Fall TV Preview

Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: Season 9 to Feature a Wedding — But Who Is Getting Hitched?

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop

Grey's Anotomy WeddingExtra! Extra! Somebody’s getting married!

No, we’re not channeling the show-stopping closing number from The Muppets Take Manhattan — we’re previewing Grey’s Anatomy‘s upcoming Season 9.

Series creator Shonda Rhimes tells TVLine exclusively that the ABC drama’s new season will find one of the show’s couples exchanging “I dos.”

“We are going to have a wedding this season,” Rhimes confirmed. “But that’s all I’m going to say.”

VIDEO | Lost (and NSFW)  Grey’s Anatomy Scene Features Jackson, Mark and ‘Sex Play’

Considering that three of the show’s main duos — Derek/Mer, Cristina/Owen, Callie/Arizona — have already taken the plunge, that leaves Bailey/Ben and Jackson/April as the perceived frontrunners.

Of course, a lot can happen over the course of a 24-episode season. For instance, Rhimes reveals that longtime bachelor Alex will at long last exorcize the ghost of Izzie. “I feel like it’s time,” she says. “We’re going to watch Alex really grow up and step up this season and find real love with somebody who doesn’t leave him for once.”

Another possible nuptial scenario: Adele’s ongoing losing battle with Alzheimer’s could clear the way for the Chief to marry Jackson’s mom, Catherine (Debbie Allen, who is confirmed to return).

Who do you think will walk down the aisle in Season 9? Hit the comments with your predictions. And remember, Season 9 of Grey’s Anatomy premieres Thursday, Sept. 27 at 9/8c.

Comments (116)

• I love owen and cristina be together forever becayse they made for betogether because they love each other and cristina cannot be without owen and owen cannot be without cristina I want they be happy again actcully cristina want baby but not now I really wate for seasone 9

Comment by cristinas lover – September 21, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe there will be new people that get married

Comment by shalese – September 26, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The chick who plays lexi wanted to leave so shondra wrote it in….mark will be on like 3 episodes so I don’t think he’s gonna die but who knows. The wedding is prob bailey n Ben….supposedly met turns to her dark side this season…poor poor Alex needs love!!!

Comment by Pharaby – September 26, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My money is on Alex and a girl TBD

Comment by clitrenta – September 26, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I find it hard to believe that Alex would be able to settle down with anyone. He is a man whore.

Comment by Melanie – September 27, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see April & Jackson take the plunge:-)

Comment by Melanie – September 27, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sucks that Mark died…sucks even more that tonights episode was confussing and all over the place. Cant be mad about Mark though because he didnt want to be on the show anymore anyways

Comment by Shay – September 27, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It could be Christina and Owen renewing their vows.

Comment by Tasha – September 27, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so think its going to be Jackson & April! :)

Comment by Daniel N Sara Garcia – October 1, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Alex find a girl who doesn’t run away or gets crazy or something like that. It would be too cruel of the writers if they did that AGAIN! I kinda liked him and Lucy. I hope she gets back!

Comment by jkfg98 – October 29, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its gonna be Jackson and April…..in the 7th episode april seems to be gettin pregnant. So they might get married.

Comment by Ramya Bala – November 17, 2012 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post