.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello Has Scoop on Once Upon a Time‘s Upcoming Lost-Like Twist

Garcia’s casting comes as no great surprise, given Once co-creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz’s own Lost roots. Plus, as recently as July they shared their wish to find a place for the big lug on their canvas, just as they did with Emilie de Ravin (who played castaway Claire back in the day and now is a series regular as Belle).

Think maybe Garcia’s giant lords over a certain magical beanstalk? Whatever the case, he joins a colorful list of new characters set to pop up this season, including Captain Hook, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Sir Lancelot and … whomever Michael Raymond-James is playing.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Your First Look at a Snow White-Centric DVD Extra!

Once, which was last season’s highest-rated freshman drama, opens its new season on Sunday, Sept. 30.

Comments (29)

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Comment by Jared – August 29, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who’s getting kind of tired of Jorge Garcia? Maybe it was just Alcatraz that burned me out on him.

Comment by TigerNightmare – August 29, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re probably not the only one, but I’m thrilled to see him still working. I found his characters to be the best part of both Lost and Alcatraz.

Comment by BTM – August 30, 2012 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE JORGE GARCIA!!

Comment by MaryG – August 29, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yes! And I hope the cast doesn’t get too overcrowded…he should just make a few appearances. As well as the several hundred other characters they’ve cast.

Comment by TJ – August 29, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wth? This is OUAT, not Lost.
    I have enough with annoying Emilie de Ravin, no more lostis, come on!

Comment by yut – August 29, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh come one, he’ll be in ONE episode.

Comment by Gale – August 29, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m taking a wait and see approach and see what he does with the role. I adore Alan Dale and Emilie de Ravin as King George and Belle.

Comment by Kelly – August 30, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely don’t want OUAT to become Lost but so far the castings have been great. I adore Emilie de Ravin as Belle.

Comment by Patti – August 30, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like it when shows stand on their own too. I like Jorge a lot but after the travesty of Belle I’m just so wary of all the new iconic castings and of anyone from Lost.

Comment by xav – August 30, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a big fan of his but Emilie was perfect as Belle.

Comment by John – August 30, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emilie as Belle is my fav,along with Snow.

Comment by Kelly ann – August 30, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woooo HOOO! I love him! I’m so glad he is going to be on a good show. Alcatraz sucked.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 29, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! Love Jorge!!

These are hard working actors I don’t see the problem with some Lost cast members on Once. It’s actually pretty cool that Eddy & Adam think highly enough of these actors to want them on their show.

Thanks for the scoop, Matt!

Comment by BelleRumpleFan – August 29, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer a recurring role for Jorge Garcia. That would be awesome.

Comment by Nick – August 29, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! He’s a great actor and I’m excited, even though this role is a little mean…

Comment by nick1372 – August 29, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Love him!

Comment by Babybop – August 29, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clearly the curse has not been broken, or else Jimini would be a cricket again, the nuns would be fairies, etc. All that’s happened is that they regained their memories, right? What else is holding them back? What is keeping them human and on Earth if not the curse?

Comment by Michael Sacal – August 29, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We don’t know that. When the curse was broken, we only got a glimpse of everyone remembering who they were, and it was mainly Snow, Charming, and those who were at the hospital with Emma and Henry. Who knows – one of the scenes of the premiere could be at Dr. Hopper’s office when Dr. Hopper is sitting at his desk and all of a sudden turns into Jimini Cricket. From what I remember, Kitsis and Horowitz said that questions like this will be answered this season :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 29, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The curse was broken, but magic is unpredictable in Storybrooke.

Comment by Mary – August 29, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect casting..cant wait for season 2!

Comment by Jared – August 29, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems that Once…no…the Lost 2 begin…

Comment by Bia – August 30, 2012 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Jorge Garcia and I’m happy to see him on the show. However, I do hope that the showrunners remember that this is “OUAT” is NOT “Lost” and that there are fans out there who adore “OUAT” that weren’t Losties.

Comment by Ashley – August 30, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool. I’m not concerned about them using lost actors if they are right for the role. Alan Dale and Emilie de Ravin rock it on Once. But I do worry of the cast becoming over crowded and when they killed Graham/Huntsman, I worried it would be Lost 2 with them following the overdone death/kill gimmick. But so far it’s been all good so I’ll wait and see.

Comment by Kelly – August 30, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well Once Upon a Time knocked it out of the park with their casting of Emilie de Ravin as Belle and Alan Dale as King George so hopefully they know what they are doing. Now if they could get Jamie Dornan back as Graham/Huntsman I will be over the moon.

Comment by Kelly ann – August 30, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I heard somewhere that they might bring him back in flashbacks…

Comment by nick1372 – August 30, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s so adorable; I’m not sure I can see him as evil. I hope it’ll be a good incarnation of the giant.

Comment by Gilda – August 30, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post